Author Topic: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?  (Read 33942 times)

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »
Absolutely disgusted with some of the comments coming out of whiskey noses' gob since yesterday and no response whatsoever from our manager. He could have mentioned the O'Shea sending off that never happened, the constant diving of Nani, whiskey noses reference to the 10 goals they could have scored (I dont think they had 10 shots on target that they could have scored from).
Get a grip manager and stand up for your team...

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2010, 01:35:17 pm »
There's some fucking idiots on here today.

Predictable.

I said on a thread before the game yesterday, every manager we've had has had a shite record at that dump, it'll probably never change.

Offline Red Heart

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2010, 01:35:51 pm »
No reason apart from, he's the manager of Liverpool FC.

Appointed by the Leeches - that in my book is a strike against him.

Roy might not turn it around. He might be taking us in the wrong direction. But it's going to take more than 5 league matches for me to decide on that.

That'll be THIRTY years and five matches for us.

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
  • We controlled the game. No?
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2010, 01:36:34 pm »
there are different ways to defend and to be fair both work one day...dont the next.
somedays the ref does you a disservice,other times it goes your way
now my major gripe with our negative supporters is that ,and to use an analogy....one bad apple will turn all the good apples in the barrel bad....
so ,why look for the negatives?...why dont you talk about the positives during hodgsons reign upto now?...
If you cant think of any,many....i suggest you go away and think about the alrms bells that should be ringing in your head right now?

I don't really think people are actively looking for negatives; it's more a case of those negatives shining out like beacons and demanding comment. How the fuck do you expect people to react when that demented bastard accuses one of our players of being a cheat, yet our manager 'doesn't want to get involved', the fucking coward. Added to the general cluelessness of his management so far, there isn't a whole lot to get positive about.
We are a good team. We are a serious team. We want to win. We want to do the right thing.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2010, 01:39:06 pm »
Imagine sitting in your dugout for the game & then not being a rent a quote gobshite like Ferguson after every match!?

Jeez.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »
Forget Roy for a second, and let us just think of "The Manager" - whoever might have been appointed. They inherit a disillusioned, demoralised side that finished seventh and finished the campaign being unable to score aginst a dreadful Hull side. Yosser and Masch go, the owners pocket most of the proceeds and inferior replacements are all we can afford.Ther is no net transfer budget, and you will probably be replaced by new owners at some stage in the foreseeable future.

Not an easy scenario for ANY manager.

I support Roy. I have no idea wheher he will "succeed" ( whatever that means), he is not from the Euro Elite, because at the moment, neither are we.And at a time when all the focus should be on G&H there is nothing to be gained from mocking and belittling Roy- who do people want next? Phil Brown?
Danger! Danger! sensible post detected! Danger! Danger!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2010, 01:39:48 pm »
did paisley ever go on a whinge to the press?correct me if im wrong cause im struggling to remember,but i think he just kept it all in house didnt he?...i think he just made sure he had good players with good basics and played as a team .got the results and didnt have much to moan about,but im sure that old army attitude of dont whinge ,get on with it attitude overuled anything else...works doesnt it?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »
I don't really think people are actively looking for negatives; it's more a case of those negatives shining out like beacons and demanding comment. How the fuck do you expect people to react when that demented bastard accuses one of our players of being a cheat, yet our manager 'doesn't want to get involved', the fucking coward. Added to the general cluelessness of his management so far, there isn't a whole lot to get positive about.
alarm bells?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:07 pm »

Predictable.

I said on a thread before the game yesterday, every manager we've had has had a shite record at that dump, it'll probably never change.

maybe we just care enough about the club that we feel the need to moan and see who else agrees!? we do have a bad record at Castle Greyskull but previously I have seen the team go there and give it a good go!! what happened yesterday? we had to go 2 down to realize we needed to pull our finger out, where was the manager, where were the instructions? he was sat on his seat the whole game!!

there is being optimistic and looking at the positives and there is being realistic and noticing that the negatives SO FAR heavily outweigh the positives.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Danger! Danger! sensible post detected! Danger! Danger!

Is that K-9?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2010, 01:42:47 pm »

Predictable.

Idiots? more like ten year olds.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2010, 01:42:56 pm »

Predictable.

If you read this thread properly, you'll have seen that the crux of the anger on here has nothing whatsoever to do with the result.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2010, 01:44:28 pm »
maybe we just care enough about the club that we feel the need to moan and see who else agrees!? we do have a bad record at Castle Greyskull but previously I have seen the team go there and give it a good go!! what happened yesterday? we had to go 2 down to realize we needed to pull our finger out, where was the manager, where were the instructions? he was sat on his seat the whole game!!

there is being optimistic and looking at the positives and there is being realistic and noticing that the negatives SO FAR heavily outweigh the positives.

2 things:- Castle Greyskull was where the goodies lived, Skeletor's gaff was Snake Mountain & if I don't have a go at our manager for every tiny thing he does, does that mean I don't care about our club?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »
Appointed by the Leeches - that in my book is a strike against him.
OK So by what you're saying: Kenny Dalglish/Van Gaal/Pellegrini/O'Neill/The Lord Jesus Christ. Any one of these could have been appointed by the leeches when Rafa left.

With what you just stated, that'd be a strike against all of them?

Still think you've made a valid comment??
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:16 pm »
If you read this thread properly, you'll have seen that the crux of the anger on here has nothing whatsoever to do with the result.

I've read it & I don't it would read the same had we won yesterday.

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:21 pm »
did paisley ever go on a whinge to the press?correct me if im wrong cause im struggling to remember,but i think he just kept it all in house didnt he?...i think he just made sure he had good players with good basics and played as a team .got the results and didnt have much to moan about,but im sure that old army attitude of dont whinge ,get on with it attitude overuled anything else...works doesnt it?
What is that you fail to understand and you try to lecture us about Paisley and Shankly?
Hodgson has been all over the media since he joined us, that was what the original post was about. Yet yesterday he remained silent when Ferguson abused Torres. That's what we're debating, right now.

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2010, 01:46:54 pm »

I'm sure Bob didn't have to contend with political machinations in the dressing room; he was in charge and everyone knew it. Bob wouldn't put up with any bollocks from players whining to be in the team or in a particular position, but Hodgson is just happy to be in the job at all, so he'll happily trundle along and defer to the 'senior' players to keep the ship 'steady'.

Plus Bob was a football man, which going by Agger's comments, Hodgson clearly isn't.
We are a good team. We are a serious team. We want to win. We want to do the right thing.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »
Forget Roy for a second, and let us just think of "The Manager" - whoever might have been appointed. They inherit a disillusioned, demoralised side that finished seventh and finished the campaign being unable to score aginst a dreadful Hull side. Yosser and Masch go, the owners pocket most of the proceeds and inferior replacements are all we can afford.Ther is no net transfer budget, and you will probably be replaced by new owners at some stage in the foreseeable future.

Not an easy scenario for ANY manager.

I support Roy. I have no idea wheher he will "succeed" ( whatever that means), he is not from the Euro Elite, because at the moment, neither are we.And at a time when all the focus should be on G&H there is nothing to be gained from mocking and belittling Roy- who do people want next? Phil Brown?

Yet another cracking post young man. Hodgson has got more dignity in his little finger than some of the whoppers in this thread who are tearing every aspect of his ability and personality to pieces.

He's the Manager of Liverpool Football Club; please show some respect for the job that he is doing even if you have doubts about his ability to execute it effectively. The fact that his ability to do the job effectively is completely fucked over by events off the field really ought to be enough reason for you to give the man some respect in extremely difficult circumstances.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2010, 01:48:30 pm »
What is that you fail to understand and you try to lecture us about Paisley and Shankly?
Hodgson has been all over the media since he joined us, that was what the original post was about. Yet yesterday he remained silent when Ferguson abused Torres. That's what we're debating, right now.

He's been pretty diplomatic with the media, I don't think he's ever done anything to suggest he'd get in a slanging match with the likes of cock breath yesterday.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2010, 01:49:04 pm »

give me some positives that you have noticed since hodgson come in?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2010, 01:49:15 pm »
Is that K-9?
Come on Walshy lad! Have you never heard of Lost in Space!!

Was trying to be cryptic given some of the comments on here.

Seriously. Comedic talent such as mine is lost on you lot...  :lmao

Offline victorcwh

• Main Stander
  • Hong Kong Reds
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2010, 01:49:45 pm »
What Hodgson said to the press makes me feel disgust. He didn't even try to defend Torres.
IN RAFA I MISS !!!
KING, thanks for your effort !!!

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2010, 01:50:15 pm »
Yet another cracking post young man. Hodgson has got more dignity in his little finger than some of the whoppers in this thread who are tearing every aspect of his ability and personality to pieces.

He's the Manager of Liverpool Football Club; please show some respect for the job that he is doing even if you have doubts about his ability to execute it effectively. The fact that his ability to do the job effectively is completely fucked over by events off the field really ought to be enough reason for you to give the man some respect in extremely difficult circumstances.

^^^ Bump ^^^^ Respect is not something everybody understand. But lets get rid of the manager and get somebody else for 5 games and then replace them as well... Lets become Newcastle or Real Madrid... Just because he didnt protect the player... What the fuck is wrong with you? What did he say last week about Torres.
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2010, 01:51:02 pm »

Agree with what Xerxes has said but he knew bout the job situation prior to getting the job so it's not like its been sprung upon him has it?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2010, 01:51:03 pm »
2 things:- Castle Greyskull was where the goodies lived, Skeletor's gaff was Snake Mountain & if I don't have a go at our manager for every tiny thing he does, does that mean I don't care about our club?

of course I am not saying you don't care, I know we all care, people voice their concerns different ways and react in different ways, just because we all have different opinions doesn't make anyone a lesser person or supporter than the next guy.

anyway, I am not here to argue with fellow Reds, my point was that in my personal opinion we are not well tactically and our approach seems wrong to games, I would be happier with a loss if we approached a game with attacking/winning mentality than a loss via bad tactics.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »
What Hodgson said to the press makes me feel disgust. He didn't even try to defend Torres.

Why does he have to?

Everyone other than deluded mancs knows that it was a foul. Whisky gob's made a complete tit of himself for the millionth time, made to look even worse by that fuckhead Nani...

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2010, 01:52:13 pm »
Hodgson has been all over the media since he joined us, that was what the original post was about.

Can you quantify how much more he "has been all over the media since he joined us"? More than Rafa was when he took up the post after Houllier? or is it just perception? He's the new English manager of Liverpool Football Club; that's pretty newsworthy, especially when we're in a complete fucking mess. 

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2010, 01:52:54 pm »
Agree with what Xerxes has said but he knew bout the job situation prior to getting the job so it's not like its been sprung upon him has it?

If we weren't in such a terrible state, Hodgson would have zero chance of being our Manager, so he's got fuck all to complain about.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2010, 01:52:54 pm »
do you want him to succeed?

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:33 pm »

You should probably think about revisiting your moral compass, I think it's off whack. When did dignifying the drunken rants of that old soak up the road become part of the job description for a  Liverpool manager?

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »
of course I am not saying you don't care, I know we all care, people voice their concerns different ways and react in different ways, just because we all have different opinions doesn't make anyone a lesser person or supporter than the next guy.

anyway, I am not here to argue with fellow Reds, my point was that in my personal opinion we are not well tactically and our approach seems wrong to games, I would be happier with a loss if we approached a game with attacking/winning mentality than a loss via bad tactics.

Fair enough mate, emotions are running high today.

Objective posts about tactics, subs etc are fine, it's when people start having a go at our manager for every little thing - does my head in.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »
"Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig like it."
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »
do you want him to succeed?

Who doesn't?

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2010, 01:57:46 pm »

phil ,can you explain this 12th man thingy to the left of your posts....isnt that to do with getting behind yer boys or something?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2010, 01:59:37 pm »
Where's pass and move?

Exactly. Did Hodgson not state when he first took over that we would be returning to what made us famous? Pass and move football? Ive seen zero evidence of that so far and Aggers comments (however misguided on his part) add further weight to that.

The other comments post match that annoyed me were in relation to the goals we conceded:

“I don’t have too much of problem with the first two. The first was a wonderful corner kick and header, while the second was a bit of genius that is hard to defend against."

No problem with the first two? Im giving him the benefit of the doubt here and assuming that this is just a play to avoid criticising the players in public because, if not, then we really do have a problem because the defending on both occasions was dreadful.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2010, 02:00:44 pm »
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2010, 02:02:50 pm »
Can you quantify how much more he "has been all over the media since he joined us"? More than Rafa was when he took up the post after Houllier? or is it just perception? He's the new English manager of Liverpool Football Club; that's pretty newsworthy, especially when we're in a complete fucking mess. 

If he was quiet people will say he has not been over the media.
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2010, 02:08:31 pm »
Come on Walshy lad! Have you never heard of Lost in Space!!

Was trying to be cryptic given some of the comments on here.

Seriously. Comedic talent such as mine is lost on you lot...  :lmao

I was close then! :)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2010, 02:10:33 pm »

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2010, 02:14:32 pm »
Exactly. Did Hodgson not state when he first took over that we would be returning to what made us famous? Pass and move football? Ive seen zero evidence of that so far and Aggers comments (however misguided on his part) add further weight to that.

The other comments post match that annoyed me were in relation to the goals we conceded:

“I don’t have too much of problem with the first two. The first was a wonderful corner kick and header, while the second was a bit of genius that is hard to defend against."

No problem with the first two? Im giving him the benefit of the doubt here and assuming that this is just a play to avoid criticising the players in public because, if not, then we really do have a problem because the defending on both occasions was dreadful.

Give him a chance like!

Yeah i can see him going with a completely open formation playing pass and move to Arsenal at home, after a pre season where he has little chance to bed in his main players into a setup he wants to execute? Did we play with a more attacking line up at City and get beat 3-0 with everyone moaning that 4-4-2 was wrong?

You see i just dont get it. I'll be honest, theres been flashes of us playing some nice one touch stuff, admittedly not in great waves, but its been there. Last season we couldnt string two passes together. Give it time.