Author Topic: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?  (Read 33950 times)

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 04:46:05 am »
In many walks of life, in many professions, there is something unquantifiable, something you just cant put your finger on, the mythical 'it'! You know what it is, you know it when you see it and feel it, you know when someone has it. We hear it and say it about players 'not a Liverpool player, not for me' and opinions do vary its true and not everyone is right. This might I think, be a case of that though, I think for many, really Roy isnt a Liverpool manager, cant say what it is he doesnt have, but just know he doesnt have it or in the very least hasnt yet shown that he has it. I hope he does, because we need him to do it and be it.

It was a very difficult start to the season, so I will look to see what happens in the next few games and the derby, he has sort of faultered at the first hurdle, well the second big jump is coming, he has got to get it right here. Have to say though, I honestly found it weird seeing him sitting in the shed watching them on saturday, it just seemed wrong.

In some ways it reminds me of the last Roy we had in charge, in the end he didnt quite have it, nice bloke and all that, had everything else, but not that something.

I said before Roy "has not been appointed to bring us back to the perch".  It's the truth, but it'd be disappointing if he's accepting it.  We want to see the fight, that we will not bend to what fate has been throwing at us. 

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 04:48:28 am »
Same go's for Roy.

I am with you on that one......Hodgson's pre game talk of 'hoping not to lose' has got to do with him having 'no balls' than sports psychology. I think as LFC fans people tend to show a lot of support for their manager but this time it looks really stupid to support Roy. I want him to fuck off. He is just giving excuses before the matches even fucking start.
YNWA

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 04:50:52 am »
hodgson is simply just a nice guy/manager but he isn't up for the job. doesn't inspire belief around...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:55 am »
Nobody ever really liked him. He was a great player, but as a manager I honestly thought what the fuck at the time and wanted him out from day 1. 
He was indeed a great player, one of our greatest. But as a manager he was brought in to give us a bit more discipline and bite and of I remember correctly people actually backed him and for a lot longer than 12 games and those who questioned his appointment were the ones who went the match. As you'll know, they were the days (or just bordering on the final days) of having to go the match to actually disscuss it, not like this Internet uber-fan we have before us today, much simpler times back then, where differing of opinions were sorted out face to face and not this medium we have today. Anyway, that aside, Souness was more than liked, he hit iconic status as a player, your old enough to remember him being told "people say you look like me" bottom line is la, we were not just a better team back in the day, we were better fans, and the shitehawks who masquerade as top reds who fight the goodfight and stand up for the club and it's values more so than those who "don't get it" yet come on here to slate the manager after just a dozen games need to have a word with themselves.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:37 am »
I am with you on that one......Roy's pre game talk of 'hoping not to lose' has got to do with him having 'no balls' than sports psychology. I think as LFC fans people tend to show a lot of support for their manager but this time it looks really stupid to support Roy. I want him to fuck off. He is just giving excuses before the matches even fucking start.

err, I think we're agreeing on this?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:46 am »
hodgson is simply just a nice guy/manager but he isn't up for the job. doesn't inspire belief around...

That sums it up for me....
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2010, 04:56:55 am »
err, I think we're agreeing on this?

Not all of it.....wanting Hodgson to fuck off, that's all me :D
YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:31 am »
Not all of it.....wanting Hodgson to fuck off, that's all me :D
Not as much as I want you and other shitehawk uber Internet fans like you to fuck off.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 05:13:34 am »
He was indeed a great player, one of our greatest. But as a manager he was brought in to give us a bit more discipline and bite and of I remember correctly people actually backed him and for a lot longer than 12 games and those who questioned his appointment were the ones who went the match. As you'll know, they were the days (or just bordering on the final days) of having to go the match to actually disscuss it, not like this Internet uber-fan we have before us today, much simpler times back then, where differing of opinions were sorted out face to face and not this medium we have today. Anyway, that aside, Souness was more than liked, he hit iconic status as a player, your old enough to remember him being told "people say you look like me" bottom line is la, we were not just a better team back in the day, we were better fans, and the shitehawks who masquerade as top reds who fight the goodfight and stand up for the club and it's values more so than those who "don't get it" yet come on here to slate the manager after just a dozen games need to have a word with themselves.

Souness was brought in as the hierarchy thought it seemed like a good idea, it wasnt, could see the logic thoug. However Rangers were sactually shite. Bringing Roy in was a bad idea as well, different reasons now though.  Went me first match in 71 mate, Anny Road Boot Boy. Not having Roy mate (I actually like the fella) and as for Souness (never liked him), many were against the initial appointment. No issue about his playing abilities, but I reckon that was down to the muzzy and hair. Attackers stopped and stared. Hence he got the ball and became a great midfielder. Desperate Dan!

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2010, 05:16:09 am »
Not as much as I want you and other shitehawk uber Internet fans like you to fuck off.

Strong words sir. find it very difficult to support Roy like you do. Its not the tactical part that worries me. I totally understand his comments on wanting more time for the team to settle into an established formation. But the matter of concern here is he shows no balls to declare that Liverpool will play to win every match. words like 'If we give our 100% on the field' pisses me off when it should be 'when we give our 100% field'. He fails to instill any faith and confidence in the team which is clearly visible by the way they play on the field. Might not have seen Liverpool play for as much as you did old boy but I've seen enough to support them no matter what.

So you better stop being a tosser and get the fuck off my back. If you think the team is playing gr8 or at least showing character ont he field under this guy, ur fuckin blind. Real fan my arse. Dumb I say.
YNWA

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2010, 05:27:37 am »
Strong words sir. find it very difficult to support Roy like you do. Its not the tactical part that worries me. I totally understand his comments on wanting more time for the team to settle into an established formation. But the matter of concern here is he shows no balls to declare that Liverpool will play to win every match. words like 'If we give our 100% on the field' pisses me off when it should be 'when we give our 100% field'. He fails to instill any faith and confidence in the team which is clearly visible by the way they play on the field. Might not have seen Liverpool play for as much as you did old boy but I've seen enough to support them no matter what.

So you better stop being a tosser and get the fuck off my back. If you think the team is playing greeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat or at least showing character ont he field under this guy, ur fuckin blind. Real fan my arse. Dumb I say.

Tread carefully lad.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2010, 05:28:38 am »
Tread carefully lad.

Well the same applies to everyone, doesn't it?
YNWA

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2010, 05:28:49 am »
Come on folks... I think this is an important topic and one that I'm keen to hear people's views on, particularly those that feel those criticising Roy are being unfair. Don't want to see it degenerate into a flamewar :(

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2010, 05:30:05 am »
Come on folks... I think this is an important topic and one that I'm keen to hear people's views on, particularly those that feel those criticising Roy are being unfair. Don't want to see it degenerate into a flamewar :(

Does it ever do anything else?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2010, 05:35:45 am »
Up the creek with no canoe....so alone...queen and country safe and sound, with villains six feet underground.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2010, 05:36:11 am »

But sir, you're simply too late!

Business is..A-BOOMIN!

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:16 am »
Does it ever do anything else?

I'll tell you what....to get passionate about a team you needn't belong to the same city, do you? RAWK is one such site where a person like me can login and see what are the happenings in my favorite club as I don't have the previlage of living in Liverpool or at least visit it once in the near future. So when I see people retorting to offensive statements just because I do not share the same opinion as them, I have the full right to tell them to get the fuck out.
YNWA

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:39 am »
I'll tell you what....to get passionate about a team you needn't belong to the same city, do you? RAWK is one such site where a person like me can login and see what are the happenings in my favorite club as I don't have the previlage of living in Liverpool or at least visit it once in the near future. So when I see people retorting to offensive statements just because I do not share the same opinion as them, I have the full right to tell them to get the fuck out.

Actually you don't.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 05:41:25 am »
Actually you don't.

you have to highlight the full statement. lemme do the honors

So when I see people retorting to offensive statements just because I do not share the same opinion as them, I have the full right to tell them to get the fuck out.
YNWA

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:33 am »
people are just looking for any excuse to have a go at him.
shankly and busby were best mates, shankly called busby the best manager that ever lived.
when the liverpool chairman tom williams first approached the then huddersfield manager bill shankly about him taking over at anfield he said to shankly `how would you like to manage the best club in the country?` to which shankly replied `is matt leaving united?`
imagine roy would have said that.

because Busby was a good man with a lot of class. Ferguson is a classless man, a sore loser and a hypocrite. No Liverpool manager can be pally with him in public - that is the Liverpool way Rafa taught us.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2010, 06:02:06 am »

You do, but tread carefully all the same.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2010, 06:02:49 am »
because Busby was a good man with a lot of class. Ferguson is a classless man, a sore loser and a hypocrite. No Liverpool manager can be pally with him in public - that is the Liverpool way Rafa taught us.

The problem with the Mancs goes back many, many years before I would think you were born. Rafa didn't need to teach anyone anything with relation to the Mancs what we didn't already know about them.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:34 am »
you have to highlight the full statement. lemme do the honors

So when I see people retorting to offensive statements just because I do not share the same opinion as them, I have the full right to tell them to get the fuck out.

Listen son, stop it. And grow up.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:07 am »

Listen son, stop it. And grow up.

Alright, let's move on with the topic.
YNWA

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2010, 06:16:17 am »

So you better stop being a tosser and get the fuck off my back. If you think the team is playing greeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat or at least showing character ont he field under this guy, ur fuckin blind. Real fan my arse. Dumb I say.

You claim to be from India..what is with the "tosser" and "get the fuck off my back" crap? You're not even english. And stop starting fights with forum regulars. Act your age and stop trying to be someone you're not.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2010, 06:21:23 am »
You claim to be from India..what is with the "tosser" and "get the fuck off my back" crap? You're not even english. And stop starting fights with forum regulars. Act your age and stop trying to be someone you're not.

I am just putting it in a language he would understand not that I enjoy it. I felt his comments were uncalled for and I responded. I think you should stop stereotyping people now. Nobody likes to be offended. waht's it with the age thing? old means wise? lets stop this thing now once and for all.
YNWA

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:04 am »
lets stop this thing now once and for all.

You started it, you finish it.

royhendo

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2010, 07:20:36 am »
We're eating ourselves and asking for seconds. (And our backs aren't flexible enough to give ourselves some executive relief in the process.)

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2010, 07:24:20 am »
We're eating ourselves and asking for seconds. (And our backs aren't flexible enough to give ourselves some executive relief in the process.)

Send some emails, that'll solve it?

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:41 am »
What a moronic statement.
We are talking about grown man, not kids in the playground, or drunken hooligans.
On the pitch there has to be a certain rivalry, but off it there should be a collegial respect for each other.
And if one is "classless" as you call it, I have all the more respect for the other if he acts in a more normal way.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:43 am »
This is quite laughable from the bacon-faced one when you consider it's on the back of one of the worst displays of diving I've ever seen from that utter c*nt Nani.

I'm sure Ferguson was at Nani's hospital bed all night, just to make sure he's OK. Throwing yourself to the ground too many times can hurt you, or bring out the men in white suits.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2010, 07:34:54 am »
I should follow The Liverpool Way.

Mr. Hodgson is a very nice man.

But a complete football tosser, worse than Steve McClaren, worse than Graham Taylor.

There you go, I'm a complete Philistine, and the antithesis of The Liverpool Way.

Benitez is a God.

Totally agree.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2010, 07:42:32 am »
I am just putting it in a language he would understand not that I enjoy it. I felt his comments were uncalled for and I responded. I think you should stop stereotyping people now. Nobody likes to be offended. waht's it with the age thing? old means wise? lets stop this thing now once and for all.

Someone once said, the duck can only be cooked on a hot saturday afternoon. I tend to agree.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2010, 07:43:40 am »
- Praise Berbatov
- Fail to support our player (Torres)
- Accepting Fergusons comments of "cheating" after Nani's display at the other end

I really don't like it. Not saying I'm against Hodgson as manager but I'm not happy with that press confrence one bit.

Not too concerned with the praise for Berbatov. He scored a hattrick. No need to make a meal out of it, but a sentence of praise is OK.

Not impressed with the sir thing and naturally I don't like the attack on Torres. Nani was being a five year old all afternoon. Ferguson thought it could have been ten. No response from our side.

Roy should learn, but his start with the media hasn't been the best. He has a few more weeks of safety from them, but soon they'll be back to being the vultures they really are.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2010, 07:45:28 am »
He wants to be everybodys friend and also thinks he's still managing a midtable team in which a draw is a good result

These are the exact same words my mum said last night.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:49 am »
You're wrong.

Vultures are already out. It started after the West Brom game...continued into the Birmingham match and after yesterday's display...it will increase.

Pressure is ON now for Roy. Honeymoon ended three weeks ago.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2010, 07:48:50 am »
I totally feel sorry for Roy. He's taken on a pretty thankless task in managing a club where the expectation levels are astronomical, yet the resources that he has to play with are fairly thin. He's also been tasked with following in the footsteps of a manager that a lot of the fans didn't want to get rid of.

Roy's managing the club the way he always has. Dealing with the media the way he always has. The Fulham fans loved him for it.

A lot of our fans, however, don't rate him, haven't rated him from the start and are seemingly unwilling to give him a fair crack of the whip. I'm hard pushed to think of a manager that would have had some of our fans support (due to the nature of the previous incumbant's departure). In hindsight, Dalglish might have been the only logical choice.

Offline Jack Slater

• The hard hitting Detective with a drink problem and an eye for the ladies
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:31 am »
Come on folks... I think this is an important topic and one that I'm keen to hear people's views on, particularly those that feel those criticising Roy are being unfair.

See, that's where we disagree.

For me it is not about whether criticism of Hodgson is fair or unfair.

That is the question that the journalists on the TV or the newswpapers should ask themselves.  They're supposed to start off neutral, and then form opinions based on the evidence that they see.

But that is completely different to our job.  We're fans.  We owe our allegiance to LFC.  What is best for LFC is that all fans get unconditionally behind the manager who has had about 10 games so far.

So I dont agree with criticising him full stop.  But even if there is to be criticism at all (and I dont think there should be), then at least have it about his tactics, selection or substitutions.  Who gives a fuck what he says to the media.  It aint gonna be the same as what he says in the dressing room.

As for people telling the Liverpool manager to "fuck off", then it's appalling that such comments are even allowed on an LFC supporters website.  If these are comments which have been made by people who really do have an allegiance to LFC  (and I aint so sure about that), then they're a disgrace to the club.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2010, 07:51:54 am »
Ferguson is a classless man, a sore loser and a hypocrite. No Liverpool manager can be pally with him in public - that is the Liverpool way Rafa Dalglish taught us.
;)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:41 am »
people are just looking for any excuse to have a go at him.
shankly and busby were best mates, shankly called busby the best manager that ever lived.
when the liverpool chairman tom williams first approached the then huddersfield manager bill shankly about him taking over at anfield he said to shankly `how would you like to manage the best club in the country?` to which shankly replied `is matt leaving united?`

Sorry but you are looking at this the wrong way round, Mr. Shankly and Matt Busby were the best of friends, of that there can be no doubt but Matt Busby was not an arsehole.

I am a little bit worried with the way Roy talks to the press.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:07:37 am by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.