Author Topic: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?  (Read 34583 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 01:24:23 am »
Cant see a lot wrong with that article, sums up the way I have been feeling and the impression I get of Roy.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline kevinbrodie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 01:31:34 am »
I don't like it one bit. Would prefer a manager that stands up for us. Ferguson saying the lino got us back into this contest, torres was cheating, etc. someone should have a word with nani...hodgson's too nice, even the shaking hands made my skin crawl, 20 years they have been mates. I don't want any liverpool manger being mates with that f*cking twat.
Rafa is my Shankly

Offline HFD

• info.com
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Will we ever learn....
    • The Truth.
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 01:33:09 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1313519/Manchester-United-boss-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-accuses-Liverpool-star-Fernando-Torres-cheating.html

That's what his great mate had to say about Roy's team and one of his players today.

I'm all for being friendly and professional but Mr Alex Ferguson's the exception. I'd much rather see the Rafa-style approach of pointing out all the twattish behaviour that man seems to get away with.

Actually, I'd like to see it taken a step further and have LFC's manager going in to Old Trafford spraying mace and calling him a c*nt.
This is exactly what I was getting at when I posted this earlier...

What should interest you Roy, is defending our players in the face of criticisms / slurs from the bacon faced drunken tramp - Even if he is your mate.

Fucking grow some  :no

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 01:35:42 am »
This is a fucking irrelevance at the minute. Hicks getting full control of our club is THE matter for concern. Get on here - 2 minutes, 30 odd emails. It's the fucking least you can do.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262366.0
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 01:36:37 am »
We've had it far too good over the last 6 seasons with Rafa, that much is clear to us. What we've got now is almost the opposite. I wanted to fucking vomit watching him praising Berbatov to the high fucking heaven and not getting involved when some drunken scottish c*nt calls one of our players a cheat.

He needs to fucking sort out the way he speaks to the press because at the moment the impression of the club on the pitch he gives is, quite simply "we're fucking soft, come and have a go, you'll probably do us" and it's not fucking good enough. Either start backing your own players and your tactics or shut up Roy. You sound like a blouse at the moment and it's pathetic.

I'm all for giving him time, despite my own personal feelings towards his tactics and how he's treating some of our players, but if he doesn't change his tune soon, he's going to find it a very difficult and probably a very short lived appointment.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 01:38:08 am »
Posted this in the Man Utd thread in response to vitriol towards those that dared question the manager...

So how come Roy can get away with continually slagging off his team, saying how "hard" games like Brum and West Brom are, and how he'll be happy if we "contain" Man U? If he can't stand up for Liverpool, how are we meant to respect him?

Was a bit cautious posting this, because it's surely controversial, but the more I think about it, the more it riles me. Wonder if anyone could have a quick word with him :(

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:42 am »
He's a very nice man. But I'll leave it at that..

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 01:54:14 am »
I for one thinks it makes life harder when you call the world and his wife a twat and tell everyone to fuck off

Football is no different. Rafa's 'Facts' speech was all well and good and we all laughed, but we were top at the time and it brought uneccesary pressure and spotlight on us

I have no idea why saying West Brom were diificult to break down and we needed torres cant be said. It was the truth, people arent stupid and saying anything else makes you look a c*nt. Like Bacon face saying the best team lost when we beat them 1-4 at Old Trafford

I dunno but Id rather not have a c*nt for a manager if its all the same, which there is no outstanding proof that it isnt
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 02:03:58 am »
I should follow The Liverpool Way.

Mr. Hodgson is a very nice man.

But a complete football tosser, worse than Steve McClaren, worse than Graham Taylor.

There you go, I'm a complete Philistine, and the antithesis of The Liverpool Way.

Benitez is a God.

Here Fucking Here.

Im sick of the media love in. They turn everything into a posotive for Hodgson. Today they even blamed the first goal on Benitez.
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline disainit

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 02:10:57 am »
He is LMA manager of the year though...
Did you mean LMAO?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:00 am »
'The way Liverpool fans speak of their manager on the Internet after less than a dozen games, a matter of concern or just a fucking disgrace?'

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 02:24:57 am »
We've had it far too good over the last 6 seasons with Rafa, that much is clear to us. What we've got now is almost the opposite. I wanted to fucking vomit watching him praising Berbatov to the high fucking heaven and not getting involved when some drunken scottish c*nt calls one of our players a cheat.

He needs to fucking sort out the way he speaks to the press because at the moment the impression of the club on the pitch he gives is, quite simply "we're fucking soft, come and have a go, you'll probably do us" and it's not fucking good enough. Either start backing your own players and your tactics or shut up Roy. You sound like a blouse at the moment and it's pathetic.

I'm all for giving him time, despite my own personal feelings towards his tactics and how he's treating some of our players, but if he doesn't change his tune soon, he's going to find it a very difficult and probably a very short lived appointment.

Praising Berbatov was scandalous. Ferguson taken the Man Utd job wanting to knock us off our fucking perch our manager wants to play nice with his mate. This is Liverpool Man Utd not Fulham vs West Brom.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:23 am »
'The way Liverpool fans speak of their manager on the Internet after less than a dozen games, a matter of concern or just a fucking disgrace?'

Fuck off Hodgson!

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:53 am »
- Praise Berbatov
- Fail to support our player (Torres)
- Accepting Fergusons comments of "cheating" after Nani's display at the other end

I really don't like it. Not saying I'm against Hodgson as manager but I'm not happy with that press confrence one bit.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline josemisuncle

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:14 am »
What I know is that if a manager doesn't stand up and fight for his club then its a safe bet the fans won't stand up and fight for the manager.

It seems to me he's more worried about maintaining his personal reputation than defending the honour of the club.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:41 am »
Fuck off Hodgson!
I don't think he's going to. Maybe getting behind him could be the way forward.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Jack Slater

• The hard hitting Detective with a drink problem and an eye for the ladies
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:41 am »
Fuck off Hodgson!

I assume you got the title "Steve Bruce's Mum" coz of similar comments to that? 

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 02:49:22 am »
I don't think he's going to. Maybe getting behind him could be the way forward.

Like getting behind Souness that. Showed nothing to deserve backing. Fuck off now Roy while I still think your a nice fella.
Get Kenny in, get behind Kenny!

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:42 am »
I assume you got the title "Steve Bruce's Mum" coz of similar comments to that? 

Steve Bruces Ma doesn't sware.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:29 am »
Like getting behind Souness that. Showed nothing to deserve backing. Fuck off now Roy while I still think your a nice fella.
Get Kenny in, get behind Kenny!
So you never backed Souness, not even for longer than 12 games?

As for the Kenny bit, you're wasting the skin on the tips of your fingers typing that.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 03:04:03 am »

the latter

Offline althered68

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 03:06:24 am »

completely agree with the above

My Canada includes Liverpool!!!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 03:09:08 am »

Youre forgetting Moronic

Everything is going to shit, this includes who I thought we were as Liverpool fans. There are a hell of a lot of fucking idiots that follow us

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 03:20:19 am »
So you never backed Souness, not even for longer than 12 games?

As for the Kenny bit, you're wasting the skin on the tips of your fingers typing that.

No, he's a bad scottish tory wool with big hair and a muzzy.

Offline Pnigro

• Kemlynite
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:25 am »
Rafa's press conferences and interviews were a complete joke.

He always said "we were working very hard" and "we have to focus on the next game".

Roy's conferences aren't good either, but Rafa's were worse.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 03:28:25 am »

He always said "we were working very hard" and "we have to focus on the next game".

Rafa was at a disadvantage! English isn't his first language and the press had it in for him. Hodgsons got no excuses.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 03:28:28 am »

Rafas interviews were the equivelent of getting blood from a stone. The man knew how to say nothing while making sounds with his mouth

give me that over Redknapps recent 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAUGHT A LESSON, WE WERENT TAUGHT A LESSON' Fucking keegan moment waiting to happen that bloke

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2010, 03:31:59 am »
He's a great media man, don't you know? One of the reasons why he was appointed.

What I know is that if a manager doesn't stand up and fight for his club then its a safe bet the fans won't stand up and fight for the manager.

This.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:29 am »
Its not about backing him or not backing him for me, its been a rough start and we have done better than I feared we would if I am honest, given the situation and the fixtures. Its not even about comparing to Rafa, thats irrelevant, its the job, its the Liverpool managers job, he will be and is being backed, but respect needs to be earned, and easiest the way he can do it right now is by acting like a Liverpool manager. He is talking and sounding like a Fulham, a Villa or any other nearly mid table scrapper club manager, not a Liverpool manager. I dont care about whats going on up stairs the managers attitude should be we are Liverpool and I dont care who you are we are going to fucking do you! At the moment its difficult to justify and back up that attitude, but the weight of history is there, thats who we are and thats what he should be doing. Even Moyes gets it for christs sake with that shower of no winning shite over the road. He's got to walk the fucking walk and talk the fucking talk in this job and he isnt doing it.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 03:33:23 am »
No, he's a bad scottish tory wool with big hair and a muzzy.
He was all them things as a player, did you despise him then.

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:31 am »
Roy just doesn't get it. This is the biggest job of his life and the club with the highest standards that he'll ever manage, and he just doesn't get it. The media cites his time at Inter, but Inter were shite before and during his time there.

Don't make excuses Roy, just tell the team how you want them to play and accept whatever comes of it. And show some backbone instead of bending over for Ferguson and the rest of the PL.
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 03:56:24 am »

At least Rafa wasn't asked why have you lost very often.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 03:56:28 am »
He was all them things as a player, did you despise him then.

Nobody ever really liked him. He was a great player, but as a manager I honestly thought what the fuck at the time and wanted him out from day 1. 

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 03:57:08 am »
Same go's for Roy.

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 04:12:39 am »
I don't dislike Hodgson in the slightest, and obviously I hope he can achieve as much success as possible with us, but I'm not a fan of the way he approaches the press conferences.

He constantly seems to be weaving a safety net with which he can fall into if he fails to meet the expectations put upon him. Look at Birmingham's home record; this match against united is too early to determine anything; West Brom at home is a difficult match..... I think this quote at the start of his time with us sums it up: "I couldn't have envisaged at the start of my time with Liverpool a more difficult situation than the one I find myself in - coming to Skopje to play a third qualifying round game against a good opponent having really had very little time to work with the Liverpool first team....So, it couldn't be more difficult."

I'm sick of him creating a buffer with which he can protect himself from the realities of what is happening on the pitch. I for one can't imagine Shankly devising such a list of  excuses. I'm all for him coming out and criticising the owners, and no doubt our current situation makes his job a difficult one, but I don't enjoy the way he is making excuses every time we play a match.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:49 am »
In many walks of life, in many professions, there is something unquantifiable, something you just cant put your finger on, the mythical 'it'! You know what it is, you know it when you see it and feel it, you know when someone has it. We hear it and say it about players 'not a Liverpool player, not for me' and opinions do vary its true and not everyone is right. This might I think, be a case of that though, I think for many, really Roy isnt a Liverpool manager, cant say what it is he doesnt have, but just know he doesnt have it or in the very least hasnt yet shown that he has it. I hope he does, because we need him to do it and be it.

It was a very difficult start to the season, so I will look to see what happens in the next few games and the derby, he has sort of faultered at the first hurdle, well the second big jump is coming, he has got to get it right here. Have to say though, I honestly found it weird seeing him sitting in the shed watching them on saturday, it just seemed wrong.

In some ways it reminds me of the last Roy we had in charge, in the end he didnt quite have it, nice bloke and all that, had everything else, but not that something.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:45 am »
Houllier: Sure we lost 3-0, but we were the better team of course. Didn't you see our 40% possession and 2 shots on goal!
Rafa: We lost 3-0, but we looked threatening, and I felt we held it together fairly well. Obviously room for improvement, but I'm proud of the team.
Shankly: This is mere setback but we will rise again because we are Liverpool!
Ferguson: Yep we won 3-0, but Liverpool are a pack of cheaters and we would have scored 3 more if the ref was on our side.
Hodgson: Yep we lost 3-0, just like I thought we would because my squad of international captains and world cup finalists is barely premier league standard. You do realise that my only goal is to avoid relegation, although this will be very difficult and I'm not confident we can achieve this.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2010, 04:24:31 am »
In many walks of life, in many professions, there is something unquantifiable, something you just cant put your finger on, the mythical 'it'! You know what it is, you know it when you see it and feel it..

Have you been reading CS Lewis? Its called God.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:37 am »
Have you been reading CS Lewis? Its called God.
I dont see why you have to bring Fowler into this.

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:35 am »
I dont see why you have to bring Fowler into this.

Nice retort.