Author Topic: Expectations For 2015/16 Season (Brenties Crystal-Ball Thread Mk. II)  (Read 168058 times)

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
1. Arsenal (Sanchez league's top scorer)
2. Chelsea (Win domestic double)
3. United
4. Tottenham (Kane has another excellent year, and shortly leaves for Utd at record fee for English player)
5. Man City (Make it to champions league final, and lose - having finally been given a piss easy opening group)
6. Liverpool (Somehow fluke the Europa League)

Going down: Bournemouth (lowest ever points tally), Norwich, Sunderland

I had a vision.

To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Weby72.

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You need to get laid.

The only realistic option is my missus and, when I look at her, I resolve to stick with my undercurrent of angry exasperation.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
The only realistic option is my missus and, when I look at her, I resolve to stick with my undercurrent of angry exasperation.
;D

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
I think we'll finish 5th and roughly 7-9 points off of 4th.

However what will keep Brendan in the job for 16/17 is us beating Chelsea (after they do the double over us in the league) in the FA Cup final with two goals in injury time to win 3-2.

We'll go out in the quarter finals in the europa and won't do much in the league cup.

Arsenal will win the league, Chelsea will finish 2nd, Man Utd 3rd and City 4th.  Watford, Villa and Leicester will be relegated.

The surprise package of the season will be West Ham and the surprise strugglers will be Stoke.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
If get the absolute best out of all of our players throughout the bulk of the upcoming campaign, we can finish 4th. I don't think we've seen either Markovic or Lallana anywhere near their best form yet, so if these two start performing and providing the requisite quality out wide, Sturridge stays injury free, Origi covers the role of the mobile striker we all crave and a couple of new signings shore up our midfield, I wouldn't bet against us finishing in the CL. Henderson & Coutinho will be 1 year older and more experienced whilst Milner will reinforce the mentality. There'll be big problems if Rodgers starts slowly and the negativity might drive him out of the club, but personally I think that our squad is quite capable of high quality football.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
In terms of the league, I'm expecting similiar to last year. 5th/6th place.

Would be nice to see us mount a challenge for the Europa League, to be honest.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sixth place, no trophies, Europa league quarters and a new manager before January.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Way too early to even take a wild guess.

If we learn from our mistakes we'll be better. If we don't learn from our mistakes we'll be worse.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
When do we get the 100 million from tv money?
Seen us win everything

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
A season of two halves:
Being stuck in mid-table and out the Europa by Christmas will bring the inevitable closure on Brendan Rodgers tenure as LFC manager.
Jurgen Klopp will then end his football sabbatical to take over the reins, things improve and we finish 6th, hoping for better next year.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
If the summer transfers are as predicted (i.e. we bring in Benteke, Clyne and Ings as well as Milner), this is going to be a disaster of a season, up there with the misery we endured under Hodgson.

It will quickly become apparent that Benteke is a vastly more expensive Rickie Lambert, whose lack of pace and mobility will prevent us from playing the way we have been when at our best under Rodgers. As a consequence, there will be more chopping and changing of formations and selections as Rodgers struggles to come up with a solution to what will continue to be a chronic lack of goals. Danny Ings will be woefully short of the required quality and will prove to be more mediocrity bought to pad out the squad. Origi's confidence, already fragile after a rough season at Lille, will never recover from the barracking he gets from the Anfield crowd after missing a couple of chances against some mid-table fodder in a game we subsequently draw or lose. Sturridge will continue to suffer injury problems and will be in and out of the team. Milner's "commitment" and "effort" will be lost in a team which frequently find itself looking bereft of confidence or inspiration, and there will be a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch.

Rodgers, already undermined by the enforced sacking of his coaching staff in the summer and with an increasing amount of the fanbase against him, will be a dead man walking by Hallowe'en after a series of draws and defeats to mid-table teams and relegation candidates, and one or two heavy beatings by the top sides. He will eventually be sacked when we are languishing just above the relegation zone as Christmas approaches. A new manager, whose name is not Juergen Klopp, will go "back to basics" and bring in a more direct style, built around Benteke's strengths, to guide us to a mid-table finish and another summer of recriminations and doubt.
DAMMIT!

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Markovic will have a breakout season, scoring 20+ goals.

This sounds good.

Moreno to learn how to defend better would be nice.

Top 4 seems like a tough prospect. Chelsea and Man City usually nailed on, Arsenal never miss it and United should be stronger. Mind you, for me jury is still out on Van Gaal, obviously he has a great record but we were shite this season gone and we still got close to them until we played them.

I'd just like for all the players we bought last summer to make a bigger contribution. Markovic, Moreno and especially Lallana all could do a lot better but are obviously quality players in there somewhere. Not sure if that is true of Lovren. Ballotelli, well what can you say about him? Weird one.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If the summer transfers are as predicted (i.e. we bring in Benteke, Clyne and Ings as well as Milner), this is going to be a disaster of a season, up there with the misery we endured under Hodgson.

It will quickly become apparent that Benteke is a vastly more expensive Rickie Lambert, whose lack of pace and mobility will prevent us from playing the way we have been when at our best under Rodgers. As a consequence, there will be more chopping and changing of formations and selections as Rodgers struggles to come up with a solution to what will continue to be a chronic lack of goals. Danny Ings will be woefully short of the required quality and will prove to be more mediocrity bought to pad out the squad. Origi's confidence, already fragile after a rough season at Lille, will never recover from the barracking he gets from the Anfield crowd after missing a couple of chances against some mid-table fodder in a game we subsequently draw or lose. Sturridge will continue to suffer injury problems and will be in and out of the team. Milner's "commitment" and "effort" will be lost in a team which frequently find itself looking bereft of confidence or inspiration, and there will be a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch.

Rodgers, already undermined by the enforced sacking of his coaching staff in the summer and with an increasing amount of the fanbase against him, will be a dead man walking by Hallowe'en after a series of draws and defeats to mid-table teams and relegation candidates, and one or two heavy beatings by the top sides. He will eventually be sacked when we are languishing just above the relegation zone as Christmas approaches. A new manager, whose name is not Juergen Klopp, will go "back to basics" and bring in a more direct style, built around Benteke's strengths, to guide us to a mid-table finish and another summer of recriminations and doubt.

Then the Tories nuke Liverpool and half the North (Salford is protected by an impenetrable bubble made from Louis Van Gaal's skin and BBC licence money) before declaring all clubs south of Birmingham must be closed.

Bit apocalyptic your post there Jack. I thought you were supposed to save the world not shit on dreams of a bright future for humanity ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think I'll wait until later on in the summer before forming any clear expectations for next season.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Sometimes we will be playing in red.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I hope for at least half our games ;D

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
With Swansea, Stoke and co improving, I think we have a struggle to make top 6. With the negativity around the club, I can't see us even finishing top 6. Feel as though we are the new Villa, big club gone stale.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
With Swansea, Stoke and co improving, I think we have a struggle to make top 6. With the negativity around the club, I can't see us even finishing top 6. Feel as though we are the new Villa, big club gone stale.

Are you not part of that negativity?
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Are you not part of that negativity?

Yes I am, but the players, managers and the club administration need to do something to produce on the field, to keep some positivity. Only a mad man would be happy after the season we have had.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Would you take 84 points?

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan

29 times in the league to be more precise.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
..Nothingness... non-existence... black emptiness...

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
..Nothingness... non-existence... black emptiness...

I'm the opposite. A brilliant white light, more dazzling than the brightest star...like staring into the sun for too long...oh, wait, that's just Brendan's teeth  ;D

I've still not had any premonitions about next season to be honest. Feels like too early to call before we know the signings, and any injuries (imagine if Coutinho got injured at the Copa and Sterling went to United, that would start the season on a shitter!) but as ever, I'll be hoping for the best, but trying to stay realistic.

With Swansea, Stoke and co improving, I think we have a struggle to make top 6.

Unlike this, fucking hell, that's a bit strong.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Not confident of achieving a huge amount unfortunately. But then again, I was confident at the start of last season and I wasn't confident before 13/14 so what do I know?  :P

The Europa League and I'd be absolutely over the moon, irrelevant of league position.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Too many variables to judge at this stage
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Expectations - to win the league. If you go into a campaign thinking you aren't going to win it then you're fucked from the start. Same with the cups. Bollocks to the defeatist attitude, play to win, not to have a good try and get a pat on the fucking head for your efforts. First is first, second is nowhere.

Reality - hard to say at this stage, as it's before the fixtures have been sorted and the majority of transfer business has been done. I will say this though: if we're sitting on less than 20 points after the first 12-14 games then I reckon Brendan will be gone and sharpish. Anything happening beyond that would be mindless speculation.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
6th. 

5th if we have a good season. 

Possibly a good cup run if we have Coutinho firing at the right time.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite

Going down: Bournemouth (lowest ever points tally)

I think Watford are more probable to break that record.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
League Title & Cup Treble. Nothing more.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Why dont we aim to win the league then we will finish in the top 4... if we aim to finish in the top 4 we will finish 6th

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
Sixth place, no trophies, Europa league quarters and a new manager before January.
Sounds realistic.

I truly do not think we have a bad team, but we are not getting the best out of our players. Balotelli, for instance, is someone I would give another year to. He's talented, young and with a point to prove. Lallana is a very good player at the Premier level, Henderson and Milner are as solid as you can get, and Ibe and Markovic will only get better.

It's all about how we play, how Brendan sets up the team. If we can harness all the talent we have at our disposal, we can and should make top 4. Maybe I'm keeping up hope with what we have because I can't seem to think of any exciting players coming to us this summer. I have a feeling that our current team (with Milner, Ings and a couple of other fillers) will have to do.

It might be because, 13/14 aside, Brendan never looked assured of what to do, but I do think that the above scenario (6h in the league and disappointing in Europe) is the more realistic one. It really doesn't have to be though, and we are not that bad.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds realistic.

I truly do not think we have a bad team, but we are not getting the best out of our players. Balotelli, for instance, is someone I would give another year to. He's talented, young and with a point to prove. Lallana is a very good player at the Premier level, Henderson and Milner are as solid as you can get, and Ibe and Markovic will only get better.

It's all about how we play, how Brendan sets up the team. If we can harness all the talent we have at our disposal, we can and should make top 4. Maybe I'm keeping up hope with what we have because I can't seem to think of any exciting players coming to us this summer. I have a feeling that our current team (with Milner, Ings and a couple of other fillers) will have to do.

It might be because, 13/14 aside, Brendan never looked assured of what to do, but I do think that the above scenario (6h in the league and disappointing in Europe) is the more realistic one. It really doesn't have to be though, and we are not that bad.

how can you just put 14/15 to the side in a 3 season spell in charge of a club?

if we forget coming second, then Rodgers is shit. If we forget all the trophies Paisly won he wasn't up to much either. And if you leave all the goals out of it, then what did Lineker really offer.

Your being stupid.

13 unbeaten this season, with abject failure to ever get a recognised CF on the football pitch playing well. Doesn't matter whose fault it was that the striker wasn't available, 13 unbeaten. And Rodgers has shown on more than one occasion now that especially in the second half of the season he can put together runs like that, and runs like that make you challenge for the title.

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
I think Watford are more probable to break that record.

And 4 of their points will be against us
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Minimum should be 4th, and Rodgers will be gone of we miss it and deservedly so.

What I think will actually happen is (judging on squad as it is now):

6th 3-6 points behind Spurs with Southampton breathing down our necks.

Semi finals of league cup, knocked out early doors in FA Cup.

Scrape through Europa playing dreadful football, knocked out by first decent opposition we meet.

Barca come knocking for Coutinho as soon as the summer window opens and get him. He is replaced by Delph.

Chelsea win the league oushed very closely by Man Utd, Arsenal are 3rd and City scrape 4th.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
how can you just put 14/15 to the side in a 3 season spell in charge of a club?

if we forget coming second, then Rodgers is shit. If we forget all the trophies Paisly won he wasn't up to much either. And if you leave all the goals out of it, then what did Lineker really offer.

Your being stupid.

13 unbeaten this season, with abject failure to ever get a recognised CF on the football pitch playing well. Doesn't matter whose fault it was that the striker wasn't available, 13 unbeaten. And Rodgers has shown on more than one occasion now that especially in the second half of the season he can put together runs like that, and runs like that make you challenge for the title.

He's had three seasons with us, each vastly different from the other. Two were horrific, one was amazing leaguewise but still trophyless.

I am not being stupid. I am basing my opinion on what he has shown so far. Though he's proved he can make a team work and play entertaining football, he also proved to be very inconsistent from season to season. It's hardly a track record to fill one with confidence. He might achieve incredible highs or fall short of the bare minimum. So far the latter has been the more prevalent in three years.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
I expect us to:

Win some games/lose some games/draw some games
Score some goals/concede some goals
Get some bookings and maybe some sendings off
Some players will get injured/suspended
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Too hard to predict because i expect a managerial change before the January window....it will probably be Klopp after his sabatical....think he needed the rest 1st.
think we will be around 5th /6th when rodgers is let go but we wont get top 4 when Klopp comes in.
His methods will require drastic changes to how our players get fit and maintain fitness in preparation for the pressing game we will be taking on board.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
Same as last season but only a 7th place. No cup, nothing special in Europe. Next season is gonna suck I'm afraid.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact

I doubt BR would be sacked for being 6th by xmas.

Other than that my expectations are about the same.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I doubt BR would be sacked for being 6th by xmas.
Other than that my expectations are about the same.

I actually hope that no matter what we do - we give him the whole season. Wherever we may find ourselves in December - he should get the season. To hell with midseason chopping - it's no good. But I'm afraid that he's on such a tight leash right now, from supporters and media mostly, since we can only speculate about owners, that a poor start to our PL campaign, coupled with a less then impressive Europa group stage campaign and it'll be 'Day after Stoke II' with a vengeance. For more reasons we need to hit the ground running in August, then build on it as new players find their feet and as Sturridge returns.