Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850620 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12280 on: May 27, 2020, 10:00:53 am »
Playing another team could  be very risky, you could lose. Not sure we should play again unless we remove the possibility of defeat in matches.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12281 on: May 27, 2020, 10:03:15 am »
The clubs have already been told that the season is going to finish one way or another, either on the pitch or on PPG, so they're whining over nothing.

They're just trying to be as big a pain in the ass as possible.

"We won't get our way? Fine. But we'll obstruct things to the utmost of our abilities"
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12282 on: May 27, 2020, 10:07:47 am »

"We won't get our way? Fine. But we'll obstruct things to the utmost of our abilities"

Yep, it's so annoying when you see Bundesliga into there 3rd matches after the restart, were most clubs if not all clubs in the Bundesliga wanted to restart that league, it's no coincidence the most vocal clubs here are in & around the relegation zone.
#Sausages

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12283 on: May 27, 2020, 10:15:51 am »
Going for a 19th June restart myself. Enough time to get up to a decent level of fitness (although not match fitness) and enough time to complete by August if all goes smoothly.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12284 on: May 27, 2020, 10:21:45 am »

Some clubs have been utterly shameful with their antics.

It's amazing that there are idiots out there who suggest any Liverpool title win comes with an asterisk as a negative, yet most of the bottom clubs have hijacked a global tragedy for their own ends.

Those clubs' antics should never be forgotten and, in the minds of all football fans, they should have an asterisk of shame attached to their names for many years to come.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12285 on: May 27, 2020, 10:23:20 am »
The clubs have already been told that the season is going to finish one way or another, either on the pitch or on PPG, so they're whining over nothing.

I think some of these clubs are willing to take their chances in court though if the season is curtailed. It’s their get out of jail card which can’t be played after a completed season.
I know it doesn’t affect us one way or another but I find it frustrating that the tail is wagging the dog.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12286 on: May 27, 2020, 10:45:40 am »
I think some of these clubs are willing to take their chances in court though if the season is curtailed. It’s their get out of jail card which can’t be played after a completed season.
I know it doesn’t affect us one way or another but I find it frustrating that the tail is wagging the dog.

Its also the clubs in PL who actually matter the least, especially to the TV audiences. To rob the milk advert, West Ham/Brighton/Norwich/Aston Villa/Watford? who are they?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12287 on: May 27, 2020, 10:46:59 am »
Going for a 19th June restart myself. Enough time to get up to a decent level of fitness (although not match fitness) and enough time to complete by August if all goes smoothly.

Yep same here.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12288 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:03 am »
Might have to find a German team to follow seems as nobody is keen on playing here  ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12289 on: May 27, 2020, 11:02:41 am »
https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/27/football/1590566158_238426.html

Seems Real are banking on a return to normal with crowds, lockdown doesn’t seem to have held back reconstruction.

In other news, work on replacing the cones blown over in the recent winds at Bramley Moor Stadium has been completed.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12290 on: May 27, 2020, 11:15:47 am »
https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/27/football/1590566158_238426.html

Seems Real are banking on a return to normal with crowds, lockdown doesn’t seem to have held back reconstruction.

In other news, work on replacing the cones blown over in the recent winds at Bramley Moor Stadium has been completed.

I drove past BMD the other week, are they being all considerate and projecting a real life, pre recorded scene onto screens surrounding the dock, to hide all the site cabins and cranes from view?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12291 on: May 27, 2020, 12:06:39 pm »
It is going to be weird the trophy lift, will they get everyone in the photo?  ;D

A socially distanced trophy presentation photo, it'd have to be taken from the top of the Main Stand. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12292 on: May 27, 2020, 12:15:50 pm »
A socially distanced trophy presentation photo, it'd have to be taken from the top of the Main Stand. ;D

I actually meant the players, though I'm guessing if they can play together they can at least have a photograph together?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12293 on: May 27, 2020, 12:17:42 pm »
I actually meant the players, though I'm guessing if they can play together they can at least have a photograph together?  ;D
Only if they wear No 19 masks
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12294 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:28 pm »
Only if they wear No 19 masks

Individual photos with the trophy it is then.  :(

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12295 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:33 pm »

The courts are only going to award damages though, and that’s if they win. They’ll still be getting relegated as a court of law has no business overturning a sporting decision

If they want to stay in the Pl, the best chance of doing so is playing the matches.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12296 on: May 27, 2020, 12:24:54 pm »
Premier League statement: Contact training to resume

The Premier League released the following statement on Wednesday.

Premier League Shareholders today voted unanimously to resume contact training - marking another step towards restarting the Premier League season, when safe to do so.

Squads are now able to train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising any unnecessary close contact.

The Premier League’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all participants. Strict medical protocols are in place to ensure the training ground is the safest environment possible and players and staff will continue to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week.

Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol has been agreed following consultation with clubs, players, managers, the PFA, LMA and the Government. Discussions are ongoing as work continues towards resuming the season, when conditions allow.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/396969-premier-league-statement-contact-training-to-resume?fbclid=IwAR2aDCscdnPRynnZl5RzI2egF825I16qLiatRFV17w6PZgOzSmaswgT-dH4

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12297 on: May 27, 2020, 12:27:46 pm »
Premier League statement: Contact training to resume

The Premier League released the following statement on Wednesday.

Premier League Shareholders today voted unanimously to resume contact training - marking another step towards restarting the Premier League season, when safe to do so.

Squads are now able to train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising any unnecessary close contact.

The Premier League’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all participants. Strict medical protocols are in place to ensure the training ground is the safest environment possible and players and staff will continue to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week.

Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol has been agreed following consultation with clubs, players, managers, the PFA, LMA and the Government. Discussions are ongoing as work continues towards resuming the season, when conditions allow.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/396969-premier-league-statement-contact-training-to-resume?fbclid=IwAR2aDCscdnPRynnZl5RzI2egF825I16qLiatRFV17w6PZgOzSmaswgT-dH4

Shameful. All just so Liverpool can win the league. The PL have wanted this for 30 years.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12298 on: May 27, 2020, 12:33:18 pm »
Hasn't UEFA asked us to reduce the Premier League to 18 clubs in the past? Maybe the bigger clubs should start talking loudly about that option.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12299 on: May 27, 2020, 12:34:19 pm »
Hasn't UEFA asked us to reduce the Premier League to 18 clubs in the past? Maybe the bigger clubs should start talking loudly about that option.

What the big clubs should be doing is threatening their own TV deal next time. They'd be absolutely fucked. Would end up with a disparity like in Spain, but it's about time the big clubs showed them who's fucking boss.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12300 on: May 27, 2020, 12:34:55 pm »
So is there an official start day for the contact training or literally from now?

Bet Jurgen is gagging to hug them all! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12301 on: May 27, 2020, 12:36:07 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12302 on: May 27, 2020, 12:36:21 pm »
Not sure how the vote got through, I'm sure Rose & Deeney would've used their veto.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12303 on: May 27, 2020, 12:37:39 pm »

Not long now...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12304 on: May 27, 2020, 12:38:47 pm »

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12305 on: May 27, 2020, 12:41:23 pm »
Not sure how the vote got through, I'm sure Rose & Deeney would've used their veto.

Rose doesn’t have a fucking veto.

There’s about 5-10 players out of 5-6 hundred that have expressed concerns about the season restarting, so they’re massively outnumbered, according to the Time article yesterday the majority of them have had their concerns addressed.

I’ve said this for a while now - every time they invest time and effort into devising these plans which are put to the players and clubs, it costs money - you’re paying for experts’ time to come up with them and for countless other individuals who will be involved in the facilitative process - they’re not doing that if they have any grave concerns that the likes of Rose and Deeney are going to ‘veto’ it. It would be utter madness if that could be possible.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12306 on: May 27, 2020, 12:41:28 pm »
So is there an official start day for the contact training or literally from now?

Bet Jurgen is gagging to hug them all! ;D

I think it's from tomorrow, some would have already had their training session today

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #12307 on: May 27, 2020, 12:41:48 pm »
Perfectly possible and Bournemouth is using that card today.

Why is it that the bottom 6 persistently get virus infection?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12308 on: May 27, 2020, 12:42:57 pm »

Not long now...

Simone Zaza's coming back to the PL?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12309 on: May 27, 2020, 12:44:07 pm »
Simone Zaza's coming back to the PL?

:wellin

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12310 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:18 pm »
What the big clubs should be doing is threatening their own TV deal next time. They'd be absolutely fucked. Would end up with a disparity like in Spain, but it's about time the big clubs showed them who's fucking boss.

Especially if we went out own way for the overseas TV deals, most of those in other countries want to watch us or United, maybe Arsenal or Chelsea. likes of West Han would be fucked even more.

I remember FSG suggesting premier league clubs should negotiate their own foreign TV deals just after they brought us, cue that gobshite Whelan[he broke his leg in a cup final dont you know] being wheeled out calling it a disgrace as he knew no one wants to watch Wigan
#Sausages

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12311 on: May 27, 2020, 12:49:12 pm »

One senior executive warned last night that there could yet be issues with the third stage of Project Restart, which is the return to playing matches, expected to be on June 19 or 26. The executive said that playing another team “changes the risk profile massively”.

This isn't getting enough love. It's brilliant!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12312 on: May 27, 2020, 12:53:13 pm »

One senior executive warned last night that there could yet be issues with the third stage of Project Restart, which is the return to playing matches, expected to be on June 19 or 26. The executive said that playing another team “changes the risk profile massively”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-players-drop-concerns-over-full-training-whdj37btc

Well they probably spent the whole lockdown playing with themselves. Takes a while to get used to not doing that

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12313 on: May 27, 2020, 01:11:48 pm »

Will be interesting to see if anything comes out about if any clubs broke any rules during the first phase. A few weeks ago videos surfaced of Austrian league leaders LASK engaged in a full training session, rather than a distanced one in smaller groups. LASK later admitted to holding four such sessions. Interestingly, the club did it because the players felt safe after repeated negative tests and asked for tougher sessions.

LASK are expected to be fined or have points deducted

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12314 on: May 27, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
Why the fuck are other fans blaming us when 20 premier league CEO's voted unanimously to restart full contact? Should these lads who are fans of other clubs be blaming their own club?  ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12315 on: May 27, 2020, 01:31:57 pm »
Fixtures could be announced tomorrow then?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12316 on: May 27, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »
Why the fuck are other fans blaming us when 20 premier league CEO's voted unanimously to restart full contact? Should these lads who are fans of other clubs be blaming their own club?  ;D

Because there idiots who don't understand how things work ???
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12317 on: May 27, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »
Fixtures could be announced tomorrow then?

Sounds like it yeah

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12318 on: May 27, 2020, 01:52:56 pm »

Seriously why are we even caring about this? People will be arses, the only thing that matters is getting this thing back on the road and informing those who are interested in listening. Anyone else is not worth worrying about.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12319 on: May 27, 2020, 01:56:12 pm »
Oh i agree, just find it funny. Everton fans blame Bill or whichever mug represents you in the CEO's PL meetings, same for United fans go blame Woody Woodpecker you fuckers.  ;D