Author Topic: The Alternative Premier League Table 2018-19  (Read 240291 times)

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Alternative Premier League Table 2018-19
« Reply #600 on: December 4, 2018, 10:26:39 pm »
Can anyone see City dropping any more points? And if so how and where?

Their next 2 fixtures look a little tricky given Chelsea is never an easy ground to go to and Everton have a good record at City.

Outside of that City dropped most of their points in January / early Feb last season. 

Hoping for City to drop a few points isn't going to get it done though, we need an extended loss of form, injury crisis or something that will diminish their chance creation relative to ours.   

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #601 on: December 4, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »
Or you could keep tracking them yourself and post the graph where their line just disappears, bobs back up for a week or 2 before sinking again?

Anything's good for a laugh really! :)
Yeah I quite like that.  Would look good split over two posts I reckon:

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: December 4, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #603 on: December 4, 2018, 11:36:18 pm »
City are on pace to get more points than last season. Horrific

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #604 on: December 4, 2018, 11:52:50 pm »
City are on pace to get more points than last season. Horrific
So are we mate. So are we- and that that's beautiful in our case.
Won't end like that, but we're both on course to get more points than last season's City.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 02:27:46 am by scalatore »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #606 on: December 5, 2018, 12:16:49 pm »
So this might not make any sense, but on my long car journey back from work yesterday I began thinking about how our results compare to our rivals when only considering games that both ourselves and them have played. I thought by doing this it would give a decent picture in my head as to how our season has gone in direct comparison to theirs and is similar approach to studying horse racing i.e. "franking the form".

So here are my findings:

Man City

Man City have dropped points in two matches, once against ourselves and once against Wolves but as we have not played Wolves this has no impact on us. Out of the three matches we have dropped points in, Man City have bettered our result once (Arsenal away) but have not played either of the other two fixtures.

Chelsea

Chelsea have dropped points in five matches, of which we have bettered their result twice (Tottenham away and Everton home). One of the others was against us, whilst we have not played West Ham away or Man United at home. Chelsea have not played Arsenal away or Man City at home so there is no comparison to the games we have dropped points in.

Arsenal

Arsenal have also dropped points in five matches. Of these five, we have bettered their result three times (Man City home, Chelsea away, Palace away), with one of the others coming against us and the other one being Wolves at home, which is a fixture we haven't played. Out of the three matches we have dropped points in, they have done worse on two occasions and the third was against them.

Tottenham

Tottenham have dropped points in four matches, with one of those being against us. Of the other three, we have bettered their result on each occasion (Arsenal away, Man City home, Watford away). They have therefore done worse than us in two of the games we have dropped points in and they haven't played Chelsea away.

Man United

Not that it matters, but our fixtures compared to Man United's have been very different. They have dropped points in eight matches, but we have only played one of those fixtures and dropped the same number of points in it (Chelsea away). They haven't played Arsenal away or Man City at home.

Everton

Just for laughs - they have dropped points in seven matches plus the defeat to ourselves. Of these seven, we have bettered there result twice (West Ham home, Arsenal away), equalled it once (Chelsea away) and have not played the remaining four. Of the games we have dropped points in, they did worse against Arsenal but are yet to play Tottenham or Man City.

The findings

Taking into account only the fixtures that have also been played by the other clubs, the standings are:

Man City +2
Liverpool
Man United 0
Everton -4
Chelsea -5
Tottenham -5
Arsenal -5
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: December 5, 2018, 12:33:21 pm »
So this might not make any sense, but on my long car journey back from work yesterday I began thinking about how our results compare to our rivals when only considering games that both ourselves and them have played. I thought by doing this it would give a decent picture in my head as to how our season has gone in direct comparison to theirs and is similar approach to studying horse racing i.e. "franking the form".

So here are my findings:

Man City

Man City have dropped points in two matches, once against ourselves and once against Wolves but as we have not played Wolves this has no impact on us. Out of the three matches we have dropped points in, Man City have bettered our result once (Arsenal away) but have not played either of the other two fixtures.

Chelsea

Chelsea have dropped points in five matches, of which we have bettered their result twice (Tottenham away and Everton home). One of the others was against us, whilst we have not played West Ham away or Man United at home. Chelsea have not played Arsenal away or Man City at home so there is no comparison to the games we have dropped points in.

Arsenal

Arsenal have also dropped points in five matches. Of these five, we have bettered their result three times (Man City home, Chelsea away, Palace away), with one of the others coming against us and the other one being Wolves at home, which is a fixture we haven't played. Out of the three matches we have dropped points in, they have done worse on two occasions and the third was against them.

Tottenham

Tottenham have dropped points in four matches, with one of those being against us. Of the other three, we have bettered their result on each occasion (Arsenal away, Man City home, Watford away). They have therefore done worse than us in two of the games we have dropped points in and they haven't played Chelsea away.

Man United

Not that it matters, but our fixtures compared to Man United's have been very different. They have dropped points in eight matches, but we have only played one of those fixtures and dropped the same number of points in it (Chelsea away). They haven't played Arsenal away or Man City at home.

Everton

Just for laughs - they have dropped points in seven matches plus the defeat to ourselves. Of these seven, we have bettered there result twice (West Ham home, Arsenal away), equalled it once (Chelsea away) and have not played the remaining four. Of the games we have dropped points in, they did worse against Arsenal but are yet to play Tottenham or Man City.

The findings

Taking into account only the fixtures that have also been played by the other clubs, the standings are:

Man City +2
Liverpool
Man United 0
Everton -4
Chelsea -5
Tottenham -5
Arsenal -5
Good stuff and with united sitting 3rd you should defo send this to Jose he'd love to put his spin on this and big himself up!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: December 5, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »
Good stuff and with united sitting 3rd you should defo send this to Jose he'd love to put his spin on this and big himself up!
Joint second.  Respect, respect.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #609 on: December 5, 2018, 07:07:55 pm »
Iska, that's fucking funny!  ;D

United are in a league of their own!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: December 5, 2018, 09:39:05 pm »
Plus 6 if I’m right

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: December 5, 2018, 09:46:21 pm »
Hurry up and update this  :)

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: December 5, 2018, 09:48:36 pm »
Iska, that's fucking funny!  ;D

United are in a league of their own!

You could say they're off the charts

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #613 on: December 5, 2018, 09:58:24 pm »
This is going to be fun...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: December 5, 2018, 10:00:21 pm »
You could say they're off the charts

They've been showing some real consistency the last few weeks.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #615 on: December 5, 2018, 10:00:32 pm »
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #616 on: December 5, 2018, 10:23:25 pm »

« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 10:29:55 pm by Prof »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #617 on: December 5, 2018, 10:27:30 pm »
Farewell United. 

Sunk off the chart like the Titianic
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: December 5, 2018, 10:28:33 pm »
Chelsea were always going to drop away. They lack the attacking depth. Hazard is their only good one. Willian is shite.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: December 5, 2018, 10:28:42 pm »
Farewell United. 

Sunk off the chart like the Titianic

Flying downhill faster than cantona (of rawk fame) on his ski trip.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #620 on: December 5, 2018, 10:32:17 pm »

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #621 on: December 5, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »
Just like in their grey kits, they can't be seen anymore ;D

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #622 on: December 5, 2018, 10:45:26 pm »
Absolutely unbelievable!  :scarf
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #623 on: December 5, 2018, 10:54:19 pm »
And in the real table, we’ve changed the gap between us and third from 3 points to 6.

And thanks to our best ever start in the top tier, we are only one point from safety.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: December 5, 2018, 11:00:23 pm »

Completely appropriate that the chart entirely encapsulates my reaction to seeing it.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: December 5, 2018, 11:11:55 pm »

The subtle change regarding Man Utd- genuinely laughed out loud. Well done!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: December 5, 2018, 11:30:49 pm »
A win at the weekend and its plus 8

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: December 5, 2018, 11:48:57 pm »
See ya later Mancs!

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #628 on: December 5, 2018, 11:52:18 pm »
Chelsea were always going to drop away. They lack the attacking depth. Hazard is their only good one. Willian is shite.

Easiest prediction I've had for a while. They had the kindest fixtures at the start and barely made through with wins in a few of those games. Were never going to keep up.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: December 5, 2018, 11:54:03 pm »
Easiest prediction I've had for a while. They had the kindest fixtures at the start and barely made through with wins in a few of those games. Were never going to keep up.

Have a point to prove in their next game. Can't see them doing much about it though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: December 6, 2018, 12:15:34 am »
Hope Chelsea win, but at least a draw is all I ask for

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: December 6, 2018, 01:17:52 am »
Arsenal v Huddersfield
Man Utd v Fulham
Chelsea v Man City
Leicester v Tottenham

I see see all of Huddersfield, Fulham, Chelsea, and Leicester being very competitive in these

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: December 6, 2018, 08:06:39 am »
How are we 18 points clear from United after 15 games. We are doing so well. Any other year and we would be about 6 to 8 points clear at the moment.

If we win at Bournemouth there will be real pressure on City heading into the Chelsea game. They are playing out of their skins but can't shrug us off.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: December 6, 2018, 11:32:00 am »
How are we 18 points clear from United after 15 games. We are doing so well. Any other year and we would be about 6 to 8 points clear at the moment.
It’s only 16 points - give it time - but it does feel like there’s a weird time-acceleration thing going on this season.  It was only a couple of weeks ago that we were saying ‘wow, eight clear of United already’, but now we’re eight clear of Chelsea.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: December 6, 2018, 11:45:09 am »
It’s only 16 points - give it time - but it does feel like there’s a weird time-acceleration thing going on this season.  It was only a couple of weeks ago that we were saying ‘wow, eight clear of United already’, but now we’re eight clear of Chelsea.

12+6=18.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: December 6, 2018, 02:17:06 pm »
We are 6 points clear of third, so there is a gap between the title chasers and the sides chasing Europe. Then there is another gap between 3rd,4th,5th and the mid-table clubs... and Man Utd are challenging top spot in this group  ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: December 6, 2018, 02:29:02 pm »
I was talking about this league rather than the boring normal one where we are second.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #637 on: December 6, 2018, 02:42:13 pm »
APLT Full Table : Matchweek 15
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #638 on: December 6, 2018, 02:42:49 pm »
APLT Analysis & Extrapolations : Matchweek 15
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #639 on: December 6, 2018, 02:43:25 pm »
APLT Revolving Par : Matchweek 15