Author Topic: Charlie Adam  (Read 17034 times)

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Charlie Adam - 3 game ban following Olivier Giroud incident
« Reply #120 on: March 5, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »
charlie adam tackles like paul scholes, one is portrayed as a scumbag the other a hero.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 5, 2014, 11:18:36 pm »
 Here's the thing though, according to the rules at the time the Callum McManaman and Robert Huth incidents, they couldn't be done by the FA cause the official has seen and acted on it. It isn't a case of the FA being inconsistent, it's the FA upholding it's own rules which were laid out at the start of the season. I guarantee you if neither of those incidents had not been seen by an official they both would have been banned. As it is if the FA had acted on them, against their own rules, it leaves them in a very actionable position by both Wigan and Stoke. The McManaman incident actually forced the FA to change that rule because of the outcry.

Charlie Adam got done because it was a snidy way to hurt someone. Doesn't matter that it looks less painful or wrong that Huth or McManaman, in the opinion of the FA he fell foul of the laws of the game and got punished. Much like Pardew, it doesn't matter if that was a shit headbutt, he headbutted a guy and will get deservedly punished for it.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #122 on: March 5, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
charlie adam tackles like paul scholes, one is portrayed as a scumbag the other a hero.

I wouldn't call Charlie Adam a hero, to be fair.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #123 on: March 5, 2014, 11:51:45 pm »
Its the right decision, but if he'd have been a Chelsea, United, or City player he never would have been charged with anything.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 6, 2014, 01:08:38 am »
Snide "tackle" , correct decision. Even for an ex Liverpool "pivot". Fuck me I miss the dynamism old Charlie brought us.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 6, 2014, 07:09:37 am »
Are Stoke playing Chelsea, City, or Spurs in the next 3 games?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 6, 2014, 07:22:15 am »
Are Stoke playing Chelsea, City, or Spurs in the next 3 games?

No, he'll be back for Chelsea.

There's nothing dodgy going on here, he deserves the ban, it was a snidey stamp.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kennynyaboo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: March 6, 2014, 08:36:35 am »
You cannot touch Arsene's girls. I thought we'd been in the league long enough to know by now.
Mourinho's babies - don't even look at them. If they so much as yip, you get charged.
Fergie's United; same shite. Touch them at your own risk.
Moyes's United - that grimface twart, that's a different story. You can have an open day on their players and nothing will happen.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #128 on: March 6, 2014, 08:41:00 am »
Adam got what he deserved for me.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Charlie Adam
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2022, 01:58:56 pm »

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »
A sad day in the Fordy household.
AHA!

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2022, 08:39:01 pm »
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2023, 03:28:52 pm »
Charlie Adam: Fleetwood Town name ex-Scotland midfielder as new head coach

Fleetwood have appointed former Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam as their new head coach.

The 38-year-old replaces Lee Johnson who was sacked on Saturday after a run of nine games without a win.

Adam retired in 2022 after playing for clubs including Rangers, Liverpool, Blackpool and Stoke City and is taking on his first managerial role.

He becomes the third boss at the League One club this season following Johnson and Scott Brown.

Adam has been working as a coach with Premier League side Burnley as their loan manager, and also with their under-21 players.

Maurice Ross will also join as assistant coach and former Fleetwood player Ross Wallace becomes first-team coach with their first game in charge at Shrewsbury on Monday.

"I'm delighted to join a club I know well and one which we feel we can make a real difference with," Adam said.

"I'm inheriting what I think is a strong squad which is more than capable of getting the results needed to climb the table.

"Fleetwood is a hard-working, honest, and passionate town and the football club must reflect that - the players have to be proud to pull the shirt on and represent what the club and the town stands for.

"It's now important we see togetherness from the players, staff and crucially the supporters to help turn results around - we can't wait to get started."

Adam, who started his playing career with Rangers, was capped 26 times by his country after making his international debut in 2007.

He moved to Blackpool in 2009 and then to Liverpool two years later, where he scored two goals in 37 appearances.

Adam returned to the Championship with Stoke in 2012, where he played 156 times in seven years, before joining Reading and retiring after a spell with Dundee.

Source: BBC
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2023, 03:47:01 pm »
Good luck to him! Hopefully he’s got someone else showing them penalties

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2023, 04:56:59 pm »
Good luck to him! Hopefully he’s got someone else showing them penalties

And buffets...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2023, 04:58:46 pm »
Fordy bought his season ticket for there yet?