Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 53158 times)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nuri Sahin to Real Madrid
« Reply #80 on: May 2, 2011, 07:30:50 pm »
. I also don't see how he is going to displace Khedira
I do.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Snej

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: May 2, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
Guess this means they won't be going for Schweinsteiger as they have plenty of deep lying midfielders now
Sahin is more of a creator to Schweinsteiger's destroyer but still.
It would have made more sense to go for Schweinsteiger actually as they don't have many hard tackling midfielders apart from Diarra and Gago

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 2, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »
Afellay in 4 months has played almost as many league minutes (414 according to As) as Canales(305) and Pedro León (154) have combined since the start of the season.
Not a good example is it? Canales is completely wasted at RM, and it has cost him a place with the u-21 international team.

As for Afellay, some players consider starting most games in a top league a success, well others will happily sit on the bench in a team like Barca. To each his own.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 2, 2011, 07:54:01 pm »
To be fair I don't like the fact Afellay is at Barca, he is such a talented footballer - better than Pedro for me, even as a wide player, despite him being better through the middle. Afellay was thrown on as abit of a joker card against Real in the Copa del rey final, rather than with any intent to really go and get an equaliser for them.

Nuri will fall in with the likes of Granero (once bitten, twice shy - clearly not!), Pedro Leon, Canales, Drenthe, Hunterlaar,Garay of Real Madrid, youngsters who shown they have everything they need to make it as a top player, if they are given the chance to grow as players every week.

Nuri is good enough to start for most teams in world football, it was clear he was going to be a class player when he was playing for Feyenoord and Turkey U19's, he was linked with Juventus during the week, that would be a good move for him - probably even better than our Alberto to be honest. Sahin is the kind of player who could perform in a 4-4-2 diamond formation, a flat 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, its very obvious why Real Madrid would want him from a selfish perspective.

Sahin is a better footballer than Baros 2, but obviously away from home at Valencia, you can't play Nuri and Xabi together, those are the kind of games he would be starting for a Sevilla or even Villarreal (better than Borja Valero?).
« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 08:00:09 pm by C »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 2, 2011, 07:56:05 pm »
So you want him to start ahead of Messi/Pedro/Villa?

For all the moaning people around here do about us not having a good enough squad in depth, everyone gets so shocked when a club sign someone who automatically wont be in there starting 11.

Mate the thing is, I didn't even say anything about how he should start ahead of anyone, alls I did was liken the situation he is in to what Sahin will find himself in at Madrid, in that he will be going to a team with lots of competition, and ultimately end up being back up, sitting on the bench and having the odd cameo appearance, something someone of his talents should not be confined to, and the reason their talents will be confined to that is simply taking a rash decision and joining clubs such as Barca and Madrid for instance, which will only really hamper their development. :)

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #85 on: May 2, 2011, 07:59:53 pm »
To be fair I don't like the fact Afellay is at Barca, he is such a talented footballer - better than Pedro for me, even as a wide player, despite him being better through the middle. Afellay was thrown on as abit of a joker card against Real in the Copa del rey final, rather than with any intent to really go and get an equaliser for them.

Nuri will fall in with the likes of Granero (once bitten, twice shy - clearly not!), Pedro Leon, Canales, Drenthe, Hunterlaar,Garay of Real Madrid, youngsters who shown they have everything they need to make it as a top player, if they are given the chance to grow as players every week.

Nuri is good enough to start for most teams in world football, it was clear he was going to be a class player when he was playing for Feyenoord and Turkey U19's, he was linked with Juventus during the week, that would be a good move for him - probably even better than our Alberto to be honest. Sahin is the kind of player who could perform in a 4-4-2 diamond formation, a flat 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, its very obvious why Real Madrid would want him from a selfish perspective.

I like to criticise Real Madrid as much as the next guy but who's to say he can't be more like young players who have been successes - Di María, Özil, Marcelo, Higuaín to name a few. It's clear there is less competition for his spot than there is for the likes of Canales and Pedro León.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 2, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »
Xabi Alonso, Granero, Gago can all play in his role, but to be entirely honest can you see Jose ever dropping Alonso for Sahin?

Then ask yourself can you see him playing Sahin and Alonso together with a trequartista/upfield playmaker (kaka or ozil)  infront of them?

Answer to both is probably no, meaning he won't get the starts he needs.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #87 on: May 2, 2011, 08:04:44 pm »
di maria and ozil came as established first team players.
marcelo and higuain came pre galatico mk ii so had a chance.

Both true and fair points, but Sahin is pretty much as established as those players. I think it depends where he's being planned for - if it's deeper midfield he'll be fine but if he's competing with Mesut, Kaká etc then he's going to struggle big time.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #88 on: May 2, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »
Xabi Alonso, Granero, Gago can all play in his role, but to be entirely honest can you see Jose ever dropping Alonso for Sahin?

Then ask yourself can you see him playing Sahin and Alonso together with a trequartista/upfield playmaker (kaka or ozil)  infront of them?

Answer to both is probably no, meaning he won't get the starts he needs.

I can't see the former but I can see the latter happening. Khedira plays no less advanced than Sahin does, Real can afford to sacrifice his defensive work for Sahin's attacking edge imo. Depends on what Mourinho is thinking though.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #89 on: May 2, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »
agreed
but this is mourinho. a midfield 3 of alonso, ozil, sahin is off the cards IMO

Yeah Mourinho is the main negative here, I can see your point.

Offline Snej

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: May 2, 2011, 08:16:58 pm »
agreed
but this is mourinho. a midfield 3 of alonso, ozil, sahin is off the cards IMO

Striker
Di Maria     Özil       Ronaldo
       Alonso       Sahin

?

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #91 on: May 2, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
If this pans out, what a disgrace. Could have signed a new contract and gotten his club (the club he's been at all his life) the proper fee that he's worth if we wanted out so bad, instead sneaks off for his release clause just after his club have won the league and are on the rise.

His worth is no less than 30m. They'll play him alongside Alonso. He's as good a destroyer as a creator.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 08:27:48 pm by Ryba »

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #92 on: May 2, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »
Mate the thing is, I didn't even say anything about how he should start ahead of anyone, alls I did was liken the situation he is in to what Sahin will find himself in at Madrid, in that he will be going to a team with lots of competition, and ultimately end up being back up, sitting on the bench and having the odd cameo appearance, something someone of his talents should not be confined to, and the reason their talents will be confined to that is simply taking a rash decision and joining clubs such as Barca and Madrid for instance, which will only really hamper their development. :)

Well thats fair enought, hard to argue. The example of Affelay though, I think anyway, is a bad example. He is going to work under one of the best managers around, to play in one of the greatest ever teams and easily the best team around at the moment. Also gets to train with arguably the best ever player to grace a pair of football boots aswell as two of the best midfielders of the past 20 years, if not one of the best. If training with Lionel messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pep guardiola wont help his development well then I dont know what will.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 2, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »
Well thats fair enought, hard to argue. The example of Affelay though, I think anyway, is a bad example. He is going to work under one of the best managers around, to play in one of the greatest ever teams and easily the best team around at the moment. Also gets to train with arguably the best ever player to grace a pair of football boots aswell as two of the best midfielders of the past 20 years, if not one of the best. If training with Lionel messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pep guardiola wont help his development well then I dont know what will.

I know yeah, but I still think he could of been so much more than a bit part player, I suppose he knew there was a strong possiblity of this happening though, going into the finest team ever an' all..

Just like Sahin probably knows there is a chance he won't be a first team regular, but their the risks they are prepared to take, good luck to them 'eh.  :lickin

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 2, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »
No matter how good your teammates are, you still need play time to improve. We are not talking about some 17 year old who would be delighted to play a few minutes here.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #95 on: May 2, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »
No matter how good your teammates are, you still need play time to improve. We are not talking about some 17 year old who would be delighted to play a few minutes here.

Obviously, there is no denying that. Im just looking at it from the point of view of his decision to join Barca. I know I wouldnt pass up the chance to play with the above mentioned players anyway.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 2, 2011, 09:10:42 pm »
Better him going to Madrid than the Mancs, although I still can't understand why didn't he at least try to stay one more year with Dortmund having just won the league title there.

I also can't understand why Madrid would want to buy him, having some bright good talents in their middle with Granero & Canales as standouts in particular not to mention our Xabi Alonso. Well if they don't need them then I will be more than happy to have them play with us.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline dustygator

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: May 2, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »
di maria and ozil came as established first team players.
marcelo and higuain came pre galatico mk ii so had a chance.

Also, Di Maria and Ozil just arrived last summer. If both are starting for Real in 2 years, I'll eat my hat. If Sahin does end up going, he'll probably get loads of playing time the first season, maybe even the second season and see his role reduced after that when they bring in the next hot name.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #98 on: May 2, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »
----------------------Higuain/Benzema----------------------
Cristiano/Di Maria----------------------Ozil/Kaka----------
---------Sahin/Canales----------Khedira/Lassana--------
----------------------Alonso/Granero-------------------------

Thats some squad.  :o
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Lommaren

• Kemlynite
« Reply #99 on: May 2, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »
Oh can we have Xabi now please ;) Especially if they plan on two attacking playmakers à la Barca.
"Been without you since May '94, tricks of the mind make it feel like it's more. But I'm not special it's the same for everyone" (Richard Marx)

Dedicated by me to the Spying Kop and Ayrton Senna!

Offline Lommaren

• Kemlynite
« Reply #100 on: May 2, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »
I've heard BvB have as good as signed his replacement, the 20-year old German/Turkish Nuremberg player Ilkay Gündogan. Heard he's good.
"Been without you since May '94, tricks of the mind make it feel like it's more. But I'm not special it's the same for everyone" (Richard Marx)

Dedicated by me to the Spying Kop and Ayrton Senna!

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #101 on: May 2, 2011, 10:43:04 pm »
So many Turkish Germans.

Anyway, Mourinho could make:

Reina
     Ramos          Agger               Bale
                Sahin            Ozil
   Gerrard          Messi            Ronaldo
                Torres         Villa

Play like a bloody Roy Hodgson team. So negative.   

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #102 on: May 3, 2011, 02:59:09 am »
That Alonso guy is too old. Ronaldo, Ozil, Sahin, Higuain, Benzema, Khedira, Di Maria, Canales will all be 26 or under next year. Flog that senior citizen back off where he came from ( :wave) and go with the young galacticos already. Ay dios mio.
Justice For The 96

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 3, 2011, 11:51:43 am »
I do.

We've had this C. There's no doubt Sahin is more technically gifted than Khedira, but you need a destroyer in your midfield. Alonso is capable defensively, but a midfield against him and Sahin would get destroyed against any side with discipline.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 3, 2011, 11:57:08 am »
I'd take Afellay in a second.

Wait... What?

So did Barca :(
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 3, 2011, 11:58:23 am »
£8M is a bargain. Dont have a clue why we didnt go in for him at that price.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 3, 2011, 12:08:15 pm »

I'm guess if we haven't it's because we need to strengthen elsewhere and our resources are prioritised at the moment?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #107 on: May 3, 2011, 12:14:43 pm »
It's unbeliveable 10m euros for such a talent... Why we can't get bargains like that??

this :(
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #108 on: May 3, 2011, 12:21:23 pm »

Probably because we are signing Charlie Adam for the same position ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 3, 2011, 12:27:10 pm »
I barely saw him play but from what I've read he's far from being the soft and technical midfielder who cannot do a good job defensively.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 3, 2011, 12:35:13 pm »
oh ffs. i was hoping we would get him this summer. he is the next xabi alonso.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 3, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »
Why are people stating its a bad career move. You could say the same about Ozil, with Di Maria, Ronaldo, Kaka, Higuain all there, and hes outshone nearly all of them (probably bar Ronaldo). Wait a year before you criticize his move because no one has any idea how it will turn out.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 3, 2011, 12:39:28 pm »
£8m... How is it that Real Madrid and Barca, despite their big spending, can always pick up good players for practically nothing!?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #113 on: May 3, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »
Probably because we are signing Charlie Adam for the same position ...

Or Sahin would only leave Dortmund for a handful of other clubs. Real being one of those clubs. Real is a step up from Dortmund.

Maybe he would view going to us at the moment a risky move. The risk with moving to Madrid is how regularly he will play. You've got to think he has faith in his ability to dislodge the players currently playing for Real in midfield.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 3, 2011, 12:45:30 pm »
Find it suprising that he'd leave BVB now.  Been there for 5 years and still only 22. 

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 3, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »
i really can't see madrid getting him for €10m. that Marca article says Sahin has a clause allowing him to go to other Bundesliga clubs for €6m but that doesn't apply to foreign clubs. Dortmund have put a €20m price tag on him.

Madrid's philosophy is "better to sell to us for €10m than another bundesliga club for €6m". if any other club outside the bundesliga is interested, the price will go up.

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #116 on: May 3, 2011, 01:21:14 pm »
Bender next to him who is called "The Vaccuum".

I giggled like a girl.

In all seriousness though, I hope for his sake he doesn't move to Madrid. He deserves to be playing as much football as possible.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #117 on: May 3, 2011, 01:44:57 pm »
Or Sahin would only leave Dortmund for a handful of other clubs. Real being one of those clubs. Real is a step up from Dortmund.

Maybe he would view going to us at the moment a risky move. The risk with moving to Madrid is how regularly he will play. You've got to think he has faith in his ability to dislodge the players currently playing for Real in midfield.

Sorry, but I am not buying it ... LFC is a step up from Dortmund, even though they are a pretty big club themselves ... At LFC, Sahin would establish himself as a starter pretty soon, while at Real Madrid he would need to displace Alaonso in order to do so ... In reality, moving to Real Madrid would be a very bad career move for Sahin ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #118 on: May 3, 2011, 01:50:05 pm »
About time they got some flair

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #119 on: May 3, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »
Sorry, but I am not buying it ... LFC is a step up from Dortmund, even though they are a pretty big club themselves ... At LFC, Sahin would establish himself as a starter pretty soon, while at Real Madrid he would need to displace Alaonso in order to do so ... In reality, moving to Real Madrid would be a very bad career move for Sahin ...

Don't disagree that moving to Real might be a bad move. You'd suspect his game playing time would be significantly reduced. If he goes to Real, it's either because he thinks he can dislodge one of their current midfielders and become a regular starter (like Ozil has done by replacing Kaka) or it's for more money.

I don't necessarily see why he'd want to join us at the moment. Trying to be impartial, I just don't know why he wants to leave Dortmund. Big club, champions of Germany and CL football next season. Why risk that to join us?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.