Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January  (Read 14161 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spyin' Kop: Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January
« Reply #40 on: January 1, 2013, 10:01:34 pm »
Well now I hope we smash them even more.

I hope so mate.

Bunch of clowns.

Offline Evans

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: January 1, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
Thanks for this. A good read - if you ignore the hate against Rodgers, which really makes them seem kinda weird.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 1, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »
What a bunch of absolute meffs.

Shows how much they know about football when they all rate Martin O'Neill so highly.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 1, 2013, 11:55:40 pm »
Was someone on that forum banned here at one point for disrespecting the manager?

Where did they come up with that idea?  I've read plenty of criticism of managers on here over the years.  RAWK in my opinion is a bit over-moderated, but nothing like what they're suggesting, so I'm just wondering where the idea was planted in their heads that no one on here is allowed to say anything against the manager.

Well my brother in law was banned off here years ago for criticising rafa (with the creative ban description of 'idiot') and I was handed a long ban for criticising the team and Manager late last season. (I basically said that the manager and team had done their jobs poorly, which is a pretty commonly held viewpoint now).

I fear posting this for the potential repercussions, but from my perspective mods sort of do what they want on here and some of them are happy to throw bans out for criticising the manager or players.

What else?  Well I've had this custom title for a long time because I think Cecil did right by us and got the club sold, and I'm on the watch list because posting that the new sports psychologist was going to earn his money during the Stoke hammering was worthy of a 60 point warning.

My first reaction on reading that spying kop is that if anyone posted stuff like that here they would be permanent banned in about 2 seconds.

Still love the forum, mind, please let me stay :-(
« Last Edit: January 1, 2013, 11:59:26 pm by Cid »

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #44 on: January 2, 2013, 12:05:46 am »
Never thought they'd hate us and BR so much. Hilarious to be honest, from a little club like them. Don't ever give Sunderland a thought unless we're playing them or they pull off some upset like against City.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 2, 2013, 12:19:38 am »
Surprised by the bile for BR, did he fuck Sunderland over or something..?

Oh, and cheers Nick ;)
@ManifoldReasons

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 2, 2013, 12:22:02 am »

snip
Its such a hard life  ;D  its be explained so often that well argued criticism is fine mate, one liners are not acceptable.

Anyway, lets hope the Sunderland fans sing about our Mods and not Suarez tomorrow  ;D

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 2, 2013, 12:40:18 am »
Its such a hard life  ;D  its be explained so often that well argued criticism is fine mate, one liners are not acceptable.

Anyway, lets hope the Sunderland fans sing about our Mods and not Suarez tomorrow  ;D

Well I like the forum enough that I hang around, and while I'm a bit of a contrary sod I don't seem to stick out too often for the mods to poke at. Not everyone is like me though.

I reckon lots come on here, stick their foot in their mouth and end up banned before they get the chance to really adapt to the style of the board. If my experience is anything to go by they'll get a smartass comment rather than a ban explanation and having no real attachment they'll end up on other Liverpool forums where they spread their stories of heavy handed mods around. That's how rawk gets a reputation.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: January 2, 2013, 12:53:50 am »
More than half of them predicted a Sunderland win, and that's fine by me!

The one positive of all the negatively biased press we get is that fans of most teams are underestimating us - and if the fans are, there's a decent chance the players are too! (they're only human after all). I suppose this partly explains why we've been disproportionately good against the stronger teams in the league in recent years. The stronger the team sees themselves, the more overconfident they become, as it's "only Liverpool" :).

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 2, 2013, 12:52:53 pm »
''Aleem Dar: None. LFC are rank average.''

Ahh yes, of course you don't...

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 2, 2013, 01:04:46 pm »
Seem a decent bunch of lads. What did we expect in terms of replies? 'LFC is great I hope you twat us'?

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2013, 01:18:49 pm »

* A majority of the posters in this thread : Sunderland-supporters are primarily inbred mongrels in the backwaters of football that have never won anyting and have a total whopper as a manager..

At the same time, the same lfc-supporters believe that any critizism towards LFC and/or the manager is totally unjustified..

Goes with the same category as moyes being the worst manager in the league; fellaini only being a major c*nt etc etc..

Take a look at the real world from time to time guys..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2013, 01:20:20 pm »
Just send them a link to the transfer window forum if they think RAWK is over moderated, although they'll probably have at a few fans for saying they don't want sneidjer  ;D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2013, 01:26:04 pm »
What a bunch of absolute meffs.

Shows how much they know about football when they all rate Martin O'Neill so highly.
He's their manager, we do the same thing with Rodgers.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2013, 02:05:04 pm »

And your favourite Sporting moment in general?

Aleem Dar: Smashing India in their backyard.

;D had to chuckle at that username.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2013, 02:26:08 pm »
Spyin' Kop - building bridges since 2002. ;D

Offline SAFCinpeace

• Main Stander
  • Haway The Lads
« Reply #57 on: January 2, 2013, 03:13:41 pm »
Hi guys  :).... im a sunderland fan but not on the RTG forum... however the dislike of rodgers is not just on that forum it is the sunderland fan base in general.....

When Rodgers was in charge of Swansea last season he made some stupid comments after his sides defeat to us.... i will try to find the exact comments but they were along the lines of "the sunderland fans should be thankful of watching our great football" this was after we played them off the park and beat them 2-0..... he came across extreamly arragent and disrespectful and as the saying goes fans never forget.....

Its true message board fans can come across very negative but last season when we played you away you might remember the 'JFT96' sign in our end and you guys responded with a FTM (fuck the mags) sign when you played at the stadium of light..... our fan bases get on very well in general as can be seen by the majority of comments   

Coming down tonight so hope for a good game :D

Online Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: January 2, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »
Hi guys  :).... im a sunderland fan but not on the RTG forum... however the dislike of rodgers is not just on that forum it is the sunderland fan base in general.....

When Rodgers was in charge of Swansea last season he made some stupid comments after his sides defeat to us.... i will try to find the exact comments but they were along the lines of "the sunderland fans should be thankful of watching our great football" this was after we played them off the park and beat them 2-0..... he came across extreamly arragent and disrespectful and as the saying goes fans never forget.....

Its true message board fans can come across very negative but last season when we played you away you might remember the 'JFT96' sign in our end and you guys responded with a FTM (fuck the mags) sign when you played at the stadium of light..... our fan bases get on very well in general as can be seen by the majority of comments   

Nice to hear that  :) and yeah that does sound a little arrogant from rodgers however he's not normally like that imo, comes across as quite honest although he does exaggerate at times.
Even still good luck for the rest of the season starting from tomorrow!  ;D

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 2, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

i doubt you'll be able to find those comments, i've heard sunderland fans talking about it but ask them for a link to the actual quotes and none are forthcoming. i think they're a myth made up by someone and somehow believed by many. i'm willing to be proved wrong though, if you can find them.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #60 on: January 2, 2013, 07:21:54 pm »
Haway: Refuse to answer out of a matter of principle - your forum is an absolutely joke and you don't allow free speech. The idea you ban people for criticising managers disgusts me.

What an honourable man. A sensitive and beautiful human being too. And a brave gesture not to answer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 2, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »
i doubt you'll be able to find those comments, i've heard sunderland fans talking about it but ask them for a link to the actual quotes and none are forthcoming. i think they're a myth made up by someone and somehow believed by many. i'm willing to be proved wrong though, if you can find them.
yeah, I reckon you're right there, it certainly doesn't sound like something Rodgers would ever say.

here's his post game interview video on the beeb, where he says nothing of the sort:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16671596

and some post game comments on the Guardian site, no mention there either:

The Swansea manager, Brendan Rodgers, was disappointed in defeat, but could not fault the performance of his players. "They are not upbeat because they are winners and we play to win. That's the beauty of this group. We don't just play attacking, creative football, we win games and that's why we have done ever so well this year.

"There's that hurt and disbelief, really, that we didn't get something from the game. But that is football and we will move on and look to get three points in our next league game."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/22/sunderland-john-oshea-swansea-city

Online Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: January 2, 2013, 07:31:40 pm »

Haway: Refuse to answer out of a matter of principle - your forum is an absolutely joke and you don't allow free speech. The idea you ban people for criticising managers disgusts me.

This probably sounded funnier or wittier in his head...  ::)

Online Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: January 2, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »
yeah, I reckon you're right there, it certainly doesn't sound like something Rodgers would ever say.

here's his post game interview video on the beeb, where he says nothing of the sort:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16671596

and some post game comments on the Guardian site, no mention there either:

The Swansea manager, Brendan Rodgers, was disappointed in defeat, but could not fault the performance of his players. "They are not upbeat because they are winners and we play to win. That's the beauty of this group. We don't just play attacking, creative football, we win games and that's why we have done ever so well this year.

"There's that hurt and disbelief, really, that we didn't get something from the game. But that is football and we will move on and look to get three points in our next league game."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/22/sunderland-john-oshea-swansea-city

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=184079

They have quotes of what they said on their forum, seem true enough unfortunately

“It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us,” said manager Brendan Rodgers. “They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.
“Our intention is always to pass teams to a standstill, but give credit to Sunderland, they defended ever so well when other teams might have wilted.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/297389/Sunderland-2-Swansea-0-Wes-Brown-tells-Craig-Gardner-to-dig-in
« Last Edit: January 2, 2013, 07:36:59 pm by Harris96 »

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 2, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
I really hope the Sunderland fans enjoyed that. It must have been great for their public to witness that performance. They've probably heard a lot about this team and now the people of Sunderland have seen it with their own eyes. We were wonderful.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: January 2, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »
I really hope the Sunderland fans enjoyed that. It must have been great for their public to witness that performance. They've probably heard a lot about this team and now the people of Sunderland have seen it with their own eyes. We were wonderful.

;D

Seems like the out of his depth chancer had us playing some nice stuff. Did wise old O'Neill not counter it in any way? How was his touchline bouncing tonight?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 2, 2013, 09:50:17 pm »
Aleem Dar None. LFC are rank average.

Hehehe
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 2, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »
haha meltdowns all over the place on their  rtg forum. sack the manager, we need a whole new team, move the stadium 3 feet to the left etc etc. enjoy your long trip home mackems :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 2, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »
Strongly recommend their match thread if you want a good laugh.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 2, 2013, 10:00:39 pm »
What a bunch of absolute idiots they are.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 2, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »
pew pew pew

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71 on: January 2, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »

Aleem Dar: None. LFC are rank average.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #72 on: January 3, 2013, 10:28:44 am »
Strongly recommend their match thread if you want a good laugh.

Link?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline SAFCinpeace

• Main Stander
  • Haway The Lads
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
Hi guys :D

Havent been on sine the loss because of work :(... the loss was the worst in my lifetime in terms of effort and im glad it was over ;) glad you have found the comments (safe to say he isnt liked up here) but nice speaking to you and cant wait for next season because its normally a great game ;)