Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54984 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #440 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:25 am »
If im honest mate and im not talking about people in here, but just those Pro evo fanboys across the web, its ok but its certainly not worth the hype and reading about across the web on Evo Web and WENB. I listened to the podkast with that Adam lad and Suff yesterday and they were banging on about how this is the complete title and bears no resemblance to the demo.

The PES hype has been cringe-worthy since about 2008, the fanbois and articles are so full of shit it's simply not worth reading anything any more. Best to just wait for stuff to play.

I think this year they have the makings of a game which they should have had in 2009, which could have by now evolved into something really great. It remains to see what the final version will be like, I can see them fixing stuff like the goalkeepers but there's only so much you can do with an engine within a few weeks.

The problem is the PES community and fanbois are saying they love this, people on the other side of the fence are saying it's completely shit. In all honesty if this demo was made by some one else then I think most would agree it's an OK game at the moment.

Well seeing as Fifa11 is vastly superior to this PES demo and Pro11 it's pretty obvious this years will piss all over it even more.

Fifa11 isn't even superior to FIFA10 (which is easily the best football game ever made imo). EA are like a dog with a bone, they're onto something good and rather than just tweak it they'll end up ruining it.
:D

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #441 on: August 26, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »
I've already had enough of the forums about it. It's only the demo and the fanboys are already bickering. I remember PES5&6 coming out and gettin absolutely slaughtered on the internet forums. It's all bollocks to me, this is just the way the internet is, I at 36 am not interested in getting involved in an argument with a 16 year old who's life revolves around video games. i just want a footy game to play online while getting pissed on a weekend when the Mrs and kids are out of the way for a couple of hours.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:45 pm »
Yeah, I go to WENB to see what's new as in teams, modes etc but I take absolutely no notice of their opinions of the game. I don't care how many matches they've played at special events, every single year they say "this is the year, PES is back, it's the game we've been waiting for since PES 5". Every. Single. Year. And it never is. I do think 2012 is very good from what I've played of the demo, though.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: August 26, 2011, 02:12:53 pm »

I think its a good improvement on 2011, barring the obvious keeper issues which many have said have been fixed in later codes anyway so that doesn't bother me. I do hope the unassisted passing is fixed though as it doesn't really feel that way. Unassisted should feel like you are completely on your own in the judging of passes. All in all though i'm looking forward to the next demo to see what they have fixed and seeing how konami react to any criticisms of this one. I also think some people are being too quick to react negatively as this is the earliest they have ever released a demo so It has to be looked at objectively and with a few tweaks here and there and some polish applied it think its looking good for the full finished game, providing they listen to what people are saying.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #444 on: August 26, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »
I think its a good improvement on 2011, barring the obvious keeper issues which many have said have been fixed in later codes anyway so that doesn't bother me.  I do hope the unassisted passing is fixed though as it doesn't really feel that way. Unassisted should feel like you are completely on your own in the judging of passes.  All in all though i'm looking forward to the next demo to see what they have fixed and seeing how konami react to any criticisms of this one. I also think some people are being too quick to react negatively as this is the earliest they have ever released a demo so It has to be looked at objectively and with a few tweaks here and there and some polish applied it think its looking good for the full finished game, providing they listen to what people are saying.

Definitely doesn't feel right just yet but I'm not convinced by your call for being 'completely alone' - there needs to be a decent balance between user/cpu influence in order to provide accurate representations of the individuals performing, surely?

Maybe total control would be a useful feature for Challenge Training within B.A.L. but even then the learning curve would become ever shallower.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #445 on: August 26, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »
I think its a bit shit to be honest. Way the ball sits at the feet of the players as they run. Animation is just terrible, even the shots are really really poor. Not sure what all the fuss is, very dissapointed.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2011, 07:05:35 pm »
Arrgh.

Day three on the demo and all of a sudden the old frailties are returning. Ive just had to turn it off and chill because i started to lose my temper with it.

1. The ball physics are definately not right. I cant put my finger on it but i guess the ball is just too slow and has no zip. Also the ball - i cant get away from the fact it acts like its scripted, it just doesnt feel loose at all.

2. The cursor switcher is still bust. the amount of times i go to make a tackle or move a man and it switches to another man. infuriating. Was about to make a tackle on the attacker and it switched because he released the ball and they scored.

3. The computer is still making passes for you, clearing it for you and shooting for you automatically.

Gutted.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:04 pm »
Not sure about the first two points but for the third one, I think you can turn the assistance off. It's buried somewhere in the profile menu in options I think, I remember seeing it and being able to toggle about 4 or 5 assisted options on or off. One was slide tackles, which I turned off straight away - used to hate the computer sliding in automatically and giving away a penalty.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #448 on: August 26, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »
I think its a bit shit to be honest. Way the ball sits at the feet of the players as they run. Animation is just terrible, even the shots are really really poor. Not sure what all the fuss is, very dissapointed.

x10

It's fucking shit.

It really is.

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2011, 11:29:23 pm »
x10

It's fucking shit.

It really is.

Indeed, honestly I just have no clue how people prefer this to FIFA, fair enough a few years ago but now? It is just insane

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:22 am »
Not sure about the first two points but for the third one, I think you can turn the assistance off. It's buried somewhere in the profile menu in options I think, I remember seeing it and being able to toggle about 4 or 5 assisted options on or off. One was slide tackles, which I turned off straight away - used to hate the computer sliding in automatically and giving away a penalty.
Even when you turn it off, the passes can still be random, and it really doesn't feel much different. A few times I wanted to make a short pass to a player that was about 4 feet away, and for some reason my players decided to just put the laces through it to another player standing 30 yards away on the wing in a different direction. Without question, passing is on rails no matter what you set it to. Like most other things in PES, it's faked.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2011, 12:11:43 am »
yeah the ball pysics are a bit like ISS pro for the n64 at times.
shooting was bizzare

just pressed the shoot button and it went in the top corner twice.
not a chance of that happening on fifa with assisted.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2011, 10:36:09 am »
Pro evo is officially dead now.

R.I.P
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2011, 01:14:33 pm »
Fucking horrendous.

Game struggles to realise who's in control of the ball when dribbling
Game seems to be played in slow motion, all sense of pace has gone aside from passes and through balls
Keepers are honestly a disgrace to programming
Players try and volley it when you need a defensive header
Stiff animations all round
Poor animation leads to players fucking around off the ball and letting it bounce off them as the game decides what they're doing
Even the replays seem to run at about 10fps, with headache-inducing motion blur

If this had been a PS3 launch game, it would still have been fucking awful. That unskippable cutscene at the start doesn't help matters either. Pro Evo's back! Unfortunately.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »
Game seems to be played in slow motion, all sense of pace has gone aside from passes and through balls

Go to I think system settings and put the game speed up.  I play at +1 sometimes +2.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »
Go to I think system settings and put the game speed up.  I play at +1 sometimes +2.

Hmm, will try that later

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2011, 03:05:41 pm »
One thing that bugs me about this is why on earth are the options for automatic CPU shooting, Passing & tackling automatically set to 'on' and who the hell plays a footy game with these options on anyway?, anyone who does needs shot, or maybe just a good kicking. I wish the settings you have set for yourself were saved so i don't have to go through the whole process of turning CPU shooting, tackling & passing assistance off, cursor to semi-asissted, cursor display to wireless controll number, opponent cursor off, cursor display & stamina guage off and then pitchside cam everytime I start the demo up. Pretty irritating, though I realise the demo is just to try out the new AI & 2nd player controlling aspects of the game but it kinda puts me off wanting to have a game when it takes about ten minutes from the minute the demo starts up to kickoff.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2011, 10:10:45 pm »
It is a bad demo, no doubt.

I've played a version that is considerably better than that, and it was pretty good. All is not lost.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »
It is a bad demo, no doubt.

I've played a version that is considerably better than that, and it was pretty good. All is not lost.
Maybe the version you played will be the next demo release?

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2011, 10:14:38 pm »
If the next demo is better, it makes you wonder what Konami's thinking was in releasing this demo at all. Probably lost more potential buyers than gained

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »
Maybe the version you played will be the next demo release?

It could be, hopefully more advanced than that even.

I can totally understand people's response to the demo, I actually think it plays worse than the demo for PES2011.

Might be playing final code this week, fingers crossed.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #461 on: August 28, 2011, 12:25:49 am »
What a joke this game has become. they need to do a fifa and start from scratch
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: August 28, 2011, 01:20:10 pm »
If the next demo is better, it makes you wonder what Konami's thinking was in releasing this demo at all. Probably lost more potential buyers than gained

I think their thinking behind releasing it early was to give people an early chance to try out the new AI and second player controlling features. Though I was hoping that the demo would be the one from Gamescom (i think) where alot of the problems from early builds have been ironed out as no matter how much Konami scream that its quite an early build and nowhere near done there will be alot of people screaming even louder that its shit and wont be buying it on the basis of this first demo. Anyway, im not that bothered about the actual gameplay annoyances as like many have said the later codes have had these issues resolved and the game is much better so i'll look at this one objectivley and reserve judgement until the final code demo is out...though i'll be getting the full game anyway as i prefer pro evo to FIFA. I'll probably get both as usual cos half my mates play FIFA and half play pro but I always end up playing pro rather than FIFA when i'm on my own.

I just wish the default settings on the demo weren't so retarded   :no

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:21 pm »
I actually don't mind the demo but the ball sticking to the players feet even when sprinting is very annoying.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2011, 01:17:47 am »
its better than the previous pro evos on the ps3 but its still not as good as fifa in so many different departments. i like the pace of this new pro evo but i think the new fifa is going to have similar pace now due to the removal of the preassure system . the passing / movement of pro evo is still light years behind fifa.

to be honest i like it just because cavani is a beast . enjoyed scoring some great goals with him over the past 3 hours :D

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2011, 02:55:26 am »
I uninstalled PES2011. 2012 looks to be an improvement and I don't want to keep being frustrated by that game.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:14 am »
Anyway to run this on a Mac? I'm a proper noob.

Ta.
hi

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2011, 07:57:45 pm »
Anyway to run this on a Mac? I'm a proper noob.

Ta.

I don't think they make a Mac version. Try using Bootcamp or something like that.

Offline Chief.

• Kopite
« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
The ball seems to have no weight to it, instead of rolling on the ground, it seems to skid across the surface.

The ball physics are really poor. Looks like a beach ball in flight.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: September 11, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »
Im liking it alot myself.

The passing is great and they seemed to have fixed alot of the stuff that droves me nuts last year (AI, lack of pace, constant replays after fouls etc...). Still some annoying things here and there, but there's the basis of a very very good game there. Interested to see the final version.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #470 on: September 11, 2011, 08:09:59 pm »
Its still shite, I wont be buying it even if it is reduced to a fiver,

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #471 on: September 11, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »
I quite enjoyed it, but I would be annoyed if I was a fan. The goalkeepers seem to have got worse this year (if that's even possible) and almost every deflected shot on target goes in as the goalie seems incapable of switching his weight in the other direction. On the other hand I scored some beast goals that would never happen on Fifa and it seems harder to tackle players now.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #472 on: September 11, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
The 'proper' demo is due on the 14th, by the way.

Knives out  :rant

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:40 am »
So no one was interested in the demo that came out last night?

I gave it a quick go before going to bed. It plays almost exactly like the first demo, only it's quicker, keepers are somewhat better, and the controls are slightly more responsive. That's it. Essentially everything else is the same. Shooting is random where you'll either hit the target or balloon one into row Z. Oh, and the pressuring now seems to be a bit nuts in the same vain that Fifa 10 and 11 was, but not too bad. Overall, my opinion of it still stands from the first demo.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:30 am »
Oh was it last night? I'll download it now.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:37 pm »
Oh was it last night? I'll download it now.

Same thought it was tonight. Can't wait to get in and download this and fifa demo.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »
Had one game against the AI and so far...it's actually quite promising. I've picked up a few bad habits from FIFA (right stick burst pass a defender) and there are still things I can't unprogram myself from doing (attempting to do stepovers with the shoulder buttons and trying to shift quickly a la Pro Evo 2) but the game feels quite good. I played as AC Milan against Porto and won 2-0 comfortably on Top Player - is that because the AI is easier or is there such a disparity between the teams' ratings? I would've thought they would've been close, since we both lined up 4-3-3.

Might pick this up once it hits £17.99, that's pretty much my sweet spot and the only reason I've preordered FIFA 12 (thanks to thehut.com's strange deal). Be interested to see how demo 2 is, since I've heard that is a much newer build and more robust.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
Had one game against the AI and so far...it's actually quite promising. I've picked up a few bad habits from FIFA (right stick burst pass a defender) and there are still things I can't unprogram myself from doing (attempting to do stepovers with the shoulder buttons and trying to shift quickly a la Pro Evo 2) but the game feels quite good. I played as AC Milan against Porto and won 2-0 comfortably on Top Player - is that because the AI is easier or is there such a disparity between the teams' ratings? I would've thought they would've been close, since we both lined up 4-3-3.

Might pick this up once it hits £17.99, that's pretty much my sweet spot and the only reason I've preordered FIFA 12 (thanks to thehut.com's strange deal). Be interested to see how demo 2 is, since I've heard that is a much newer build and more robust.
You must of downloaded the first demo SMD. The second one has different teams on it. Downloading it now

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: September 14, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »
You must of downloaded the first demo SMD. The second one has different teams on it. Downloading it now

Err, I said that :P The second demo isn't for another two weeks, is it not?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 14, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »
Err, I said that :P The second demo isn't for another two weeks, is it not?
No its out since this morning, the first came out two weeks ago