Author Topic: PL: Sou 4 vs 4 Liv Jota 10’ 73’Bobby 14’ WP 19’ Sulemana 28’ 47’ Arm 64’ Gak 70’  (Read 15008 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I know he wasn't the only one to blame, but Kelleher was so weak in goal today. Probably his worst performance for us in a long time. Just shows how important Alisson is to this team.

I agree but it is a bit harsh to judge Kelleher when he hasn't played a first-team game for so long.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
And now for the most important thing, to argue for months about if a transfer is good or not.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Wretched season comes to an end. Though in fairness I mentally checked out a while back.

Let's see what shape this squad will be in come the start of the season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I agree but it is a bit harsh to judge Kelleher when he hasn't played a first-team game for so long.

Lack of game time hasn't really been that much of an issue in the past with him.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wretched season, fully self-inflicted from all. Time to regroup and reboot, lets go.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
And now for the most important thing, to argue for months about if a transfer is good or not.

You’re assuming there will be some…

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You’re assuming there will be some…

We're about to confirm the signing of one of them in  the next 10 days or so.  :P

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Wretched season, fully self-inflicted from all. Time to regroup and reboot, lets go.

Was it a wretched season though or likely to be the new norm?

For me, we have massively overachieved since Klopp arrived. I think those expecting us to automatically go back to 90+ seasons and challenge City season in, and season out may be in for a rude awakening. 

We are around fifty-fifty to get top 4 next season and around 10-1 to win the League.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Al, season's over mate. Shut the fuck up for a few months.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Al, season's over mate. Shut the fuck up for a few months.

Harsh!
 ;D

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
A kinda meh season for us, some highs , many lows but still 5th not as bad as it could have been, get back in the CL next season ,  whether by winning the Europa or being top 5 (starts next season 5 english teams due to records), we need that midfield sooner rather than later, big job this summer lets hope FSG realise it.  Looks like Mac is coming, would love us to go for Dominik Szoboszlai with Mac and Ugarte/Thuram/Gravenberch one of them three and maybe a Timber or Mickey van der ven for the defence, just hope its not Neves and Lavia though i guess atm anything with legs is better than what we have had for most of season in mid. game reflected the season brilliant  to awful to kinda meh. still what feels like a bad season in 5th aint too bad considering.

roll on next season (fsg get that wallet out or go).

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Or how much we have to spend.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Wretched season comes to an end. Though in fairness I mentally checked out a while back.

Is that just before we went on our long unbeaten run? Be great if you kept it that way.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan

For me, we have massively overachieved since Klopp arrived. I think those expecting us to automatically go back to 90+ seasons and challenge City season in, and season out may be in for a rude awakening. 

We are around fifty-fifty to get top 4 next season and around 10-1 to win the League.

I think top five gets CL footy from next season. Anyway I think we have underachieved to a degree this season.

In terms of our squad going forward I think it still has a lot a quality in it; however, to reach reach the heights of 90+ points and challenge City like we have in the past we have get the next couple of signings absolutely stop on in the way that did with Mane, Salah, VVD and Alisson. This will not be easy to do but it certainly is possible.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
About time this season ended, hopefully it will be good long period before pre-season even begins - they're all visibly knackered.

Excited about the possibility of a deep Europa League run

Onwards
The change is cast

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
The lad Sulemana reminds me of Manι
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

So would I running at Fabinho and Gomez

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fair point but there's more to him than that and only 21

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Today was his 18th League game for Southampton and the two he scored today are his own goals. He played 14 League games for Rennes and scored once.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Today was his 18th League game for Southampton and the two he scored today are his own goals. He played 14 League games for Rennes and scored once.

What's your point?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
What's your point?

Mane was always a prolific goalscorer. Sulamana isn't.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mane was always a prolific goalscorer. Sulamana isn't.

Could well score more goals in a better team in my opinion and there's more to a good forward than goals. We've just said goodbye to one.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sad but true
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I could only see highlights today, and I was too busy seeing the funny side of Fabinho's efforts for their first (was like a comedy mime act in a silent film) and third (failing miserably to put in the deliberate foul he was attempting, followed by Milner appearing to be twice as fast as him), to spot what Gomez was doing until multiple replays later - was actually impressive how far he sat off and how much space he offered (seemed like half the length of pitch from the ball to the goal). He may as well have held those coloured paddles people use at airports to steer people through safely.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 12:45:47 am by classycarra »

Offline UNO

• Kopite
I could only see highlights today, and I was too busy seeing the funny side of Fabinho's efforts for their first (was like a comedy mime act in a silent film) and third (failing miserably to put in the deliberate foul he was attempting, followed by Milner appearing to be twice as fast as him), to spot what Gomez was doing until multiple replays later - was actually impressive how far he sat off and how much space he offered (seemed like half the length of pitch from the ball to the goal). He may as well have held those coloured paddles people use at airports to steer people through safely.

Gomez did that all the time! I noticed that the first time when we lost to Atletic Madrid in our home knock out game. I was so mad with him but it seems none of the coaches at Liverpool have a word with him about this retreating habit. It’s so bad. I am sorry to say Gomez is not good enough to play CB for us any more, the position requires a top class CB given the way we defense. When he plays, our ridiculous defence returns. Moreover if Klopp still doesn’t realize we need to buy a better and faster DM then I will be very disappointed with him.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
I just can't believe we scored four goals but still couldn't win.

Good to see there is nothing wrong with our attacking line, they delivered goals and goals.

Just need to fix more on our defence and midfield. **Sulemana!!  8)  8)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 01:36:41 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thank god thats over.  At least we turned things around at the end of the season and have a bit of a positive foundation to build off for next season.  One of those positives is Gakpo.  He really surprised me, especially in that forward role. 

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Useful way to end the season: let's not kid ourselves that that winning streak against a bunch of bad teams can hide how dreaful we were for most of this season.

Huge amounts of change needed.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's alright for you lot being able to switch off from our games but I've got the massive League one play off final at Wembley to get through today.

With 2 Sheffield Wednesday supporting kids at Wembley for the game and a Barnsley supporting hubby at home watching, how the fuck do you stay impartial 🤷

At least I can be happy whoever wins but they won't 😟

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
Southampton's 3rd was terrible, we can't allow that type of goal to happen next season

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Southampton's 3rd was terrible, we can't allow that type of goal to happen next season

A reminder of why Joe Gomez is sadly done at this level, back-pedalling faster than most players can run, all the way to the penalty spot. In addition to two midfielders we need another centre back to be Ibou’s future partner and reduce the load on Virg.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A reminder of why Joe Gomez is sadly done at this level, back-pedalling faster than most players can run, all the way to the penalty spot. In addition to two midfielders we need another centre back to be Ibou’s future partner and reduce the load on Virg.
Thought it was really bizarre that we chose Gomez to play in the middle and Matip on the right.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
That goal was well taken by him, but a shambles of a goal from a defensive point of view. He could have back flipped from his own half then waltzed through us with his wife before slotting home. It was that bad.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
What a dire season.

Let’s hope we get the recruitment right and finally get a midfield that can compete.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
yesterday's game? meh

roll on next season and we are still in europe let's not forget

shitty times behind us - exciting times ahead
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Yes, let's blame a players whose had to sit on the bench for endless weeks who then gets thrown in with an entirely new back line in which to operate, and a midfield who is barely able to win one ball back in the entire game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Yes, let's blame a players whose had to sit on the bench for endless weeks who then gets thrown in with an entirely new back line in which to operate, and a midfield who is barely able to win one ball back in the entire game.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say that Gomez is done, he probably has a point. Gomez probably is done for us. He's obviously not solely to blame for some of the goals we conceded yesterday but the deficiencies that he has displayed throughout his whole career with us were on display yesterday for the umpteenth time. He probably belongs at a West Ham/Bournemouth etc type of club and not with us.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan

Give it a rest.  Or at least stick to the FSG thread.  Jesus