Poll

From 12th to bottom getting very tight down there. Who's your 3 to get flushed?

Crystal Palace
14 (2%)
Wolves
4 (0.6%)
Leeds
96 (13.7%)
Everton
139 (19.9%)
Notts Forest
102 (14.6%)
Leicester
56 (8%)
West Ham
9 (1.3%)
Bournemouth
75 (10.7%)
Southampton
205 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 238

Author Topic: Predictions for bottom 3/relegation  (Read 17953 times)

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Predictions for bottom 3/relegation
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2023, 01:47:13 am »
Sorry Everton, I have you going down.

With Southampton and Bournemouth.

It’s tight though. A win or two changes everything.
Bournemouth are now 7 points clear of 18th. not sure if that's realistic after they won earlier

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2023, 02:17:21 am »
Leeds - 34

Bournemouth (a) 1
Man City (a) 0
Newcastle (h) 0
West Ham (a) 0
Tottenham (h) 3

N. Forest - 36

Brentford (a) 0
Southampton (h) 3
Chelsea (a) 0
Arsenal (h) 0
C. Palace (a) 3

Leicester - 35

Everton (h) 3
Fulham (a) 0
Liverpool (h) 0
Newcastle (a) 0
West Ham (h) 3

Everton - 32

Leicester (a) 0
Brighton (a) 0
Man City (h) 0
Wolves (a) 1
Bournemouth (h) 3

Southampton - 25

Newcastle (a) 0
N. Forest (a) 0
Fulham (h) 1
Brighton (a) 0
Liverpool (h) 0

I have Southampton, Leeds and the loser of the Leicester/Everton match. Sorry Ev, you're down.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:19:47 am by Boaty McBoatface »

Online StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2023, 03:49:14 am »
Based on their current form and the remaining schedule, hard to see Leeds getting more than a point from those five.  Maybe they draw at Bournemouth or at home to Spurs, but 31 seems feasible. 

Don't think Southampton can get above 30. 

So, as many have noted, Leicester v. Everton is likely going to determine the final spot. 

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2023, 08:14:47 am »
Find it odd Bournemouth have more or less escaped, even when they beat us I still thought they were a very poor side. Leeds really need to beat them this weekend. Forest ideally need to beat Brentford too but think Brentford might have too much for them.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2023, 05:18:04 pm »
Leeds - 30

Bournemouth (a)
Man City (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)
Tottenham (h)

N. Forest - 30

Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
C. Palace (a)

Leicester - 29

Everton (h)
Fulham (a)
Liverpool (h)
Newcastle (a)
West Ham (h)

Everton - 28

Leicester (a)
Brighton (a)
Man City (h)
Wolves (a)
Bournemouth (h)

Southampton - 24

Newcastle (a)
N. Forest (a)
Fulham (h)
Brighton (a)
Liverpool (h)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2023, 05:31:44 pm »
Leeds better hope Bournemouth are on the beach and West Ham end up going to extra time against AZ Alkmaar before they play them because I can't see them getting more than 2 points out of those fixtures.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2023, 05:34:19 pm »
Leeds better hope Bournemouth are on the beach and West Ham end up going to extra time against AZ Alkmaar before they play them because I can't see them getting more than 2 points out of those fixtures.

Leeds and Everton are still my two to go down
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 05:41:27 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2023, 05:35:21 pm »
Forest, Southampton and Leeds to go down

Would ideally want Southampton, Leicester and Everton

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2023, 05:46:05 pm »
Leeds at best will draw with B'mth and Spurs = 32 points

Can see Forest beat Saints, maybe one other point = 33/34 pts

Leicester will get 4 points from Everton/west ham, none elsewhere = 33

Everton will beat Wolves and Bournemouth, and a point somewhere else = 35

They're staying up, again  :no

Saints and Leeds are fucked. Between Leicester and Forest for the other spot. If Leicester beat Everton they'll stay up
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 06:15:28 pm by Mozology »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2023, 05:51:32 pm »
Everton win games as in plural?  They're gone.  ;D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2023, 06:04:06 pm »
Last day escape no doubt, Leeds Forest and Southamption for the drop.

If it does go to the last day I'm fucking off somewhere for the day/night. I live next door to the Pit and can't be arsed with those celebrations deep into the night like last season.

Their was armed coppers and cops with dogs and loads of police cars and vans lining County Road until about 3am, cos everything got out of hand.

I'd rather they won the Relegation Battle Cup at Wolves to be honest.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2023, 06:45:13 pm »
Leeds at best will draw with B'mth and Spurs = 32 points

Can see Forest beat Saints, maybe one other point = 33/34 pts

Leicester will get 4 points from Everton/west ham, none elsewhere = 33

Everton will beat Wolves and Bournemouth, and a point somewhere else = 35

They're staying up, again  :no

Saints and Leeds are fucked. Between Leicester and Forest for the other spot. If Leicester beat Everton they'll stay up

I suppose everything is possible in football, but it is more likely that we will finish 3rd, than Everton doing that ...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2023, 06:48:24 pm »
If Everton lose at Leicester, they are toast. A draw would keep them in the race as Forest and Leeds are shite as well. I think Leicester avoids and it will be Southampton, Forest and Everton/Leeds.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2023, 09:06:44 pm »
Southampton, Forest and Leeds.  Think Everton will lose the next three but pick up a point at Wolves and escape on the last day.  Just can’t see Forest and Leeds picking up enough points. Forest have to beat Southampton and Leeds need to get at least a point at Bournemouth.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2023, 09:19:48 pm »
Southampton, Forest and Leeds.  Think Everton will lose the next three but pick up a point at Wolves and escape on the last day.  Just can’t see Forest and Leeds picking up enough points. Forest have to beat Southampton and Leeds need to get at least a point at Bournemouth.

Sad to say but that's the 3 for me. Leeds are made of eggshells, Forest have got that "coulda, shoulda, woulda" feel to them. They had 3 points and ended up with nothing again today. Not the first time either.
Can see Everton scraping a draw Monday and another spawney point before getting 4 points from the last 2 games.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2023, 09:32:42 pm »
We are putting a lot of faith in Everton getting points.

In the 13 games Dyche took over they have gotten 13 points. In the last 5 games they got 2 points. They also have major issues scoring

But now they will get a minimum of 6 points in the last 5 games.

We need to take stock that yes the teams around Everton are really bad, but they are also REALLY bad on all mectrics

Monday is do or die I think - if they don't win it'll take a hell of a lot for them

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2023, 09:38:21 pm »
We are putting a lot of faith in Everton getting points.

In the 13 games Dyche took over they have gotten 13 points. In the last 5 games they got 2 points. They also have major issues scoring

But now they will get a minimum of 6 points in the last 5 games.

We need to take stock that yes the teams around Everton are really bad, but they are also REALLY bad on all mectrics

Monday is do or die I think - if they don't win it'll take a hell of a lot for them

Yeah, if they don't get 3 points on Monday, I can't see them getting anything away at Brighton (still in the chase of a top 4 spot) or at home against Man City. Going into the last 2 games away at Wolves and home against Bournemouth with 28 or even 29 points would be too much for this poor Everton team ...

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2023, 09:42:52 pm »
"Everton won't get a single point from their remaining games"

Haven't we been hearing this Superfan Redman shite every year, and every year they stay up.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2023, 09:51:37 pm »
"Everton won't get a single point from their remaining games"

Haven't we been hearing this Superfan Redman shite every year, and every year they stay up.

You don't really watch them play, don't you? At the moment, they are the worst team in the league. Even Southampton are capable of scoring some goals and making games interesting. You've seen how tricky Forest are. Leeds at least have some players who can score. Leicester also have some attacking threat. Everton have none of that. They have the worst attack in the league. They score a goal every 119 minutes ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2023, 09:54:55 pm »
Sad to say but that's the 3 for me. Leeds are made of eggshells, Forest have got that "coulda, shoulda, woulda" feel to them. They had 3 points and ended up with nothing again today. Not the first time either.
Can see Everton scraping a draw Monday and another spawney point before getting 4 points from the last 2 games.

Forest do have Southampton at home and a trip to a very poor Chelsea coming up. If Leicester can beat Everton Monday, Forest beat Southampton at home and Brighton beat the shite as expected, that's Forest 5 pts clear of them. I can't see Leeds getting anything from their remaining games
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2023, 10:03:22 pm »
Southampton and Leeds are defo gone, I don't see Leeds getting a single point more. Third team depends - if Leicester win on Monday and Forest beat Southampton at home I think it will be hard for Everton, they'd need to beat both Wolves and Bournemouth realistically - that'd be 33% of the wins the've managed all season. It's do-able, I suppose. If Everton win on Monday I think they might just escape.

Had Forest have won tooday I think Everton would have been toast, annoying.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2023, 09:42:30 am »
Everton Leicester will decide it. If Everton get 3 points they will scrape it again. If they lose I think they're down unless they win vs Wolves or Brighton.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2023, 09:59:07 am »
Leeds will beat Spurs last game of the season if they need to. There will be absolutely no fight from Spurs in that one.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2023, 11:22:50 pm »
Forest throwing that away yesterday felt like a big moment. If they don’t beat Southampton next game they’re gone I reckon.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2023, 11:27:12 pm »
Everton Leicester will decide it. If Everton get 3 points they will scrape it again. If they lose I think they're down unless they win vs Wolves or Brighton.

Yeh, a win at Leicester will give them a bit of weak momentum to attempt to get a couple more points.

One thing in Forest’s favour us they can score goals, unlike Everton.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #145 on: May 1, 2023, 12:41:59 am »
Even with their generally poor defence, Meslier seems to be on a one man mission to take Leeds down, which is hardly ideal.

Dosser. Plain and simple.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #146 on: May 1, 2023, 03:18:21 am »
Forest throwing that away yesterday felt like a big moment. If they don’t beat Southampton next game they’re gone I reckon.
They played well, just ran out of luck with the injury and no substitutions left. That's down to management, not the players. The way they played in the last few games, Forest may stay up.

I'd go for Leeds and Ev to go down.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #147 on: May 1, 2023, 10:48:36 am »
They played well, just ran out of luck with the injury and no substitutions left. That's down to management, not the players. The way they played in the last few games, Forest may stay up.

I'd go for Leeds and Ev to go down.
Sometimes it’s bad luck that becomes the deciding factor. I didn’t see the game but had it on radio 5 and with 10 mins to go really thought they were getting a massive 3 points. Haven’t seen the equaliser but it sounded like a weird one. Then that 90+4 minute winner was a sickener for them….and huge for the other teams down there. Can’t predict tonight at all, should be interesting!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #148 on: May 1, 2023, 05:02:47 pm »
Sometimes it’s bad luck that becomes the deciding factor. I didn’t see the game but had it on radio 5 and with 10 mins to go really thought they were getting a massive 3 points. Haven’t seen the equaliser but it sounded like a weird one. Then that 90+4 minute winner was a sickener for them….and huge for the other teams down there. Can’t predict tonight at all, should be interesting!
I thought at 1-0 that they'd get the three points. They were not the better team on the field, but were well organized and allowed few chances, while they also created now and then. But using all 5 substitutions with 15 min still to play was not the smartest decision... The last 10+ min they played with a man down after the hamstring injury. They still looked like they have a chance of holding on to the point.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 1, 2023, 05:08:56 pm »
Forest beat Southampton at the weekend, then 4 points for Everton against Wolves & Bournemouth wouldn't be enough for Everton (assuming they lose against Leicester, Brighton & Man City). Everton would need to win both games which seems very unlikely.

Forest also have to play against an awful Chelsea side, and Arsenal who will likely be out of the title race by the time they play them too. They may even sneak a draw against Palace on the last day.

Forest are the best chance of sending Everton down imo.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #150 on: May 1, 2023, 05:11:04 pm »
Southampton and Leeds are done imo. If Everton or Leicester win today, they'll be safe. If it's a draw, honestly think Everton will stay up.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #151 on: May 1, 2023, 05:13:31 pm »
Southampton and Leeds are done imo. If Everton or Leicester win today, they'll be safe. If it's a draw, honestly think Everton will stay up.

Think Leicester win and they will be confident of staying up. Everton win and it’s still unsure.

Massive game though, cagey and then explosive the later it gets
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 1, 2023, 05:17:35 pm »
Think Leicester win and they will be confident of staying up. Everton win and it’s still unsure.

Massive game though, cagey and then explosive the later it gets

If Dean Smith can get the players believing in themselves, they should beat the shite and pick up points in their remaining games. Ideally they get something at Fulham, lose to us, beat the Saudis .......

Forest must fancy themselves to beat Southampton at home and Chelsea away is a game they must think they won't get worse than a draw. Arsenal might have totally imploded by the time they visit Forest too.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #153 on: May 1, 2023, 05:34:51 pm »
Leeds conceded 23 goals in April  :o

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #154 on: May 1, 2023, 05:37:09 pm »
yeah I think they are done, the only positive for them is they have more points than the bottom 3 at present but think it's them, Southampton and one from Forest, Leicester and the Bitters
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 1, 2023, 05:40:54 pm »

Yeah, their defence is shite. But, they have also managed to score 8, while Everton have only managed to score 3 ...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 1, 2023, 05:47:30 pm »
Whoever loses tonight can kiss their arse goodbye.

What do you reckon?

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #157 on: May 1, 2023, 05:55:58 pm »

What do you reckon?

For sure and Leicester City have the home advantage (whatever that's worth for a team that's been just as garbage as Everton). I have a feeling it'll be a draw, though?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #158 on: May 1, 2023, 05:57:19 pm »

What do you reckon?

I’d say it Leicester lost they’re still more likely to recover and would have a chance of staying up.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #159 on: May 1, 2023, 06:18:52 pm »

What do you reckon?

Leicester probably have the nicest fixtures left on paper but if they lost at home to Everton it'll look very ominous. Never really works like that though, they could lose tonight and still win the rest. If they get the job done tonight they'll probably only need one more win.

I can't see Everton taking anything from City and Brighton, so if they lose tonight I'd like to think they'll be cooked. Should that happen and Forest beat Southampton I think they are fucked. That would leave Forest on 33, and another win after that would surely save them. That collapse on Saturday might just have thrown Everton (and even Leeds tbf) a lifeline

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019