Author Topic: Wearing Colours - Liverpool Performance  (Read 2171 times)

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
Wearing Colours - Liverpool Performance
« on: February 23, 2023, 02:51:57 pm »
Hey everyone, my friend is putting on a couple of performances of the below play in town, it's up on hope street and it's not just for football fans. If anyone wants to attend, the link for tickets is below.

Wearing Colours is a play set before and in the immediate aftermath of the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985. The play explores the reactions of 4 unique individuals on the 29th May 1985.

The play was written by Liverpool writer John Dillon and performed only five months after the tragedy
by the Vauxy Theatre. It received excellent reviews and subsequently went on to have great success at the Edinburgh Festival the following year, even being the subject of a BBC2 documentary. The play reopened in the Liverpool Playhouse Studio once more to great acclaim by audiences.

Wherever it was seen, it touched a nerve and allowed fans to grieve for the victims, a grief which had been suppressed by associated guilt. But the play was not just about Heysel, not just for LFC supporters and not just for football fans.
It’s content was a comment on the human condition when people become embroiled in unexpected and challenging events, reacting in very personal ways.

The play went on to be made into a TV drama and was broadcast on ITV in the Yorkshire television region on the 29th
May 1990. The play was last performed in Liverpool in September 2008 at the Unity Theatre.

https://ticketquarter.co.uk/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=2D461323-341A-4E2F-9FE5-1494D1F3D05A&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=0F925C2B-3A1F-4190-AF5F-3CEA7BDD3C95
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wearing Colours - Liverpool Performance
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 07:57:44 pm »
Looks interesting this, think I'll get a ticket.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 08:08:29 pm »
Was this a book also? Sounds very similar to a novel I read years ago, which told the Heysel story from a few different people's perspectives

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2023, 01:14:14 pm »
Was this a book also? Sounds very similar to a novel I read years ago, which told the Heysel story from a few different people's perspectives

i dont think it was, as far as i know its just been a play and on the tv, its sold out for the two nights which is amazing.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Belmont butty

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: March 9, 2023, 07:57:08 pm »
If I remember rightly, I saw a performance in a community centre in Croxteth either '85 or'86. Given it was so soon after the event, was a raw yet powerful piece of theatre. Glad to see a revival; hopefully more dates are planned?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:21:46 pm »
If I remember rightly, I saw a performance in a community centre in Croxteth either '85 or'86. Given it was so soon after the event, was a raw yet powerful piece of theatre. Glad to see a revival; hopefully more dates are planned?

They've added an extra date now on the 23rd.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Belmont butty

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 05:11:37 pm »
They've added an extra date now on the 23rd.

Ta

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2023, 09:48:21 pm »
Just got back from the performance tonight, thought it was excellent. Hope anyone else going this week enjoys it.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John