Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 89504 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #920 on: June 17, 2023, 10:35:31 pm »
It staggers me every time… just how dreadful Ferrari are.

The start of the 2022 season, they had a car on a par with the Red Bull.

Now?  An absolute pile of shit.  What are they doing?  And where is that ‘great driver’ people were talking about last year?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #921 on: June 17, 2023, 10:57:40 pm »
It staggers me every time… just how dreadful Ferrari are.

The start of the 2022 season, they had a car on a par with the Red Bull.

Now?  An absolute pile of shit.  What are they doing?  And where is that ‘great driver’ people were talking about last year?

There is something very wrong about the relationship between Leclerc and Ferrari you really feel as though he needs to get away from them, there is a lot of tension there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: June 18, 2023, 02:24:06 am »
Hulkenberg 3 grid spot penalty. Red Flag violation

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: June 18, 2023, 12:34:31 pm »
From practice the Aston was quicker in race trim than the mercs so I expect it to finish Max, Alonso, Merc Merc.

Questions in my mind are these.

How long will Red Bull put up with Perez? And how long before something ‘big’ happens at Ferrari? (Leclerc walking out for example)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: June 18, 2023, 01:21:10 pm »
Put up with Perez? That’s a bonkers statement. He was pretty much level on points until recently but has had two poor qualifying sessions that wrecked his race.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #925 on: June 18, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
Put up with Perez? That’s a bonkers statement. He was pretty much level on points until recently but has had two poor qualifying sessions that wrecked his race.

it's less daft than thinking leclerc might "walk out"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: June 18, 2023, 01:54:53 pm »
Yeah, fair enough… “if this carries on” is a caveat.  Whinged spice is notoriously impatient when someone isn’t delivering

;D

Ok, I don’t think that’s likely, but I can’t see the status quo going on there with out something exploding somewhere (and I don’t mean the car).

They’re so incredibly political that it can’t be easy there.

W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: June 18, 2023, 02:28:41 pm »

There are huge issues going on between Leclerc and Ferrari at the moment, at times he seems wildly emotional which can't be a good thing long term and certainly not short term either considering the last two races.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #928 on: June 18, 2023, 02:31:23 pm »
There are huge issues going on between Leclerc and Ferrari at the moment, at times he seems wildly emotional which can't be a good thing long term and certainly not short term either considering the last two races.

That may well be the case but nobody's going to quit their team during the season.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: June 18, 2023, 02:37:25 pm »
That may well be the case but nobody's going to quit their team during the season.
Can you not see something of a ‘blow up’ coming?  They can’t carry on like this surely?
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2023, 02:41:23 pm »
Can you not see something of a ‘blow up’ coming?  They can’t carry on like this surely?

I tend to go on history, not histrionics, and that kind of thing just doesn't happen in season. They might have team reshuffle or whatever but vasseur seems pretty set and in season driver changes are very rare, especially if you take red bull's recent history out.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: June 18, 2023, 02:44:33 pm »
I tend to go on history, not histrionics, and that kind of thing just doesn't happen in season. They might have team reshuffle or whatever but vasseur seems pretty set and in season driver changes are very rare, especially if you take red bull's recent history out.
Not talking about an in season driver change, very unlikely…. But surely something behind the scenes? It’s such a long season.
W

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #932 on: June 18, 2023, 03:59:41 pm »
The thing is, while it’s true that Ferrari have fucked up (and continue to do so), Leclerc has made mistakes too - so he can’t always blame the team.   If it was all one-way, then I’d imagine there’d be more grievances and potential for a bust-up. 

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #933 on: June 18, 2023, 04:05:41 pm »
Not talking about an in season driver change, very unlikely…. But surely something behind the scenes? It’s such a long season.

most of the time that kind of thing happens between seasons, but they might well have some internal moves or something.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: June 18, 2023, 06:42:20 pm »
Such a better grid walk this.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #935 on: June 18, 2023, 06:57:35 pm »
Those rear wings on the 2016 cars were weird

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #936 on: June 18, 2023, 07:04:26 pm »
poor start from alonso

the air coming off the train of cars really does batter those trees around the circuit
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 07:06:19 pm by voodoo ray »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: June 18, 2023, 07:19:08 pm »
Safety car.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: June 18, 2023, 07:19:22 pm »
Russell hits the wall.

Safety car

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #939 on: June 18, 2023, 07:19:52 pm »
from O canada to oh george.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: June 18, 2023, 07:19:53 pm »
Unsafe release

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: June 18, 2023, 07:20:10 pm »
That release will be looked at.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: June 18, 2023, 07:21:09 pm »
That's right on the edge

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: June 18, 2023, 07:21:28 pm »
That’s not unsafe when you see the Alonso onboard. Alonso clearly exaggerating it, F1 equivalent of a dive.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #944 on: June 18, 2023, 07:24:24 pm »
ferrari decide not to pit either car. more genius stategy?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: June 18, 2023, 07:34:08 pm »
Nicely done Lando.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: June 18, 2023, 07:40:08 pm »
Still on for my prediction bar Russel finding the wall
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: June 18, 2023, 07:52:47 pm »
:lmao way to go off
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #948 on: June 18, 2023, 07:54:52 pm »
Yeah that's the wrong way.

De vries has been poorer than expected.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: June 18, 2023, 07:56:35 pm »
Norris getting 5 sec penalty

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: June 18, 2023, 07:57:29 pm »
Norris getting 5 sec penalty

Bugger off stewards.  ::)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: June 18, 2023, 07:57:51 pm »
Wasn’t convinced by the Ferrari strategy of not pitting during the safety car but actually it’s looking like a good call.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: June 18, 2023, 08:06:33 pm »
This has been a dreadful race and we now have a faster car being told to stay behind his teammate !

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: June 18, 2023, 08:18:12 pm »
Russell retiring break issues.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #954 on: June 18, 2023, 08:19:09 pm »
Fuck sake, I thought the race was on at 9pm for some reason  :butt

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #955 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:07 pm »
Someone should pay a Haas or Williams to just run into Max and this would be pretty good.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #956 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:11 pm »
Albon doing a cracking trulli impression

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:40 pm »
Fuck sake, I thought the race was on at 9pm for some reason  :butt
Hardly anything has happened
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: June 18, 2023, 08:37:57 pm »
How many laps in a row has Max led now? What's the record?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: June 18, 2023, 08:38:51 pm »
Yawn fest that
W