Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 89494 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #840 on: June 3, 2023, 03:31:06 pm »
Well that was an interesting Q1. Perez lucky that Leclerc is being dogshit too or he’d have been out.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2023, 11:29:28 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: June 3, 2023, 04:13:36 pm »
Like the look of this grid for tomorrow. Looks like a good battle for 2nd and 3rd.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #842 on: June 3, 2023, 04:16:03 pm »
Well  that was fairly unpredictable anyway other than the obvious pole position.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: June 3, 2023, 04:37:33 pm »
Max backed out of his final lap, so the gaps probably arent a true reflection but that is an interesting grid, to say the least

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #844 on: June 3, 2023, 05:49:58 pm »
Interesting qualifying ….Hamilton should have been second, he had the pace, just didn’t hook it allup.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: June 3, 2023, 07:29:11 pm »
Forecast light rain from 11:00am until 1:00pm and then heavier after that

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #846 on: June 3, 2023, 07:30:05 pm »
gasly 6 place grid penalty for 2 instances of blocking. tsk tsk.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: June 3, 2023, 08:09:30 pm »
Forecast light rain from 11:00am until 1:00pm and then heavier after that
race is schedule for 3 right?
Is going be clear enough to race at some point

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: June 3, 2023, 08:38:15 pm »
Some weather sites are saying no rain though so have to wait and see

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: June 3, 2023, 09:38:58 pm »
gasly 6 place grid penalty for 2 instances of blocking. tsk tsk.

Not surprised. The one on Sainz (I think) in the final corner was pretty dangerous. Moved from off the racing line onto it as Sainz was steaming round.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: June 4, 2023, 01:52:27 pm »
should be more overtaking on the straight, with the chicane gone, as the cars will be closer on the run up ..

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #851 on: June 4, 2023, 02:06:13 pm »
great start and first corner from verstappen on the mediums.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: June 4, 2023, 02:16:56 pm »
Promising signs for Merc so far, they look faster than the Astons now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #853 on: June 4, 2023, 03:00:57 pm »
These Ferrari strategies 🤣
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #854 on: June 4, 2023, 03:04:48 pm »
people always go on about this circuit being a good measure of how good a car is, and if that's true merc can be very pleased.

curious how leclerc has been just a bit shite both yesterday and today too.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: June 4, 2023, 03:31:15 pm »
people always go on about this circuit being a good measure of how good a car is, and if that's true merc can be very pleased.

Trouble is, that Mercedes were quick here last year too. The track suits their car

Time will tell I guess
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: June 4, 2023, 03:41:45 pm »
It's a bit shit for the armchair fan if Red Bull/Max are just going to canter to a win every race.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #857 on: June 4, 2023, 03:43:26 pm »
brilliant. George seemed to hear "are you getting on it?" and replied "well I am staying here tonight so why not?"

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: June 4, 2023, 05:26:02 pm »
Bit shit that race

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: June 4, 2023, 05:30:28 pm »
Bit shit that race

I thought it was pretty good, probably best of the season.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #860 on: June 4, 2023, 05:32:18 pm »
I thought that was a decent race. as a viewer you just have to ignore verstappen, presume he'll win and watch what goes on behind him.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: June 4, 2023, 06:21:47 pm »

Something was definitely going on with the car in my opinion.  Even Brundle was saying that it looked an absolute handful in the race.  Idiotic "Leclerc is dogshit" comments aside, you don't go from being on pole and 4/10ths up on your teammate to 6/10ths down and out in Q1 at the same circuit from one season to the next unless there's an issue.  Whatever else people may say about Leclerc, anybody who thinks that he doesn't have good one lap (quali) pace is frankly a moron.

In terms of Catalunya being a measure of how good a car is, I don't wish to sound condescending, but I think that you've perhaps got that backwards.  It's more that teams know more how their car will perform given their strengths and weaknesses at that particular circuit given the amount of testing done there. 

I share your view in the ignoring Verstappen thing, but I do really miss the drama of 2021.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #862 on: June 4, 2023, 10:44:58 pm »
If that was best race of season it's not saying much. I thought it was boring
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #863 on: June 4, 2023, 10:57:07 pm »
Something was definitely going on with the car in my opinion.  Even Brundle was saying that it looked an absolute handful in the race.  Idiotic "Leclerc is dogshit" comments aside, you don't go from being on pole and 4/10ths up on your teammate to 6/10ths down and out in Q1 at the same circuit from one season to the next unless there's an issue.  Whatever else people may say about Leclerc, anybody who thinks that he doesn't have good one lap (quali) pace is frankly a moron.

In terms of Catalunya being a measure of how good a car is, I don't wish to sound condescending, but I think that you've perhaps got that backwards.  It's more that teams know more how their car will perform given their strengths and weaknesses at that particular circuit given the amount of testing done there. 

I share your view in the ignoring Verstappen thing, but I do really miss the drama of 2021.

nah it's always been thought of as a good test of a car's capabilities. fuck knows if that's still the case, my info there could well be quite a few years old which wouldn't surprise me.

2021 had hamilton and verstappen swapping wins but they weren't exactly racing each other on track every week. it was a dramatic title race without being actually all that dramatic on track, except the ending obviously.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: June 5, 2023, 10:58:28 am »
nah it's always been thought of as a good test of a car's capabilities. fuck knows if that's still the case, my info there could well be quite a few years old which wouldn't surprise me.

2021 had hamilton and verstappen swapping wins but they weren't exactly racing each other on track every week. it was a dramatic title race without being actually all that dramatic on track, except the ending obviously.
Spain, COTA, Brasil, Saudi, Bahrain, France, Silverstone ( the sprint at least )...thats quite a lot. Doesnt include the dramatics of Monza.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #865 on: June 5, 2023, 11:33:22 am »
Spain, COTA, Brasil, Saudi, Bahrain, France, Silverstone ( the sprint at least )...thats quite a lot. Doesnt include the dramatics of Monza.

fair enough. might be because unless someone had much fresher tyres or something I never felt like an actual overtake was all that likely that season up front. they just drove around a few car lengths behind each other while croft got all excited saying thing like "now is X close enough to make a move?.............no he's not"

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: June 8, 2023, 06:25:41 pm »
Montreal always one of my favourite races. Really hope it’s not at risk of cancellation this weekend

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #867 on: June 8, 2023, 06:28:26 pm »
Montreal always one of my favourite races. Really hope it’s not at risk of cancellation this weekend

it won't be cancelled this weekend because it's not on this weekend.  ;)

I saw something earlier saying they were expecting it to go ahead as normal.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: June 10, 2023, 02:40:43 pm »
24 hours of Le Mans starts in about 20 minutes for anyone wanting some racing (or if you're looking to avoid the CL final). The hypercar class should be compelling with Ferrari on pole; Toyota and Porsche will be chasing them down.

NASCAR also has an entry in Garage 56 with Jenson Button, Jimmie Johnson, and Mike Rockenfeller driving
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 02:42:51 pm by On Axis »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #869 on: June 10, 2023, 02:42:42 pm »
I only very loosely follow the wec but I do always watch le mans (not all 24 hours of it though obviously)

this is the most interesting in years because it's not just a forgone conclusion that toyota will win.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: June 10, 2023, 02:44:05 pm »
I only very loosely follow the wec but I do always watch le mans (not all 24 hours of it though obviously)

this is the most interesting in years because it's not just a forgone conclusion that toyota will win.
Yeah, Toyota got hit hard by balance of performance adjustments. They can still win but it won't be easy, for once.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #871 on: June 10, 2023, 03:05:13 pm »
and someone's stuck it in the wall on lap 1. that poor pit crew, getting past all the pre-race hype and settling in to chill for a bit and then........nope, time to get ready to be really busy already.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: June 11, 2023, 10:32:31 am »
The mechanics are the ones who have it hard…

How do they do it?
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #873 on: June 11, 2023, 10:36:56 am »
The mechanics are the ones who have it hard…

How do they do it?

Cocaine?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: June 11, 2023, 11:35:42 am »
5 second gap with 3 and a half hours to go… this is a genuine race right to the end!
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #875 on: June 11, 2023, 04:15:29 pm »
A Ferrari crew being able to manage a changeable race and get vital strategy calls right? I do not believe you.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #876 on: June 11, 2023, 04:18:10 pm »
A Ferrari crew being able to manage a changeable race and get vital strategy calls right? I do not believe you.

even more unbelievable was giovinazzi actually winning something.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: June 11, 2023, 05:09:11 pm »
Forza Ferrari!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2023, 06:59:58 pm »
What a joke this is.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2023, 07:10:28 pm »
What a joke this is.
And the FP2 will be washed out and no fan will even sniff a refund. Modern sport!