Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 89468 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #2320 on: November 29, 2023, 11:01:52 pm »
I think there are a couple of wild card moves out there

Dani Ric has one more Alonso style big move in him

Schumacher is still waiting for his chance. Development drive for mercedes is an incredible chance but he'll want a drive sometime

Sainz and Perez have not been great number 2 drivers for their team

Haas have always been unpredictable with their seats

I think Sainz has been decent. He’s finished only 6 points behind Leclerc this season and got the only non-RB race win.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2321 on: November 29, 2023, 11:49:09 pm »
Add Hungary to that list.

Schumacher might even have won that year until McLaren’s de facto no 2 driver (Coulthard) took him out at a rainy Spa by lifting off on the racing line while being lapped, having ignored half a dozen blue flags. Had it happened to a British driver we’d never have heard the last of it!

The best years in F1 are those rare occasions where a great driver in the second best car challenges for the title. It’s so damn hard though. It’s why I’d like to see Lewis or Max go to Ferrari at some point and turn round the shambles there.

Max or Hamilton would make close to zero difference in "sorting out the shambles" at Ferrari.  Drivers play very little part in developing the cars and wouldn't fix the numerous tactical blunders either.   Both great drivers, but who would be WDC without Max at Red Bull this year? Perez. Fuckin' Perez, who's driven like crap for a large portion of the season as is in no way a top-tier driver by f1 standards.  Why? Because the team is strong as a whole and because they have a genius in Newey, who has overseen the design of an absolute rocket ship.  Again, I'm not questioning the driving talent of either Lewis or Max, but rather how much they can really influence development or improve results as a whole if other components are lacking. 

I think Sainz has been decent. He’s finished only 6 points behind Leclerc this season and got the only non-RB race win.

I think that Sainz is a good driver.  That said, Charles has had some absolutely horrible luck this year and been screwed by Ferrari's "strategy" far more than Sainz, so the 6 point gap somewhat flatters Carlos in my opinion.  His drive for the non-RB win that you mention though was really impressive.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 11:53:50 pm by Darren G »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2322 on: November 30, 2023, 11:38:16 am »
I think there are a couple of wild card moves out there

Dani Ric has one more Alonso style big move in him

Schumacher is still waiting for his chance. Development drive for mercedes is an incredible chance but he'll want a drive sometime

Sainz and Perez have not been great number 2 drivers for their team

Haas have always been unpredictable with their seats

I am thinking Danny ric is yesterdays man

Last few years his career has bombed

He is 34 now, not looking good.

It is mad how young Lance Stroll is, he has been around years
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2323 on: November 30, 2023, 11:48:05 am »
I think sainz gets a lot more criticism than is really justified for some reason

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: November 30, 2023, 12:57:16 pm »
I am thinking Danny ric is yesterdays man

Last few years his career has bombed

He is 34 now, not looking good.

It is mad how young Lance Stroll is, he has been around years

Even more so with Max. 11 months older than Stroll and 2 more seasons in the sport. 

Agree about Danny.  I think that his last chance at the 'big time' was the long-shot of him having a stellar season since stepping in at Alpha and Red Bull getting shot of Perez. Obviously the injury didn't help with momentum and we'll get a better picture next season,  but I do tend to think that he's done.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: November 30, 2023, 01:16:40 pm »
Schumacher might even have won that year until McLaren’s de facto no 2 driver (Coulthard) took him out at a rainy Spa by lifting off on the racing line while being lapped, having ignored half a dozen blue flags. Had it happened to a British driver we’d never have heard the last of it!

https://youtu.be/yN10hXcuCzo?feature=shared

"Are you f trying to kill me?"

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2326 on: November 30, 2023, 01:40:43 pm »
https://youtu.be/yN10hXcuCzo?feature=shared

"Are you f trying to kill me?"

I think coulthard did admit in later years it was his fault for lifting on the racing line, the conditions didnt help, there was a shot from behind where you see nothing at all and then suddenly SMASH

that said if you are apportioning blame then DC has to be the one to blame, funny enough Schumacher said a couple of weeks later it wasnt coulthards fault

aww well hindsight and all that

Maybe I will do one of my season reviews, its been a while, 1998 I think would be good
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 01:42:17 pm by paulrazor »

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2327 on: November 30, 2023, 04:59:56 pm »
I’m enjoying the Brawn documentary on Disney+

I find Keanu Reeves a pretty awful interviewer, though.  Takes an age to ask a question and just says “fuck” a lot.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2328 on: December 1, 2023, 07:10:35 pm »
Sargeant confirmed to Williams next season

Technically every driver has a contract with their respective teams for next season.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2329 on: December 2, 2023, 12:06:43 am »
Zzzzzz. Next season is already boring.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2330 on: December 2, 2023, 03:12:11 am »
Serious question, and I apologise if it's been previously discussed on this thread.

A good friend of mine told me that he loved Lewis Hamilton and everything that he's achieved but was struggling to understand the feeling of antipathy towards him. I'm black and he's white, for context. I have a rough idea but my answer is not absolute. It's clearly an ongoing conversation but I wonder if anyone else here harbours those same feelings towards him without really understanding why?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2331 on: December 2, 2023, 09:55:06 am »
Serious question, and I apologise if it's been previously discussed on this thread.

A good friend of mine told me that he loved Lewis Hamilton and everything that he's achieved but was struggling to understand the feeling of antipathy towards him. I'm black and he's white, for context. I have a rough idea but my answer is not absolute. It's clearly an ongoing conversation but I wonder if anyone else here harbours those same feelings towards him without really understanding why?

good job opening that can of worms.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2332 on: December 2, 2023, 11:13:54 am »

Well I do recall slander towards Lewis when he came into the sport, laughing about his 'bling' and that he pretty much wasn't what you'd expect from an F1 driver. This from the most garish, materialistic sport there is.

It was, and still is, a rich white man's sport, based in upper class origins. The Verstappen crew and their entourage just prove that with their horrendous attitude, in amongst the endless Tories on the grid (that slimeball Christian Horner for example).

Along with football, F1 is a nostalgia fest and I loved but the diversity of the sport is lagging so far behind other sports, both in terms of fan attitudes and those that run it. Today is no different, the fact you get rich white daddy's boys yet can't drive for shit like Logan Sargeant and Lance Stroll on the grid says everything.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2023, 11:20:14 am by mattD »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: December 5, 2023, 09:27:29 am »
Spanish GP to move to a ‘semi permanent’ track in Madrid from 2026.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2334 on: December 5, 2023, 09:34:10 am »
Spanish GP to move to a ‘semi permanent’ track in Madrid from 2026.

Hooray even more fucking walls no doubt. FFS.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2335 on: December 5, 2023, 09:53:45 am »
Agree completely. Catalunya has always been a decent circuit and was made better with the recent track modification.

Shame to see it lose the Spanish GP

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2336 on: December 5, 2023, 09:52:00 pm »
Toto and Susie Wolff in bother for her allegedly passing him confidential FOM information in her role as F1 Academy boss.

Bet Horner has already asked for Geri to be put in charge of F2.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2337 on: December 7, 2023, 05:49:08 pm »
FIA are dropping the investigation

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2338 on: December 7, 2023, 05:54:33 pm »
FIA are dropping the investigation

the whole thing sounded very odd. they said complaints had been made (or 'concerns raised') and then all the teams said it wasn't them.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2339 on: December 7, 2023, 05:55:48 pm »
Every 15 years or so there's a breakaway series threat, then everyone who's upset gets given some more money and it goes away.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2340 on: December 7, 2023, 07:09:57 pm »
Quite clearly raised by Horner …

Knobhead
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2341 on: December 8, 2023, 09:38:48 pm »
It was very personal.

The language used by Toto, Susie and even Lewis Hamilton after means this isn't over

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2342 on: December 8, 2023, 09:52:58 pm »
Quite clearly raised by Horner …

Knobhead

Even though all 9 of the other teams (including Red Bull) have released a coordinated response saying it wasn’t them and everyone seems to agree on it being Mohammed Ben Sulayem whose behind it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: December 8, 2023, 11:44:39 pm »
Is he Balestre 2.0?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: December 9, 2023, 02:04:06 am »
Even though all 9 of the other teams (including Red Bull) have released a coordinated response saying it wasn’t them and everyone seems to agree on it being Mohammed Ben Sulayem whose behind it.

Tepid's never one to let the facts get in the way of his opinion.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2345 on: December 9, 2023, 10:07:54 am »
I apologise to whinger spice then.  I hadn’t seen the red bull one!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W