Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069607 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #120 on: January 1, 2023, 02:52:33 pm »
That Alan Smith and Stan Collymore are brain dead. Saying the Gakpo signing proves we shop at Aldi and city shop at Harrods for their players. Our recruitment has been fantastic over the years, shopping at harrods for grealish hahaah they can carry on doing so.

Take that as a compliment
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #121 on: January 1, 2023, 02:58:43 pm »
Què?
;D

Knew there was something fawlty about that spelling
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 1, 2023, 03:00:02 pm »
;D

Knew there was something fawlty about that spelling

You just knew one of us Flowery Twats was going to spot it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #123 on: January 1, 2023, 03:01:47 pm »
Daichi Kamada is a tidy player who solves zero problems in our midfield. He’s a proficient 10 who wouldn’t fit our present system. If you’re playing a 10, stick Elliott in there because that’s where he’d actually look his best, should he be surrounded by more legs in midfield than we have.

We desperately need one of your smashing long posts with loads of names and information and recommendations.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 1, 2023, 03:02:28 pm »
That Alan Smith and Stan Collymore are brain dead. Saying the Gakpo signing proves we shop at Aldi and city shop at Harrods for their players. Our recruitment has been fantastic over the years, shopping at harrods for grealish hahaah they can carry on doing so.

Harrods is full over over-priced tat anyway.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: January 1, 2023, 03:04:43 pm »
You want us to replace every single midfielder? Those 3 needs to stay with at least two new ones brought in to replace Ox,Milner and Keita. We need one immediately and one in the summer and they need to be top quality.

And we can pray we're sold as the league has outgrown FSG for the wrong reasons.
I think if we feel we need 2+ new midfielders to be first choice level, we should consider moving at least one of the older, first team ones on. Hanging on to some of the older players hoping they can recapture something is part of how we ended up with a massive squad.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #126 on: January 1, 2023, 03:13:42 pm »
The last thing we need is anothet decent midfielders. We have the numbers, but we lack top quality.

We need people who can run. More slow players or players with poor fitness records we don't need right now, regardless of technical ability.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 1, 2023, 03:14:41 pm »
We need a midfielder or three who have pace and power first of all.  Playing ability will help but not essential. 

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 1, 2023, 03:16:43 pm »
If we were being ruthless we'd getting of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago as they're the ones supposed to be close to their prime, on big money and not performing to a level we need over the young players.

Thiago has been performing close to the level of his prime, and he was just in the PFA team of the year last season.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 1, 2023, 03:19:07 pm »
Seems pretty clear to me that the Elliott in Midfield experiment is failing or has failed. I’ve said before but if I was picking the team he’d be behind the main three, Keita and Jones for me.

I think his presence in there has a really big impact on making us defensively shite, and as some
Others have said he’s not even producing at the other end. To me he just seems slow, small, weak and very little end product. Maybe he’ll come good at some point and I’ll eat my words, wouldn’t be the first time, but I’d lose no sleep if we didn’t see him in there ever again for Liverpool.

No coincidence that we play how we did last year from January to June and most of the time Elliott never even made the bench.

You can only use Elliott in midfield if a) you've got the runners/workhorses behind and alongside him in the midfield and b) he's producing the kind of numbers in terms of goals/assists/key chances created to justify using him there and building the midfield around him, he's hardly David Silva or De Bruyne though.

No way we can carry him right now given our other options. Bajcetic or Keita should have come in for Fabinho. Had Fabinho played I don't think we'd have been half as hopeless as we were in that first half.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 1, 2023, 03:20:00 pm »
Find it odd blaming Elliott when we've been awful in midfield with or without him. It's clearly a bigger problem than one player
Indeed, it's just scapegoating. Feel like we're about twenty games worth of examples that it's the complement of our midfielders that has been the issue.

It's not like we need long memories either. We had our three most regular starting midfielders in against Villa (Hendo Thiago Fab) and nobody could say it was a good midfield performance, and Thiago had one of his poorest performances particularly off the ball since he's played for us.

Given Thiago's quality is undoubted (outside of some loons), yet he had such a bad performance alongside our first choice back 8 (except Konate, but Matip is not a newbie) I'd have thought it should be clear that anyone can struggle in our midfield when the trio (or more) are ill equipped to physically compete well enough between them.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 1, 2023, 03:22:37 pm »
Daichi Kamada is a tidy player who solves zero problems in our midfield. He’s a proficient 10 who wouldn’t fit our present system. If you’re playing a 10, stick Elliott in there because that’s where he’d actually look his best, should he be surrounded by more legs in midfield than we have.

Kamada will carry on being good in the Bundesliga and look mediocre to passable if he comes to a top Premier League side. He’s also 27 come the start of next season.

The reason I like Kamada is because I think he has all the tools to be the next No.10 turned No.8 by Jurgen. Unlike Elliott and Carvalho, he is over 6 feet tall, and can contribute with goals from midfield. Anyway, someone will get a decent player on the free in the summer, and it seems he is AC Milan bound ...

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 1, 2023, 03:24:10 pm »
Thiago has been performing close to the level of his prime, and he was just in the PFA team of the year last season.
Thiago looks slower and I don't think he's playing as well as last season, although I'd say it Alisson and maybe Salah is playing as well as they did last year.

Ronaldo was in last year as well, it doesn't mean much for anyone's performance 7+ months later.

There's a lot to look with the team short and long term and I think looking at our more senior midfielders and if they can play at the level we need and paying them for is going to happen next year. if not do we cash in/free up those wages when bringing in players if we won't be expecting 2 or 3 of them not to be playing every week
« Last Edit: January 1, 2023, 03:29:13 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 1, 2023, 03:25:58 pm »
Find it odd blaming Elliott when we've been awful in midfield with or without him. It's clearly a bigger problem than one player

It's not about one player, it's about the collective. We've got a very badly assembled midfield, whether it's age profile (mostly 18-21 and not experienced or 30+ with a lot of miles on the clock), fitness issues, lack of pace, lack of athleticism etc etc. If we had two players like Enzo Fernandez and Tchouameni then you could play Elliott in there with them and he'd be effective. There's not really any combination he can be effective with, maybe Fabinho and Thiago as of early last season when we're dominating the ball against weak opponents (i.e. Burnley and Norwich).

The movement isn't great either around him when he does get the ball.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 1, 2023, 03:26:18 pm »
Thiago looks slower and I don't think he's playing as well as last season, although I'd say it Alisson and maybe Salah is playing as well as they did last year.

Ronaldo was in last year as well, it doesn't mean much for anyone's performance 7+ months later
you didn't see the game on Friday, obviously.  he was a 1-man midfield ffs.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 1, 2023, 03:28:22 pm »
you didn't see the game on Friday, obviously.  he was a 1-man midfield ffs.

It was the same in 20/21 when he came back in the side. Henderson and Fabinho were at the back/injured and Thiago was basically playing on his own in there and getting criticised when he was the only one doing anything. Fabinho went back in midfield alongside him and we went on a run towards the end of the season. We're more solid with them in there together (but still slow), it's when either are missing we're basically screwed.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 1, 2023, 03:29:16 pm »

Ronaldo was in last year as well, it doesn't mean much for anyone's performance 7+ months later.

There's a lot to look with the team short and long term and I think looking at our more senior midfielders and if they can play at the level we need and paying them for is going to happen next year. if not do we cash in/free up those wages when bringing in players.

Whether he looks slower or not he’s been easily our best midfielder, the last one we should be looking to move on, he’s the only world class midfielder we have based on the last year and a half.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 1, 2023, 03:34:10 pm »
We need a midfielder or three who have pace and power first of all.  Playing ability will help but not essential.

Yeah a hard grafting athletic water carrier or 2 who can sniff out danger wouldn't go amiss right now even if they're not technically perfect.

Obviously just simply poor players wouldn't do.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #138 on: January 1, 2023, 03:55:24 pm »
Someone take away the Bold button from Mac please

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 1, 2023, 03:57:44 pm »
Yeah a hard grafting athletic water carrier or 2 who can sniff out danger wouldn't go amiss right now even if they're not technically perfect.

Obviously just simply poor players wouldn't do.

Has Gomez ever played DM for us in any game, even friendlies?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 1, 2023, 03:59:34 pm »
Some rumours about Juve looking to offload Rabiot and Mckennie,anyone think either of those would work for us?

Nope, whilst there are some very good players at other top clubs who would benefit us i wouldn’t put these two in that category

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 1, 2023, 04:02:11 pm »
It's not an idea I like the sound of.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 1, 2023, 04:05:58 pm »
Sign Enzo Le Fee.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #143 on: January 1, 2023, 04:07:13 pm »

I think passing is probably the weakest part of his game, he's fine as a rb cover, but he should be nowhere near the centre of our midfield.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 1, 2023, 04:07:27 pm »
We’re getting closer to top 4 which is even more incentive to strengthen the midfield area this month.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 1, 2023, 04:14:42 pm »
Someone take away the Bold button from Mac please

Well, I have to use it, since some people are pretending to be dumb, when they are not ...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 1, 2023, 04:22:55 pm »

The worst thing about this season is how city have been below standard and we weren’t ready to take advantage, we should be right in the mix this season but we will be in a top four fight rather than championship challenge

crap planning, decision making and under investment the unholy trinity to blame

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 1, 2023, 04:25:21 pm »
What's happened to Bissouma at Spurs? Is Conte not using him properly or was the system at Brighton covering his flaws? Is their system flattering Caicedo too?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 1, 2023, 04:28:11 pm »
The worst thing about this season is how city have been below standard and we weren’t ready to take advantage, we should be right in the mix this season but we will be in a top four fight rather than championship challenge

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 1, 2023, 04:28:42 pm »
What's happened to Bissouma at Spurs? Is Conte not using him properly or was the system at Brighton covering his flaws? Is their system flattering Caicedo too?

seems to be more of a professionalism/mentality issue

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 1, 2023, 04:29:32 pm »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 1, 2023, 04:29:45 pm »

To be honest, he was never good enough for the top level of the game ...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #152 on: January 1, 2023, 04:31:58 pm »

Agreed.  I mean, imagine us going head to head with them at the top and Everton taking points from them?  Annoying.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 1, 2023, 04:32:15 pm »

He is a runner who has gone to a team full of runners when they needed some passers. We have a midfield full of nice players but no runners- we need some athletes

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 1, 2023, 04:46:28 pm »
Although I was pissed off about Utd winning yesterday I've just allowed myself a glance at the league table for the first time in many months.
It's odd viewing indeed. Although I guess I should have done I didn't realise Arsenal are 6 points ahead and our position isn't quite as bad as I'd wondered.

Hopefully Gakpo is going to help, but we need Jota and Diaz back asap and we really could do with another MF. There's no margin for more slip ups if we want to finish 4th.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 1, 2023, 04:49:06 pm »
Sign Enzo Le Fee.

Never been rumoured for him but we have for Joao Gomes.  If we want to shop in South America. :D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 1, 2023, 04:51:59 pm »

Yeah City very much there for the taking this season but would still be gutting to be sat behind an Arsenal side who've nearly won every game so far, if we were at last season's pace.

Plus City would be more motivated if we were doing well.

What's done is done but we should be doing all we can to get top 4.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 1, 2023, 04:52:37 pm »
Although I was pissed off about Utd winning yesterday I've just allowed myself a glance at the league table for the first time in many months.
It's odd viewing indeed. Although I guess I should have done I didn't realise Arsenal are 6 points ahead and our position isn't quite as bad as I'd wondered.

Hopefully Gakpo is going to help, but we need Jota and Diaz back asap and we really could do with another MF. There's no margin for more slip ups if we want to finish 4th.

If we win on Monday and Arsenal as expected beat Newcastle, we'd be back to looking very good for top 4. I think Newcastle will end up well out of it personally.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 1, 2023, 04:56:06 pm »
Anyone who has watched him care to say what McKennie is like as a player?

Just saw this on his wiki page

It makes him sound like a bit of a  raw jack of all trades with a high work rate. Know nothing about him so do not have a clue if he would be a good squad player for us or maybe a bit better than a squad player.

He’s a solid box to box midfielder. Quite athletic, will cover every blade of grass, likes to get stuck in, a threat from set pieces with his head and jumping ability. I like him and think he’s Premier League quality, but not quite the quality we should be aiming for to revamp our midfield IMO.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 1, 2023, 05:07:29 pm »