Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24317 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2023, 10:04:52 pm »
Right winner but my God, such an underwhelming series.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2023, 07:14:22 am »
Only one winner really but still going to be a failed business I'd say..

Spoiler
Just looked at the gym they've opened up and it's £60 a month to join, or £10 per session for non-members. Pretty much makes it a boxing gym for the middle class, which just goes against the normal target market and makes it inaccessible to most that would want to join. Also goes against Marnie's story, background and reasoning for opening it. There's a reason other boxing gyms are "spit and sawdust" gyms and it's because they are tailored for the demand that exists and are generally community facilities rather than a chain looking at profit and profit only.
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2023, 10:58:34 am »
Wasn't a great season, some really poor candidates.  There's still the entertainment value with the characters but it'd be good to get more competent people in the process instead of the goofs they've been using of late.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #403 on: March 24, 2023, 11:02:10 am »
They're probably more competent than they're made to look to be fair. Might help if it wasn't 'right what do you want to call the car you're designed? Mr Zoom Zoom or the Slug? And where do you want the compulsory bread maker?'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2023, 07:51:41 pm »
They're probably more competent than they're made to look to be fair. Might help if it wasn't 'right what do you want to call the car you're designed? Mr Zoom Zoom or the Slug? And where do you want the compulsory bread maker?'
Exactly and the interviews episode proved that it's all about trying to humiliate them and parade them as idiots, since the interview episode used to be much longer back and forths and was more about the concepts and details where as this was "Right, you're an idiot. Goodbye" and trying to make them cry.

It really was an appalling series and you can but hope the production team get the boot for a more competent and less intrusive, reality-TV style production next time round.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2023, 11:59:43 pm »
Wasn't a great season, some really poor candidates.  There's still the entertainment value with the characters but it'd be good to get more competent people in the process instead of the goofs they've been using of late.
Yep, I agree and with Lobo and iam above. It's become just an entertainment show that destructs candidates either purposely by design or by cruel idiotic exposure.
Of course people will say we shouldn't take it seriously but the show expects us to take their business acumen together with their sales and marketing skills seriously.
That's how they are judged and eliminated weekly based on a serious target of a £250k reward outcome isn't it?

Unfortunately this season resulted is an incongruous concept of candidates portrayed as fuckwits while a supposedly respected judge egregiously divorced herself from a civil viewing society which firmly placed the entire show on an unredeemable decline from now on.
I don't think The Apprentice will recover from this series. The crass Baroness shot the show in the Louboutin.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2023, 09:52:49 am »
Only one winner really but still going to be a failed business I'd say..

Spoiler
Just looked at the gym they've opened up and it's £60 a month to join, or £10 per session for non-members. Pretty much makes it a boxing gym for the middle class, which just goes against the normal target market and makes it inaccessible to most that would want to join. Also goes against Marnie's story, background and reasoning for opening it. There's a reason other boxing gyms are "spit and sawdust" gyms and it's because they are tailored for the demand that exists and are generally community facilities rather than a chain looking at profit and profit only.
[close]
It's in central London? It should do well in theory.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2024, 10:33:08 am »
We're back, starts next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/the-apprentice-2024-candidates-series-18

Reading the bios, Tre Lowe is my pick.  He's a 'Music & Wellness Entrepreneur', whatever that is.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2024, 10:51:17 am »
Steve Darken definitely has a body under his patio.

Two pie company owners could make for some good in-fighting. One of them provides pies for Man City so he's probably included in their 115 charges somehow.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2024, 10:57:51 am »
I haven’t read the bios but I know I hate them all already :D

Can’t wait :D

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2024, 11:02:30 am »
Why is the guy supplying pies to Man City looking for investment exactly?

I really want to have the willpower not to watch this ever again. But I will watch it, and hate it. Just like the last 8 years or so.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2024, 11:10:00 am »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/the-apprentice-2024-candidates-series-18

Reading the bios, Tre Lowe is my pick.  He's a 'Music & Wellness Entrepreneur', whatever that is.
I do like the question 'Tell us something about you that we don’t know?'. Your name for starters. Who the fuck are you?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2024, 11:13:07 am »
It should be good for a laugh.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2024, 11:56:57 am »

Two pie company owners could make for some good in-fighting. One of them provides pies for Man City so he's probably included in their 115 charges somehow.

Excellent. Will read their profiles later. In the meantime, is the woman bottom left wearing the England cricket World Cup kit from 2019 (I’ll post an image as I know you won’t know what that looks like!).

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2024, 12:01:19 pm »
Haha, I did think has she just turned up in some old sports kit ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2024, 12:21:15 pm »

Also without looking it up, just going off the picture I’m going to guess that Steve Darken is back left in the grey suit?!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2024, 03:57:55 pm »

Not a looker in the bunch.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2024, 03:59:05 pm »
Is it full of daft pricks again? Show used to be decent when there were a good number of half decent contestants.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2024, 04:15:41 pm »
Also without looking it up, just going off the picture I’m going to guess that Steve Darken is back left in the grey suit?!

Yes ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2024, 04:16:26 pm »
Not a looker in the bunch.

Can't remember the last time there was a hot bloke in it. :(

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2024, 04:53:38 pm »
Dr. Asif Munaf literally says "I’ve got an extremely high IQ. I’ve got an extremely high bench press. And to top it off, I’m quite good on the eyes."

He's the total package.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2024, 05:08:19 pm »
Why is the guy supplying pies to Man City looking for investment exactly?

I really want to have the willpower not to watch this ever again. But I will watch it, and hate it. Just like the last 8 years or so.

Same, and I love it but also hate myself.
JFT97

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: February 1, 2024, 09:01:03 pm »
Here we go!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #423 on: February 1, 2024, 10:09:05 pm »
Pure cringe as always, great stuff.

So, the guy who shouts out "YES!" when he hears about a 52% refund. You'd give him £250K??

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #424 on: February 1, 2024, 10:18:12 pm »
Boy's sub team leader is my guy.  He looked like he couldn't be bothered with any of them.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: February 1, 2024, 11:11:15 pm »
All shite. Great stuff.

PM should have gone. Talks the talk can’t walk the walk.

On the subject of the Apprentice, check out ‘Unfinished Business’ on TikTok / YouTube.

It’s that moron Joseph Valente that won a few years ago (and never should have). He’s literally turned into a real life David Brent.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 1, 2024, 11:38:12 pm »
What a load of morons. Supposed to be professional business people and can't read a bloody brownie recipe.

PM shouldve gone. Turned up late to lunch which was ruined and then tried to blame it all on a glass of prosecco ffs.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: February 2, 2024, 12:43:50 am »

So, the guy who shouts out "YES!" when he hears about a 52% refund. You'd give him £250K??
I really wish Sralan had said that nobody was being picked to come back as he was firing that dickhead for clapping instead.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 2, 2024, 12:46:28 am »
Do people still watch this shite???
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: February 2, 2024, 06:23:29 am »

I don't think I've ever seen someone do that before in the boardroom.  :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #430 on: February 2, 2024, 10:04:11 am »
Do people still watch this shite???

Yes.  Why come in a thread and post something like that when there's people who are obviously enjoying watching it still?

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #431 on: February 2, 2024, 03:23:28 pm »
What a load of morons. Supposed to be professional business people and can't read a bloody brownie recipe.

PM shouldve gone. Turned up late to lunch which was ruined and then tried to blame it all on a glass of prosecco ffs.
to be honest i think we all know that the whole show is a set up.
No way that this bunch of jokers are the best 18 candidates for the prize out of the 100s/1000s that applied.
They select the 18 based on TV entertainment value. And toss in a handful of serious contestants that they already know will make the semis. It's those serious ones that the rest are just road kill for.

Plus Alan can put a negative spin on every one of them in the tasks. With certain edits they can make it look like he is basing the firing on very strong evidence. But it's simply just "team member who was weak on a task" v "losing team leader" most of the time. And if one of those is one of the 'serious' candidates, then guess which one is chosen to be fired?

I find it really boring as it's just the same formula every series.
But I can see why people enjoy watching it cos it's fun laughing at jokers.
The cringe makes it funny if you watch it with others.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #432 on: February 2, 2024, 04:30:13 pm »
I still don't understand when a lot of tasks comes down to the cooking

And why do they get quotes from firms that charge say £40 a head then they have to cook the stuff themselves so you are just paying all that money for ingredients it would be better and cheaper to order in takeaways
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #433 on: February 2, 2024, 05:50:37 pm »
I still don't understand when a lot of tasks comes down to the cooking

And why do they get quotes from firms that charge say £40 a head then they have to cook the stuff themselves so you are just paying all that money for ingredients it would be better and cheaper to order in takeaways
Honestly, the tasks are engineered by the producers to create cringe TV, as in actual business, you'd just pay someone else to do the catering, you'd ask the client if they want booze or not, you'd probably even ask them what kind of entertainment / team bonding they'd want from the options available and then when it comes to negotiating, the client wouldn't be forced by a TV crew to hold off rudely for a certain fee.

My friend's been on one of these corporate away days that was on the Apprentice and he said they were always re-doing takes, telling people what to ask and what to say to the contestants, duplicating walking in / out shots, just delaying the whole day. The people on the "corporate trip" know they're going on a day of filming for the Beeb, not an actual corporate trip, and they know it's a bunch of idiots cooking for them etc. so when these refunds are calculated they're done so knowing it's just part of a game and not in anyway based in business reality.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #434 on: February 2, 2024, 10:12:14 pm »
All of a load of rubbish but entertaining rubbish as always.

The program can be selectively edited to create a narrative, but when you make genuine mistakes then they don't have to. Using the crumble on the fish cakes, then shoving them in a microwave rather than an oven, is ridiculous. The fact that they did this and still didn't lose the task is indicative of how crap the blokes were.

Can't believe the PM survived that to be honest. There was clearly a misunderstanding re alcohol but that didn't ruin the task. Turning up 45 minutes late so that the main was cold and inedible, they didn't get to have dessert, and then they were forced against their will to watch (£275 worth of) dancing before leaving in a rush. Ridiculous ;D Ollie's business must have been underwhelming, one thing to fire someone who doesn't do much if you lose narrowly, but this was a huge failure, they actually lost money, so you'd think the guy with responsibility for it all would take the hit.

The blokes' sub-team leader seems like the most competent one I can remember in there for a while. Asked about budgeting for the meals and the PM just shrugs and says "don't worry about that" :lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: February 2, 2024, 10:19:38 pm »
All of a load of rubbish but entertaining rubbish as always.

The program can be selectively edited to create a narrative, but when you make genuine mistakes then they don't have to. Using the crumble on the fish cakes, then shoving them in a microwave rather than an oven, is ridiculous. The fact that they did this and still didn't lose the task is indicative of how crap the blokes were.

Can't believe the PM survived that to be honest. There was clearly a misunderstanding re alcohol but that didn't ruin the task. Turning up 45 minutes late so that the main was cold and inedible, they didn't get to have dessert, and then they were forced against their will to watch (£275 worth of) dancing before leaving in a rush. Ridiculous ;D Ollie's business must have been underwhelming, one thing to fire someone who doesn't do much if you lose narrowly, but this was a huge failure, they actually lost money, so you'd think the guy with responsibility for it all would take the hit.

The blokes' sub-team leader seems like the most competent one I can remember in there for a while. Asked about budgeting for the meals and the PM just shrugs and says "don't worry about that" :lmao

Yes, you have to wonder how the team leader did survive, right from the start he was naff. He wouldn't even allow people to make suggestions in the beginning as he went on this long, blustering explanation of what they were going to do. It didn't get them very far did it? The cookery bits were just mind boggling, did nobody think to test out the crumble mix? You just pick up a container with something in it and away you go! As for the microwave bit, words fail me how they cook for themselves at home?  :lmao

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #436 on: February 23, 2024, 06:32:09 pm »
A nice surprise seeing them dash around my neck of the woods this week ;D

And yes I have a bachin. Not a Bach-eeen though…

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: February 23, 2024, 06:42:49 pm »
What are Jersey wonders like :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #438 on: February 23, 2024, 07:48:07 pm »
What are Jersey wonders like :D

Underwhelming :lmao

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #439 on: February 23, 2024, 10:15:27 pm »
Good episode this week.