Author Topic: Taskmaster  (Read 27516 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Taskmaster
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2022, 11:10:07 pm »
Bob Mortimer won his season, was in the first Champions of Champions. Think the best option would be to have a people's champions of champio s with a twitter vote or something. Stops the overly serious competitive people getting in probably.

I mean by doing that you're presuming all the potential contestants will be available for filming and willing.

Best season for a long time that. Every contestant very likeable, and a good atmosphere between them despite them all coming from different fields really. I can't imagine any of them knew each other that well beforehand.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2022, 10:20:57 pm »
Really enjoyed that, and happy for the winner.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2022, 09:01:45 am »
Really enjoyed that, and happy for the winner.

Yes, me too. I was rooting for Bridget but Sophie was great.

That was one of my favourite series'. Up there with the James Acaster/Rhod Gilbert one. They all seemed to gel.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2022, 09:10:20 am »
Love the House Queens.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2022, 10:26:30 pm »
Yes, me too. I was rooting for Bridget but Sophie was great.

That was one of my favourite series'. Up there with the James Acaster/Rhod Gilbert one. They all seemed to gel.

I would have been happy if any of them had won, and I think that's the first time I've felt that way.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2022, 11:01:32 pm »
Thought that it was again a case of the least funny person winning it.

And I don't mean that as a criticism of Sophie really, she is funny, but it was a great cast, of which Duker was my least favourite.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2022, 01:21:33 am »
What a great finale, what a great series

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2022, 10:14:34 pm »
Well the beard was a surprise

And an epic final task
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2022, 10:14:46 pm »
Series 14 announced

Dara O Briain, John Kearns, Fern Brady, Munya Chawawa and Sarah Millican

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1540077328205758465?t=nbBAeAXcqtiQYqYVBGscUg&s=19

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2022, 09:48:20 am »
Well the beard was a surprise

And an epic final task

Really enjoyed the Champion of Champions episode, was great fun and some good tasks. Happy for Richard Herring too, I think it means a lot to him. Funny to think that there could well be another Champion of Champions later next year with the winners of series 11-15.

I hope Taskmaster makes it to 25 series, then we can have a Champion of Champion of Champions ;D

I like the new line up. Had seen rumours about Sarah Millican, it seems like a good mix of people.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:46 pm »
I liked everyone in the current series a lot more than the current champions of champions contestants. I think maybe because Lou Sanders just irrationally irritates me while I found the rest quite forgettable. Looking forward to Dara in the next series.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2022, 03:49:49 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2022, 03:50:37 pm »
Champion of champions was bloody good. More of that group would have been funny.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2022, 09:38:13 pm »
Have rewatched the whole of series 7 over the last week. That has to be my favourite group, just edging out the latest 5. I couldn't stop watching it.
James Acaster is possibly my favourite contestant ever. He even got mad at Greg a few times.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2022, 10:04:55 pm »
I think Rose Matafaeo is my favourite …… maybe Mike Wosniack up there too.

But anyone who takes on Greg is worth the time too!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2022, 10:22:10 pm »
Have rewatched the whole of series 7 over the last week. That has to be my favourite group, just edging out the latest 5. I couldn't stop watching it.
James Acaster is possibly my favourite contestant ever. He even got mad at Greg a few times.

He was the perfect blend of someone who clearly loved the show, but wasn't obsessed to the point of wanting to win.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2022, 10:25:16 pm »
He was the perfect blend of someone who clearly loved the show, but wasn't obsessed to the point of wanting to win.

Though I think it really winds him up that Ed Gamble won and he didn't.  ;D

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2022, 03:45:06 pm »
Ed lucked out by having two veterans who clearly couldn't be arsed. And James had to do team tasks with Rhod which must have been an absolute nightmare :D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2022, 03:48:54 pm »
Though I think it really winds him up that Ed Gamble won and he didn't.  ;D

Oh absolutely, I think the real James would have absolutely wanted to win, but he knew that creating some great moments and getting the good laughs was the best way to go about it. Him failing at hula hooping and then showing he can do it will always make me laugh.

Herring was the complete other end to the point he wanted to win so bad, he hardly did anything memorable and always sat there dying for Greg to give him 5 points.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 03:50:32 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2022, 09:04:28 am »
Just seen a clip of the new series. It starts Thursday 29th of September.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2022, 09:46:55 pm »
Just seen a clip of the new series. It starts Thursday 29th of September.

:champ

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2022, 10:37:30 pm »
Looking forward to it - always a cracking thing to have saved in planner/my shows for a rainy day.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
New series tonight people. Should be a good un.

Love this, tv heroin.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 6, 2022, 10:01:49 pm »
Must be the first ever perfect score from Dara there.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #224 on: October 6, 2022, 11:13:11 pm »

Yep, also the joint highest score - Equal to Katherine Ryan who got 15 points from studio task in one episode.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #225 on: October 6, 2022, 11:16:46 pm »

Quite surprised they used those tasks. I always wonder if they try to select tasks with objective results in a way that tries to either spread out episode wins between contestants or try to keep things close and interesting, but they'd have known before the show that he'd get a ton of points tonight.

Superb stuff. Deserved it for his approach to the duck/sock task alone.

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #226 on: October 7, 2022, 02:37:58 am »
not connecting with any so far this series, want to, but its a miss so far. besides the tits and a couple of fails (wont say any more) its been quite the miss. although the running commentary from a different 'character' has promise.

Bob, Paul (C), Jess, James, Wozniak. Make it happen.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #227 on: October 7, 2022, 10:30:04 am »
not connecting with any so far this series, want to, but its a miss so far. besides the tits and a couple of fails (wont say any more) its been quite the miss. although the running commentary from a different 'character' has promise.

Bob, Paul (C), Jess, James, Wozniak. Make it happen.

What are you talking about...?  ???

If you want to talk about spoilers then you can use spoiler tags, though short of writing who wins the series I don't think people are really all that bothered about spoilers in Taskmaster.

Enjoying it so far, though I don't think there have been many legendary moments. John Kearns is great value. I'm not sure that Sarah Millican is quite zany enough, and Fern and Munya have seemed quite reserved so far.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2022, 10:32:29 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #228 on: October 7, 2022, 10:38:32 am »
Not seen the latest episode but always felt it might struggle with another host of a comedy panel show in Dara.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #229 on: October 7, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
Triffic episode last night....chortled heartily all the way through...and guffawed at the live task.....loving this lineup, all have jumped straight into the spirit of the show from the off and seem to be thoroughly enjoying it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2022, 09:24:24 pm »
Not seen the latest episode but always felt it might struggle with another host of a comedy panel show in Dara.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2022, 10:11:23 pm »
Great episode tonight.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2022, 10:18:53 pm »
Great episode tonight.

The Dara catch was properly brilliant, and John in the sand task ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2022, 03:43:01 pm »

True :D

The Dara catch was properly brilliant, and John in the sand task ;D

Yeah I was creasing, such a bumbled attempt at sabotage but still pulled it off.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2022, 08:32:29 am »
The singing task is always fun ;D

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2022, 09:14:53 pm »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #236 on: December 2, 2022, 08:26:28 am »
Great series, and a worthy (if not unexpected) winner. John Kearns was my highlight.

Cast for next series is:
Frankie Boyle
Mae Martin
Jenny Eclair
Ivo Graham
Kiell Smith-Bynoe

Think that's a great cast. Frankie Boyle is a huge result, can't wait to see how he approaches it. Jenny Eclair is traditionally quite cantankerous too, Mae Martin is brilliant and I like Ivo Graham too. Can't say I know Kiell Smith-Bynoe too well other than Stath Let's Flats, but I really need to watch Ghosts.

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 2, 2022, 08:34:06 am »
Great series, and a worthy (if not unexpected) winner. John Kearns was my highlight.

Cast for next series is:
Frankie Boyle
Mae Martin
Jenny Eclair
Ivo Graham
Kiell Smith-Bynoe

Think that's a great cast. Frankie Boyle is a huge result, can't wait to see how he approaches it. Jenny Eclair is traditionally quite cantankerous too, Mae Martin is brilliant and I like Ivo Graham too. Can't say I know Kiell Smith-Bynoe too well other than Stath Let's Flats, but I really need to watch Ghosts.

Havent seen last nights yet but really enjoyed the whole series. Fern would be my favourite, when she was on the travelator at the airport the other day I nearly hurt myself laughing. John Kearns was also great I agree.

Really looking forward to Frankie Boyle, will have to look into a couple of the others.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 2, 2022, 06:15:04 pm »

Cast for next series is:
Frankie Boyle
Mae Martin
Jenny Eclair
Ivo Graham
Kiell Smith-Bynoe

Jenny Eclair wil be rubbish at the tasks and then argue with Greg about it… could be epic that

Agree that John Kearns was brilliant. He was so utterly inept it was genius
W

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 2, 2022, 06:36:20 pm »
Him sabotaging the sand task was genius