Author Topic: The Last Of Us  (Read 85074 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Last Of Us
« Reply #1040 on: March 30, 2023, 06:38:46 pm »
Apparently the PC port of the original is a complete mess, worse than other shite PC ports like Arkham Knight.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1041 on: March 30, 2023, 06:52:38 pm »
Apparently the PC port of the original is a complete mess, worse than other shite PC ports like Arkham Knight.

I think it's the same studio who did the Arkham Knight thing. So, it seems they are getting better at being shite only it's in the wrong direction... :D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: March 31, 2023, 02:40:50 am »
I think it's the same studio who did the Arkham Knight thing. So, it seems they are getting better at being shite only it's in the wrong direction... :D
No it's ND doing the port (presumably because their gearing up to release more PC stuff in the future like Factions 2) with minimal involvement from Iron Galaxy. I wouldn't get it at this point but I expect fixes to come soon enough.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: March 31, 2023, 07:17:01 am »
Yeah ND themselves said it was in-house development. Some funny memes doing the rounds though.

I'd imagine ND have spread themselves a bit too thin having to rush the PC version in time to coincide with the series and a few other projects on the go.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1044 on: March 31, 2023, 09:10:14 am »
Oh, I stand corrected then. Just saw a youtube clip by a German gaming magazine, where they mentioned it was the same guys as the Arkham Knight port.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: April 6, 2023, 11:46:17 am »
Yeah ND themselves said it was in-house development. Some funny memes doing the rounds though.

I'd imagine ND have spread themselves a bit too thin having to rush the PC version in time to coincide with the series and a few other projects on the go.

I think that you're mistaken.  The 'in-house' thing was a somewhat generic twitter quote.  Iron Galaxy's logo comes right after the Naughty Dog logo on the splash screens and in the credits the "PC Team" are solely credited as being Iron Galaxy (there is no corresponding Naughty Dog credits).  They're also still officially listed as developers for the PC version.  Credits:

« Last Edit: April 6, 2023, 11:49:40 am by Darren G »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1046 on: April 6, 2023, 12:20:52 pm »
Hi Darren, the in house development comment is also here on ND's website https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/celebrating_the_release_of_the_last_of_us_part_i_on_pc

Iron Galaxy helped with the Uncharted collection for PC and they are listed as the developer alongside ND on steam. On TLOU steam page they aren't mentioned. I know they were involved and your screenshot of the credits proves that I'm just not sure why ND would want the credit of a shitty port by refering to the development as in house and then the visibility of them being the only devs on the steam page.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: April 6, 2023, 02:08:07 pm »
Mate, if they're "involved" in the game it's going to be that they were responsible for the port ("PC team").  I mean, if they didn't do the port how exactly do you think that they were involved? Responsible for making the tea and biscuits?  They've made around seven basic, minor games for themselves in 10 years, but have done over 50 ports.  They're even front and centre on the requirement specs sheet from Naughty Dog themselves, just prior to launch:

Also there's this:""Our team, and our dedicated partners at Iron Galaxy will continue to investigate and address known issues to deliver the great The Last of Us Part I experience you expect," the developer says.

End of the day I'm just fucked-off at yet another shitty PC port. I'm not sure why the in-house comment from Naughty Dog. Perhaps it sounded better than "hey, we've given it to the Arkham Knight guys".  ;D  As for the steam page, Nixxes were originally listed as the developer:

https://preview.redd.it/0w7kgjioe9m91.png?width=7582&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=f44731e85e22a85471b063c72318091c5ffd1eeb

There's more going on than meets the eye.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2023, 02:25:01 pm by Darren G »