21 (6.5%)
Labour
70 (21.8%)
GP
11 (3.4%)
Ind/Others
77 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Author Topic: The Irish Politics Thread.  (Read 461884 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: The Irish Politics Thread.
« Reply #5920 on: November 24, 2023, 09:26:21 pm »
I'm in central Belfast and it's (mercifully) been years since we had one of those. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that this shit is now spreading to the south. It feels like it's suddenly gone crazy down there, right now :/
A bomb scare? I had one just up the road from me in dungiven just today. We have bomb scares all the time
YNWA

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5921 on: November 24, 2023, 10:35:54 pm »
What do you mean? It will be class.
Rather just Liverpool
Will be some day on the beer

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5922 on: November 24, 2023, 10:43:08 pm »
I'm in central Belfast and it's (mercifully) been years since we had one of those. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that this shit is now spreading to the south. It feels like it's suddenly gone crazy down there, right now :/

Not at all. We all thought it was a bit of entertainment.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5923 on: November 24, 2023, 10:45:32 pm »
https://x.com/bribrigeta/status/1319413396576632832?s=52&t=kzi87hdQKWavNhM0IYEh5Q

Irish people being racist is the saddest thing ever. The same white supremacy you’re upholding didn’t even include you in the original plan. How embarrassing is that.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: November 24, 2023, 10:46:13 pm »

Not at all. We all thought it was a bit of entertainment.

I remember there being a bomb scare around Patrick St in the 80's, I was pissed off as my mum had promised to take me to Burgerland.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5925 on: November 24, 2023, 10:48:12 pm »
What do you mean? It will be class.

I agree it will be class, but I suspect this is a reflection on the supposed far right element in Dublin facing an influx of predominately left leaning fans. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:51:26 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5926 on: November 24, 2023, 10:52:24 pm »
I agree it will be class,? but I suspect this is a reflection on the supposed far right element in Dublin facing an influx of predominately left leaning fans.

A fan base containing a fair number of brown fans more to the point.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #5928 on: November 24, 2023, 11:01:21 pm »
None of those things will matter. Seriously. Dublin is full of “foreign” people. Majority of restaurants, shops, hospitals are staffed by them. What happened yesterday was a reaction to something that has been bubbling for a while. It hit fever pitch when ashling murphy was murdered by a lad from slovakia who lived in Ireland for ten years and drew the dole the whole time. Then suddenly a stabbing yesterday which appears to have been by a man from another ethnicity. There have been a group online stirring shite regarding immigrants and “ireland is full” etc.
you’re forgetting that if we make the final the sheer amount of Liverpool fans who live in ireland. Me and all my mates have had hotels booked for months just in case. There will be 100k Liverpool fans just from Ireland in town.
YNWA

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5929 on: November 24, 2023, 11:08:31 pm »
My pizza girl is Croatian. My kebab guys are Kurds. My breakfast roll peeps are Polish and Brazilian. My cigarettes guy is Pakistani. Also, the first black Irish born generation are really starting to show. It’s great hearing pure Cork accents out of them.

It’s a rich tapestry.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5930 on: November 24, 2023, 11:20:50 pm »
My aunt has an Israeli son in law and a Palestinian daughter in law. I expect Christmas will be challenging.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5931 on: November 25, 2023, 12:15:12 am »
My aunt has an Israeli son in law and a Palestinian daughter in law. I expect Christmas will be challenging.

Jesus...

not directly relevant on either side, but still...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5932 on: November 25, 2023, 01:08:17 am »

♫ Well tonight thank God it's them instead of youuuuu ♫
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: November 25, 2023, 03:26:22 am »
Connor McMuppet is at it again. Would love to know what his plan is.

Conor McGregor
@TheNotoriousMMA
I do not condone last nights riots. I do not condone any attacks on our first responders in their line of duty. I do not condone looting and the damaging of shops. Last nights scenes achieved nothing toward fixing the issues we face. I do understand frustrations however, and I do understand a move must be made to ensure the change we need is ushered in. And fast! I am in the process of arranging. Believe me I am way more tactical and I have backing. There will be change in Ireland, mark my words. The change needed. In the last month, innocent children stabbed leaving school. Ashling Murphy murdered. Two Sligo men decapitated. This is NOT Ireland’s future! If they do not act soon with their plan of action to ensure Ireland’s safety, I will.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1728103250962808866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1728103250962808866%7Ctwgr%5E8a85acb5a5c35fea312cf70d02b1980d33cf6709%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-22601152554007473796.ampproject.net%2F2310301456000%2Fframe.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5934 on: November 25, 2023, 08:41:13 am »
I remember there being a bomb scare around Patrick St in the 80's, I was pissed off as my mum had promised to take me to Burgerland.
But it is the past and you are now over it. :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5935 on: November 25, 2023, 08:49:30 am »

Probably to get coked up, beat up an old man in a pub then cheat on his wife.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5936 on: November 25, 2023, 08:51:48 am »
Reading his words as generously as possible, I imagine some kind of political run - him, or someone sponsored by him. It is a total guess; I could be wrong. But my guess is more palatable than the other obvious alternatives of his words (violence, which would totally fit with his character). Not sure how much support he has in Ireland. He is a total c*nt of course.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: November 25, 2023, 08:56:19 am »

The ‘man of the people’ who apparently named his Dublin residence Mac Mansion, when he’s not loafing in one of his other properties overseas

https://thesportsrush.com/ufc-news-where-does-conor-mcgregor-live-las-vegas-marbella-and-ireland-properties-the-ufc-legend-owns/

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5938 on: November 25, 2023, 10:13:47 am »
It's absolutely mad that as a nation who sent 6 million or more to the US, we haven't grasped that immigrants can enrich the culture and economy of a country. I've seen

I hear murmurings of discontent in the north too. In particular, towards the increasing Indian population. They just about tolerated the pale-skinned eastern europeans (apart from burning the odd one out of their home), but now it's brown and black people and the pasty Belfastards can't stomach it. 

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5939 on: November 25, 2023, 10:49:20 am »
My pizza girl is Croatian. My kebab guys are Kurds. My breakfast roll peeps are Polish and Brazilian. My cigarettes guy is Pakistani. Also, the first black Irish born generation are really starting to show. It’s great hearing pure Cork accents out of them.

It’s a rich tapestry.
The question is
Can they Hurl ?

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5940 on: November 25, 2023, 11:32:18 am »
Not all immigrants are the same, it's naive to think otherwise.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5941 on: November 25, 2023, 12:23:44 pm »

Become president and change the flag into three parallel white lines?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5942 on: November 25, 2023, 12:31:12 pm »
If only there was a way of swapping these dregs with good immigrants.

They are absolute vermin that offer nothing to society at any level.  Between the dregs dole c*nts in the towns and city to these weird young red neck types.

I blame smart phones for a lot of this. pre-2013 if you wanted to get online you pretty much needed to own a PC or laptop and were considered a nerd if you used a computer. the advent of smart phones meant cheap and easy access to the internet and they have wrecked the online world as much as society.

i cant stand the covert right wing c*nts we have here as well. They feel a certain type of way but pretend they are more forward thinking. you hear their true feelings come out in certain situation

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: November 25, 2023, 12:32:05 pm »
Become president and change the flag into three parallel white lines?

hopefully his heart will give out before he gives a chance to. horrible person.

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
« Reply #5944 on: November 25, 2023, 03:18:09 pm »
It's absolutely mad that as a nation who sent 6 million or more to the US, we haven't grasped that immigrants can enrich the culture and economy of a country. I've seen

I hear murmurings of discontent in the north too. In particular, towards the increasing Indian population. They just about tolerated the pale-skinned eastern europeans (apart from burning the odd one out of their home), but now it's brown and black people and the pasty Belfastards can't stomach it.
It's definitely starting to bubble under the surface, place i worked in til i went out on my own a couple off months ago has brought in around 12 Indian fabricators and welders in the last year. Lot off the boys from here have had there noses put out of joint but i have to say they are some off the hardest working ppl i've ever met and i always had good craic with them.

Offline CraigR2323

• Main Stander
« Reply #5945 on: November 25, 2023, 04:29:02 pm »
Does make you wonder what the reception would be like if Liverpool or United reach the UEFA League Final?

No. It doesn't!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5946 on: November 25, 2023, 06:20:01 pm »
Does make you wonder what the reception would be like if Liverpool or United reach the UEFA League Final?

They'll all be out in force in their Liverpool or Manchester United jerseys cheering on Salah or Rashford

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #5948 on: November 26, 2023, 11:55:22 am »
Not all immigrants are the same, it's naive to think otherwise.

What's this in reference to?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5949 on: November 27, 2023, 11:57:59 am »
on a more positive note, lovely thread about a nurse on the scene of the stabbings:

Starts here https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1728881522755916226

This is Leo Ralph Villamayor from the Philippines, an agency nurse.

On November 23rd he was on the way to his graduation in the Gresham Hotel when the stabbing happened.

Leo quickly raced to the little girl and did CPR for minutes until the ambulance arrived on scene.

Hero  ❤️

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5950 on: November 27, 2023, 12:59:33 pm »
You know Ireland's most famous immigrant was St Patrick.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5951 on: November 27, 2023, 01:51:05 pm »
When McGregor opens his mouth, the ignore button should be your automatic response. No matter where you go in the world there is a minority % that go out of their way to show they are just knobs. They are in the local pub all the way up to government unfortunately. I still love the local councillors or politician getting on tv passing along their sympathy after a horrible accident or murder has taken place. In another life they were probably ambulance chasers. Anyway we will hear a lot of grievances this week in the Dail but very little work done to aid the front line staff.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5953 on: December 5, 2023, 03:54:45 pm »
Most ‘Ireland is full’ and ‘Irish lives matter’ online posts originate abroad
“The most popular phrase was “Ireland is full”, which was used 218,000 times by 60,000 accounts during the month. It was used by Irish users almost 32,000 times and about 33,000 times by US and UK accounts.“

“Ireland belongs to the Irish” was used 105,000 times by 39,000 users. Just more than 10,500 of these came from Irish users compared with 20,000 from US and UK users.

“Irish lives matter” was used far more in the US than in Ireland and only became popular as a hashtag after the events of November 23rd. It was used in the US and UK about 7,000 times compared with just under 4,000 in Ireland.“

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: February 4, 2024, 09:34:17 pm »
Nothing of interest happen of late? :P

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5955 on: February 5, 2024, 06:42:00 am »
Nothing of interest happen of late? :P

A woman from the rebel county got a big job up there in the north.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5956 on: February 6, 2024, 10:58:16 am »
John Bruton has died

Taoiseach from 94-97
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5957 on: February 7, 2024, 11:53:33 am »
SF should concentrate on fixing our devolved shit show rather than any talk of border polling, for now. I say that as someone quite receptive to a united ireland.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5958 on: February 7, 2024, 01:15:13 pm »
John Bruton has died

Taoiseach from 94-97

Sad news. Always seemed like a fairly decent person at heart, if not quite the most talented or effective leader.

Was fairly unlucky with circumstances. Firstly having to fix the economic mess left by FF. And then dealing with a fairly duplicitous leader of Labour (and losing power due to their collapse rather than FGs).