Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1394507 times)

Offline Paulinjo

• Shoulda gone to Specsavers
  • Main Stander
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #5000 on: December 27, 2019, 02:16:57 pm »
I heard there is a song for him after he scored. Anyone willing to write it here? Many thanks.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #5001 on: December 27, 2019, 02:22:56 pm »
I really hope he stays at right back.

His numbers are ridiculous from this position and I don't think they'd improve with him in midfield. Being a right back means that he has more space to operate and ping those assists in.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5002 on: December 27, 2019, 02:23:15 pm »
What. A. Player.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #5003 on: December 27, 2019, 02:23:50 pm »
I heard there is a song for him after he scored. Anyone willing to write it here? Many thanks.

If it's the usual:

The Scouser in our team
The Scouser in our team
He's Alexander-Arnold
He's Alexander-Arnold
He's Alexander-Arnold
The Scouser in our team

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #5004 on: December 27, 2019, 02:41:50 pm »
We've got Kevin De Bruyne at right back.

No you're wrong there as he plays for Manchester City.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5005 on: December 27, 2019, 02:43:16 pm »
If it's the usual:

The Scouser in our team
The Scouser in our team
He's Alexander-Arnold
He's Alexander-Arnold
He's Alexander-Arnold
The Scouser in our team

Did you see his interview on Prime ? He kept looking over his shoulder when it was being sung and he looked delighted.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5006 on: December 27, 2019, 02:48:38 pm »
We've got Kevin De Bruyne at right back.

I see him more like David Beckham. Just needs a goal from his own half now and to marry whatever today's equivalent of a Spice Girl is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5007 on: December 27, 2019, 02:51:09 pm »
Little Mix? Ox's missus is from that group too...I think.  :D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5008 on: December 27, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »
13 assists in the Prem last season. 10 so far this.

What's the assist-record for ĺ defender again?
Since then, he’s never looked back. Long-term injury to Clyne opened the door the following season, and less than three years after that league debut, Alexander-Arnold has already clocked up his 100th appearance for his boyhood club.

He’s won the Champions League, entered the Guinness Book of Records after setting a new record for most assists by a defender in a Premier League season, and become the youngest ever player to appear in consecutive Champions League finals.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-unique-qualities-mattladson-this-is-anfield

It’s on the pitch though where Alexander-Arnold draws the most praise. Whether it’s for his assists - 16 of them in 40 appearances last season - or his sweeping, perfectly-weighted cross-field passes to fellow full-back Andy Robertson.

In the recent win over Manchester City at Anfield, it was his clever left-foot pass to Robertson that unlocked City’s defence for the second goal of the game. A keen chess player, Alexander-Arnold has the vision of an elite midfielder. He’s the queen in Liverpool’s tactical plan, playing line-breaking passes vertically, horizontally or diagonally.

Recently, he’s been compared to Gerrard, Kevin de Bruyne and David Beckham; comparisons that are made due to his crossing ability from the right side. But it’s not just his crossing that stands him out; he has vision, technique and tactical understanding that are rarely seen in a player at such a young age.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 03:12:05 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5009 on: December 27, 2019, 03:31:45 pm »
Also last night was one of his best defensive performances.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5010 on: December 27, 2019, 03:35:05 pm »
Liverpudlians of all team affiliations really should cherish this kid - he is absolutely atypical in that he’s already trying to figure out how to give back to the community and heavily at that. He’s going to be one of the athletes that’s a pillar of the community that local youths will look up to and want to emulate - and he’s going to help so many by giving them a platform to at least have a chance of success. Amazing.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5011 on: December 27, 2019, 03:36:32 pm »
The period last season were we drew something like 4 from 6 coincided with him being injured didn't it? Further emphasises his importance. As vital as Virgil.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5012 on: December 27, 2019, 03:50:23 pm »
I really hope he stays at right back.

His numbers are ridiculous from this position and I don't think they'd improve with him in midfield. Being a right back means that he has more space to operate and ping those assists in.

Yep. The idea that a central midfielder is the creative lynchpin of a team doesn't apply anymore. He should stay where he is: more space, more time, more involvement in the attack

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5013 on: December 27, 2019, 03:52:35 pm »
The period last season were we drew something like 4 from 6 coincided with him being injured didn't it? Further emphasises his importance. As vital as Virgil.

He only missed one game out of those. He was poor against the Mancs [as was the entire team], and we were wasteful against Everton [he played in that game as well].

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5014 on: December 27, 2019, 03:54:21 pm »
Yep. The idea that a central midfielder is the creative lynchpin of a team doesn't apply anymore. He should stay where he is: more space, more time, more involvement in the attack
Agree. Klopp has created something else that will take a while for modern systems and managers to adapt to. Move him into midfield and we become somewhat predictable and he will be marked to feck, since current systems, routines and players in there know the drill.
For me he stays.

For now they just don't know what to do with Liverpool and TAA. We're running amok!

It'll take 5-10 years for academies to start spawning creative, box-to-box midfielders at rightback since they can now see that it can, and does work very effectively, but for now- he's unstoppable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 03:59:44 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5015 on: December 27, 2019, 03:58:37 pm »
Virgil van Dijk believes Brendan Rodgers’ deployment of James Maddison allowed Trent Alexander-Arnold the opportunity to run riot against Leicester last night.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/27/virgil-van-dijk-reveals-tactical-error-let-trent-alexander-arnold-run-riot-vs-leicester-11965674/?ito=cbshare

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5016 on: December 27, 2019, 04:35:25 pm »
He is a long way from being acknowledged as such, with the likes of Kane being media darlings, but Trent is on quick course to becoming the best English player.     

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5017 on: December 27, 2019, 05:20:28 pm »
He is a long way from being acknowledged as such, with the likes of Kane being media darlings, but Trent is on quick course to becoming the best English player.     

As long as Southgate doesn't think so, that'll be fine.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5018 on: December 27, 2019, 05:35:44 pm »
A Manc friend of mine is trying to rationalise his love for Trent. All he can come up with is the usual ''He'll soon be off to Barca/Real, he's too good to stay''.

I've made a bet with him that Trent sees out his career with us, and reaches stratospheric legendary status. I expect to collect on the bet.

Chances are higher for a barca/real player wishing to come here, than the other way around.

We're magic. They will never understand.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5019 on: December 27, 2019, 06:07:22 pm »
No chance Trent is joining Barca/Real. If this was 5 or 6 years ago then maybe it was possible although very remote.

La Liga is not able to offer the same kind of money and exposure as PL especially if the current tv deal keeps revising upwards.

Marketing wise, PL is also streets ahead of La Liga and other European leagues. People watch PL in Asia, Africa and Middle East. You cannot say the same about La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A. Even South America and North America which had been traditional La Liga market has turned its attention to PL

Add to the reason there is no longer any pull factor in La Liga apart from the weather. Messi is on his last legs and Ronaldo has moved on to Juventus, the old Barca-Real rivalry isn’t the same anymore. I remember last year as the first year I skipped El-Classico and I have never watched it since.

We are looking compete PL and CL titles every year with this squad so joining any Spanish club in the years to come feels rather counter intuitive.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5020 on: December 27, 2019, 11:21:20 pm »
Also last night was one of his best defensive performances.
Yep, a truly remarkable game, not sure I’ve seen a more complete performance from a fullback ever. Flawless when defending, totally dominated his side against what many say is the second best left back in the league, 1 goal, 2 brilliant assists + the corner kick which lead to the penalty.

He is ridiculously good, and he’s just recently turned 21. 21!

Offline Rojo Junior

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5021 on: December 28, 2019, 12:18:44 pm »
As long as Southgate doesn't think so, that'll be fine.

Agreed, i'd rather his abilities went unnoticed whilst he develops with us. Fortunately this season everyone seems to have jumped on the Kane/Rashford/Lingard/Wan-Bissaka hype train

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5022 on: December 28, 2019, 12:30:49 pm »
Liverpudlians of all team affiliations really should cherish this kid - he is absolutely atypical in that he’s already trying to figure out how to give back to the community and heavily at that. He’s going to be one of the athletes that’s a pillar of the community that local youths will look up to and want to emulate - and he’s going to help so many by giving them a platform to at least have a chance of success. Amazing.

We all play on a Trend Arnold pitch ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5023 on: December 28, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »
I think his ceiling is frightening (for the opposition). Got a real shout of Liverpool player of the year, PFA player of the year (young player is already sown up) and he is only going to get better. It's not always a given with youngsters because some people who are only 25 might be passing prime (eg Owen) but you just know that serious I jury permitting he will get more beastly
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:51:59 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #5024 on: December 28, 2019, 01:22:11 pm »
OK - one more game to go this year...

Top 10 assist men of 2019  in Europe ... (only defender is TAA):
#1 KDB & Thomas Mueller - 23 assists
#3 TAA - 22 assists
#4 Jadon Sancho - 21 assists
#5 Angel Di Maria - 20 assists

I know who I'll be rooting for - c'mon Trent, one more against Wolves!!!!!!!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #5025 on: December 28, 2019, 01:23:10 pm »
...or two...????
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5026 on: December 28, 2019, 01:51:12 pm »
A Manc friend of mine is trying to rationalise his love for Trent. All he can come up with is the usual ''He'll soon be off to Barca/Real, he's too good to stay''.

I've made a bet with him that Trent sees out his career with us, and reaches stratospheric legendary status. I expect to collect on the bet.

To be fair, Trent has had a long career with us, so he may be looking for a new challenge in his old age.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5027 on: December 28, 2019, 03:04:42 pm »
Agreed, i'd rather his abilities went unnoticed whilst he develops with us. Fortunately this season everyone seems to have jumped on the Kane/Rashford/Lingard/Wan-Bissaka hype train

Didn't Southgate start him twice in the last 2 England games (to our detriment) during the Sterling-Gomez debacle? Trent came back from that international break knackered and bunged up with flu... Hence the below par performance versus Aston Villa, where he still pulled off the winning assist.

Think the whole "can't get an England start"/ "Southgate prefers Trippier" arguments are as tired and old as the suggestion Klopp would bench Trent for Gomez at right back to shore up our defence. That hasn't happened in forever (since he was 19 and still developing or just out with injury).  Any calls for Gomez at RB in the Premier League were rightly ignored at the start of this season. Whatever he needs to work on defensively, Trent is vital to the way Liverpool plays. He's arguably as important as Van Dijk, if not more.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5028 on: December 29, 2019, 06:35:44 pm »
Looked like he was running on fumes at the end there, could do with missing both Sheffield Utd and Everton if we can get away with it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5029 on: December 29, 2019, 06:49:47 pm »
He looked fucked towards the end. Maybe play Milly at RB against Sheffield United.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5030 on: December 29, 2019, 06:55:57 pm »
Fast becoming my favourite player, there was a cross there in the 1st half he put in, as good as a goal it was, just needed prodding home.  Think defender got to Mane iirc.  Anyways , superb today again, he is starting to hit to them consistent levels of delivering excellence, Steveie G esque dare I say,
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #5031 on: December 29, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »
Vinagre gave him a bit of a roasting today.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #5032 on: December 29, 2019, 08:42:02 pm »

Yeah, Ruben Vinagre looks a quality player - gave Trent all sorts of troubles in the game
The change is cast

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5033 on: December 29, 2019, 10:54:55 pm »
Yeah, Ruben Vinagre looks a quality player - gave Trent all sorts of troubles in the game

Could be a quality backup for Robbo.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5034 on: December 29, 2019, 11:39:31 pm »

Trent was knackered so I would take today’s performance with a pinch of salt.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5035 on: December 29, 2019, 11:40:53 pm »
He looked fucked towards the end. Maybe play Milly at RB against Sheffield United.

Except we might also need him (Milner, not Trent!) in midfield too given how knackered a few of them looked out there today.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5036 on: December 30, 2019, 12:37:37 am »
Ballon D’or at 21?

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #5037 on: December 30, 2019, 03:19:54 am »
Most of them were knackered yesterday and that makes their fighting spirit so impressive. With proper rest after Shefield game, this team will start stream rolling opponents again.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #5038 on: December 30, 2019, 07:58:42 am »
An article i read in german newspaper about our TAA. Good read

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/liverpool-premier-league-trent-alexander-arnold-1.4738588

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5039 on: December 30, 2019, 11:19:01 am »
"U sucking dick?"

He's a great player, but let's not canonize the lad.

Hardly cannonsing him is he? God forbid a (at the time) teenage lad did something daft. His work in the community far outweighs a juvenile moment. He's already a great role model for young kids.