Author Topic: FSG discussion thread  (Read 745141 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: FSG discussion thread
« Reply #7360 on: November 28, 2022, 04:54:39 pm »
well that escalated quickly
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7361 on: November 28, 2022, 04:57:38 pm »
I don;t know how this might play into the takeover thing but the Head of Qatar's World Cup bid and organising committee has said today in a interview that he's a supporter of Liverpool. Might he have the ear of the Qatari bidders or something?  ???

Imagine those two and Gary Barlow jointly owning the club. Shuddering.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7362 on: November 28, 2022, 05:11:55 pm »
Wonder how much Salah drives the conversation in all this.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #7363 on: November 28, 2022, 05:13:18 pm »
The biggest criticism of FSG has been that they don't put in their own money. How is fan ownership gonna be any different?

I’m not saying 100% ownership. Even a 10% stake as previously suggested would be a start?

And the criticism of FSG not investing is stated to be down to their businessmen nature, risk appetite, they’re not fans, they don’t care and they don’t want to win (paraphrasing many posters). Wouldn’t a fan stake obviate all of that, because fans priorities are different from business owners and will be willing to fund to compete.

Edit: also to be clear I’m not saying a conglomerate of fans on RAWK or whatever. Any fan, maybe a wealthy Liverpool fan like some celebrities or consortium of them with means, Dr Dre, Brad Pitt, Gegenpresser, Daniel Craig, Clive Owen, heck John Henry personally, who knows.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:20:11 pm by Historical Fool »
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7364 on: November 28, 2022, 05:16:34 pm »
Imagine those two and Gary Barlow jointly owning the club. Shuddering.

Who knows how much that twat of a dad earnt off the back of brexit,my guess is that it'd take the average person a whole lot longer than 50yrs to match it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7365 on: November 28, 2022, 05:17:35 pm »

Who knows how much that twat of a dad earnt off the back of brexit,my guess is that it'd take the average person a whole lot longer than 50yrs to match it.

But after 50 years, the average person'd start to see the benefit of that right?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7366 on: November 28, 2022, 05:18:43 pm »
I’m not saying 100% ownership. Even a 10% stake as previously suggested would be a start?

And the criticism of FSG not investing is stated to be down to their businessmen nature, risk appetite, they’re not fans, they don’t care and they don’t want to win (paraphrasing many posters). Wouldn’t a fan stake obviate all of that, because fans priorities are different from business owners and will be willing to fund to compete.

So we would just need 300-400m more than they originally bought the club for.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7367 on: November 28, 2022, 05:19:17 pm »
But after 50 years, the average person'd start to see the benefit of that right?

That's what he said,after the vote obviously.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7368 on: November 28, 2022, 05:20:08 pm »

That's what he said,after the vote obviously.

I know, what a dick.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #7369 on: November 28, 2022, 05:21:57 pm »

So we would just need 300-400m more than they originally bought the club for.

I do not follow your maths.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7370 on: November 28, 2022, 05:28:46 pm »
I do not follow your maths.

Neither do I tbf  ;D

We'd need £200-300m more than they originally bought the club for.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7371 on: November 28, 2022, 05:48:29 pm »

Edit: also to be clear I’m not saying a conglomerate of fans on RAWK or whatever. Any fan, maybe a wealthy Liverpool fan like some celebrities or consortium of them with means, Dr Dre, Brad Pitt, Gegenpresser, Daniel Craig, Clive Owen, heck John Henry personally, who knows.

No-one other than NESV offered up the £300 million they bought the club for, there was talk of fan ownership, but no-one could raise the money. What makes you think we could suddenly raised £450 million now, or £150 million more than NESV paid for LFC
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7372 on: November 28, 2022, 06:26:49 pm »
No-one other than NESV offered up the £300 million they bought the club for, there was talk of fan ownership, but no-one could raise the money. What makes you think we could suddenly raised £450 million now, or £150 million more than NESV paid for LFC

Peter Lim actually offered more than NESV.

SOS then offered to raise the funds to pay for the Main Stand redevelopment in return for a stake in the Club. However FSG turned them down.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7373 on: November 28, 2022, 06:41:18 pm »
The blood on his sword proved he was a red, Hamed, Hamed...
:lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7374 on: November 28, 2022, 06:44:04 pm »
In town earlier I spotted a Kuwait registered Porsche heading towards Anfield.

We're doomed.  :(
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: November 28, 2022, 07:05:22 pm »
In town earlier I spotted a Kuwait registered Porsche heading towards Anfield.

We're doomed.  :(

Was it being chased by a Ferrari with Iraqi plates ?

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7376 on: November 28, 2022, 07:08:58 pm »
So....has any news actually come out today?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7377 on: November 28, 2022, 07:12:57 pm »

Was it being chased by a Ferrari with Iraqi plates ?
Wasn't it one of the Saudi's police Lamborghini?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7378 on: November 28, 2022, 07:24:00 pm »
So....has any news actually come out today?
Apart from my bombshell news about the sighting of a Kuwait registered Porsche being chased by an Iraqi Ferrari and a Saudi police Lamborghini heading towards Anfield, no.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7379 on: November 28, 2022, 07:24:00 pm »

SOS then offered to raise the funds to pay for the Main Stand redevelopment in return for a stake in the Club. However FSG turned them down.

“Offered to raise the funds” is very different to having said funds in hand.

To my mind, fan ownership is a non-starter. Theoretically, having a small stake owned by fans might be possible, but there has been insufficient movement around that, because now that we are up for sale, there is no fan group who has the funds to put down on the table for even a small percentage. If I am wrong on that, I am happy to be corrected. But as far as I know, it has just been talk, and you can’t buy anything with talk. 

One possible way for fans to own a stake might be if FSG accepts a bid from a group that might attract fan protest, but to assuage misgivings, the condition of sale might be to offer up a small percentage, plus fan representation on the board.

This could be FSGs way of leaving with their money, while also tempering fan concerns about the new owner by cementing a permanent seat on the board and an ownership stake too.

As a hypothetical example, let’s say FSG are considering a Qatari group with money to burn. £3 Billion is the price, but it means 5% is owned by fans (worth £150M) plus a seat on the board.

The fan viewpoint would thus be represented at the highest level, permanently, and the deal would offer some scope for cross cultural interaction and opportunities for learning.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:32:06 pm by G Richards »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #7380 on: November 28, 2022, 07:29:49 pm »
The blood on his sword proved he was a red, Hamed, Hamed...
I'll cut your tongue out from your head...
He said, he said...
I keep my slaves tied up in chains,
I beat my wife 'til she’s in pain...
Qatari owners, everything will be fine...
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7381 on: November 28, 2022, 07:49:34 pm »
Apart from my bombshell news about the sighting of a Kuwait registered Porsche being chased by an Iraqi Ferrari and a Saudi police Lamborghini heading towards Anfield, no.

I just saw one of those big fuck off trump type trucks with New Hampshire plates heading vaguely in the direction of Fenway park,make of that what ya will.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7382 on: November 28, 2022, 07:55:13 pm »
I can just see the discussion in our new boardroom,

"You know that Journalist in the guardian that does not favour our team, what if he had a little accident"
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #7383 on: November 28, 2022, 08:14:11 pm »
“Offered to raise the funds” is very different to having said funds in hand.

To my mind, fan ownership is a non-starter. Theoretically, having a small stake owned by fans might be possible, but there has been insufficient movement around that, because now that we are up for sale, there is no fan group who has the funds to put down on the table for even a small percentage. If I am wrong on that, I am happy to be corrected. But as far as I know, it has just been talk, and you can’t buy anything with talk. 

One possible way for fans to own a stake might be if FSG accepts a bid from a group that might attract fan protest, but to assuage misgivings, the condition of sale might be to offer up a small percentage, plus fan representation on the board.

This could be FSGs way of leaving with their money, while also tempering fan concerns about the new owner by cementing a permanent seat on the board and an ownership stake too.

As a hypothetical example, let’s say FSG are considering a Qatari group with money to burn. £3 Billion is the price, but it means 5% is owned by fans (worth £150M) plus a seat on the board.

The fan viewpoint would thus be represented at the highest level, permanently, and the deal would offer some scope for cross cultural interaction and opportunities for learning.

That's what I would be thinking. It's a starting point.  But with another option of another 5% made available say in 5 years. They get some of their money back and fans increase their ownership. I think it could be done and any buyer is not losing their money and still retains overall control.

If one share costs £100 we would need maximum of a million people to buy one each to get to 100 million. But surely the likes of Stevie G would buy a few thousand worth at once. Shares offered to Season ticket holders first then ex players / staff / managers / rawk members / Bear lovers / LFC forum members then fan card then general public.

As I said before it might be a pipe dream but that's what we should be aiming for.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #7384 on: November 28, 2022, 08:20:09 pm »

That’s Peter Lim who owned a chain of Manchester United themed bars, whose ownership of Valencia has been pretty disappointing to put it mildly, and owns 40% of Salford FC along with Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, the Neville brothers and Butt?

I remember you being a big fan of his once upon a time.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7385 on: November 28, 2022, 08:52:44 pm »
That’s Peter Lim who owned a chain of Manchester United themed bars, whose ownership of Valencia has been pretty disappointing to put it mildly, and owns 40% of Salford FC along with Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, the Neville brothers and Butt?

Make no bones about it, if Lim bought us instead of FSG, we'd still be languishing in mediocrity.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7386 on: November 28, 2022, 09:14:49 pm »
How about Abdulla bin Ahmed Al GHURAIR, he made his money from pasta.

Come on everyone loves pasta.
Pasta is cultural appropriation and thus racist. 

I expected better of you Al.

;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #7387 on: November 28, 2022, 09:19:02 pm »
Why not donald trump? He has lots of money?
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7388 on: November 28, 2022, 09:56:03 pm »
Why not donald trump? He has lots of money?

Ivanka replace Linda?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:59 pm »
Make no bones about it, if Lim bought us instead of FSG, we'd still be languishing in mediocrity.
And hired his best mate Gary Neville as manager. ::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7390 on: November 28, 2022, 10:05:55 pm »

His ownership of Valencia has been a bloody disaster - hired Neville as manager ffs. 14 managers in his 8 years there, close tied to Mendes, losses totalling £323 million, quality of playing staff reduced. Thank fuck RBS refused to even listen to his offers.

Oh and he's done nothing to get the half built stadium finished (yes I know it started before his time, but we've redevloped the main and Anny is the same time he's owned Valencia)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:07:53 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7391 on: November 28, 2022, 10:18:17 pm »

Lim’s daughter, Kim, caused controversy in July by hitting back at the club’s fanbase on Instagram. “Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,” she wrote in a since-deleted post. “Don’t they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it … no one can say anything.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/12/pressure-grows-on-valencias-peter-lim-as-francis-coquelin-is-sold-to-villarreal

Thankfully we didn't get him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7392 on: November 28, 2022, 10:33:31 pm »
Lim’s daughter, Kim, caused controversy in July by hitting back at the club’s fanbase on Instagram. “Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,” she wrote in a since-deleted post. “Don’t they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it … no one can say anything.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/12/pressure-grows-on-valencias-peter-lim-as-francis-coquelin-is-sold-to-villarreal

Thankfully we didn't get him.

Kim Lim - haha.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7393 on: November 28, 2022, 10:37:15 pm »
Kim Lim - haha.

A very dim and grim Kim Lim
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7394 on: November 28, 2022, 10:39:21 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7395 on: November 28, 2022, 11:46:27 pm »
but she is very slim.

Turns out she's a him

(That's rumor anyway)

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #7396 on: November 28, 2022, 11:50:03 pm »
Turns out she's a him

(That's rumor anyway)

Nonsense.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #7397 on: November 29, 2022, 12:08:42 am »
That's what I would be thinking. It's a starting point.  But with another option of another 5% made available say in 5 years. They get some of their money back and fans increase their ownership. I think it could be done and any buyer is not losing their money and still retains overall control.

If one share costs £100 we would need maximum of a million people to buy one each to get to 100 million. But surely the likes of Stevie G would buy a few thousand worth at once. Shares offered to Season ticket holders first then ex players / staff / managers / rawk members / Bear lovers / LFC forum members then fan card then general public.

As I said before it might be a pipe dream but that's what we should be aiming for.

get it organised then if you think it will work. Pointless talking about it, actions speak louder than words
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #7398 on: November 29, 2022, 06:29:19 am »
It may be uncertain times, but at least we're not Juventus...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63785489

9 Serie A titles in a row between 2011 and 2020, but they've gone downhill fast. Their entire board of directors has resigned (including President and owner Andrea Agnelli, and Vice President Patrick Swayze), over an investigation into player registrations, false accounting, and non-existent transactions.

If the Italian police and Football Federation can uncover this (as they did with the Calciopoli scandal), then why can't the likes of City be exposed for things that the general public already know are happening - like fake companies masquerading as sponsorship, dodgy payments, massively inflated player sales figures, and fake revenues to cheat FFP.

The Agnelli family aren't far behind Sheikh Mansour in terms of personal wealth, so clearly no-one is untouchable.

For the good of the game all this cheating and corruption needs exposing soon, before its too late. I live in hope...
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #7399 on: November 29, 2022, 07:18:53 am »
It may be uncertain times, but at least we're not Juventus...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63785489

9 Serie A titles in a row between 2011 and 2020, but they've gone downhill fast. Their entire board of directors has resigned (including President and owner Andrea Agnelli, and Vice President Patrick Swayze), over an investigation into player registrations, false accounting, and non-existent transactions.

If the Italian police and Football Federation can uncover this (as they did with the Calciopoli scandal), then why can't the likes of City be exposed for things that the general public already know are happening - like fake companies masquerading as sponsorship, dodgy payments, massively inflated player sales figures, and fake revenues to cheat FFP.

The Agnelli family aren't far behind Sheikh Mansour in terms of personal wealth, so clearly no-one is untouchable.

For the good of the game all this cheating and corruption needs exposing soon, before its too late. I live in hope...

Court process is ongoing, just let it play out in cult I guess