Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157214 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #8080 on: June 28, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »
Look, I'm really sorry.  I'm not a coarse kind of guy but sometimes a swear or two is called for.

What the fucking fuckety fuck are some of you fucking fucks fucking crying about?

You're worried about whether we'll be ok with 'just' Daniel.  JUST 'Daniel'?!! You're a shower, an absolute shower.

*snip*

:D Nice work.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8081 on: June 29, 2014, 01:55:20 am »
I have an erection AND I'm really stuck with this maths problem

i hate it when that happens

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8082 on: June 30, 2014, 10:55:43 pm »
If this guy stays fit I trust him to be our main striker. But it's a big if.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8083 on: July 1, 2014, 12:06:26 am »
Imagine if he was German.

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8084 on: July 1, 2014, 05:03:48 am »
What do you all think Daniel would be if he were an intangible, transcendent work of art?

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8085 on: July 1, 2014, 08:47:51 am »

Offline Coutinholycow

• King Midas. If he pays £50m for a single tomato, that tomato is worth £50m.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8086 on: July 1, 2014, 08:51:12 am »
If this guy stays fit I trust him to be our main striker. But it's a big if.

Needs a top back up or Liverpool need to find an elite winger that can fill in at striker in case he goes down.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #8087 on: July 1, 2014, 09:32:21 am »
Thanks Spock for giving me really good chuckle while also succinctly attacking the ohnoesitstheendoftheworld now we only have Sturridge thoughts that seem to be floating around.

Only reason there is less hype around our Daniel is because Suarez had such an amazing standout season. Look at Sturridge figures in isolation and you would be drooling.  He is that good. His return was that good.

He might have had the chance to take the no9 shirt last preseason but this time he has earnt it and deserves to be wearing it when he smashes PL and CL defences apart in the new and for him I think huge season.

I'm gutted Suarez is so nuts and seemingly at the end of his time here but you know what, I'm not in the least bit worried about our forward play without him and forget who we sign if Suarez does go, that is entirely down to the man we already have on the books.

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8088 on: July 1, 2014, 08:53:05 pm »
Thank you Spock.  Although it got me thinking - we should have a thread where all our players are represented by intangible, transcendent works of art.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8089 on: July 5, 2014, 01:03:14 pm »
Sturridge is ready to be our main man.

I actually think he suit leading the line on his own, like Torres used to do.  So might thrive even more without Suarez.  He was deadly when Suarez was injured and we played Coutinho behind him in their first season here.

So nice to say we already have a 20+ goalscorer at the club when we seem to be losing another one.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #8090 on: July 5, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »
I think our attack looked better and we played better when we played both of the SAS but individually, Sturridge looked better playing on his own. Strange, but true - I think he and Raheem will both flourish even without Luis.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8091 on: July 6, 2014, 02:32:51 am »
Was at wet republic today with welbeck and Rooney had the best cabana in the place and was all over my mate.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #8092 on: July 6, 2014, 04:49:59 am »
Just saw him at the UFC event tonight, sitting behind current Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #8093 on: July 6, 2014, 06:31:36 am »
^ Looking up martial arts to increase strength and finesse? No kungfu kicks on a Chelsea supporter I hope.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #8094 on: July 6, 2014, 01:29:52 pm »
This coming season he'll be the main man and I have a feeling that he'll take this chance and establish himself as one of the best in the world.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #8095 on: July 6, 2014, 04:14:50 pm »
I don't agree with some that having Sturridge as a lone striker will benefit him, I think people seem to forget just how good the strike partnership between him and Suarez actually was. However, what I will say is that trying to fit those two in did somewhat affect the balance of the team, so in that respect I think it will be beneficial.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #8096 on: July 6, 2014, 04:18:07 pm »
This coming season he'll be the main man and I have a feeling that he'll take this chance and establish himself as one of the best in the world.

21 goals in 26 starting appearances with 3 more coming off the bench is outrageous. I cannot wait to see just how good he will be next season. He is great at holding the ball up from deeper, however his decision making in the box at times can be hit and miss and I am sure he will be working on that with the boss.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8097 on: July 6, 2014, 04:21:12 pm »
This is the season he becomes the main man, and his more than up to the task.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8098 on: July 6, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »
Suarez confirmed then?

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #8099 on: July 6, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »
Anyone got a gif or video of his touchline skill before he laid it off for Johnson for the England goal vs Uruguay?
-YNWA-

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8100 on: July 9, 2014, 03:43:38 am »
Friend of mine that works at Beats Audio bumped into Sturridge in their lounge today watching the semi final. Recounting what he relayed to me:

- Said he was an Arsenal fan
- When asked if Suarez would stay, he said he doesn't really care. It's the team that comes first.
- When asked about Sanchez, he said he's a great player and he'd love to play with him.

Nothing major just reporting what I heard.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #8101 on: July 9, 2014, 03:50:52 am »
Sturridge is ready to be our main man.

I actually think he suit leading the line on his own, like Torres used to do.  So might thrive even more without Suarez.  He was deadly when Suarez was injured and we played Coutinho behind him in their first season here.

So nice to say we already have a 20+ goalscorer at the club when we seem to be losing another one.

Its such a massive comfort. I genuinely believe he can score 30 next season, provided he stays fit and can start 40-45 games.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8102 on: July 9, 2014, 04:40:05 am »
Friend of mine that works at Beats Audio bumped into Sturridge in their lounge today watching the semi final. Recounting what he relayed to me:

- Said he was an Arsenal fan
- When asked if Suarez would stay, he said he doesn't really care. It's the team that comes first.
- When asked about Sanchez, he said he's a great player and he'd love to play with him.

Nothing major just reporting what I heard.

Heartbreaking for me, but not surprised.

Arsenal are such a hipster team  :no

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #8103 on: July 9, 2014, 11:27:13 am »
Heartbreaking for me, but not surprised.

Arsenal are such a hipster team  :no
How are Arsenal a hipster team?

He's never hidden the fact that he supported Arsenal as a child and that his hero was Thierry Henry. I bloody loved Henry when I was younger too, even though I've always been a Red.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Kever09

• Main Stander
  • The Liverpool train is coming..........
« Reply #8104 on: July 9, 2014, 11:49:50 am »
Do you all think Sturridge will be at Liverpool forever?

I hope he is but i still have that feeling that he could easily move on, he's always saying he's grateful to Lpool , to Br , To god , and so on and so on...... What i want from him now is I am i Fu**ing love Liverpool and im here forever , i want to go down as one of the legends here. Thats the type of shit i want to be hearing from him with Suarez moving on. And the fact he is open about being an Arsenal fan suggests if arsenal were to ever bid 40 million + 1 pound he would do his utmost to leave us and join them. I like sturridge, but i dont want to love him.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #8105 on: July 9, 2014, 11:54:22 am »

I hope he is but i still have that feeling that he could easily move on, he's always saying he's grateful to Lpool , to Br , To god , and so on and so on...... What i want from him now is I am i Fu**ing love Liverpool and im here forever , i want to go down as one of the legends here. Thats the type of shit i want to be hearing from him with Suarez moving on. And the fact he is open about being an Arsenal fan suggests if arsenal were to ever bid 40 million + 1 pound he would do his utmost to leave us and join them. I like sturridge, but i dont want to love him.
Why? Torres blew smoke up everyone's arses and then ran off to Chelsea when times got tough. As long as he is here all I want is that he is committed and respectful to us, I don't really care about footballers "undying love" anymore.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Kever09

• Main Stander
  • The Liverpool train is coming..........
« Reply #8106 on: July 9, 2014, 11:57:33 am »
yes, what youy just said is how i feel , didnt put the first post right.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8107 on: July 9, 2014, 02:07:44 pm »
Was at wet republic today with welbeck and Rooney had the best cabana in the place and was all over my mate.

Ah man, wish we went there instead. Wet Republic is always full of beauties.
YNWA.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8108 on: July 9, 2014, 04:52:04 pm »

I think he'll give us his best years for sure but I think I can at least see him wanting to do the MLS thing. He seems well into in afro-american/carribean culture. Wouldn't be surprised to see him wanting to give Spain a shot either. Personality-wise he just seems to have a bit more going on than your standard laddy, stay-at-home footballer. Just as long as he gives us his peak years (ie the next 5) I'll happily call him a legend anyway if he fires us a few trophies.

EDIT: "standard laddy, stay-at-home footballer" <- this is a bit harsh of me. A lot of them have families quite young. Danny doesn't really seem that type.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 04:54:40 pm by groove »

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #8109 on: July 9, 2014, 05:00:06 pm »
Ah man, wish we went there instead. Wet Republic is always full of beauties.

Wet Republic in Vegas?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8110 on: July 9, 2014, 05:04:47 pm »

Don't know about forever, but there's no chance Arsenal will come in for him while Wenger is in charge, he's not the right sort of player for them.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8111 on: July 9, 2014, 05:12:03 pm »
He's not going back to Chelsea or Man City, hell will freeze over before he is sold to Man United or even Arsenal, I would take our chances holding onto him against clubs abroad, and he seems to have genuine respect and admiration for Rodgers and the club for giving him the chance he always felt he should have.

He's about to be the main man at one of the best attacking clubs in the world. He'll be here a while.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8112 on: July 9, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »
He'll cement himself as a legitimate superstar in 2014-15.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8113 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:20 am »
Pivotal season for Humungous D. He's going to be the focal point of our attack and I think our season rests on his form.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8114 on: July 10, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

Have a word. You sound like a seven year old.

"I WANT HIM HERE FOREVER AND EVER AND TO SAY HE LOVES THE CLUB EVERYDAY!"

This reality.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8115 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:27 am »
He's got all the tools to be one of the best strikers in Europe, his goal ratio since he's been at Liverpool has been remarkable. To reach 30 league goals before the likes of Rush, Aldridge, Owen, Fowler, Torres and Suarez without penalties is just crazy. The only thing that worries me slightly is his injury record. With us playing twice a week next season we're going to have to be very careful how we use him.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8116 on: July 10, 2014, 11:50:16 am »
He's got all the tools to be one of the best strikers in Europe, his goal ratio since he's been at Liverpool has been remarkable. To reach 30 league goals before the likes of Rush, Aldridge, Owen, Fowler, Torres and Suarez without penalties is just crazy. The only thing that worries me slightly is his injury record. With us playing twice a week next season we're going to have to be very careful how we use him.

Think the injuries are a legitimate concern. One of the greatest benefits to Suarez being our fulcrum was that he just never got injured, even in games like the derby when he got nailed right on the knee he just never succumbed to it.

Sturridge definitely seems to 'feel' his injuries more than Suarez. Hopefully if he gets a bump up in terms of his importance and stature within the club he might gain a new resilliance to play through them.

I certainly don't believe that he'd ever not want to play, just that he finds it hard when carrying a niggle. Be nice to see if he can push past it, if needed.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8117 on: July 10, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »
I like to see him score 25+ goals consistently and to be performing well in CL before we're worrying about him moving on already. Why can't people just be happy to see him play for us without obsessing about transfer speculation and shitting themselves that he might leave 4-5 years down the line?

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8118 on: July 15, 2014, 11:45:39 pm »
well tbf he did score a 1 penalty, against Swansea I think

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #8119 on: July 16, 2014, 04:40:32 pm »
Still he scores.
On and On.
Don't stop for nobody.

He'll send celebrations round the ground.
Then sends your defenders spinning round.
He's always trying something new.

ooooo.
He keeps that play moving.
His scorings never ending.

And Sturridge goes on.
We hopes it everlasting.
And Sturridge Rolls on.
He inspires us.
On and on.

[Song: And the beat goes on]

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slldMEPvUqA&feature=kp

Or:

De de di di de de de di di (x2)

S S S S
T T T T
U U U U
R R R R
I I I I
D D D D
G G G G
E E E E

He can dance when he wants to.
Leave your defence behind.
Coz if Sturridge dance.
Then we'll all dance.
And you'll be left behind.

He'll score when he wants to.
Score another down the line.
Sturridge comes from out of this world.
And he's left the rest behind.

[Song: Safety Dance]

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Io6XBRRUs
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:43:40 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly