Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 544479 times)

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:52 pm »
We knew this day would come. Luis, thank you for being the most skilled player I've ever seen in our shirt. The memories from on the Kop will never be forgotten. I won't miss the 'other stuff' and I hope you can get your head sorted out.

As for LFC, we go again, we move on. Roll on the new season

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:59 pm »
Wish him all the best.

I'd put him the same bracket as Mascherano and Alonso.

Not the same as Owen and Torres.
Mascherano is not in the same bracket as Alonso, Alonso did not refuse to play, he did not force a move.

Everyone else talking about how we was the best player they've seen in a liverpool shirt, A 25 year old Steven Gerrard beats him everytime, he could take a game by the scruff of the neck and win massive games for us - something Suarez couldn't do
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »
Don't think that's strictly true. Had Barca not bid and matched the leased clause, he wouldn't of gone. He was more than happy here last season.

And we're going to have to sign of couple if very good players to make up for his loss in the team. And, ideally, they need to be players who are starting to approach their prime.
You see, I think he would of tried to leave for a foreign club regardless of who they were.

Obviously Barca made sense, but if Real, PSG, Juventus or the like would of bid a significant amount, he would of tried to leave in my opinion.

It's over now, and on our terms, we'll move on, we always do.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:33 pm »
I don't get it? Who said it was the end of the world?
Me. Gutted.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:33 pm »
I wish him all the best at Barca. At this point in time I think that it's the right move for him and us. Sure, we'll miss his outstanding individual brilliance, but I trust Rodgers to keep LFC as a club competing on all fronts. We'll have new heroes to replace him, we always do in the end.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:50 pm »
We'll all miss him, especially when we're watching the champions highlights on a cold, wet, December evening and we see Suarez score the goal of the competition for Barca  :(

All the best for Spain.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »
Just turned on tv and sky reporting 64m pounds. That can't be right?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »
You have to laugh at the irony though. Throws his toys out of his pram last year wanting to play Champions League football for Liverpool, pushes for a move to Real then Arsenal, bangs in 31 goals finally gets his wish to play Champions League football and then leaves.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:23 pm »
Don't think that's strictly true.

Of course it is. You think Barca just came in out of the blue this close season? It will have all been worked on behind the scenes, they would have sounded him out before they bid, and he wanted out last summer too, but didn't get his move, so stayed.
I think you'd be naive to think that he would have loved to stay, but the Barca bid was just too tempting.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:33 pm »
Well there's one thing for sure, he won't be forgotten.... good luck Luis, hope the move helps you settle down when on the pitch and you enjoy your stay in Barca.

Skrtel says he's looking forward to taking chunks out of you in the European Cup this year ;)
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:35 pm »
Gutted and speechless.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:37 pm »
Me. Gutted.

Ah righto, sorry thought you were being sarcastic ;)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:43 pm »
And we're going to have to sign of couple if very good players get our defense sorted to make up for his loss in the team. And, ideally, they need to be players who are starting to approach their prime.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Online Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:07 pm »
We'll all miss him, especially when we're watching the champions highlights on a cold, wet, December evening and we see Suarez score the goal of the competition for Barca  :(

All the best for Spain.

Don't give a shit because the goal will only secure 2nd place behind us in the group
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:14 pm »

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:26 pm »
Just feels like it ticks all the boxes for a sale, unlike last year.

It's a good price
It's not to a direct rival
It's not at the end of the transfer window
It's after helping us to success
He's at the right age so that his value will never get any higher
We have owners that are happy to reinvest
It's understandable that it's a move he'd want to make
He can't play for 3 months anyway

I wish him well and thank him. He deserves an excellent reception if and when he turns out at Anfield again.

Adding to that, if he bites again the ramifications would be disastrous, he could be banned for most of the season. Although I doubt that would happen at Barca.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:30 pm »
Just turned on tv and sky reporting 64m pounds. That can't be right?
Well every other UK source, including the BBC and Echo, say £75m. Make your own mind up.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »
Why would anyone want him to do well at Barca? A c*nt of a club. Plus we might be competing in the CL together. Fuck Barca. I wish him well on his journey as a human being, as a footballer, I couldn't give a fuck. 
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:50 pm »
Mascherano is not in the same bracket as Alonso, Alonso did not refuse to play, he did not force a move.

Everyone else talking about how we was the best player they've seen in a liverpool shirt, A 25 year old Steven Gerrard beats him everytime, he could take a game by the scruff of the neck and win massive games for us - something Suarez couldn't do

i thoughtr it was well documented on RAWK that was more down to Hodgson than Mascherano?

but that is for another topic

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »
All the best Luis and thanks for everything.  :wave

So Torres went and we got Suarez, Suarez goes and we get someone else, its that simple its a team game!!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:14 pm »
Today the premier league lost its best player.  A player of skill, determination, the will to always win, to never give up, a perfectionist you might say. Thanks for the memories Luis, all the best lad at your new home at the Camp Nou.  You will never forget us and we will never forget you.

Adios El Pistolero. 

See you in the Champions League :)
We all bleed RED!!

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »
We did not miss him at the beginning of the season and I personally thought he went missing when we needed him at the end. So we will move on.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »
We did not miss him at the beginning of the season and I personally thought he went missing when we needed him at the end. So we will move on.

Whatever helps mate.

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »
Liverpool was there before you Luis,  and it will still be there now you have gone, here to hoping you don't get splinters in yer arse too much . . . . Oh and thanks

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:05 pm »

All the best for Spain.
I won't see that, Sturridge will be getting interviewed on the other side for his man of the match performance in the Nou Camp after we beat them.

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:13 pm »
Is that picture of him on SSN photoshopped or real?  Doesnt feel right, looking at him in that shirt.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:16 pm »
What the fuck do Sky know about anything.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »
Thanks for the CL and amazing goals and tenacity.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:32 pm »
Liverpool was there before you Luis,  and it will still be there now you have gone, here to hoping you don't get splinters in yer arse too much . . . . Oh and thanks

You really think they paid 75m for a bench warmer? Wtf.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:35 pm »
Ah righto, sorry thought you were being sarcastic ;)

For lots of reasons I am conflicted. The timing, price, reason is right, but he's still the best player I have ever seen play in the flesh (and I have seen Messi and Ronaldo play, they weren't at the level Suarez was at when I saw him at his peak). So end of the world, but I feel fine.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:54 pm »
Privelleged to be able to say that I watched the Luis Suarez play, in his prime, at Anfield.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »
Top business by the club though.

Made him stay when we desperately needed him and sold him a year later for twice the money we bought him. Good stuff.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
Thanks for the memories. You were fantastic when actually playing football. Good luck in the future.

My first love remains Liverpool, so........NEXT:
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
When I read the statement my first thought was, which would make me more upset, those statements or if roles were reversed and Brendan was thanking the fans for the time at the club and wishing us well but saying the chance to manage Barcelona was too much to turn down.

With Luis leaving, we get 75m for replacements and the manager/strategy in place to take us forward. In my opinion, Brendan leaving and Suarez staying would be a far far bigger knock to the club in the longer term so we will move on. Hard to take but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Worst thing now is I have to change the password to everyone of my logins which are nearly all Suarez related  :butt
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »
Adios Luis. It was certainly exciting having you around.

Right - that's that done with - who do we get in next?

[I don't really want an answer to that - not looking to take off topic, or into the realms of transfer speculation, which I abhor, just showing I've moved on already :P :D ]

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »
You really think they paid 75m for a bench warmer? Wtf.

When messi realises he can't play along side him or what not, he will be fitted in around messi and if he don't fit then that's that

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:40 pm »
For lots of reasons I am conflicted. The timing, price, reason is right, but he's still the best player I have ever seen play in the flesh (and I have seen Messi and Ronaldo play, they weren't at the level Suarez was at when I saw him at his peak). So end of the world, but I feel fine.

Yeah mate agreed, unfortunately never got to see him play for Liverpool, was naively hoping he would be part of the US tour, but alas. We'll miss him, but we carry on.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »
Don't see what the prob is with Balague, apart from him being a bit of a self publicist. 81M Euros is about £74M unless they've changed the ex rate overnight. As for Luis, amazing for LFC on the pitch of course but who's to say he'd have such a blinder next season after all of that hanging around and no club training. Barca have the squad and an easier league to wait for him. Thanks Luisao. Hope you beat your daemons as well as the rest of La Liga.
81m Euros is not £74m, and it wasn't yesterday either.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »
 I'm not disappointed or angry like I was when we lost the likes of Torres, Alonso and Owen. We all knew he didn't really want to be here last summer which was understandable with hindsight. He's one of the best players in the world and we couldn't even offer him European football. We forced him to stay, though, and we got an absolutely brilliant season out of him. The form he showed has in turn got us a massive fee for him and that can now be wisely reinvested by the competent people running this club.

On a personal level, I don't really give a fuck about what he does now if I'm honest. I'll still love to watch him play but I think pushing for Barca ahead of Real (if they were indeed interested) was foolish to say the least. He won't be the main man there and if he doesn't like the English press, I wish him luck in dealing with the Madrid tabloids because they sure as hell won't be friendly to him.

We move on. We go again. Thanks and maybe see you again, Luis.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks he actually did care? He was fucking gutted when we drew that game 3-3 against...well, I've already forgotten. Cried his eyes out. I personally think he was gutted he didn't get to win the league with Liverpool. He already knew he was leaving. I'm not saying these goodbye letters aren't dripping with cheese but still...I think some people on here are way too dramatic when it comes to Suarez apparently not giving a shit.