Author Topic: UPS Return Parcel - Possible Fraud. Advice please.  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
UPS Return Parcel - Possible Fraud. Advice please.
« on: January 9, 2024, 02:44:27 pm »
Guys.  Need some advice, please.  Partly due to an oversight on our part, I think I may have been ripped off somewhere along the supply chain.

On 4th December my missus dropped a return parcel at our local official UPS Access Point.  It was just a local general shop similar to a Spar, Londis, or whatever

This was the return of a pair of unwanted Nike trabs (Value: £87.99) back to Footlocker UK.

As instructed, we had attached to the parcel, the official preprinted return label provided with the original delivery.

The shop attendant at the UPS Access point advised her that their "machine" was not in working order and therefore could not provide us with either an official receipt or tracking number.  Instead, the shop attendant provided my wife with, what we realize now, is a very suspicious handwritten note.  "The person has already dropped the parcel but there is no receipt come through"

After a week had passed, I still had zero confirmation of my return from either UPS or Footlocker UK.  My wife went back to the same UPS Access point to check and was informed that the parcel was "probably" picked up on the same day she dropped it off (4th Dec).

It has now been 5 weeks since she dropped the parcel off.  I have been in contact with Footlocker UK continuously, but they still do not know of my return.  I have received no email acknowledgment or refund.  Footlocker also advises returns are usually settled in 14 days.

I am now extremely concerned that once we dropped the parcel off at the UPS Access Point, we have then been a victim of some kind of fraud somewhere along the supply chain. 

In hindsight, my wife admits that she should not have left the store without a UPS tracking number, but she trusted the local store and did not expect this to be an issue.    Likewise, I perhaps should have photographed the return label, but I also stupidly did not expect this type of thing to happen.

This same thing could have happened to numerous people returning items that are in demand and easily sellable.

Last week, I sent an email to UPS UK with a more detailed account of what is typed above ^^. I at least have a case number from UPS but so far no response at all.

What do you think and what would you do here?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: UPS Return Parcel - Possible Fraud. Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2024, 02:57:33 pm »
I would have heard alarms going off when their "machine" was not in working was mentioned and would have gone elsewhere.
Hope you get it sorted, mate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2024, 03:03:35 pm »
Will the shop have CCTV showing your wife leaving the parcel with them?
Sounds like someone in the shop has helped themselves to a free pair of trainers.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2024, 03:10:27 pm »
Sounds like someone in the shop has helped themselves a free pair of trainers.

This, unfortunately. Unless they're just messy and its still sat in a corner somewhere.

The UPS person would also likely not pick anything up without a label. Unless they had intentions of just keeping it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2024, 03:37:42 pm »
Yes, guys.  Agree with all of you.  Looks like a scam to me.  My missus is kicking herself  Yeah, while she most defo should have got the receipt it still makes her/me a victim of some thieving c*nt (if that's what indeed has happened).

I would assume if UPS HAD picked up the parcel they would have scanned the label.  I 100% attached the returns label that Footlocker supplied.

I would hope UPS would be able to trace their logs and see what parcels they picked up from that shop that day.

Barney,  yeah they may have CCTV but they arent gonna make that public if they are "at it".  I suppose they might want to show CCTV of UPS collecting the parcel.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2024, 04:07:58 pm »
I'd definitely pay the shop a visit and make them aware of what action you have taken so far with UPS/Footlocker. If they're not able to give you any help then get the police involved?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2024, 04:11:20 pm »
Just get the Police involved, this sounds just like a case of theft - let them ask for the CCTV - I wouldn't go to the shop, the robbing twats might suss and delete the CCTV
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2024, 04:15:45 pm »
Cheers lads. I didn't expect you to advise getting cops involved.

I imagine some lads would just go around to the shop and "sort it out" themselves

Imagine if they did it to the missus of whoever the equivalent of Curtis Warren is these days!  :o  Even worse...Rob's brother!! :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 9, 2024, 04:23:13 pm »
Cheers lads. I didn't expect you to advise getting cops involved.

I imagine some lads would just go around to the shop and "sort it out" themselves

Imagine if they did it to the missus of whoever the equivalent of Curtis Warren is these days!  :o  Even worse...Rob's brother!! :)

Yep, if it was our kid, they wouldn't be walking out of the shop ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 9, 2024, 04:27:40 pm »
Yep, if it was our kid, they wouldn't be walking out of the shop ;D

If it was me, I  wouldn't have been either.  As I said, misplaced trust from the missus

If it turns out its a footlocker or UPS error I stand corrected.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: January 9, 2024, 05:55:16 pm »

If it turns out its a footlocker or UPS error I stand corrected.

Said the man with the orthopaedic shoe.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 9, 2024, 06:17:01 pm »
So the problem is that you won't get a refund until foot looker receive the returned item?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 9, 2024, 06:49:45 pm »
So the problem is that you won't get a refund until foot looker receive the returned item?

I'd say so, mate.  It's gonna be one of those "my word against theirs" scenarios.  Or Footlocker and UPS blaming each other.  Either way, I don't hold a very strong hand.

Appreciate we have fooked up here,  but still annoying.  90 quid is 90 quid :(

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: January 9, 2024, 07:50:37 pm »
That is really annoying. Surely if it is someone at the shop, they can’t do it that often or there’d be an angry mob constantly beating down their door. How did they know there was trainers inside? Apart from the shoe box shaped package I guess.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #14 on: January 9, 2024, 08:30:41 pm »
Barney,  yeah they may have CCTV but they arent gonna make that public if they are "at it".  I suppose they might want to show CCTV of UPS collecting the parcel.

Doesn't matter what they want to show, if she is on the footage.

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

On the other hand, 4th December is probably past the "plausible for them to have deleted the footage already" point.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2024, 08:48:21 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2024, 09:39:03 am »
Was the "machine" supplied by Fujitsu?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 10:10:43 am »
Was the "machine" supplied by Fujitsu?

:)

UPS support has responded and asked me for the tracking number.

Didn't read my initial ticket report, obviously.

I'm fooked here.  Think I'm just gonna treat this similar to a speeding fine. Learn from my mistake and move one.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 10:55:21 am »
Could you send them an image of the note the shop gave you? I know it's unlikely they'll do anything with it, but worth a go?

I'd definitely get the police involved if it was me.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 11:12:56 am »
In 2019 I returned a £400 Dewalt table saw to Amazon who claimed they never received it. A bloody 25kg parcel dropped off at a local myhermes corner shop. It does happen.

So I contacted my card company and requested a Chargeback - give yours a call. I did have a receipt and tracking number, so even though they claimed they never received it I had proof I sent it. Your situation is a bit sketchy, but still send the handwritten note and trail of emails where you have tried to sort it out.

Give them a call... takes about 3-6months but worth a shot.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024, 11:14:35 am »
Just get the Police involved, this sounds just like a case of theft - let them ask for the CCTV - I wouldn't go to the shop, the robbing twats might suss and delete the CCTV

They may not have the CCTV footage. Most keep it for 30 days if that?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2024, 11:49:56 am »
I now see on Footlocker's Website that returns are to be dropped off at DHL drop-off Point.

Back in early December, the website 100% instructed me to drop off at UPS Access Point.

I am now starting to think the shop perhaps tried to scan a DHL barcode on the returns label. Hence the guy in the shop said the UPS machine was "not working".   If the UPS van then picked up the parcel, they may have had the same issue. UPS trying to scan a DHL barcode. 

I'm starting to think my parcel is sitting in a UPS warehouse somewhere.

What a mess.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 10:04:50 am »
In 2019 I returned a £400 Dewalt table saw to Amazon who claimed they never received it. A bloody 25kg parcel dropped off at a local myhermes corner shop. It does happen.

So I contacted my card company and requested a Chargeback - give yours a call. I did have a receipt and tracking number, so even though they claimed they never received it I had proof I sent it. Your situation is a bit sketchy, but still send the handwritten note and trail of emails where you have tried to sort it out.

Give them a call... takes about 3-6months but worth a shot.
This sounds like a section 75? If so it’s for goods over £100 unfortunately
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 04:03:26 pm »
I now see on Footlocker's Website that returns are to be dropped off at DHL drop-off Point.

Back in early December, the website 100% instructed me to drop off at UPS Access Point.

I am now starting to think the shop perhaps tried to scan a DHL barcode on the returns label. Hence the guy in the shop said the UPS machine was "not working".   If the UPS van then picked up the parcel, they may have had the same issue. UPS trying to scan a DHL barcode. 

I'm starting to think my parcel is sitting in a UPS warehouse somewhere.

What a mess.

I doubt the UPS driver would have took a parcel that won't scan.

Personally I think it's either been robbed, or its still sitting in the shop in a corner because they couldn't get rid.

Also - do you still have the handwritten note? Should be able to identify who wrote it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 09:14:14 pm »
As instructed, we had attached to the parcel, the official preprinted return label provided with the original delivery.

What do you think and what would you do here?
I'd ask Footlocker if they have a copy of the official pre-printed return label/code on their system and check it.

Hope it gets sorted in your favour.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2024, 09:31:13 pm »
If all else fails, go and rob the shop blind.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2024, 09:39:15 pm »
I'd ask Footlocker if they have a copy of the official pre-printed return label/code on their system and check it.

Exactly what I did earlier today mate. Emailed the customer support contact on the case ticket I have open.

Footlocker support also confirmed the pre printed returns label is defo UPS. So the DHL thing can be eliminated.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2024, 09:49:38 pm »
Exactly what I did earlier today mate. Emailed the customer support contact on the case ticket I have open.

Footlocker support also confirmed the pre printed returns label is defo UPS. So the DHL thing can be eliminated.

When do you knock over the joint?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2024, 09:51:35 pm »

Send Richard Madeley round.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 10:06:29 pm »
100%.

Take a few Tesco/Aldi bags ... get your big nephews to mind the door for you and fill your bags up to £90 worth of drinks, crisps, choccies ...  :P
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2024, 10:08:07 pm »

Sorted, hope they get it tracked.

If it's still not been picked up by UPS on their system, I'd deffo go to shop and have a word.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2024, 10:19:25 pm »
Anyone want to buy a pair of Nike Trainers. £60 and they're yours!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2024, 10:22:21 pm »
Anyone want to buy a pair of Nike Trainers. £60 and they're yours!

You'll struggle to shift mens size 3s
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2024, 10:25:53 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2024, 10:35:17 pm »
If it was me I'd take a copy of the note and speak to the owner of the shop, give them the time/date trabs were dropped and ask for them to check cctv.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!