Author Topic: 7.1 Surround Sound Drivers  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
7.1 Surround Sound Drivers
« on: August 1, 2020, 10:53:48 pm »
Can anybody recommend some generic 7.1 surround sound drivers please?

I'm trying to activate the software for my Razer Kraken X headphones and mic, but I need a new activation code because I used the old one on my old laptop. Razer not only want a ton of security information (which will already be on the account I bloody registered with), but they want a Synapse number, OS version, build number, and a fucking VIDEO showing the "problem"!

Seriously, you need a bloody video of me inputting the code and the message saying the "license key has already been used"??

It took them 17 flipping days to get back to my initial request. I realise there are delays everywhere because of Covid, but that's a joke! Plus the bloody thing doesn't even work properly with my laptop! They worked fine on my old W7 one, but even though this headset is supposed to be specifically for Windows 10 I can't get the microphone on the headset to work, even with the splitter.

Just seems like a load of bloody hoops to go through just to get a new bloody activation code.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7.1 Surround Sound Drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2020, 01:50:13 pm »
There's just something about this tech support that makes me want to be as uncooperative as possible...

Customer By (Red Berry) (15-Jul-2020 09:01 AM)

Hi,

I first bought my Kraken X back in May, but didn't realise 7.1 was only available on Windows 10 until after I registered, so deleted my account. I've now re-registered now that I have Windows 10, but the activation code is listed as previously used.

Can you please send me a new activation key?

Thanks,

Paul

Response By Email (Jayden) (31-Jul-2020 02:21 PM)
Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Razer Technical support. My name is Jayden and I will be your technical companion regarding your Razer 7.1 surround sound issue.

As from my understanding, your Razer 7.1 surround sound you have  install the application and uninstall but the code cant be use .am I right? As a Razer product user myself I understand how frustrating the situation is for you. But not to worry, I will be here assisting you to resolve this issue.

Before we begin, for security verification purposes, kindly fill in the information below:

Full Name:
Email Address: 
Phone Number:
Country of Residence:
Serial Number and Product Code:

On to the issue, for us to determine the correct resolution, it would be great if you could provide us with the information below:

1. When did the issue start happening?
2. Kindly provide us with Synapse and OS version with the build number.
3. Also, a video demonstrating the issue. (Upload on YouTube/Google Drive and attach the link)

Your case number would be ******-******. looking forward for your response. Thank you.

Regards,

Jayden
R Λ Z Ξ R Technical Support.

Customer By Service Email (Paul Corner) (01-Aug-2020 12:40 PM)
Hi Jayden,

I do not understand why you require so much additional information.  I am registered with Razer and surely the required information is available through my account?

I do not know what the Synapse is, nor what you mean by the OS version/build number?  Are you referring to my Windows 10?  I have registered the product and it is all confirmed through your website so I am confused as to why I need to provide any additional information?

As I said, I rather foolishly set up my account with you when still running Windows 7, and used the activation code on the 7.1 software I downloaded from your website.  As I couldn't actually use the software, I uninstalled everything and deleted my account, but it said I could re-register at any time.  Shortly after I did this my laptop died, so I bought a new one running Windows 10 and decided to re-register.  Unfortunately I am now unable to activate my product because the product key has already been used. I just get a message saying "License code has already been used."

I don't see why you need a video of that?  It seems that this is all needlessly complicated.  I have already been waiting 17 days for a response only to be asked to provide more information.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I do apologize for the delay. kindly provide me the below information

Before we begin, for security verification purposes, kindly fill in the information below:

Full Name:
Email Address: 
Phone Number:
Country of Residence:
Serial Number and Product Code:
Razer ID :

Regards,

Jayden
R Λ Z Ξ R Technical Support.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2020, 07:26:35 pm »
This might help ?.... (maybe you've already seen it).. .... you need activation for drivers !! ..sounds mad as you have bought the product ?

https://windowsreport.com/fix-razer-headphones/

Drivers:
https://razergamingseries.com/razer-kraken-ultimate-drivers/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 09:34:57 pm »
This might help ?.... (maybe you've already seen it).. .... you need activation for drivers !! ..sounds mad as you have bought the product ?

Drivers:

Yeah. I've got the software but cant activate it, and they want a Mile of information for me to prove I am who I am. I mean, why the hell bother with an account at all?? 

I wouldn't mind, but the sodding things dont even work properly with this laptop! Even with the splitter I can't get the mic to work - W10 doesn't give me a headset option, just speaker out or headphones.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 11:30:56 pm »
Yeah. I've got the software but cant activate it, and they want a Mile of information for me to prove I am who I am. I mean, why the hell bother with an account at all?? 
The bit i don't get is... you have the product (their product) and the software will only work with it... why are they so f**kin anal about you having/using the software  :butt
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 05:46:59 pm »
The bit i don't get is... you have the product (their product) and the software will only work with it... why are they so f**kin anal about you having/using the software  :butt

I have no fucking idea.  I had to register online just to I could download the fucking stuff.  When I bought them it said "7.1 surround sound headphones" but it made no mention that you had to download those drivers separately, or register.  Felt like I was being farmed for personal details.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 08:35:57 pm »

Drivers:

It gets better :butt

Tried to run the hardware and devices troubleshooter, as per an article I found online, but hardware and devices is no longer listed in the troubleshooter.  So I tried to run the MS diagnostic support tool, but that wants a passkey from a support professional.  I have no fucking idea what W10 is doing when it comes to the headset that I can't even get W10 to recognise AS a headset!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 10:47:16 pm »
I provided them with the information they requested (albeit very reluctantly), only to have the get request it again.  I'd already provided them with a screenshot, although it was pretty pointless in doing so.  I must confess my response became rather tarty.

i Paul,

Did you uninstall the software previously and reinstalled back? kindly provide the detail below and do provide the proof of purchase as well.

RazerID:
Email:
Date of birth:

Regards,

Jayden
R Λ Z Ξ R Technical Support

Jayden,

I bought the item from Amazon and the only "proof of purchase" I have is the email confirmation of my order.

The software was originally installed on a laptop that had Windows 7.  As it could not be used on this laptop I uninstalled it.  When I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 I reinstalled the software, but the activation key had already been used.

What is your returns policy please?  If you are going to make me jump through so many hoops for what is essentially a very straightforward request I feel I would just be better returning the device and buying one from a different company.

I have already provided you with the requested information, other than my date of birth.  I have no intention of providing it again.  If you are honestly that suspicious that I am trying to scam a code off you then I will contact your company directly to make a complaint about this tedious and unnecessary process.

Paul
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:49:18 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 07:53:00 am »
I've never used Razer products but that does seem OTT, if you have to have an account why not tie an activation code to that so you can see it when you log in? I'm the sort of person that reinstalls Windows a lot as I move hardware around (all my docs etc are kept on network storage) so I'd get bloody annoyed at something like that.

I have to ask though, how can you possibly sell headphones as '7.1'? Aren't they physically incapable of being more than 2.0? Especially if you're plugging them into an audio jack?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 11:02:01 am »
The activation code is tied to your account, when you install the surround sound software the first thing it asks you to do is log in on a Razer id or make a new one, you can't enter the activation code until you've done this so he should have an existing id with the code tied to it, there is the bog standard "forgot password" button on the login so it should be easy to recover the details unless he doesn't have access to that email address anymore, I can't really see what the issue is as it's impossible to use an activation code without setting an id up first

The 7.1 is through software, I have a Kraken 7.1 usb headset which is about 7 years old and the difference between using it on a PS4 and on PC with the Razer software installed is night and day

Edit: just noticed in your 2nd post Paul that you deleted the account, how did you do it? there's no way I can see of closing the account in the software I have or from my account on Razer's site
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:38:42 am by FiSh77 »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 03:06:10 pm »

Edit: just noticed in your 2nd post Paul that you deleted the account, how did you do it? there's no way I can see of closing the account in the software I have or from my account on Razer's site

I can't remember beyond it probably having an account deletion option. ;D  But it DID say I could re-register at any time, which is what pissed me off completely.

I've never used Razer products but that does seem OTT, if you have to have an account why not tie an activation code to that so you can see it when you log in? I'm the sort of person that reinstalls Windows a lot as I move hardware around (all my docs etc are kept on network storage) so I'd get bloody annoyed at something like that.

I have to ask though, how can you possibly sell headphones as '7.1'? Aren't they physically incapable of being more than 2.0? Especially if you're plugging them into an audio jack?

I have no idea how they work as such, but 7.1/5.1 surround sound headphones and headsets are readily available via the likes of Amazon.

What I find ironic is that plugging them into this laptop - a Windows 10 laptop that they are supposed to be specifically designed to work with - I don't get a headset option, only a speaker out or headphones.  Even with the splitter, the microphone is useless.  And the hardware/devices options in control panel have either been buried or removed in subsequent W10 releases.  And yet the microphone worked fine on my W7 laptop, although it couldn't utilise the 7.1.

This is a brand new laptop with a clean W10 install, so I can't see how it can be glitching already; unless the microphone drivers are built into the software that i can't activate, in which case maybe I can find generic ones.

Oddly enough, I got a reply to my previous email:

Hi Paul,

Kindly provide the detail below and do provide the proof of purchase as well and I will request the new code after all detail provide and proof of purchase.

RazerID:
Email:
Date of birth:

To print an invoice:

Go to Your Orders.
    Click View Order Details next to the order.
    Click View or Print Invoice on the top of the order summary.
    Click your browser's Print button.

Regards,

Jayden
R Λ Z Ξ R Technical Support

He's once again asking me for the Razer ID and email that I already provided three emails ago, but at least now they're saying they can get me a new activation code.  Honestly though, I don't think they have closely read my emails at all.  Feels like I'm dealing with a bot that's using some kind of keyword scanner and it might have finally reacted when it picked up on the world "complain"

I wish I'd stuck with buying a fucking Logitech!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:08:21 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 07:20:26 pm »
Well the good news is I finally got a new activation code, after kicking off and complaining that I'd been waiting for almost two months and doing nothing but answering inane questions to confirm my identity and purchase.

The bad news is that I assumed that, this being a new laptop and all, what I needed sound wise would be pre-installed with Windows 10, and it ain't.  And there's no easy way to figure out what the hell I need or where to find it.

The Realtek Audio Console doesn't work, just get the "Coud not connect to RPC service" error.  This despite me installing several different versions of drivers.  The computer was not recognising the headset - at best it was headphones - and when I was asked to go into the Realtek HD Audio Manager it turned out I didn't actually have it. Tried to install it but said the drivers didn't exist.

It's just been one fucking headache after another.  All for a headset that is supposed to work specifically with Windows 10, but doesn't, yet worked fine with Windows 7, albeit without the surround sound. :butt

Popcorn's Art