Author Topic: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!  (Read 7947 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Ewe Effing Ohhhs!
« on: June 20, 2020, 01:27:53 am »
A Scientific (or at least Referenced) thread on UFOs

I've been watching some stuff recently and weirdly a lot of stuff that I have from the 80s is referenced even now.

Weirdly to the extent where I went onto one or two sites from the 2010s onwards and the stuff they have is the same stuff in the same format as I had in the 80s.

But can we have a reasoned chat about the subject. Let's see?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:35:01 am »
There is nothing scientific that backs up UFOs.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 01:47:40 am »

Well they exist, that's not up for debate. What they actually are is a different question.

I found those declassified Pentagon videos interesting. Navy pilots talking about UFOs aren't the same as bearded dorks living in an airstream in Nevada.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 02:10:28 am »

Have you any proof of that?

There are thousands of reports from pilots, Naval Captains, Astronauts and various other people.

Have you proof they are all bogus?

I've followed a few and those were not disproved. What do you mean by scientific by the way?

How would you prove observation and photographic evidence other than by observation and photographic evidence?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 02:13:57 am »
Well they exist, that's not up for debate. What they actually are is a different question.

I found those declassified Pentagon videos interesting. Navy pilots talking about UFOs aren't the same as bearded dorks living in an airstream in Nevada.

Ok, to be more specific. There is nothing scientific to back up what most people think UFOs are. As in aliens.

Yes there are unidentified flying objects in the broadest sense of the term.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 02:15:29 am »
Have you any proof of that?

There are thousands of reports from pilots, Naval Captains, Astronauts and various other people.

Have you proof they are all bogus?

I've followed a few and those were not disproved. What do you mean by scientific by the way?

How would you prove observation and photographic evidence other than by observation and photographic evidence?

Sorry, the onus here is not for me to prove science backs these up, but for you (or them) to prove the science backs them up.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 02:21:14 am »
Ok, to be more specific. There is nothing scientific to back up what most people think UFOs are. As in aliens.

Yes there are unidentified flying objects in the broadest sense of the term.

As a kid I was 100% sold on them being aliens, but since nothing has changed on that front in 20 odd years I'm pretty confident in assuming they're experimental aircraft and the like. Drones in particular.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 02:21:23 am »
Sorry, the onus here is not for me to prove science backs these up, but for you (or them) to prove the science backs them up.

Dont' apologise mate. This is a thread to get to the bottom of stuff.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 02:22:50 am »
As a kid I was 100% sold on them being aliens, but since nothing has changed on that front in 20 odd years I'm pretty confident in assuming they're experimental aircraft and the like. Drones in particular.

Nice one. Did the technology for Drones that is around today exist in the 1950s?

I'm happy to accept that it did, but surprised that there has been no advancement on the technology if nothing has changed in 50 years+

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 02:29:31 am »
Nice one. Did the technology for Drones that is around today exist in the 1950s?

I'm happy to accept that it did, but surprised that there has been no advancement on the technology if nothing has changed in 50 years+

Well the biggest issue with a lot of experimental craft is the effect on pilots. If you could design a ship that can go from 0-700mph and from 700mph-0 in a split second, your pilots would probably die during the first flight. And most modern footage fits that pattern.

The UFOs from 1947 until the early 90s weren't usually filmed, which means the evidence is tainted by human perception.

Third kind encounters could be anything, I still don't buy into aliens. The US government experimenting on its citizens is my guess.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 02:36:18 am »
Well the biggest issue with a lot of experimental craft is the effect on pilots. If you could design a ship that can go from 0-700mph and from 700mph-0 in a split second, your pilots would probably die during the first flight. And most modern footage fits that pattern.

The UFOs from 1947 until the early 90s weren't usually filmed, which means the evidence is tainted by human perception.

Third kind encounters could be anything, I still don't buy into aliens. The US government experimenting on its citizens is my guess.

Not sure I have mentioned aliens at this point?

For the footage that you can find online what is the answer?

For experienced pilots - are you one? Are you more experienced? I am not. But if you are then happy for you to explain some of their statements...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 02:38:51 am »
Not sure I have mentioned aliens at this point?

For the footage that you can find online what is the answer?

For experienced pilots - are you one? Are you more experienced? I am not. But if you are then happy for you to explain some of their statements...

They're saying they haven't seen craft that move like that, right?

That's why I'm pretty sure they're experimental craft. It would seem alien to anyone who hadn't been briefed on it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 02:40:24 am »

Come off it. You can’t think that tech was there back in the 50s?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 02:43:03 am »
They're saying they haven't seen craft that move like that, right?

That's why I'm pretty sure they're experimental craft. It would seem alien to anyone who hadn't been briefed on it.

So where are they today?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 02:43:32 am »
Come off it. You can’t think that tech was there back in the 50s?

Their point is much higher tech was around back then

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 02:44:57 am »
Their point is much higher tech was around back then

Yeah but you really think tech which would be considered advanced now was there back then?

You work in tech don’t you? Knowing the advancements that have happened do you really think that is likely?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 02:47:50 am »
Yeah but you really think tech which would be considered advanced now was there back then?

You work in tech don’t you? Knowing the advancements that have happened do you really think that is likely?

My question (or maybe it wasn't :D )

But it is now.

For experienced pilots at the cutting edge seeing stuff that seemed to be way above what their stuff could do - and you're talking of hundreds - maybe thousands of reports

Why did they say it?

Everyone that came out with it got threatend, hassled and made unemployable and got dogs abuse,

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 02:48:20 am »
So where are they today?

Experimental craft of the 40s/50s? The tech was likely folded into the aircraft that followed.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 02:50:36 am »
Nah, not everyone did, that’s conspiracy stuff that.

Loads have reported similar stuff, and a lot of it is explainable.

Let’s not put pilots on some pedestal either, they are skilful people but they are still able to buy into conspiracy theories and have the mindset to believe in stuff which contradicts science. I mean Christ there are loads of pilots who are religious.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 02:51:30 am »
Experimental craft of the 40s/50s? The tech was likely folded into the aircraft that followed.

Nice one. This is the answer I was after.

So. Why are modern aircraft a world away and nowhere near in any sense of the word what was seen by experienced pilots, top test pilots, top people in the military and commercial airline pilots?

Why did they hide? Are they hiding it?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 02:53:12 am »
Nah, not everyone did, that’s conspiracy stuff that.

Loads have reported similar stuff, and a lot of it is explainable.

Let’s not put pilots on some pedestal either, they are skilful people but they are still able to buy into conspiracy theories and have the mindset to believe in stuff which contradicts science. I mean Christ there are loads of pilots who are religious.

There are tens of thousands of reports.

Not putting anyone onto a pedestal.

Are you more experienced than top-flight test pilots or commercial airline pilots?

Fair play if you are.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 02:55:53 am »
Nice one. This is the answer I was after.

So. Why are modern aircraft a world away and nowhere near in any sense of the word what was seen by experienced pilots, top test pilots, top people in the military and commercial airline pilots?

Why did they hide? Are they hiding it?

The US Military are sitting on it, I assume. And don't underestimate the technological advances in aircraft from 1947 onwards, there's been a ton of them.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 02:57:00 am »
The US Military are sitting on it, I assume. And don't underestimate the technological advances in aircraft from 1947 onwards, there's been a ton of them.

I've read quite a few reports from actual pilots and actual test pilots and actual miliatry pilots flying advanced stuff.

What they have reported isn't around today.

More than 50 years later.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2020, 02:58:54 am »
Not putting anyone onto a pedestal.

Are you more experienced than top-flight test pilots or commercial airline pilots?

Fair play if you are.

More experienced at what mate? Seeing ufos and explaining them?

Why does someone who can fly a plane suddenly be educated in random shit they see?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2020, 02:59:26 am »
I've read quite a few reports from actual pilots and actual test pilots and actual miliatry pilots flying advanced stuff.

What they have reported isn't around today.

More than 50 years later.

Right - the US military are sitting on it. Or maybe it never panned out? I thought we'd be scramjetting across the world when I was younger, we still haven't got there yet.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2020, 03:01:26 am »
More experienced at what mate? Seeing ufos and explaining them?

Why does someone who can fly a plane suddenly be educated in random shit they see?

Well I'm a bit pissed now, so can carry this on tomorrow.

But I'm assuming that you understand the concept of test pilots?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2020, 03:02:54 am »
Right - the US military are sitting on it. Or maybe it never panned out? I thought we'd be scramjetting across the world when I was younger, we still haven't got there yet.

Nice one. So the US have the only planes that have ever flied?

Ok I feel we are getting somewhere now. So other countries rely on the US to develop flying machines?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2020, 03:05:01 am »
Nice one. So the US have the only planes that have ever flied?

Ok I feel we are getting somewhere now. So other countries rely on the US to develop flying machines?

You think the Russians and Chinese governments are gonna let everyone see their military capabilities? I only use the US because the majority of reports come from the US.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2020, 03:08:57 am »
Well I'm a bit pissed now, so can carry this on tomorrow.

But I'm assuming that you understand the concept of test pilots?

Test pilots test the planes mate. I still don’t get why you think they are suddenly the know all of random shite in the sky, most of which are not planes.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2020, 03:09:42 am »
You think the Russians and Chinese governments are gonna let everyone see their military capabilities? I only use the US because the majority of reports come from the US.

Well. No. Reports have come out across the whole world.

Many have been supressed.

But before we continue..

1. Do you think there are reports
2. Do you think some are supressed
3. Do you they are filed by professional pilots/test pilots/Space pilots or knobheads?
4. Do you think whatever was filed is bogus and shite despite never having seen any repott - as in you know more than any pilot or witness that ever filed a report..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 03:11:34 am »
Test pilots test the planes mate. I still don’t get why you think they are suddenly the know all of random shite in the sky, most of which are not planes.

From my following of plane stuff (I'm not an expert) - test pilots test the cutting edge of flight techology - therefore they are more qualified than me to see the edge of what can be done and know their machines inside and out

I accept that you know more than all test pilots and have far more detailed knowledge of stuff they've flown to the extremes and to the edge of space though

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 03:14:57 am »
From my following of plane stuff (I'm not an expert) - test pilots test the cutting edge of flight techology - therefore they are more qualified than me to see the edge of what can be done and know their machines inside and out

Not every ufo is a plane though. So they may know the inside and out of planes, and I’ll even stretch it to all plane ever designed ever upon ever, but that doesn’t mean everything that’s seen in the sky.

I accept that you know more than all test pilots and have far more detailed knowledge of stuff they've flown to the extremes and to the edge of space though

If ever you want to try and find a cunty way to shut down an argument because you haven’t got a valid way to argue your point you should try this mate.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 03:18:52 am »
Well. No. Reports have come out across the whole world.

Many have been supressed.

But before we continue..

1. Do you think there are reports
2. Do you think some are supressed
3. Do you they are filed by professional pilots/test pilots/Space pilots or knobheads?
4. Do you think whatever was filed is bogus and shite despite never having seen any repott - as in you know more than any pilot or witness that ever filed a report..

Let's continue this tomorrow if the thread is open? You're making no sense whatsoever.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 03:18:57 am »
Not every ufo is a plane though. So they may know the inside and out of planes, and I’ll even stretch it to all plane ever designed ever upon ever, but that doesn’t mean everything that’s seen in the sky.

If ever you want to try and find a cunty way to shut down an argument because you haven’t got a valid way to argue your point you should try this mate.

Not at all. You are currently presenting yourself as an authority on the reports being made.

I don't think you are.

I don't think you've been a test pilot or a military pilot flying cutting edge stuff or know about the extremes of what we are discussing.

I happily admit I am not. I have no clue. Do you?

I'm not shutting you down. But I think we need to see your creds before you disparage actual test pilots, military pilots and commericial pilots that have seen stufff and reported it in great detail

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 03:20:27 am »
Let's continue this tomorrow if the thread is open? You're making no sense whatsoever.

I've read it back.

There are some questions there. Fair play if you're pissed (I'm merry myself) - but there are questions there if you want to answer them

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2020, 03:21:19 am »
Not at all. You are currently presenting yourself as an authority on the reports being made.

I don't think you are.

I don't think you've been a test pilot or a military pilot flying cutting edge stuff or know about the extremes of what we are discussing.

I happily admit I am not. I have no clue. Do you?

I'm not shutting you down. But I think we need to see your creds before you disparage actual test pilots, military pilots and commericial pilots that have seen stufff and reported it in great detail

So you think me saying pilots aren’t the authority on random shite in the sky is me saying I am the authority?

That’s a weird thought process right there mate.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2020, 03:24:03 am »
I've read it back.

There are some questions there. Fair play if you're pissed (I'm merry myself) - but there are questions there if you want to answer them

I think a pilot who has never flown in a craft that moves in ways no other aircraft has done would probably be confused by it and think it was something more than it is.

What do you believe?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2020, 10:12:28 am »
So you think me saying pilots aren’t the authority on random shite in the sky is me saying I am the authority?

That’s a weird thought process right there mate.

Ok. Let's start small then.

Do you accept that people that fly planes for a living understand the basic mechanics of flight?

Assuming you accept that, military pilots are (from my understanding) the creme of the creme - they push their machines to the edge and beyond and fully understand the mechanics of flight. Very few people in the world are even capable of being a fighter pilot.

Assuming you accept that, test pilots are, again, a step above. They fly machines that are new, experimental and in some cases dangerous. But to be a test-pilot you have to fully understand the mechanics of flight and also have a deep understanding of the mechanics at play in your aircraft. On top of the equipment in the plan you are expected to solve issues with your experience and understanding of flight.

So we have three kinds of pilots who have all reported UFOs over the years. Why? Those that 'come out' are ridiculed, threatened (Sometimes by their own governments) and put in poisitions where their life is affected negatively.

Given this and no upsides that I can see - why do they do it? Why lie?

As I said there are tens of thousands of reports from reliable witnesses from across the ages. I happily accept that not only am I of the calibre that could even fly a commercial airline plane, but that I could never have done so.

But these fellas are experts. I'm an expert in IT - been doing it for donkeys years and if I report on or comment on something in the systems, or the work I do or the systems I know or the methodologies I'm trained on then I'd have a dim view of a non-expert questioning what I know or what I do. Nothing against non-experts, but there is more to many jobs than meets the eye.

So the question is really, do you accept the expertise of actual capable pilots?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2020, 10:17:11 am »
I think a pilot who has never flown in a craft that moves in ways no other aircraft has done would probably be confused by it and think it was something more than it is.

What do you believe?

I think you need to explain that

"a craft that moves in ways no other aircraft has done"

And I asked the question before - where are they?

We have advanced rocketry today that costs billions. An aircraft that matches some of the reported mechanics, it appears, would be able to deliver payloads into space at a fraction of the the cost and a fraction of the danger

The rockets we have today were developed by Nazi Germany (V1 and V2) and haven't progressed much through that time, but observed flight mechanics on these other vehicles appears to those that report them as massively more advanced.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2020, 10:58:04 am »
Snip

Once again, what makes a pilot, even the best pilot in the world, qualified to comment on something in the sky which may not be a plane?

Is the best submarine captain, the bestest one in the world, an authority on everything that is in the sea?