Author Topic: Football Writer's Association looking to get The S*n ban overturned  (Read 15255 times)

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football Writer's Association looking to get The S*n ban overturned
« Reply #120 on: May 3, 2017, 06:00:27 pm »
For a European game, the entrance the press use should be known. It would not take a huge number of fans to form a suitable picket. The club may be obliged to let a Sun reporter in, but the fans are also able to make their feelings known. As long as it does not get physical, there should be nothing to object to.

Just imagine the headlines. Mad idea.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: May 9, 2017, 07:51:21 am »
I'd still like to see us tell the Sun journos they can't enter the ground. What are UEFA going to do, throw us out of the competition?

Given our huge global fanbase, having Liverpool back in the CL is a money spinner for UEFA and they know it.
Maybe they would just fine us, we'd pay the fine and tell them to shove it up their hoops. I suspect that FSG would prefer to avoid any potential aggro though.

This.

Just tell them when they arrive, it's been a wasted journey and send them packing....UEFA will do what exactly because one *shite* journalist can't get in? fine us? i'm sure the lads will happily donate the fine money from their wages it'll be a bloody pittance anyway in that context.

I'd rather not compete in the competition than have no fucking back bone and welcome that shit house rag i wouldn't wipe my arse with into our home.

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #124 on: May 9, 2017, 08:44:42 am »
Gone, sacked today😀

He'll be back writing for them by the end of the year.

They just want the backlash to die down. Make it look less like a PR disaster and then move on.

As far as the Football Writers Association goes, go back to bitching and moaning about Wenger and wanking over Chelsea on the Sunday Supplement.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 9, 2017, 09:21:25 am »
Gone, sacked today😀

Nowhere does it say he has been sacked that I can see- it just says he is going to leave. He will probably get paid off to keep him quiet and not leave with a grudge to bear too- shows how morally corrupt it all is.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: May 9, 2017, 09:29:47 am »
I'm sure he was a paid consultant rather than on the PAYE - but either way, keep him the fuck away from spouting his venom....still is and always will be a shit rag.

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
« Reply #127 on: May 9, 2017, 09:40:10 am »
Because plenty of Southern Liverpool fans DO read the S*n, sadly.

Unfortunately, this is the case for some fans in South Wales. Never more evident than when Rafa was hounded out.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #128 on: May 9, 2017, 10:05:09 am »
He'll be back writing for them by the end of the year.

They just want the backlash to die down. Make it look less like a PR disaster and then move on.

Of course he will be back, just like when he left in the first place. It will probably be more than a year. I just hope we don't see the c*nt on the Beeb either.

A (peaceful) picket for Euro games would be good.

All our response to the FWA should be (as people have suggested) is that their sports writers should consider their own boycott of Anfield in solidarity with their peers from the Scum. Let's see how many of them stay away. As long as Barclay stays away, that'll be a result in my book.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2017, 11:17:40 am »
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, mods please move it if not.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/liverpool-vs-the-sun-how-the-city-rid-itself-of-the-uks-biggest-paper
Loved the last line!
When asking people what the boycott means to them and what it says about Liverpool, the responses are always poignant and often profound. People talk about struggle, solidarity and strength in numbers. They talk about community, compassion and coping. They talk about how the boycott was the glue that kept people together, how it allowed them to believe they could achieve something, even if just a little bit, even when it looked like there was no end in sight. They speak defiantly about the battle for justice, the importance of challenging authority, about the importance of fighting so that not just football supporters, but everyone who sends their loved ones off in the morning, knows that they will be safe until they come home at night.

They also talk about identity and how people from outside of Liverpool misunderstand sometimes, how when terms like "pity city" get thrown around, what's actually happening is the opposite. There's no pity about it. It's about standing up, about saying bollocks to pity; it's a city rising up and saying your values don't align with ours, your values are the opposite of ours, so we're not going to read your shite and we're going to put another paper on top of yours so that nobody else has to go through the misfortune of seeing the cultural venom of your front page.

But the most common response of all? "They picked on the wrong city."

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2017, 10:32:49 pm »
hopefully that condescending c*nt Barclay will crawl back under his rock.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2017, 10:19:19 am »
hopefully that condescending c*nt Barclay will crawl back under his rock.

Belter of a first post lad :D
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »
Didn't want to start a new thread on the fat twat, but that 'Piegate' bell end is still whingeing over his sacking and his betting scam with Scum Bets.

'He who sups with the Devil should use a long spoon.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052m57p