Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - S'hampton 1 [0-2 Aggregate]  (Read 60095 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Liverpool 0 - S'hampton 1 [0-2 Aggregate]
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:54 pm »
We do need to be patient with the manager but the manager needs to realise I've been patient for 26 years waiting to see Liverpool win the league and it looks all but gone for another year.

I've just tried to find a gif but honestly there isn't one to even come close.

That's just honestly glorious.

It's the most spectacular thing I've seen written on these boards, and I mean that :lmao

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:02 pm »
.We've effectively just handed the trophy to Jose Mourinho.   
Nah.....Markovic hatrick......or is he Jordan Ibe'd?
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:25 pm »
I'll give you the Sturridge chance, but it wasn't because of some free flowing excellent move we created. It just dropped to him and he blasted over.
The overheadish kick was, yes, but what about the one he skied from about 6 metres from a sublime Alexander-Arnold cross?

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
We are playing shite but i dont think its a coincidence that these performances have come against teams who park the bus. The biggest concern though is that this has been our biggest problem for a few years now (along with finding a back 4 and keeper who can keep the ball out).

Obvious at the moment we need some quality in the squad. We have no one who can really change things from the bench. Origi has done ok. Firmino is too inconsistent as a goal scorer and Sturridge is having a terrible season. All the talk during the season was about our spread of goals and i thought it was a great thing... now i'm looking at the lack of goals and thinking about all the teams around us in the league. Every one of them has that one goal scorer who turns up when the chips are down, gets them out of jail and produces a goal out of nowhere. At the moment the two players who'd be most likely to do that for us are woefully out of form (Coutinho and Sturridge).

I think its too late now to bring someone in who can make a difference.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:47 pm »
But this is the reason we need players
Not sure we do anymore, we're just in two competitions now. When he gets back and we start winning for fun again all this fuss will look silly.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »
Not sure we do anymore, we're just in two competitions now. When he gets back and we start winning for fun again all this fuss will look silly.

Good shout

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:45 pm »
Something needs to be done about time wasting in football. One of Van Basten's recent ideas was to stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play in the last 10 minutes. I don't think that's the solution but people should keep looking. Forster probably ate up 3 minutes on his own for goal kicks tonight.

And sometimes the time-wasting will start at like 75 minutes... Then if anyone ever gets cautioned for it, it'll be the goalkeeper in the 92nd minute on his 8th 45 second goal kick. "I'll take the yellow card," he says. "Job done". I would love to see a referee have the balls to give someone a second yellow for time-wasting or just be more strict on it in general.

Like when a ref makes a show of having stopped his watch like he did tonight when Forster was fucking about. Why do that? If he's doing that then he knows Forster is taking the piss, he should just fucking book him and add the minimum of 30 seconds.  Stops it there, and everyone knows the situation.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:56 pm »
Was a big Sturridge fan but he annoys me these days. At on point today, the ball looked like it could have gone out for a throw in.  Sturridge was ahead of the defender and just stopped running after it as he assumed it would go out, the defender didn't give up and kept it in. When he does stuff like that it pisses me off. Sometimes feels like he can't be bothered to run.

Anyway, well done Southampton. They deserved to beat us both games.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2017, 10:41:59 pm »
We need players. The owners need to realise that Klopp isnt a miracle worker and investment is needed in playing staff.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:03 pm »
Like when a ref makes a show of having stopped his watch like he did tonight when Forster was fucking about. Why do that? If he's doing that then he knows Forster is taking the piss, he should just fucking book him and add the minimum of 30 seconds.  Stops it there, and everyone knows the situation.
Karius must be just about the only 'keeper in the league who consistently recycles the ball in under the 6 seconds they're supposed to have.

Or maybe they just enforce the rules in Germany!

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:03 pm »
Lot of pressure being placed on Manes return now the same as Coutinho coming back from injury. I think we just need to ride this out and hope we start to click again soon. Midfield and defence really need addresses in the summer.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
Carra: "When Liverpool play with Sturridge - and he doesn't score, it's like playing with 10 men because he doesn't contribute anywhere else".

Ouch. Is he right?

No it's typical Carragher bollocksology.  Blame the player he doesn't like. Blame Johnny foreigner. Blame the goalkeeper.  Sturridge didn't start against Swansea and we conceded three goals. Whos fault was that. It's cheap shot analysis.  So many players were below par tonight and Sturridge was actually a lot brighter looking than most of them.

Carragher was a very good player but he's on par with Ronnie Whelan  and Mark Lawrenson as a pundit at best.
If anyone wants to give a tactical analysis of why we failed to win tonight it should  be an analysis of the collective.

Personally I felt we lost it in the first leg where we were lucky not to be four down. Tonight was a huge improvement from that and the Swansea debacle. Although I'm sure many will jump down my throat.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:13 pm »
To not to score in both games. Not sure how anyone can say we were unlucky. We were rubbish, that's a simple truth.

Know what you're saying mate but on another night Sturridge smashes that 6 yard volley into the roof of the net to make it 1-1 on agg.

Anyway we're out, still top 4 and FA Cup to play for.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »
Better going out tonight than losing to that twats down the road in the final

Very disappointing performance over the two legs though

What was looking like an excellent season at the end of the year is fast evaporating

We can't let these past few results get to us however. Heads up and lets smash Wolves on Saturday

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »
It won't look silly though. Another season gone and more opportunities to win a trophy wasted. There is the FA Cup, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:35 pm »
We deserved to get beat - the referee had nothing to do with us going out. We were shite and neither of them were penalties. It was desperate. Origi dived.
We didn't deserve to get beat at all mate, the lads put a lot in to that in terms of energy, we just lacked quality so often with a final ball or pass.
The Long shift with his shoulder to deflect the ball was a deffo pen, that's undeniable in my opinion.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:43 pm »
That was pretty shit. They deserved to go through over 2 legs. Atkinson was horrific, that non corner and not getting a penalty were absolutely ridiculous, how we did or didn't perform is irrelevant, he should do his job properly.

Also fucked up how many can't handle a bad run, qutting on the season, loads of players thrown under the bus, ridiculous. It's disappointing but plenty to play for yet. Our internet "supporters" are the worst anywhere. If there was a down side to Istanbul, attracting these c*nts was it.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »
Ive seen this posted a few time. I dont think he was wide. He seemed to play off DS. Thought he was our best player tonight.
Yeah he wasnt out wide.

Today was an okay game from him. But there have been many games where his finishing has let us down...

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:48 pm »
Like Firmino, for example? Or Costa? Or any number of strikers who do one or more of constantly move, constantly harass, come deep and influence play etc etc.

Sturridge is a player of sublime skill, and he's not exactly lazy, but he doesn't seem to be able to bully his way into a game - I've seen Origi do it, for example.

Sturridge, sadly, seems to be one of a fine Liverpool tradition of sublimely gifted world class talents who are made out of tissue paper - Kewell, Torres, Aurelio, Agger, Fowler, Owen...

Sublime skill? not lazy?

Beyond comprehension..what game are u watching?

Totally washed up, totally finished at our football.club

Did u see him run after that ball.over the top from Can early in the 2nd half?  it ended right there
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:55 pm »
I can't see that we have anyone from the bench who could make a difference. Sturridge used to be the difference from the bench but these days he is not even capable of doing that anymore.

1 win out of 7 is clearly not about being unlucky. This is our level when Mane is unavailable. When we have TAA as a backup right back and 17yo Woodburn on the bench, it is clear our squad strength is threadbare. This has nothing to do with Klopp but more of FSG responsibility which I firmly point my finger at.

We are not playing our players to their strength because we have no one better at the moment.
- Henderson is not a deep lying play maker. Doesn't have the passing range and incisiveness
- Lallana doesn't have the goals to play front 3
- Can, I don't even know what he is good at other than thick black hair
- Milner can't cross with his left foot and will not be able to find gaps if their right back sits deep

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:13 pm »
I would say you make a lot of fair points there.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:16 pm »
It won't look silly though. Another season gone and more opportunities to win a trophy wasted. There is the FA Cup, but I wouldn't bet on it.
SerbianScouser is the ultimate optimist...

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:46 pm »
nothing quite as silly as being pissed off at our season imploding is there mate? We might well go back to winning games when Mane comes back but if this slump is really all down to him then shouldnt you be wondering why on earth weve not planned for his absence?

Personally think while weve missed Mane the problem is far bigger than one player, weve been shit since bournemouth.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:48 pm »
Not Sturridge's fault by any stretch of imagination.
No decent midfield has more to do with it and thats not a new problem.
I would have taken Henderson off instead of Can.
Team is burnt out.

SOS 8040

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:51 pm »
Here are the things I have noticed of our play of late.

• We are not pressing as quick and with the intensity we were in the first half of the season
  • The movement around the midfield is a lot slower than it was
  • We go missing in a lot of 50/50 challenges
  • Losing it on the 2nd balls
  • A lot more misplaced passes

Why? Got to be down to energy levels and confidence to my mind. The obvious one is that we are missing Mane but that is not the whole story. The solution has to be increasing the size and quality of the squad to give us the depth to challenge at such high intensity levels. Also, develop that plan B. Maybe we should develop that 2 banks of four that so many teams do well with against us.

Liverpool are the most energetic team in the league. The players are asked to cover so much ground and press so quickly that it's not sustainable for a full season. When it comes off it's brilliant but when the same 11 play so many games there's bound to be a period where everyone looks tired. If we go back to the Sunderland game I believe there was only 1 or 2 changes after an already difficult period over Christmas. It shows that Klopp doesn't trust his squad as much as he makes people believe. He's right not to as well because our back up players are either too young or simply just shite.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:02 pm »

Does that make us a one man team again?

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:05 pm »
Why won't anyone shoot on the edge of the box? Can did it, and that was the only shot from distance I recall, and he nearly scored. On another day that ball would have span over the line.

If teams are going to park the bus against us and let us play right up to the edge of their box then we might as well have a few digs at goal.

I'm sick of us trying to walk the ball in all the time or diagonal balls to no one.

Sore one to take as I was looking forward to anothe trip to Wembley, but with a toothless attack over both legs we didn't deserve to get there anyway.

Birthday tomorrow, now that's ruined.

YNWA - JFT97

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:34 pm »
One of the things I've been most impressed with so far this season is the types of wins we have produced. We seemed to find different ways of winning. I think that's why the past few weeks have been so disappointing, because we have played in the same pedestrian, slow manner. Added to the fact we have seen some of the best football a LFC side can say they have ever produced, we are craving that again and so performances like that are so, so dissapointing.

My first thought on FT whistle, apart from being disappointed, was 'at least it's not a League game and 3 points dropped.'

My biggest concern is where people see this form ending. We have been poor for so long now - City game aside. Is hard to see what sparks that into life. Poor performances and results haven't produced a good enough reaction, the boss hasn't managed to pick them up yet and the crowd, despite being largely shite recently were good tonight and still we were lacklustre.

Teams are finding it so easy to play against us right now - defensively and offensively. We get ourselves into so many bad situations during games with teams counter attacking us. Something is going wrong in possession to expose these gaping holes and I think it's a lack of intensity and maybe legs all over the pitch.

I don't think it's the night for singling players out but there are areas of the squad where we maybe now see where improvements can be made. The squad doesn't have enough quality in terms of its depth.

Your last paragraph is totally true, we don't have a depth of quality in our squad yet. That is going to be what the project will be about, over the next couple of seasons. Klopp still hasn't got his full team  the project is on going, hence Coutinho getting his new contract. He is obviously going to be trying things, as its the only way he is going to be able to understand, what he can do and what he can't.

The reason we are going through this unending cycle in case we've forgotten is, the club has been in an absolute mess, replacing manager after manager. I get the horrible feeling that some people think that because Klopp came here he could instantly turn things around. The truth is I'm afraid it will take time, the man cannot do miracles alone. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:43:27 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:47 pm »

It's the most spectacular thing I've seen written on these boards, and I mean that :lmao

:lmao

Funny enough it was all over Atko's match report of the Swansea game. He started this 'I've waited 3 million years' stuff and the comments below were all from fellers noting how many years they've not seen a title win.  ;D

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:57 pm »
No, to say he contributed nothing tonight is utter, utter bollocks but the fact is he looks like a square peg in a round hole under Klopp.

and he no longer has any pace, less than what I thought

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »
Sublime skill?
Not giving players credit and using 'u' for you when you're typing on a keyboard makes you look like a knobhead. I'm not saying you are one, but I'd like you to be aware of how you come across, as it means people are unlikely to take your opinion seriously.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:21 pm »

But look at his username, he's a diehard.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:30 pm »
We need someone who can play ball in midfield not just marathon runners that's are main problem.
Coutinho doesn't count not a centre midfielder same with lallana really.

What we'd all give for another Xabi Alonso :hally Henderson and Gini are good players but neither of them are consistently creative. Henderson shows glimpses. He's always got his head up and is looking to swing an early ball into a dangerous area. I think he's hit his ceiling in terms of creativity though. We need more. Not saying that we should replace Henderson (because his work rate/short passing etc. is phenomenal), but we should be looking to improve on our creativity in the middle
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:37 pm »
nothing quite as silly as being pissed off at our season imploding is there mate? We might well go back to winning games when Mane comes back but if this slump is really all down to him then shouldnt you be wondering why on earth weve not planned for his absence?

Personally think while weve missed Mane the problem is far bigger than one player, weve been shit since bournemouth.

The problem is more than just missing one player, Klopp will be able to correct many of these problems in the summer.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:43 pm »
We didn't deserve to get beat at all mate, the lads put a lot in to that in terms of energy, we just lacked quality so often with a final ball or pass.
The Long shift with his shoulder to deflect the ball was a deffo pen, that's undeniable in my opinion.

Had the first leg been 3-0 no one could have complained they murdered us at their place. Tadic missed an absolute sitter in the first half and Davies puts one into row Z of the Kop from 6 yards.

We created 1 decent chance to score in 2 full games against Southampon and that was the Sturridge chance. Southampton fully deserved to go through.

The handball maybe but the Origi one is never a penalty. He's thrown himself in desperation.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #596 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »

Klopp was spot on we had chances and did not take them, Sturridge 2015 buries that.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:02 pm »
Can't see what you mean by that ?
You said he needs to hurry up and assemble a Klopp esque squad. Give the man some time. He's only had one summer transfer window so far to rebuild. Let's see how the squad is looking at the start of next season at least.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #598 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:23 pm »
I don't normally slag the team or players off but Henderson and Can all they do is sideways passes after too many touches of the ball.

Miller again caught out of position time and time again and please take him of corners. Lalalina had a shocker tonight.

Why is it all our corners always hit the first man or easy cleared. Everytime we get a corner I just think great that the other team clearing the ball.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #599 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:24 pm »
Mane comes back but if this slump is really all down to him then shouldnt you be wondering why on earth weve not planned for his absence?
You can plan all you want there aren't many players like that out there who are that good and available and certainly not in January. It's not just about one player and his goals or assist but the balance he brings in combination with both Phil and Matip getting back as well.