Author Topic: Local Sales  (Read 298737 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Local Sales
« Reply #560 on: January 20, 2017, 11:40:12 am »
Hmm. Wasn't in the first week of Jan was it? We were away and my bluenose cousin was staying here.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: January 20, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
Hmm. Wasn't in the first week of Jan was it? We were away and my bluenose cousin was staying here.

He's burned your tickets I reckon.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: January 20, 2017, 11:55:17 am »
He's burned your tickets I reckon.

Couldn't work out how to use the hive so probably did it for heat.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: January 20, 2017, 03:33:45 pm »
Post has just been, no sign of our Swansea tickets. City ones didn't show up til the day of the game, but with this being an early KO and our postie showing up whenever he feels like it, I dunno what to do.

Best getting them cancelled and picking up duplicates.

The local general sale tickets I ordered for both Chelsea and Southampton have turned up.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2017, 08:24:27 am »
Spurs went very quickly this am. Had a 6 min queue and no chance
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2017, 08:26:06 am »
had a 4min queue and sold out after 2min - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2017, 08:31:21 am »
5 of us sorted. winner
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2017, 08:40:00 am »
Managed to get 2. They went fast!

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2017, 10:17:45 am »
still tickets for the local general sale for the wolves match available
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2017, 11:18:37 am »
still tickets for the local general sale for the wolves match available

That's because we're the ones usually sitting up there! Haha plenty of us who usually take those seats will come down from the gods at the right price and sit where we want to and not be restricted coz of the price!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2017, 11:33:36 am »
Totally forgot about the Wolves sale, logged in before and got the only one I could see, £9. Spot on. I'd be fuming paying £30 to watch our squad players vs Wolves
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2017, 11:38:26 am »
That's because we're the ones usually sitting up there! Haha plenty of us who usually take those seats will come down from the gods at the right price and sit where we want to and not be restricted coz of the price!
ha ha ha ha quite true
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:28 am »
Got my wolves ticket delivered already, fair play to the club
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #573 on: January 26, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »
Quite a few empty by me last night in U1. Not sure if all local sale tickets
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: January 26, 2017, 05:19:34 pm »
Quite a few empty by me last night in U1. Not sure if all local sale tickets

Wouldn't surprise me if some just bought £9 tickets for the credit so they'd have a final ticket if we made it

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #575 on: January 27, 2017, 03:55:19 pm »

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 27, 2017, 04:24:20 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/252173-local-general-sale-important-ticket-information

things are changing for local general sales from now - YNWA !

Good news, but we still need more schemes like this to get more young ket wigs and less carrier bags and selfie sticks in the ground.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: January 27, 2017, 05:26:47 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/252173-local-general-sale-important-ticket-information

things are changing for local general sales from now - YNWA !

What about the local members sale?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #578 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:22 pm »
One step at a time?
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: January 27, 2017, 05:46:03 pm »
One step at a time?

;D

If I bought 2, so you think I would be able to pick up my mates too!?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
local members sales are on cards so might not happen for them unless they issue paper tickets for them aswell in the future if this new system works for the TO - wait and see - YNWA !

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #581 on: January 27, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »
What's to stop Joe Bloggs buying 4 tickets for friends his / her card is linked to online, picking them up 3 days before and selling them on the day? Yes it's a better system that will put a few off but the opportunity is still there for those who want to exploit it.

Couldn't the steward behind the turnstile see who's entering the stadium by ticket and then check their ticket marries up to their ID? It's a 15 second faff but probably the only workable solution.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #582 on: January 29, 2017, 01:10:36 am »
It's good that they are doing their best to make sure the tickets go to the right people, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed that I'll have to do a four mile round walk just to pick the ticket up, because of some dickheads taking advantage of what is a good scheme.

If they only release tickets three days before the game, that means a weekday collection, and the ticket office is only open till 5:45. There'll be a lot of people rushing there straight from work.

I wish they'd just have a separate turnstile for people who have £9 tickets, and ID on the gate instead, that would be far easier.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2017, 09:28:43 am »
Can you not get them on the day of the match? Sorry, not sure what they have said about it exactly....

And the TO closes at 3.45pm   :-\

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2017, 11:12:34 am »
Step in the right direction.

Barely heard a scouse accent around me in the £9 tickets area yesterday. 3 Malaysian looking fellas with a big camera and not speaking English. Fuck all the gobshites gaming that system, they're scum

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2017, 11:25:21 am »
It's good that they are doing their best to make sure the tickets go to the right people, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed that I'll have to do a four mile round walk just to pick the ticket up, because of some dickheads taking advantage of what is a good scheme.

If they only release tickets three days before the game, that means a weekday collection, and the ticket office is only open till 5:45. There'll be a lot of people rushing there straight from work.

I wish they'd just have a separate turnstile for people who have £9 tickets, and ID on the gate instead, that would be far easier.

To be honest mate, it shouldn't be considered much of an inconvenience if you're saving £40+ on a ticket.

What I would question here, is how collecting tickets at the ticket office is actually going to prevent the tickets ending up in the hands of people that they're not supposed to?

It may root out people who have historically used a local address that they are not actually resident at, but the same issue will still exist with those who are using a legitimate address.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »
To be honest mate, it shouldn't be considered much of an inconvenience if you're saving £40+ on a ticket.

Indeed, our dog will enjoy the walk as well :)

I'm not sure it'll help with tickets being sold on unless because you have to present ID to pick them up, you'll also be told you have to present ID when you enter the ground. Quite like the idea of them being checked at the turnstile in a separate queue, wouldn't take long as there's very rarely a queue anyway.

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #587 on: January 29, 2017, 04:07:01 pm »
What about us that work of the week until 6pm every night? Would have no way of picking these up.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2017, 04:21:46 pm »
What about us that work of the week until 6pm every night? Would have no way of picking these up.

I agree with this point. Monday to Friday I travel to work outside the city and don't get home till at least 6pm most nights. I guess we'll have to pick them up on a match day  ???

Thinking about it, it's a stupid idea collecting the tickets at the ground. Someone could easily tout their tickets once they're in hand. They need to be at the turnstile showing ID if anything!!

It'll filter those with a fake liverpool address but can't imagine that is the big issue here. It'll be those selling on. I've spoken to loads of people sitting next to me in these areas and in at least half of these matches someone has said that they've bought them outside on the day for anything from £50-£130
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:25:28 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »
I agree with this point. Monday to Friday I travel to work outside the city and don't get home till at least 6pm most nights. I guess we'll have to pick them up on a match day  ???

Thinking about it, it's a stupid idea collecting the tickets at the ground. Someone could easily tout their tickets once they're in hand. They need to be at the turnstile showing ID if anything!!

Ticket office are open at 8.15m, and you'd be able to collect them on the match day too. I think sometimes people mis-interpret instructions such as this when it says "tickets will be available to collect three days before the game". That does not mean you have to collect them three days before.

I think its probably a case of small steps at a time. Firstly, get people to collect them at the ticket office. Then maybe doing spot checks in the ground. Then after that, potentially doing ID checks at the turnstiles? I would imagine that would depend on numbers, and I must admit I don't know how many tickets are sold in the local sales. But they could potentially do checks at a designates turnstile if numbers are small, or even random checks.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »
Ticket office are open at 8.15m, and you'd be able to collect them on the match day too. I think sometimes people mis-interpret instructions such as this when it says "tickets will be available to collect three days before the game". That does not mean you have to collect them three days before.

I think its probably a case of small steps at a time. Firstly, get people to collect them at the ticket office. Then maybe doing spot checks in the ground. Then after that, potentially doing ID checks at the turnstiles? I would imagine that would depend on numbers, and I must admit I don't know how many tickets are sold in the local sales. But they could potentially do checks at a designates turnstile if numbers are small, or even random checks.

The instruction however vague was clear enough but I'm literally out the door no later than 7.30am and home by 6:00pm. Whatever time the ticket office is open isn't gonna be suitable! It's a well thought out idea  :o I'll be getting mine on a match day

The initial statement leaves a lot of questions unanswered. The decisions seems a bit rash to me!

Another option would be to head down to the ground once, show ID and proof of address, they verify and take a photo of you whilst at the ground. They send you a local members photo ID card and you just simply show it at the turnstile with your paper ticket...whether that be walking in through a particular turnstile or checking everyone who has a paper ticket in those areas!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #591 on: January 29, 2017, 08:13:57 pm »
Suggest that to the club! Can do no harm. Would have to be renewed as people move but not a bad idea

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: January 29, 2017, 09:59:19 pm »
Suggest that to the club! Can do no harm. Would have to be renewed as people move but not a bad idea

Yeah it'd have to reviewed periodically. They'll get there in the end!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #593 on: January 29, 2017, 10:03:26 pm »
Worth suggesting it though.Nothing to lose! They don;t seem the best at coming up with ideas!

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 29, 2017, 10:56:43 pm »
How many tickets are we talking here, for each home game?

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:38 am »
How many tickets are we talking here, for each home game?
500 of the £9 ones.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2017, 06:14:43 pm »
Surely if there is only 500, say 250 each in U1 & U9. having their own turnstile would not take long. Simple Id check. would be a pain if you couldn't go as you couldn't give it to even your mate but could be a small price to pay
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:30 pm »
Again, suggest it to the club - either via the Merseyside rep on the SSC (Graham Smith on here) or directly to them. Worth a try!

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/deancoombes/status/826506790393282561

Stewards checking people now! (Video from Twitter above)
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/deancoombes/status/826506790393282561

Stewards checking people now! (Video from Twitter above)

Good. They must've confiscated a few tickets tonight, lad next to me in U1 was speaking French all game. Seemed like there was more tourists in there than usual as well, half and halfs galore