Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1234194 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
I was a huge fan of Entourage.

Anyone know anything vaguely similar?
This is made by the same people

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1299365/
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »

Thanks mate, I'll check it out.

Offline StephenStills

• Main Stander
  • We all dream of a team of Lucases.
« Reply #282 on: April 1, 2012, 05:41:58 pm »
Just want to shout out "New Girl"
If you haven't watched it, you should. its quirky and it doesn't make you crack up but its very lighthearted and makes you happy.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #283 on: April 1, 2012, 06:12:59 pm »
If you haven't watched it, you should. its quirky and it doesn't make you crack up but its very lighthearted and makes you happy.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=285801.msg9792132#msg9792132

Try this,if you like New girl.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839417/

And this.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1845307/

« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 06:16:07 pm by dave 5516 »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 1, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »
I was a huge fan of Entourage.

Anyone know anything vaguely similar?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206467/

Only the one season, but very funny.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #285 on: April 1, 2012, 07:16:42 pm »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206467/

Only the one season, but very funny.
That show was brilliant.Jay Mohr was hilarious.Another good show Fox cancelled.Idiot's. ::)

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #286 on: April 2, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

Yeah I've actually enjoyed this; it's not 30 Rock or Parks and Rec, but it's better than a lot of other comedies out there right now. Plus I love Zooey Deschanel (probably more than is healthy). New Girl and Awake are the two new shows I've picked up this year and I have zero complaints about either. Awake is just phenomenal and keeps getting better with each episode.
Justice For The 96

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #287 on: April 2, 2012, 05:45:29 pm »
House of Lies is decent, and just finished it's first season.

Here is the gist, from wiki...

House of Lies (stylized as Hou$e of Lie$) is an American comedy television series created by Matthew Carnahan.[1] The show, which premiered on Showtime on January 8, 2012, is based on the book, House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Then Tell You the Time, written by Martin Kihn, a former consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton. It follows a group of management consultants who stop at nothing to get business deals done, even if it calls for extremes.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #288 on: April 5, 2012, 12:26:15 am »
Going out of my mind trying to find subtitles for Braquo season 2, if anyone could help I'd be over the moon!!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #289 on: April 5, 2012, 09:31:31 am »
Has anyone seen Generation Kill?I downloaded since it was HBO production and Simon was involved.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #290 on: April 5, 2012, 10:42:05 am »
Going out of my mind trying to find subtitles for Braquo season 2, if anyone could help I'd be over the moon!!
There are'nt any around mate.Keep an eye out for a torrent from the 30th of April,it's back on FX,the day before.Unles you have FX,that is. ;) Have you seen Engrenage? If not,I'd watch it.It's as good,if not better than Braquo. Have a look here. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477507/

Has anyone seen Generation Kill?I downloaded since it was HBO production and Simon was involved.
It's really good.It's realistic,but it does'nt glorify the invasion,just tell's the soldier's story.Which by the way is based on this book.http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=NUCP2WB3
« Last Edit: April 5, 2012, 10:44:20 am by dave 5516 »

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 5, 2012, 01:31:48 pm »

I was in the same position a while back - tried watching it in French, but my french wasn't good enough :( First season was very enjoyable.

Yes. Worth watching. Very good.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #292 on: April 5, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
There are'nt any around mate.Keep an eye out for a torrent from the 30th of April,it's back on FX,the day before.Unles you have FX,that is. ;) Have you seen Engrenage? If not,I'd watch it.It's as good,if not better than Braquo. Have a look here. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477507/
Didn't think so. Funnily enough I downloaded Engrenage / Spiral yesterday, so will give it a go. Annoying that the only subtitles I could find were Romanian?!
I've got FX in my house, but never even noticed it was on until I started watching the show online. I'll have to get my old man to Sky+ at home cause I've only got Virgin here. I'm thinking of buying him season 1 DVD as a thank you gift for taking me to Wembley next weekend :D so hopefully he'll be wanting to watch it anyway.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 5, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »
House of Lies is decent, and just finished it's first season.

Here is the gist, from wiki...

House of Lies (stylized as Hou$e of Lie$) is an American comedy television series created by Matthew Carnahan.[1] The show, which premiered on Showtime on January 8, 2012, is based on the book, House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Then Tell You the Time, written by Martin Kihn, a former consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton. It follows a group of management consultants who stop at nothing to get business deals done, even if it calls for extremes.

Yeah, came in this thread to recommend this, piled through season 1 in a couple of days - it's nothing groundbreaking but good fun. Both Cheadle and Kristen Bell are excellent (and you get to see Veronica Mars shagging and dropping the F-bomb). For any Parks & Rec fans, the guy who plays Jean-Ralphio is another regular.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 9, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »

Nice one for that mate, just finished watching the first series and really enjoyed it. Gonna get onto the second series soon..

Can't believe HBO cancelled this after two seasons mind - Wallberg reckons it might get picked up by someone else which is hopefully the case as I think it's got massive potential.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:09 pm »
Just watched the first episode of a new comedy series from the US called Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23.

That must be one of the longest titles for a comedy show, but really enjoyed it.  I had to laugh at James Van Der Beek playing himself.  Different characters kept calling him Dawson and tacking the mickey out of himself.

Will defo give a few more a view to see how it pans out.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »
Just watched the first episode of a new comedy series from the US called Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23.

That must be one of the longest titles for a comedy show, but really enjoyed it.  I had to laugh at James Van Der Beek playing himself.  Different characters kept calling him Dawson and tacking the mickey out of himself.

Will defo give a few more a view to see how it pans out.
Got this today,going to give it a look now.I think everybody think's of Van Der Beek as Dawson,and I've never seen Dawson's Creek.
Have you seen this,its ok.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839417/episodes?season=1
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:21:16 pm by dave 5516 »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2012, 10:39:16 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbgUZFHb9QY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XbgUZFHb9QY</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2012, 07:39:40 am »
Anyone watching Magic City? I haven't seen it yet, but seen mixed reviews. Set in the late  50s, mob related, lots of boobs, aiming for a Mad Men/Sopranos audience, so they say.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2012, 09:37:07 am »

Obviously the fat guy at the end thinks every next day will be his last....
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »
This start's tonight at 9pm on BBC 4.It's supposed to be brilliant,do not miss,I've been told.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #301 on: May 1, 2012, 03:45:08 pm »
.....Have you seen this,its ok.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839417/episodes?season=1

Gave this a go and really liked it only for it to be canned after just 6 episodes!!!! Christ on a Bike...why don't these American production companies follow through with any of these series! All they do if fucking can them as soon as it gets one bad review or find out it doesn't test well with the 75-76 female scuba diving demographic!

:no

Anyone watching Magic City? I haven't seen it yet, but seen mixed reviews. Set in the late  50s, mob related, lots of boobs, aiming for a Mad Men/Sopranos audience, so they say.

I've watched the first couple of this...it's been above average I would say, but part of me feels that it's style over substance....and this type of drama has been done better before. I will persevere though as I feel that it's going to take a turn for the better as things start to escalate.....as long as it doesn't get fucking canned that it!!!
« Last Edit: May 1, 2012, 03:47:43 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #302 on: May 1, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »
Gave this a go and really liked it only for it to be canned after just 6 episodes!!!! Christ on a Bike...why don't these American production companies follow through with any of these series! All they do if fucking can them as soon as it gets one bad review or find out it doesn't test well with the 75-76 female scuba diving demographic!

:no

I've watched the first couple of this...it's been above average I would say, but part of me feels that it's style over substance....and this type of drama has been done better before. I will persevere though as I feel that it's going to take a turn for the better as things start to escalate.....as long as it doesn't get fucking canned that it!!!
I was loving Bent.The chemistry between the lead's was good,the rest of the cast were good and Jeffrey Tambor was great,but fuck it can it. :no

Like you say,their just too eager to can stuff,soon as the figure's go down so does the ad revenue,and some genius say's let's cut our losses.No show.

As for Magic City,I watched 5 minute's and it reminded me of Crime Story,which is no bad thing.I've got the rest on my hdd,like you I'm just hoping they continue with it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090410/ Crime Story link.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 2, 2012, 01:35:31 pm »
I am going start watching Dexter from the 1st season, see what all the hype is about  ;)
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: May 2, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »
I am going start watching Dexter from the 1st season, see what all the hype is about  ;)

Whatever you do, don't stop watching because you don't like Season 3. (Some don't, I thought it was fine)

Season 4 is one of the best seasons of any TV series ever.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 2, 2012, 03:04:28 pm »
Whatever you do, don't stop watching because you don't like Season 3. (Some don't, I thought it was fine)

I stopped watching at season 2 after enjoying the first one, because it was painful to watch with all the 'But he knows that...and she knows that...and he's going to see him...nooooooooooooooo'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 2, 2012, 03:26:56 pm »
watched all episodes of The Killing recently,
US remake of the Danish original series which I haven't seen.
it was pretty good, kept me involved with some decent acting.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #307 on: May 2, 2012, 11:15:24 pm »
Braquo season 2 was on FX on Monday night I think. Anyone know where can watch online? Or just download the subtitles?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #308 on: May 2, 2012, 11:47:57 pm »
Braquo season 2 was on FX on Monday night I think. Anyone know where can watch online? Or just download the subtitles?
Not available on both ask's.It's available on the anytime option on sky +,,time to ring home.If I find a dl I'll post it to you.

Oh yeah,it's on on Sunday,repeated Monday.

Online Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 3, 2012, 12:20:04 am »
Just watched Geeks and Freaks. Can't believe i missed this 12 years ago and it was never comossioned for a second series. Brilliant show.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 3, 2012, 08:38:44 am »
Been on the beeb and now over here in Oz.

The Shadow Line
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNYCSNsTZSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gNYCSNsTZSc</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 4, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »

I am half way through season 3 and I think it's good. Season one was really good though, better than 2 and atm better than 3, IMO.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #312 on: May 4, 2012, 11:55:33 pm »
Just watched Geeks and Freaks. Can't believe i missed this 12 years ago and it was never comossioned for a second series. Brilliant show.

It's Freaks and Geeks, but nonetheless a great show and incredibly underrated. It ranks amongst a long list of great shows canned way too early.
Justice For The 96

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #313 on: May 5, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »
As I said,so here it is.Just for you though. :wave
http://beta.demonoid.me/files/details/2921436/?hl=braquo
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 04:04:15 pm by dave 5516 »

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 6, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
As I said,so here it is.Just for you though. :wave
http://beta.demonoid.me/files/details/2921436/?hl=braquo

Ta very much Dave, I've been looking for that.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #315 on: May 7, 2012, 02:56:59 pm »
It's Freaks and Geeks, but nonetheless a great show and incredibly underrated. It ranks amongst a long list of great shows canned way too early.
Yeah, loved it. A surprising amount of the cast have gone onto really good careers. James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel all in it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 7, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »
Yeah, loved it. A surprising amount of the cast have gone onto really good careers. James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel all in it.

Yeah. It was strange watching so many actors i've enjoyed watching in recent years but never actually saw them in this, the show that launched alot of their careers.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 7, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »
I watched the first episode of Awake earlier. Pretty good. Will definitely give it another couple of episodes

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #318 on: May 8, 2012, 09:14:34 am »
Ta very much Dave, I've been looking for that.
Here's this week's upload for Braquo. http://beta.demonoid.me/files/details/2924948/?hl=braquo

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 8, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
I watched the first episode of Awake earlier. Pretty good. Will definitely give it another couple of episodes

I wolfed down the first 4 yesterday.

Do like something about it, but there's a little too much mawkishness for my liking. Once I'm addicted I won't stop till I get to the end of the series though so giving it more time.

PS if anyone has any interest in music at all, and hasn't watched Treme yet, do yourself a favour.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.