Author Topic: is it paranoia  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
is it paranoia
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:17:32 pm »
or are those idiots we contacted months ago still targeting email accounts of us , I only ask because myself and two mates who separately sent loads of email all had our accounts hacked recently! :no
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: is it paranoia
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:39 pm »
I imagine there's that many of us who sent out emails to the various people and companies that it pissed someone off along the line... though people do get their emails hacked or sent shite loads of stuff fairly often... but it could also depend what else we've doing on the internet that could attract this sort of attention... I'd be changing the passwords to my accounts soon - we should all do it anyway on a regular basis.

Although it may be too late for some people here, it's probably a good idea to have a few email accounts for various internet related activity (one for family & mates, one for shopping, one for footy stuff, one for website registrations etc) - I'm just a bit cautious on this.

Let us know if any more people are having problems - hopefully it's just paranoia (though it could be that I registered for some 'high quality adult-themed material' from Russia that never arrived...) ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576