Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388163 times)

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #280 on: April 3, 2011, 12:34:02 am »
Watched the series in one go. Didn't intend to but because it was only 6 episodes I caught the whole "just one more before I go to sleep" bug.

Fairly impressed with it, hopefully the kinks will be ironed out in the second series. Need something else to watch in the meantime. Done The Wire, Battlestar, V, The Cape (shite), Terminator TSCC & every episode of star trek ever. What to do?  :(

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #281 on: April 3, 2011, 01:20:00 am »
Watched the series in one go. Didn't intend to but because it was only 6 episodes I caught the whole "just one more before I go to sleep" bug.

Fairly impressed with it, hopefully the kinks will be ironed out in the second series. Need something else to watch in the meantime. Done The Wire, Battlestar, V, The Cape (shite), Terminator TSCC & every episode of star trek ever. What to do?  :(

The shield. Fucking brilliant.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #282 on: April 3, 2011, 02:48:03 am »
Sopranos, Rome, Spartacus, Dexter, six feet under, deadwood, carnivale, curb your enthusiasm, arrested development, mad men, breaking bad. For a start.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 02:50:45 am by King Richard IV »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 3, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »

Dexter.

Offline Bethany_LFC

• Anny Roader
  • Seconds away from Disaster...
« Reply #284 on: April 3, 2011, 04:51:24 pm »
Sopranos, Rome, Spartacus, Dexter, six feet under, deadwood, carnivale, curb your enthusiasm, arrested development, mad men, breaking bad. For a start.

Althought Deadwood and Carnivale were great, they don't have endings, that's why I never recommend them to anyone.

My recommendations for Golden_Child after what he has already watched;

Drama:
24 (the best thing on TV except Battlestar for the last 10 years)
Chuck (might get canned but still a 10/10 series)
Dexter
Harper's Island (fun who done it murder mini-series)

Comedy:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Sunny in Philadelphia
Malcom in the Middle
Modern Family

Sci-Fi:
Lost (frustrating for some, like the Bible for others)
Firefly (only a few eps then a Movie)
True Blood
Dollhouse
Buffy/Angel (looking a bit dated now to be honest, remember it being better than it is to be honest)
Fringe
Taken (Epic Steven Spielberg Mini-Series)
Vampire Diaries (girly guilty pleasure)
Outer Limits (new series)

Other:
Glee (if you like that kind of thing, even if you don't its good)

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #285 on: April 3, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »
Althought Deadwood and Carnivale were great, they don't have endings, that's why I never recommend them to anyone.

Drama:
Dexter

Comedy:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Sunny in Philadelphia
Malcom in the Middle
Modern Family

Sci-Fi:
True Blood
Dollhouse
Buffy/Angel (looking a bit dated now to be honest, remember it being better than it is to be honest)
Fringe

Other:

Deadwood and Carnivale were terminated early but they both reach the end of their story arcs at the ends of their final series and they are both so superb that it's well worth watching them imo.

to be honest, I think Dexter would have been much better if it had been guillotined at the end of two series.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: April 3, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »

to be honest, I think Dexter would have been much better if it had been guillotined at the end of two series.

Bizarre

What on earth makes you say that ?
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #287 on: April 3, 2011, 08:21:06 pm »
All series of Dexter are class. I'm bemused by that comment aswell.
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #288 on: April 3, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »
Bizarre

Agreed i thought the last 2 seasons were excellent .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #289 on: April 3, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »
I'd argue that season 2 was possibly the weakest. That loopy woman was very irritating indeed.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #290 on: April 3, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »
Ta Xavi, Richard, Nay & Bethany  :)

Plenty for me to get on with there. Think i'll dive headlong into 24 (no idea why I've never watched it), Dexter (ditto) and The Shield for starters. Hopefully that will keep me going until the zombie apocalypse returns.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #291 on: April 3, 2011, 10:42:48 pm »
The Shield was an outstanding show. It was sad watching theclast few episodes and what did eventually happen to the squad....but an outstanding show none the less.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 4, 2011, 01:23:15 am »

Drama:
Dexter

Comedy:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Sunny in Philadelphia
Malcom in the Middle
Modern Family

Sci-Fi:
True Blood
Dollhouse
Fringe

Other:

Not sure Chuck can be called a drama. It's more of a sci-fi/comedy. Should be scrapped after this series as it's gone absolutely shit. Once his mates found out he was a spy, it stopped being interesting.

Regarding The Walking Dead, it's more or less confirmed to have a 3rd season. Good to know.
Oh, and the first season starts on Channel 5 later this month. I think it's te 10th for anyone who hasn't already seen it.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2011, 01:25:18 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #293 on: April 5, 2011, 05:47:27 pm »
Bizarre

Imo the first two series were far, far better than any other. Series 3 is dire, series 4 is just ok and I am 9 episodes into series 5 and it's slightly better than series 3.

In the first two series it wasn't apparent just how bad the writing is on all characters other than Dexter himself. It's painfully so now, and only for Michael Hall wouldn't be worth the time.

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2011, 06:59:21 pm »
For anyone who missed this first time round (like me) channel five are showing it, starting tonight at 10

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35:11 pm »
For anyone who missed this first time round (like me) channel five are showing it, starting tonight at 10

Jammy Bastard

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2011, 11:53:07 am »
Just discovered this now and I fucking love it, can't wait for Series 2!

Offline El Diablos

• The Chronologically Trousered Philanthropist
  • Legacy Fan
  • All posts copyright of Alan Smithee
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
The first episode or two were terrific but as a season it was very patchy indeed and lacked focus. Storylines were either developed and left unfinished or introduced and then resolved too quickly for any significant dramatic development. Im not familiar with the comic book source material but it felt like the writers were dipping in and out of key parts of the storyline instead of coherently reworking it as a consistent piece of tv drama. Comic books can be very episodic in nature as their format allows it but a short TV season needed more dramatic focus. No wonder the writing team is getting an overhaul.

On a more amusing point Channel 5 have come into a bit of bother for advertising their broadcast of the show.An advertising firm has apologised for placing a billboard for a TV show called The Walking Dead on the side of a funeral parlour.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »
I watched the whole series in one go, having never heard of the comic.

The overall premise was interesting but I found the series to be quite uneven.  My initial reaction was that the acting was spectacularly weak, especially Andrew Lincoln whom I could hardly stand by the end of the 6th episode, but it is likely that the cast was weighed down by a crappy script.

I'm mildly looking forward to the second season, mostly because I'm interested in where the story might be going.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 14, 2011, 04:23:31 pm »
The first episode or two were terrific but as a season it was very patchy indeed and lacked focus. Storylines were either developed and left unfinished or introduced and then resolved too quickly for any significant dramatic development. Im not familiar with the comic book source material but it felt like the writers were dipping in and out of key parts of the storyline instead of coherently reworking it as a consistent piece of tv drama. Comic books can be very episodic in nature as their format allows it but a short TV season needed more dramatic focus. No wonder the writing team is getting an overhaul.

I actually found that refreshing. The hanging plot lines made it all unpredictable. For instance I was expecting a visit from Mr One Hand throughout the rest of the series. Leaving loose ends, and not tying it up in a bow worked for me. Some of the writing wasn't great, but I actually liked the loose ends.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »
Seen the 1st episode on five the other day and decided to give the rest a watch. Really like the show but as others say it seems to be a bit loose in storyline. Wat was the kid all about right at the start when hes carrying the fuel can? Guess it's a bit from the future and we'll find out in the season. Looking forward to see where it leads anyways.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »
Love series' like this.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2011, 07:05:27 pm »
Seen the 1st episode on five the other day and decided to give the rest a watch. Really like the show but as others say it seems to be a bit loose in storyline. Wat was the kid all about right at the start when hes carrying the fuel can? Guess it's a bit from the future and we'll find out in the season. Looking forward to see where it leads anyways.
The bit at the start with the kid is just an intro. It's obviously taken place as Rick was finding his way to Atlanta. It's an attention grabber. Nothing more than that.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2011, 11:17:30 am »
I reckon the first episode of the second series will be the story of the guy and his kid since we last saw them.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2011, 12:18:43 am »
Just watching episode 4 now. 
Spoiler
Why did that racist guy not just cut the handcuffs with the hacksaw, and not his own hand?  Silly sausage.
[close]
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2011, 12:21:59 am »
I fell apart when what's her name's sister got killed during the sneak attack at night at their camp site at the quarry..it just killed me watching her go....
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2011, 08:01:55 am »
Just watching episode 4 now. 
Spoiler
Why did that racist guy not just cut the handcuffs with the hacksaw, and not his own hand?  Silly sausage.
[close]

Because it was blunt and flesh/bone is softer than steel, I'm guessing.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:01 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNmwf_cI8q0?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HNmwf_cI8q0?version=3</a>
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2011, 10:59:26 am »
When does it start?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2011, 11:01:46 am »
Haha! Fucking brutal!
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:45 am »
Haha! Fucking brutal!

This is going to be awesome...pity the show didn't get picked for any awards though...

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:27 am »
When does it start?
October.

Rumours are Stephen King might write an episode as well.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2011, 11:41:35 am »
October.

Nice!!!!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2011, 11:59:02 am »
lightweight stuff compared to some of the other US imports......lost interest half way through to be honest
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »
lightweight stuff compared to some of the other US imports......lost interest half way through to be honest

It's a change from the norm..and let's face it, some people like the idea of an end of the world scenario with zombies..to find out who survives and who doesn't.

Its something different for a change..otherwise it's always a cop drama or a doctor drama on the telly...

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »
October.

I read last week that it's been brought forward to August so it wont be up against as much stiff competition and will receive a wider viewership.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »
I read last week that it's been brought forward to August so it wont be up against as much stiff competition and will receive a wider viewership.
Interesting, the wiki says october and that they only started filiming a few weeks ago, prefer it if they took their time and got it right rather than rushed it.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:09 pm »
Interesting, the wiki says october and that they only started filiming a few weeks ago, prefer it if they took their time and got it right rather than rushed it.

The July date looks dodgily sourced.

It premieres in October in Germany...

http://scifimafia.com/2011/06/the-walking-dead-season-2-premiere-date-news-and-no-kidding-action-figures/

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »
Saw that clip last night, while watching Breaking Bad. I think this new season will be mental. Can't wait.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock