Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 258884 times)

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #240 on: August 8, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »
I know this may be unpopular but am I right in thinking I'm the only person who absolutely loathes this show and thinks it's a huge pile of festering shit?

I watched it as soon as it came out, got half way through season 2 and couldn't carry on watching it. 100% inprobable, stupid and illogical to the point where it made me angry. It's just not realistic.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: August 8, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »
I know this may be unpopular but am I right in thinking I'm the only person who absolutely loathes this show and thinks it's a huge pile of festering shit?

I watched it as soon as it came out, got half way through season 2 and couldn't carry on watching it. 100% inprobable, stupid and illogical to the point where it made me angry. It's just not realistic.

That's my opinion to, except I love it, and don't know why...

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 8, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »
That's my opinion to, except I love it, and don't know why...
Well at least I'm partially not alone. :D I just find as soon as something logically falls down in my mind I can't stand it any more.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #243 on: August 8, 2011, 05:10:41 pm »

90% of TV shows are like that though, if everything was realistic it would just be exactly the same as life and be mundane.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 8, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »
Exaggeration for entertainment? Scandalous.

On another note, what a fantastic episode. Think someone commented about Jesse being an annoying "wannabe ganster", seems so fitting.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: August 8, 2011, 06:11:59 pm »
Exaggeration for entertainment? Scandalous.

On another note, what a fantastic episode. Think someone commented about Jesse being an annoying "wannabe ganster", seems so fitting.
I watched every episode of the previous seasons back to back as it was put on a few dvds for me and i found him infuriating. Everytime he finishes a sentence with "Yo", i die a little. Has he changed? even slightly?

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 8, 2011, 06:13:02 pm »
Yes

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 8, 2011, 06:16:06 pm »
Yes
:o :) Has he dropped the gangster shite? I was hoping him bumping off the other guy would have an effect on him

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #248 on: August 8, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »
Its interesting seeing jesse slowly break down.

Only a matter of time before he kills someone again, my guess being gus.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 8, 2011, 06:25:20 pm »
It has affected him profoundly, alot more melancholy, really interesting character.

I'm a bit bias though always prefered Jesse over Walt.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 8, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
just finished watching, painful watching what's happened to jesse.

i dunno whether i like mike or not after he sucker punched walt, but the beginning of the episode was pretty funny.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 9, 2011, 04:25:09 am »

Yeah, I'd the same problem with the X-Files, Lost and other brilliantly entertaining TV shows like them. I mean, they just weren't realistic, were they? Aliens, sea monsters, zombies and all that. Load of shite.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:57 pm »
Getting pissed off with this series. Nothing's happening.

I don't mind a few filler or contemplative episodes a season, especially if it helps the pacing of the show and adds depth to the characters, but this whole season apart from ep 01 has been totally lacking in any action or suspense and it's getting boring now. There also hasn't been any addition of new characters so it just feels as though it has become staid.

What I didn't want to see was all the interesting stuff left until the last couple of episodes just to get you watching season 5 but it looks like that's what's happening.
It is most odd.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »
Getting pissed off with this series. Nothing's happening.

I don't mind a few filler or contemplative episodes a season, especially if it helps the pacing of the show and adds depth to the characters, but this whole season apart from ep 01 has been totally lacking in any action or suspense and it's getting boring now. There also hasn't been any addition of new characters so it just feels as though it has become staid.

What I didn't want to see was all the interesting stuff left until the last couple of episodes just to get you watching season 5 but it looks like that's what's happening.
different strokes! I've been loving it (I did watch the last three back to back, maybe that helps). I've found it reLly fascinating, particular Jessies story. Looks like Gus is going to be his new father figure. Hank is edging ever closer, a major drugs war is about to break out and Walt doesn't know what to expect next. Its bubbling up nicely.

Btw, season five has been greenlit. It will be the final season and be sixteen rather than thirteen episodes. I'll be sad to see it go, but five seems about right.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2011, 10:42:26 pm »
(I did watch the last three back to back, maybe that helps).

I think it might. I watched the first three seasons in a month or two, so I could watch the story unfold at the speed I wanted. This just appears to be dragging on. Would you agree that this series is slower paced than the previous three though, or is it me?

There's definitely been no new characters introduced which is unlike past seasons. I don't think that helps the show.
It is most odd.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:40 pm »
I think it might. I watched the first three seasons in a month or two, so I could watch the story unfold at the speed I wanted. This just appears to be dragging on. Would you agree that this series is slower paced than the previous three though, or is it me?

There's definitely been no new characters introduced which is unlike past seasons. I don't think that helps the show.
yeah I would say slower, but not in a bad way. I'm not interested in the carwash plot stuff, I fully admit, but everything else is great.  Oh and has Skylar put on a bit og weight or is that my imagination?

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:30 pm »
Oh and has Skylar put on a bit og weight or is that my imagination?

Definitely bit of a porker now. I still would though.
It is most odd.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:04 am »
Definitely bit of a porker now. I still would though.
goes without saying!

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2011, 04:44:47 am »
I'm kinda disappointed in the last few episodes.  I feel like we keep re-exploring the same themes over and over again.  This may be indicative of a real-life escalation of sorts but it's not being done in a forward-thinking way, me thinks.

Spoiler
This whole Skyler taking off charade has been done before.   Walt or Hank complaining about their work situation and refusing to play weak, that also has been done before.  Jesse brooding, ok we get it.
[close]

Of course, there are specific moments that I've liked a lot - that last set piece involving Jesse was great - but I feel like the car is stuck in the mud and the wheels are spinning.  I just hope we're gonna get out of this ditch sometime soon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:47:55 am by Alphaville »
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2011, 05:46:09 am »
Meh. Watched most of the first season and then stopped. It was just such a consistent downer that it was no fun to watch. Also watching people smoke meth all the time reminded me of my wilder days that i'd rather not have dredged up in my mind.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2011, 06:14:55 am »
Meh. Watched most of the first season and then stopped. It was just such a consistent downer that it was no fun to watch. Also watching people smoke meth all the time reminded me of my wilder days that i'd rather not have dredged up in my mind.

Are you a recovering meth addict?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:00 am »
Love this show, but season 4 is pretty dissapointing.

Spoiler
What's the deal with Walt telling his brother-in-law he doesn't think Gale is Heisenberg? How unrealistic is that?! When you're drunk, you're just dyin' to tell your DEA-officer-brother-in-law about your meth-cooking-activities?! Also: this whole on-and-off-thing between Walt and Skyler really grinds my gears as well. Been there, done that.
[close]
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:42 pm »
Are you a recovering meth addict?

Nah. I dabbled a bit but knew when to back off. Even if you do it once or twice a month it'll own your brain so I don't touch the stuff anymore. To be frank I'd rather not even think about it, which may contribute to my lack of enjoyment with this show.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2011, 10:07:46 am »
This is the best thing ever made.
hi

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2011, 01:03:07 pm »
Is this better than The Wire?
:D

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »

haha no

Still a good show.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2011, 03:34:57 pm »
haha no

Still a good show.

I'm on a bit of a come down, hadn't seen The Wire until 2 weeks ago.. now I'm almost at the end of Season 5. Heard this is good though, will give it a watch after. :(
:D

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #267 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:50 pm »
hi

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »
Yes. More original, less cliche. Far too many cop dramas about.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2011, 06:41:24 pm »
Bubbling along very nicely now.

And I'm actually liking Skylar this season.

Love this show, but season 4 is pretty dissapointing.

Spoiler
What's the deal with Walt telling his brother-in-law he doesn't think Gale is Heisenberg? How unrealistic is that?! When you're drunk, you're just dyin' to tell your DEA-officer-brother-in-law about your meth-cooking-activities?! Also: this whole on-and-off-thing between Walt and Skyler really grinds my gears as well. Been there, done that.
[close]

Because he's clearly lost the plot, he's now enjoying being a criminal, the rush that goes along with it. He also doesn't want anyone else getting the credit for his work, his "genius". And yeah, he was sloshed, you don't say stupid shit, or things you regret when you're drunk?

It's been a very slow burn so far, but it's all building to a pretty chaotic last few episodes imo.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:50:48 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:37 pm »
I don't think it is.  I'll agree with Macphisto that the premise is more original than in the Wire, but that's about where it stops for me.  You could even argue that the Wire's exploration of crime in Baltimore from so many different perspectives is much more original than anything in Breaking Bad but that's not entirely fair. For one thing, Breaking Bad is an ongoing series and we haven't seen its conclusion yet.  For me, the Wire is a complex essay on society, written in a rich vernacular.  I don't think Breaking Bad has much to say about society as a whole. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad and I think it's definitely worth watching.  It has, for the most part, excellent writing, acting and directing.  I think the story drags at times but that's a minor complaint, mostly prompted by the fact that when the show gathers momentum, it is very very enjoyable.  I can easily say that it's one of the best TV dramas out there at the moment.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #271 on: September 1, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »
Last episode was fucking boss.

And in no way is it better than the Wire but that shouldn't take away from the fact that it is a great show. Anyone that doesn't think The Wire is the greatest is a racist ;)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #272 on: September 2, 2011, 01:19:38 am »
Anybody else on Hanks' side now bit more than Walt?  :o

Offline aceface9

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #273 on: September 2, 2011, 03:43:34 pm »
I don't think it is.  I'll agree with Macphisto that the premise is more original than in the Wire, but that's about where it stops for me.  You could even argue that the Wire's exploration of crime in Baltimore from so many different perspectives is much more original than anything in Breaking Bad but that's not entirely fair. For one thing, Breaking Bad is an ongoing series and we haven't seen its conclusion yet.  For me, the Wire is a complex essay on society, written in a rich vernacular.  I don't think Breaking Bad has much to say about society as a whole. 

I also believe that The Wire broke new ground for television shows.  Prior to The Wire more focus was put on reality televison or films. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad and I think it's definitely worth watching.  It has, for the most part, excellent writing, acting and directing.  I think the story drags at times but that's a minor complaint, mostly prompted by the fact that when the show gathers momentum, it is very very enjoyable.  I can easily say that it's one of the best TV dramas out there at the moment.

To me, The Wire broke new ground for television to produce shows like Breaking Bad.  Prior to shows like The Sopranos and The Wire the emphasis was more on reality programming or films.  While BB is without a doubt the best program on televison right now, you wouldn't necessarily have it without The Wire pioneering new tv territory.

"I wouldnt grace my one remaining eye with that inbred, bunch of silver spoon fed c*nts, smarmy,snobby , self important bunch of fucking wankers if my life depended on it. Fuck the wankers. There is a wedding down at St Faiths, that means more to me than these pricks. Get to fuck."
Sir Harvest Fields

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #274 on: September 5, 2011, 05:49:59 am »
Yes!! That last episode was pure brilliance.

POLLOS

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 5, 2011, 01:27:16 pm »
Fuckin' hell. If Giancarlo Esposito doesn't get nominated for an Emmy for his role as Gustavo Fring, there's something seriously wrong in this world. Last episode was Breaking Bad back to its best, explaining a hell of a lot, and setting up nicely for the remainder of this season.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 5, 2011, 01:28:50 pm »
Anybody else on Hanks' side now bit more than Walt?  :o

Vastly becoming my two favourite villains.
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #277 on: September 6, 2011, 12:20:00 am »
Cracking episode last night. Back to business.
It is most odd.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #278 on: September 6, 2011, 12:49:40 am »
Gus is beyond class.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 6, 2011, 01:40:52 pm »
Haven't started watching this season, so if this has already been posted, my bad. Just coming in here to post this and then gtfo without reading anything.

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2011/09/yes-fugitive-professor-is-real-life-mash-up-of-breaking-bad-sons-of-anarchy
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.