Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 73007 times)

Offline Larse

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Real Madrid
« Reply #840 on: April 12, 2021, 11:34:06 am »
Hard to believe we won't do something daft defensively which will cost us at some point so might as well go all out for the 3, 4, 5 goals we'll need. Got to try and take advantage of their old boys playing 3 really tough games in a week, a slow, technical snoozer will suit them and their midfield perfectly.

i agree with that overall but their game against us was everything but tough. We made it so, so easy for them last week.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2021, 11:36:15 am »
Score an early goal then ride the wave of noise.... oh...wait...

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: April 12, 2021, 11:37:03 am »
Genuine question.... it's legal now for mates in groups of 6 to go and distance from other fans in groups of 6 in Stanley Park and make a racket, right?
Yes it is. I was wondering if a lot of people would go down to the ground to do spread out bus welcome on Wednesday.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #843 on: April 12, 2021, 11:50:28 am »
Was a serious game that. Didn't mark wright have a header just over the bar from a corner late on that would have taken it to ET?

Think so. We certainly came close to getting a third which would have taken it to extra time. Wright scored the second with about ten to go so not sure if he then had another chance but they were definitely on the ropes.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #844 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:16 pm »
i wonder if there'll be any fireworks before or when/if we score?

now i'm not one for antisocial behaviour but it's a fucking important game of footy - and not one played at midnight when your kids are asleep - and i have to admit i quite enjoy the intimidation of those fireworks as long as they don't stop the bloody game  :no

now i've got a few 50p sparklers left over from last year so i'll be waving those with an angry grimace on my face - that'll unnerve 'em

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:23 pm »
Random thought but the pitch looked tiny last week - there was no space in the middle of the park. Maybe it technically wasn’t but the fact it was a training ground made it seem so. Can’t help but think it made a difference.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: April 12, 2021, 12:16:51 pm »

I googled it, it’s the same as The Bernabeu 105 m × 68 m
Anfield is 101 by 68

The camera angle probably made it feel smaller

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: April 12, 2021, 12:17:51 pm »
I am wondering if Klopp will play Fabinho at CB along with Kabak to mitigate their deadly counter attacking capabilities. The fact we have to score goals means we will have to attack with an aggressive high line and I feel playing Phillips could be a huge problem. Even in Madrid, he got caught out for the first goal.

Let' see but I hope its Fabinho and Kabak at CB with a midfield of Thiago, Milner/Keita and Gini.
Please no. If'n everybody does their job, which they clearly did not in Madid, Phillips and Kabak have been fine at centre-half. If they don't, then putting Fabinho at centre-half is merely papering over the cracks and trying to stop Madrid from scoring. It will not address the fact that we need to score as well.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2021, 12:18:45 pm »
I'm all in on us playing 4231 for this one and just going for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2021, 12:25:37 pm »
If we are chasing a goal with 20 to go sling Divock on and go 4231.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2021, 12:27:19 pm »
UEFA have appointed Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers as the referee in charge of Wednesday's clash between Liverpool and Real Madrid in the return leg of the Champions League Quarterfinals.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2021, 12:30:16 pm »
To be honest, I am expecting Real Madrid will park the bus and it's us who are going to have lots of the ball.

But please, expect a lightning strike level of counter-attack from the fuckers.

Sleep a moment and we are going to get fucked.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2021, 12:43:40 pm »
I'm all in on us playing 4231 for this one and just going for it.
Yep same here. Not sure why some want Shaq ahead of Mane if we are to do this. Fabinho has to be in defence for this game for me.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #853 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:35 pm »
Yep same here. Not sure why some want Shaq ahead of Mane if we are to do this.

Probs his recent amnesia re being able to kick a ball properly
I'd expect Klopp will start him and hope he comes good but nothing he's done in the last 2 months would merit him being picked for this

It's tough because on current level you wouldn't have Wijnaldam or Mane anywhere near the first eleven but he seems to either not trust or not be convinced of the fitness of so many players that there aren't many options

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #854 on: April 12, 2021, 12:51:11 pm »
Yes it is. I was wondering if a lot of people would go down to the ground to do spread out bus welcome on Wednesday.
We could put a series of billboard posters along the coach route that all say Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0, alongside pictures of Messi and Suarez looking haunted at the final whistle.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #855 on: April 12, 2021, 12:54:08 pm »
Yep same here. Not sure why some want Shaq ahead of Mane if we are to do this. Fabinho has to be in defence for this game for me.

To be honest, it crossed my mind that starting how we finished last week might be useful.

We were exposed down the left a little bit - Madrid exploited the space between Trent & Phillips well, and that was where the bulk of their threat came from.  Playing a midfield pair (presumably Thiago & Gini) could help with plugging those gaps, whilst up top you've got Salah right at the sharp end, Firmino involved in the '10', and Mane held back to provide impact later on.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #856 on: April 12, 2021, 12:57:50 pm »
Wonder if he'll consider switching Mane to the right, or Jota, and playing Salah through the middle to give TAA a bit more cover.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #857 on: April 12, 2021, 01:01:08 pm »
Think Mane will start for sure, got a rest on the weekend.  If anyone drops out, it'll be Jota.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #858 on: April 12, 2021, 01:08:51 pm »
Think Mane will start for sure, got a rest on the weekend.  If anyone drops out, it'll be Jota.

Think that would be nuts personally...Jota is easily our best hope of salvaging this tie
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2021, 01:09:02 pm »
Reckon thiago for keita, maybe bobby for jota/sadio and thats it for the changes from last week. And I hope those are the two players coming into the first 11 and nobody else

Ox, shaq etc have had too little footy imo to be thrown in against as technically a good side as Madrid from the off. Maybe as subs in certain situations
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: April 12, 2021, 01:14:20 pm »
Wonder if he'll consider switching Mane to the right, or Jota, and playing Salah through the middle to give TAA a bit more cover.

That's a good shout actually and it's something we should definitely consider doing if we do decide to play all 4 forwards as well. Salah down the middle, Jota on the left, Firmino number 10 and Mane on the right to protect Trent.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: April 12, 2021, 01:15:46 pm »
Probs his recent amnesia re being able to kick a ball properly
I'd expect Klopp will start him and hope he comes good but nothing he's done in the last 2 months would merit him being picked for this

It's tough because on current level you wouldn't have Wijnaldam or Mane anywhere near the first eleven but he seems to either not trust or not be convinced of the fitness of so many players that there aren't many options
I think Klopp will go with Mane. Can't remember last time Shaq started a game. Was it West Ham away?

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #862 on: April 12, 2021, 01:19:44 pm »
Not a fan of shouts to play Fab as a CB. Play him in his best position. Bring Firmino in. Be patient.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2021, 01:27:02 pm »
Random thought but the pitch looked tiny last week - there was no space in the middle of the park. Maybe it technically wasn’t but the fact it was a training ground made it seem so. Can’t help but think it made a difference.

Funny you should say that, that exact thing was mentioned in the classico the other night. There must of been a lot saying that because the commentator said while the pitch there looks small, its exactly the same size as the Bernabau pitch.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2021, 01:39:33 pm »
Normally not in favour of playing Fab at the back, but I would make an exception on Wednesday. The killed us with those balls over the top in the first leg, and we can't have have Nat on the pitch as we're chasing a two goal disadvantage. I think Jurgen will go this way, since he played Fabinho in midfield at the weekend and I don't think he'll give him three full 90s at the 6 in a week.

Alisson
Trent Fab Kabak Robbo
      Milner Thiago
  Mane Bobby Jota
           Salah
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2021, 01:49:44 pm »
Funny you should say that, that exact thing was mentioned in the classico the other night. There must of been a lot saying that because the commentator said while the pitch there looks small, its exactly the same size as the Bernabau pitch.
Low camera angle...Twas like that at White Hart lane back in the day.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2021, 01:56:11 pm »
It is exactly the same size as the Bernabeu. Low camera angle and small stadium makes it look tinier the same way the Camp Nou always look massive because of the camera angle.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2021, 03:16:55 pm »
Come on Redmen !!
No denying we were poor in the first leg. Interesting to see  Bobby looked busy on Saturday so expect him back.
Guess we will see Gini, Thiago and Fab in midfield. So only line up question is who of Mane and Jota start on the bench. Jota seems most likely to me. That way we can aim to be one up with thirty to go and then de ide who he replaces depending on what still needs to be done.
Pleased to hear Vasquez out for them so Mane will be up against someone different.
2-0 will be tough but is doable with a higher intensity in the press and more clinical finishing than of late.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2021, 03:19:23 pm »
Madrid have confirmed their squad...still no Varane and Vasquez out too, Hazard still not ready.

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin, Altube

Defenders: Militao, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola, Mendy, Chust

Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco, Arribas, Marvin

Forwards: Benzema, Asensio, Vinicius Jr, Mariano, Rodrygo

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2021, 03:32:33 pm »
I have a feeling this will only go one of two ways. We either destroy them and score 5 goals and keep a clean sheet, or we lose 0-3.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2021, 03:35:12 pm »
I would start with 4-5-1:
Alisson : Trent - Phillips - Fabinho - Robbo : Milner - Jones - Thiago - Jota - Firmino : Salah
The aim would be to control the midfield by crowding the space for the first 55-60 minutes. This in my opinion could nullify & tire out Modric and Kroos.

Then at minute 60 & 75, make 5 substitutes in two bursts to end the game with 3-4-3:
Alisson : Trent - Fabinho - Milner : Gini - Shaqiri - Ox - Keita: Salah - Mane - Firmino

The key to this game is putting away the chances we create, but because we have been profligate in front of goal (more than typical this season), I just CANNOT see us score more than 1.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2021, 04:00:36 pm »
Madrid have confirmed their squad...still no Varane and Vasquez out too, Hazard still not ready.

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin, Altube

Defenders: Militao, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola, Mendy, Chust

Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco, Arribas, Marvin

Forwards: Benzema, Asensio, Vinicius Jr, Mariano, Rodrygo

The weakest Real Madrid team for some time that. Will be really frustrating if we get knocked out to them.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2021, 04:13:16 pm »
Alisson Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson Fabinho Gini Thiago Firmino Jota Salah
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2021, 04:19:14 pm »
Yes. This.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2021, 04:33:59 pm »
Quote from: MNAA

link=topic=347524.msg17696294#msg17696294 date=1618240396

Mane definitely starts after resting vs Villa. I think Jota misses out.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2021, 04:43:19 pm »
Rush had been a Leeds that season so I remember the starting line up raising a few eyebrows. ;)

Was it Berger maybe? He and Collymore didn’t tend to start many games together. Think Barnes was dropped that night for the first time in his Liverpool career too.

So he did, old age has pulled me back again. Looks like we played 352 based on this so i am even more wrong:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/liverpool-v-paris-st-germain-24-april-1997-25208/

hopefully we dont see a similar bench on Wednesday

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #876 on: April 12, 2021, 04:55:25 pm »
The weakest Real Madrid team for some time that. Will be really frustrating if we get knocked out to them.
Their midfield and forwards don't look that bad to me.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: April 12, 2021, 05:11:23 pm »
UEFA have appointed Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers as the referee in charge of Wednesday's clash between Liverpool and Real Madrid in the return leg of the Champions League Quarterfinals.

Let's hope he likes big Virg and Gini..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: April 12, 2021, 05:14:22 pm »

Wonder if this is happening or if it’s possible?

Would happily go an greet ours and their bus with crates of kopperberg to pass around, in the current times though I would want to be responsible so will make sure they are proper thick glass bottles not cans.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: April 12, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »

https://www.lfchistory.net/Referees/Referee/Profile/252

He last reffed us in the 1st leg loss in Barcelona two years ago and was the one to ridiculously send Markovic off at home to Basel in 14/15 when we needed a win to progress to the knockout stage.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.