32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 639001 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12160 on: April 27, 2024, 05:25:20 pm »
Truly pissed off with the scheduling. I want to watch the Si v Jones match - reaching its conclusion. BBC and Eurosport are showing Higgins v Allan, but inexplicably, so are Discovery +. WTF?

BBC iplayer/website for Si vs Jones match
#Sausages

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12161 on: April 27, 2024, 05:38:49 pm »
Thanks VR - but it doesn’t work. Most BBC2 channels are showing women’s rugby. BBC 2 WALES is showing Flog It, Eurosport doesn’t work on red button.

Thanks SR - will try.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12162 on: April 27, 2024, 05:42:34 pm »
Thanks VR - but it doesn’t work. Most BBC2 channels are showing women’s rugby. BBC 2 WALES is showing Flog It, Eurosport doesn’t work on red button.

Thanks SR - will try.

Nope, won’t allow it. Edit * managed to get it on my iPad! Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:46:27 pm by Robinred »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12163 on: April 27, 2024, 05:51:14 pm »

Thanks SR - will try.

Red button on any bbc channel usually gives the option of watching either table.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12164 on: April 27, 2024, 06:16:53 pm »
Red button on any bbc channel usually gives the option of watching either table.

Thanks again VR. I’ve played about with it and think I know how to get iplayer via the Red button, then get to the menu. Anyway it was a cracking watch, and I’m chuffed for Jones.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12165 on: Yesterday at 04:09:54 pm »

Good to finally see some close games in this round. Allen/Higgins and Lisowski/Bingham could go the distance.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12166 on: Yesterday at 04:36:34 pm »
Allen vs Higgins has been a really hard watch. Both really struggling.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12167 on: Yesterday at 04:46:15 pm »
Allen vs Higgins has been a really hard watch. Both really struggling.

Allen has been somewhat unlucky but if he played better shots he wouldn't be so unlucky.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12168 on: Yesterday at 05:16:53 pm »
Except a bit of Ronnie and Trump in the first round, feels like the quality is a bit low in most of the rest I’ve watched so far?

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12169 on: Yesterday at 05:46:10 pm »
Watching young 30 year old Lisowski. Why does this guy get so much attention? He’s made some serious gaffes against Bingham but in general I just don’t see the fuss. Nowhere near the talent of a Jimmy White for instance, I don’t get it.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12170 on: Yesterday at 05:50:14 pm »
Watching young 30 year old Lisowski. Why does this guy get so much attention? He’s made some serious gaffes against Bingham but in general I just don’t see the fuss. Nowhere near the talent of a Jimmy White for instance, I don’t get it.

He's very good at potting balls. I'm not convinced he's that great at actual snooker though.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12171 on: Yesterday at 05:53:54 pm »
He's very good at potting balls. I'm not convinced he's that great at actual snooker though.

His safety play/snookering is atrocious. Gets straight down and just hits it with no thought.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12172 on: Yesterday at 06:31:02 pm »
His safety play/snookering is atrocious. Gets straight down and just hits it with no thought.

it was fucking awful today, I'm pretty sure that it's not usually that bad.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #12173 on: Yesterday at 06:40:40 pm »

Probably been discussed on here and elsewhere before but it’s probably because there is a complete lack of new talent in the sport right now that average/good players get talked up into being something special. Trump, Selby, the class of 92 are still the special players, Trump is 37 but since him there hasn’t been anyone special, there’s good players like Allen and I’d probably put an inform Robertson in that first bracket, but it’s been a long time that a genuine special player and star has come on the scene.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12174 on: Yesterday at 06:45:36 pm »
I know Ronnie does it (although he’s actually at least earned the right to), I don’t get why this newer generation of players do so much media work during (hell, even after being knocked out) tournaments. Murphy was always the standout for it, but recent times there’s the likes of Lisowski, Wilson and now Allen doing it. Surely you’d want to just concentrate on your game and then when/if you’re knocked out you’d want to be nowhere near it.
AHA!

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12175 on: Yesterday at 06:47:26 pm »
I know Ronnie does it (although he’s actually at least earned the right to), I don’t get why this newer generation of players do so much media work during (hell, even after being knocked out) tournaments. Murphy was always the standout for it, but recent times there’s the likes of Lisowski, Wilson and now Allen doing it. Surely you’d want to just concentrate on your game and then when/if you’re knocked out you’d want to be nowhere near it.

allen was asked and said he was only going to do comms if he wasn't playing the day after. other than that he's in the city anyway and what else is he going to do?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12176 on: Yesterday at 07:58:12 pm »
Neither Day nor Ronnie are anywhere near their best - really scrappy stuff with lots of unexpected misses. I’d never noticed before just how Day’s technique has major flaws; Murphy pointed out a ‘quirk’ where his thumb isn’t still on the potting stroke. He also has some involuntary head movement on pressure shots.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12177 on: Yesterday at 08:34:31 pm »
Day's managed to lose that mini session 3-1 to a pretty shit version of o'sullivan there

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12178 on: Yesterday at 08:58:47 pm »
Day's managed to lose that mini session 3-1 to a pretty shit version of o'sullivan there

Indeed. Day has loads of talent and experience. Unfortunately, his technique under pressure is as dodgy as his temperament.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12179 on: Yesterday at 09:20:33 pm »
He looks like Ron Dixon

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12180 on: Today at 08:44:38 am »
I know Ronnie does it (although he’s actually at least earned the right to), I don’t get why this newer generation of players do so much media work during (hell, even after being knocked out) tournaments. Murphy was always the standout for it

Murphy got knocked out and was presenting for the BBC about an hour later  ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12181 on: Today at 08:49:09 am »
Murphy got knocked out and was presenting for the BBC about an hour later  ;D

I think he actually lives at the crucible for 17 days each year.