Author Topic: The VR/AR Revolution  (Read 37063 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The VR/AR Revolution
« Reply #40 on: March 7, 2015, 01:01:51 am »
I completely agree mate but the situation Sony find themselves in is very different to what Valve and HTC do. There kinda pigeon-holed in by a few factors, whereas the PC market isn't.

They have to strike a balance between getting the VR product running silky smooth whilst still putting out high quality software to run alongside it.

Lets not kid ourselves either about PC, your gonna need an expensive system to get the most out of that too. What will a heavily modified version of skyrim run like alongside a VR headset?

*that is actually jizz worthy*

But seriously what kind of power will be required to run a really graphically intensive game on PC alongside the Valve VR?
Having locked specs will both prove to be an advantage, yet a disadvantage at the same time in the long run. The main thing for Sony to get right is, as I've said earlier, the screen. It all hinges on that, I think. If they put a good screen in there that is capable of a good IQ and resolution, then people won't have much to worry about if they buy the device a few years into the PS4's cycle with the next console just around the corner; granted, that is, it's backward compatible. If history tells you anything about expensive add-on, it's that they don't do well if they aren't supported properly with the proper software and is future proof. If Sony get's one of these things wrong, then it's DOA. It's that simple. Conversely, the PC has the opposite problem in that some people's rigs might just handle anything they throw at it. The problem with the headsets there is locking their specs down so that they can run at a res as high as possible and still be affordable without the need to release a new model every 5 months down the line like some mobile phones do. That's something Oculus have been very coy about, otherwise they'd have already released a product by now. Don't forget, PC has API's like Mantle and soon DX12. Those will offer massive performance boosts in older titles.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 7, 2015, 01:11:46 am »
Mate, fuck that. I honestly have never gone back to P.T. since my first few experiences with it, because I just can't pluck up the courage - I look at the other games in my library and just start playing them instead, use that as my excuse. I'd only ever consider playing it in the most effective environment, out of respect (complete darkness, surround headphones on), but whenever the time's right I get close to putting it on but then think... ah, nope.

If Silent Hills in VR is anything like that, it'd probably be a case of buy it, play it a bit, then ritually bury it somewhere several miles from your home so it can never get you in your sleep ;D

I'm the opposite. I love being scared playing games, same way some people love really spicy food and others don't. I've not played PT yet, but it does look creepy. I've been playing Resident Evil HD remaster, and seriously, that game still has me on edge almost 20 years after the original. The game is a masterpiece to hold up so well, and it's all down to design, both sonically and visual, something devs seem to have forgotten about these days. Once again, developers will have to think like that by strategically placing enemies, and making clever use of audio to give you the creeps. I can't imagine actually playing a VR version of that game, being actually there in the original Spencer mansion. It has to be made! That's some of the most exciting things about VR: stuff will get made that actually puts you inside your all time fav games.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #42 on: March 7, 2015, 02:39:12 am »
P.T.'s actually the only game that's ever had me like that, which is a testament to how well it's done, especially just for a little promo teaser for an upcoming game. I love the original Resi Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, etc. - I really enjoy the dark atmosphere those classics create, just like I do Dead Space, TLOU and Alien: Isolation more recently. But P.T. starts turning really discomforting as you go further, it gets so fucking tense and foreboding that it can actually become not such a pleasant experience to put yourself through. It's quite rattling, really - the whole tone of it is deeply unsettling and a bit warped.

I would defo highly recommend it, but it of course has to be done at dead of night, with all its sounds up close in your ears from all angles. Both that chilling sound design and the sheer graphical realism probably add an extra freak-factor for me, because the 'videogameyness' of the golden oldies does help provide a certain distance, however well they still ramp up the tension and deliver their scares. It's probably the only game that's ever truly scared me, as in had me so sweaty-palmed and on edge I had to just leave it, and have been wary of returning. It isn't about gore and jump-scares, it just drips with a heavy sense of dread and wrongness. Hard to describe really, but don't spoil it for yourself by watching vids on youtube or whatever; I dived in completely unawares, and got the full impact.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 7, 2015, 05:36:39 am »
P.T.'s actually the only game that's ever had me like that, which is a testament to how well it's done, especially just for a little promo teaser for an upcoming game. I love the original Resi Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, etc. - I really enjoy the dark atmosphere those classics create, just like I do Dead Space, TLOU and Alien: Isolation more recently. But P.T. starts turning really discomforting as you go further, it gets so fucking tense and foreboding that it can actually become not such a pleasant experience to put yourself through. It's quite rattling, really - the whole tone of it is deeply unsettling and a bit warped.

I would defo highly recommend it, but it of course has to be done at dead of night, with all its sounds up close in your ears from all angles. Both that chilling sound design and the sheer graphical realism probably add an extra freak-factor for me, because the 'videogameyness' of the golden oldies does help provide a certain distance, however well they still ramp up the tension and deliver their scares. It's probably the only game that's ever truly scared me, as in had me so sweaty-palmed and on edge I had to just leave it, and have been wary of returning. It isn't about gore and jump-scares, it just drips with a heavy sense of dread and wrongness. Hard to describe really, but don't spoil it for yourself by watching vids on youtube or whatever; I dived in completely unawares, and got the full impact.

It's not even easy to watch someone play it. The sound design in that game is out of this world. I don't think I'd touch it with a barge pole when it comes to VR.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 7, 2015, 10:29:26 am »
I completely agree mate but the situation Sony find themselves in is very different to what Valve and HTC do. There kinda pigeon-holed in by a few factors, whereas the PC market isn't.

They have to strike a balance between getting the VR product running silky smooth whilst still putting out high quality software to run alongside it.

Lets not kid ourselves either about PC, your gonna need an expensive system to get the most out of that too. What will a heavily modified version of skyrim run like alongside a VR headset?

*that is actually jizz worthy*

But seriously what kind of power will be required to run a really graphically intensive game on PC alongside the Valve VR?

Steam VR was running from a single Nvidia 980 if I remember correctly. Sure that's still expensive but for the PC enthusiast market (which is getting bigger every year) , it's not beyond the realms

i expect to upgrade my card next year and whatever it will be will easily run this or a 4k monitor
STFU and agree with me.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #45 on: March 7, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »
All the talk seems to be about gaming applications, whereas I reckon they'll gain more traction in other areas if they're not stupid or selfish enough to lock their headsets into their own hardware. I'd imagine there's many more people that would be willing to adopt it for reasons other than gaming. I could see the appeal of buying one if I could plug it into my PC or mobile device (in the future) and walk around inside google earth before choosing a holiday, for example. Or planning home improvements or whatever. Architects could make great use of it when dealing with clients. If you had a headset now, and there was an app that let you wander around the fully redeveloped Anfield, who wouldn't be right on it? Use as a teaching tool in schools for subjects like history or geography. Imagine learning about the creation of the universe using an Oculus Rift. Probably the sense of wonder I got aged 12 looking at the London Planetarium ceiling, x1000. However, it could also end up like the kinect on the xbox one and jibbed because most people aren't interested in its (deliberately) limited offerings.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 7, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »
Sony might as well develop drivers for the PC for morpheus.

If they don't somebody else will. They did it for kinect before MS released an official version.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 7, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »
Funny that Kinect should be mentioned. The Kinect is seen by many as a failure, but that's just a very linear and short sighted view on it. The Kinect paired with a VR device could potentially be something truly ground breaking. It's already been done, I'm sure. Just like Kinect, if VR doesn't find its feet with mainstream gaming (highly unlikely) then it certainly will find a suitable application for other uses. NASA is already using Hololense, and the thing hasn't even been released yet.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 7, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
kinect might not be a huge success but i'd say a lot of the coding and hardware behind it has probably been licensed out and is used in many other  devices
STFU and agree with me.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
As a concept and piece of tech the kinect was a nice idea. The problem with it, for me, was that it was pretty useless if it's in a small room. Plenty of people have their xbox in a bedroom, or a bedsit, or a cramped city flat nevermind a lounge in an average UK semi, which is still pushing it. Don't know if that's improved with the new gen version. But once microsoft tried to force it on people, people got angry. Not everyone wants to play their games by standing up and waving their limbs around. Or shouting at the telly, I do enough of that watching the game. And Question Time. Some people are unable to do one or both of those things. So it has to be optional, and most people aren't arsed, certainly not enough to pay extra for it when a joypad will do. Because of all that, the games developers never made proper use of it.

As you say though, opening the tech out to other platforms/devices would make it worth it. Although I suspect microsoft would/do only do that to get some money back and because their hand was forced by the PC modding crowd who were going to do it anyway.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 12:32:46 am »
Hololense was showcased again recently. Hard to believe that this thing is actually real.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3AADEqLIALk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3AADEqLIALk</a>

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 7, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »
Occulus will launch Q1 2016

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/oculus-reveals-when-the-consumer-oculus-rift-will-ship

Could they be too late to the table?
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2015, 08:42:23 am »
Pretty sure I'll be craving a good spot of fully-immersed escapism into another world by then. Like people have those odd cravings for stuff like... heroin.  ;)

Reckon I'll check out the general response to both Morpheus and Occulus first, see what compatible titles the PS4 will offer around launch. If it's considered a very good experience at a decent price point, I'll lump for that, if only for the sake of my wallet. If it's a bunch of arse compared to an amazing final Occulus consumer product, and the cost difference is negligible, I'll probably just go mad and toss like 2 grand at a VR-primed computer build. Just under a year to save up the pennies, then. Totally worth it to destroy my social life!  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2015, 12:30:34 pm »

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/oculus-reveals-when-the-consumer-oculus-rift-will-ship

Probably about right that, let the early (no doubt buggy with less content) companies come to market, let the buzz grow some more, then release what will no doubt be a fairly stable and with a decent amount of content to a market which is ready for it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2015, 01:54:36 pm »
Would you play "Slender" with a VR headset?

I wouldn't.  :o
Not a fucking chance.....I can't even play it with headphones on #scaryasfuck
HTC and Valve's sound really impressive
Defo the one I'll be looking at..being a HTC fanboy  8)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2015, 02:10:08 pm »
HTC Fanboy Worldwide Count

STFU and agree with me.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »
HTC Fanboy Worldwide Count

Happy daze! I love being an individual :wave

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2015, 03:43:53 pm »

Not sure about them being too late to the table, but I'm willing to bet that Oculus will be an inferior product. If that turns out to be the case, they're more or less fucked from the outset. They just don't have the brand to carry them like Valve and HTC, or even Sony if they get around to making a proper VR headset and not a gimped one for the PS4. Oculus might have got the ball rolling, but I can see them getting wiped out not too long after the floodgates open as the tech becomes mainstream. Plus the founder is a massive quim!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #58 on: May 8, 2015, 03:57:43 pm »
Oculus already has the superior product at this stage and have a massive community built around the Oculus with tons of feedback to help shape the product.

They may not have a tech brand to carry them but Facebook is a behemoth so I don't feel that factors into it much.

I see the other VR options having a hard time regardless of quality, Sony aside because of the PS4.
:D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 8, 2015, 04:07:48 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 8, 2015, 04:15:30 pm »
You could be right, but I wouldn't be so sure. With something like this, the more impressive the hardware, the more effective it is. Most people don't even know what a VR headset even is yet. No doubt Facebook users will get bombarded with adverts for it, but will they be fussed? I mean, VR comes into its own when it's paired with the gaming community, not the social media one. If the Vive is a superior product, which it is being reported as being, then gamers will flock to it regardless because they value better performance, plus there would be no stigma of Facebook attached to it, and the shite they'll inevitably start bombarding you with. Not only that, but there is another thing that Oculus still hasn't managed to sort out, and that's the fact that it still makes people (not all) who use it feel nauseous after a certain amount of time. If it releases and it still does this, that's a deal breaker. The Vive has reportedly already  came up with a better solution to avoid that.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »
If you're in a VR world and an advert for Facebook pops up......or a staus update of "Look what Twatface is having for dinner"...then the spell is broken and you throw the thing at a wall for having your life invaded through yet another medium.

The fact that it's attached to facebook means I'll never buy one regardless.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 8, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »
If you're in a VR world and an advert for Facebook pops up......or a staus update of "Look what Twatface is having for dinner"...then the spell is broken and you throw the thing at a wall for having your life invaded through yet another medium.

The fact that it's attached to facebook means I'll never buy one regardless.
That's the fear, isn't it? I personally don't think it'll be like that. That would just be suicidal for them if it were the case, although they could tempt you with it not being like that to start with, and then go down that path eventually. Who knows. There's too much uncertainty about it in that regard. We just don't know yet if there will be a mandatory stipulation that you have a working Facebook account in order to make the thing even work.  Another thing that most people are neglecting to talk about is content delivery. One thing Valve knows all about is doing just that with the Steam platform. They practically invented the digital delivery system, and no doubt they'll have their own for VR, either via Steam or a standalone. The content delivery system is what eventually could determine the success of these things.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 8, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
Steam + Steam Workshop + VR = Win

They have it all set up ready to go, just bung in a VR headset and away you go, getting VR mods for existing game would be so easy on steam workship, as simple as hitting "subscribe" and steam does the rest

i think steam will have the vast majority of VR compatible games

my fear with Sony is that console makers always do this, release a periperhal for their machine, big hoo haa at launch, couple of games and then because the install base ends up quite small and they're locked into the ps4 hardware people just stop releasing games for it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #64 on: May 8, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »
Be cool if they're all out by this time next year, so I can make an informed choice then, 'cause they're all gona be expensive (obviously building a PC on top would only be worth it for the best of the best). Another reason why I hope Morpheus is a success is that I couldn't be arsed faffing about for hours with settings, which I expect will be a thing if you want to wring the very best out of VR on PC. I can make do with a less amazing version, as long as it's still boss to experience.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 8, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »
VR support for this, looks good!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID2C0i9TliE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ID2C0i9TliE?fs=1</a>

Offline red-5times-indian

• Main Stander
  • Mario my wayward son....
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2015, 09:17:53 am »
The accessory that could propel the VR industry into a serious business could be something like this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game/

Check this video out. The possibilities are endless

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/476061/video-250488-h264_high.mp4

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 9, 2015, 10:01:54 am »
Now that is really looking like an asshole.
VR headset is also embarassing a bit, but that is just pushing it too far. :)

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »
The Omni is meant to be absolutely awful.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »
Now that is really looking like an asshole.
VR headset is also embarassing a bit, but that is just pushing it too far. :)
I can handle looking like a massive embarrassing twat, I feel I have all the requisite experience and expertise.

If self-respect and street cred are the only sacrifices I need to make to get properly stuck into my games, sign me up Daddio  ;D
The Omni is meant to be absolutely awful.
I can easily see that being the case at the moment. If the motion/pressure sensors on the walking pad can get sophisticated enough to very sensitively track how you want to move, all the subtle degrees between strolling and sprinting, and if the gun controller has some satisfying (perhaps customisable) weight and recoil features, it could be a very interesting experience indeed. But there's no way it'd catch on massively unless it worked damn near perfectly, and even then I reckon most gamers just couldn't be arsed with it - people enjoy 'press X to run' while languidly kicking back on their couch much more than actual running, I'd wager.

Me, I'd happily swap between both depending on my mood and energy levels. I can't think of a better way to keep fit while stuck indoors.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »
Obviously the ultimate aim is the Star Trek Holodeck! Imagine having one of them as a room in your house....you'd never fucking leave again....."just one more go on Angelina" ;D

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »
Obviously the ultimate aim is the Star Trek Holodeck! Imagine having one of them as a room in your house....you'd never fucking leave again....."just one more go on Angelina" ;D
A new character abruptly enters the scene, completely at odds with the sultry surroundings:

Tea's ready, Tom. Come on.

Tom: Aarrgh, not now mum!!

I've just thought of a not-so-obvious game which, with a spot of adapting here and there, could be utterly amazing in VR right now: Theme Park.

You build your rides in a sort of Minecraft-ish way, either very hands-on or just watch it all coming together from up close as your workman build them, and then you experience your park as a paying customer. Bloody hell, I want to play that this instant!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2015, 02:15:11 pm »
Seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqVxC6JWIM
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2015, 06:48:00 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2015, 03:15:51 am »
We are already at the point now where machines can read our brain signals and correlate that to commands (move left, right etc.). This is being used in the medical field for people with paralysis etc. Though it's quite basic right now.

I don't believe I make an outrageous point to suggest we'll see Matrix-like virtual reality within the next 30 years.

And I for one welcome our new VR overloads.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:39:14 am by Kashinoda »

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 03:55:33 am »
Until we plug shit directly into our brain stems, I reckon there's a burgeoning market out there for any budding entrepreneurs to exploit, in providing daft little devices to build on the sense of physical, visceral immersion.

The great selling point of VR is that it puts you there, these created worlds stretch out ahead of you in all-pervading three dimensional space, your very surroundings become the 'stage', in more than the usual gaming sense. No more looking into that window, now we step through the screen. But we still won't feel the sun and rain and wind on our faces, we still won't quite feel 'there'.

Haptic feedback will be the next immediate field of exploration within VR. Something as simple and silly as a fan which starts blowing at you stronger, depending on the game environment and motion events, would instantly augment the sensation of speed and being 'out in the world'. Your brain will fill loads of other stuff in on its own; people already get a weird feeling in the pits of their stomachs on stuff like VR rolleroasters, just sat in their completely static chair. They get all dizzy and unbalanced, despite (or perhaps because?) their inner-ear fluids are telling them they aren't actually loop-de-looping and twisting about all over the shop. Tiny little tactile nudges in a certain direction will feel far more significant while you're 'in'.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2015, 04:01:47 am »
rolleroasters
lolz

I love typos which conjure up dodgy images

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 12:32:01 am »
Occulus 2160x1200 resolution confirmed for retail unit

https://www.oculus.com/blog/powering-the-rift/
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 6, 2016, 07:05:26 pm »
So, Oculus has just confirmed a release date and price.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/oculus-rift-pre-orders-now-open-first-shipments-march-28/

$600 for the pre order in the States. That'll roughly kick down to about 400 quid/Euro or there abouts in the UK and Europe.

A little more expensive than I thought, but then again, it's an early adapter cost, which is a common thing for new technology. Remember when a 40" 1080 TV cost a grand?

Personally I'll wait and see what HTC is doing with the Vive. By all accounts it pisses on the Rift, and they are said to be revealing a big " technological breakthrough" with a new iteration next month, whatever that is.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 6, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
It's £499 with £30 postage, so £529

i remember when a 40" 1080p cost over five grand :)
STFU and agree with me.