Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607498 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: XBMC
« Reply #240 on: October 6, 2014, 10:54:55 am »
You're probably in a country where The Pirate Bay, or any of the other sources, is banned by your ISP.

Go into the add-on settings and scroll down to the list of proxies. Scour the internet for one that works and replace the one currently in there. I find that http://pirateproxy.bz works at the moment. If it is taken down you'll have to relace it with another one.

Oh, and untick the box that says "Use Immunicity" as it has been taken down now and is useless.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2014, 10:59:37 am by .adam »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #241 on: October 6, 2014, 11:24:05 am »
I have a vpn I can use will try that mate. Thanks.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #242 on: October 6, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »
Keep getting errors after installing istream, Says script failed

Reckon it's because it's not compatible with the new kodi version?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #243 on: October 6, 2014, 11:27:08 pm »
I dont know if this will help or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhVeBvJf_X4
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: October 8, 2014, 07:42:31 am »
Keep getting errors after installing istream, Says script failed

Reckon it's because it's not compatible with the new kodi version?

Kodi is not ready for full use yet, still in development, I would go back to Gotham 13.2 until Kodi becomes a beta. I had Kodi and it was not stable, 13.2 is stable. Hope this helps you Liam G
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: October 8, 2014, 08:19:52 am »
Guys I have a question. At home when I use this to watch the 3pm games I tend to use sports devil and then will usually find a stream from wiziwig. When I get into the streams I find there are different options with varying bitrates. I find I can only access the flash based ones that are around 200kbps so as you can imagine the resulting picture is a bit poor.

Most of the good ones seem to use add ons such as sop cast. For these add ons where do I download the plugin? It seems there are so many good quality streams out there but I can't access most of them.

Btw I have bt infinity so bandwidth is not a problem.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: October 8, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »
Best use simple client PVR live TV. You get most sports channels in that one. To load it up just go to YouTube and follow vdubt25 he will give you a step by step guide to setting it up [emoji57]
« Last Edit: October 8, 2014, 06:00:41 pm by Liveforthereds67 »
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 8, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »
Use the above advice but also have a look at the video for setting up p2p. You will get some great HD streams.
If you are using a Raspberry Pi you will need to buy the extra codecs for it to work though.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: October 8, 2014, 07:18:01 pm »
Thanks cloggypop will look into p2p
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #249 on: October 8, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »
I have just been getting an Mx Android box,when I go into xbmc,then into the add ons,it lets me go into most menus,then,when I select a movie or any other item all I get is a script error message.Im running it through a netgear router on Aol internet.Any suggestions guys to sort this out??

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:10 pm »
Guys I have a question. At home when I use this to watch the 3pm games I tend to use sports devil and then will usually find a stream from wiziwig. When I get into the streams I find there are different options with varying bitrates. I find I can only access the flash based ones that are around 200kbps so as you can imagine the resulting picture is a bit poor.

Most of the good ones seem to use add ons such as sop cast. For these add ons where do I download the plugin? It seems there are so many good quality streams out there but I can't access most of them.

Btw I have bt infinity so bandwidth is not a problem.

If you're using XBMC for the football then imo you only need two addons. Navi-x and iptv simple pvr client.
Only ever use those two and i have yet be be let down.Always a HD stream or three available.
The latter in particular is amazing when set up with the right m3u list. Currently using a list with over 1500 live tv channels from all over the world.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:05 pm »
After some advice - a mate recommended I get the Raspberry Pi kit which I did.

I've followed the instructions to set it up but cannot get the remote (Rii Mini) to sync with the device so I can actually do anything.  I am just stuck on the home screen with "music" the first app.  I can't even select that as the remote does nothing!!!

I can't move it or do anything to sync it.  Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong please?

Cheers

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2014, 10:10:57 pm »
I don't know anything about that remote as I have never used it. Your TV remote probably works with it though (   http://m.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Remote-For-Free/) and if you have an android phone use yatse from the app store. It is free and works great.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »

If you're using XBMC for the football then imo you only need two addons. Navi-x and iptv simple pvr client.
Only ever use those two and i have yet be be let down.Always a HD stream or three available.
The latter in particular is amazing when set up with the right m3u list. Currently using a list with over 1500 live tv channels from all over the world.

You fancy sharing your m3u list mate? My current list is decent but only has a few hundred channels and the footy ones aren't very good quality. Is it free or paid?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2014, 10:37:04 pm »
You fancy sharing your m3u list mate? My current list is decent but only has a few hundred channels and the footy ones aren't very good quality. Is it free or paid?

just pm'd you mate.
theres a link to it on youtube but wasnt sure if im allowed to post youtube links so just pm'd you the urls for the lists
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:39:39 pm by marcus-g »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2014, 10:41:24 pm »
just pm'd you mate.
theres a link to it on youtube but wasnt sure if im allowed to post youtube links so just pm'd you the urls for the lists
Can I give it a go as well? I am using the vdubt25 link at the moment which is great but good to see what else there is.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2014, 10:44:15 pm »
Can I give it a go as well? I am using the vdubt25 link at the moment which is great but good to see what else there is.

pm sent mate

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:08 am »
can i have it too? lol

Offline ashyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #258 on: October 11, 2014, 03:38:55 pm »
Can I get one also thanks

Offline ashyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2014, 04:38:53 pm »
Thanks for the pm, links are working perfect for my xbmc on my ipad :)
Does anyone know of a good site that lists what channels the football is on

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2014, 04:50:39 pm »
Thanks for the pm, links are working perfect for my xbmc on my ipad :)
Does anyone know of a good site that lists what channels the football is on
liveonsat.com

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2014, 07:01:19 pm »
liveonsat.com

Nice one mate exactly what I was looking for

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2014, 11:16:22 pm »
Looking to get an Android box so I can watch streams/films on my telly downstairs, but I don't really know what specs/features to look out for. I can pick this up for around £65, thoughts? http://www.amazon.co.uk/DroidBOX-X7-RK3188-Android-4-2-2/dp/B00FLXEF9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413324933&sr=8-1&keywords=droidbox+x7

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2014, 11:23:44 pm »
I would get a Raspberry Pi instead myself if you just want to run XBMC. It is more stable than an Android set up. It is a bit cheaper as well. It may seem easier to buy an all in one system and just plug it in but at some point it will probably need to upgrade or need something else done to it. You also will not use the hundreds of plugins it will come with. Might as well set it up right at the start. It does not take long at all.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »
I would get a Raspberry Pi instead myself if you just want to run XBMC. It is more stable than an Android set up. It is a bit cheaper as well. It may seem easier to buy an all in one system and just plug it in but at some point it will probably need to upgrade or need something else done to it. You also will not use the hundreds of plugins it will come with. Might as well set it up right at the start. It does not take long at all.
Honestly I wouldn't know how so getting one already all set up suits me. Is that box any good? I get 2 year's warranty with it as well and I'd be able to send it back to get upgraded firmware etc.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2014, 11:32:38 pm »
XBMCHub now known as tvaddons have a new android app on Google play that sets it all up for you. Costs a dollar or free off their website.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2014, 09:09:15 am »

Hi Marcus could I have the link as well please. I too use Vdubt25's list but would be great to have more. Best thing on XBMC/Kodi

Thanks  :)
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 11:09:03 am »
Thanks for the PM Marcus will give that ago when I get home  :)
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2014, 01:58:50 pm »
So anybody who has the android mx box how smooth does xbmc run in it?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2014, 04:40:52 pm »
I have narrowed my search for an XMBC player down to Fire tv, minix neo x8, and the little black box v2. The fire tv is the most powerful but has to be rooted as far as I can tell so I'm not sure I can be arsed messing around with it for ages to get everything right. The minix sounds good but would be the most expensive from where I'm buying. From what people are saying here and elsewhere XBMC runs best on linux which brings me to the least powerful and cheapest, tlbb v2.

Decisions, decisions..

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #270 on: October 19, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »
I have narrowed my search for an XMBC player down to Fire tv, minix neo x8, and the little black box v2. The fire tv is the most powerful but has to be rooted as far as I can tell so I'm not sure I can be arsed messing around with it for ages to get everything right. The minix sounds good but would be the most expensive from where I'm buying. From what people are saying here and elsewhere XBMC runs best on linux which brings me to the least powerful and cheapest, tlbb v2.

Decisions, decisions..

I don't think you need to root the Fire TV, just use ADB to send the files over, which is pretty straight forward, though it does sound like there are some good benefits to rooting it, like the Fire TV being able to sleep with XBMC open, and using XBMC as your default launcher.

I've ordered one for my Dad, was only £49 with Amazon Prime which seems like a steal to me. It should be here next Thursday/Friday so I'll let you know how easy the install is then if you like?

I'm familiar with ADB though as I've rooted every Android phone I've had, so my experience might not necessarily be the same as yours.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:56:39 pm by JasonF »

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
I don't think you need to root the Fire TV, just use ADB to send the files over, which is pretty straight forward, though it does sound like there are some good benefits to rooting it, like the Fire TV being able to sleep with XBMC open, and using XBMC as your default launcher.

I've ordered one for my Dad, was only £49 with Amazon Prime which seems like a steal to me. It should be here next Thursday/Friday so I'll let you know how easy the install is then if you like?

I'm familiar with ADB though as I've rooted every Android phone I've had, so my experience might not necessarily be the same as yours.
That would be great.

Do you think I could get it for that price if I started the 30 day trial for prime? For that price I think I'd have to go with the Fire.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2014, 05:05:59 pm »
I'm not 100% sure that prime deal is still going. If you have a trial though, give it a try, it mentioned the price minus the discount before I submitted my order so you can see it and make sure it's not £79.

This seems to suggest it'd go through at £49, if the offer is still going.

Edit: offer ended 8th September, sorry :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&docId=1000825063&linkCode=ur2&tag=futurepublish_trd_deals-21
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:08:06 pm by JasonF »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2014, 05:15:36 pm »

Decisions, decisions..

The fire will have considerably more support available online too.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »
I'm not 100% sure that prime deal is still going. If you have a trial though, give it a try, it mentioned the price minus the discount before I submitted my order so you can see it and make sure it's not £79.

This seems to suggest it'd go through at £49, if the offer is still going.

Edit: offer ended 8th September, sorry :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&docId=1000825063&linkCode=ur2&tag=futurepublish_trd_deals-21
Ah, cheers anyway.
The fire will have considerably more support available online too.
Is it true they could bring out an update that could get rid of xbmc? I also read that the newer ones can't be rooted yet?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
just pm'd you mate.

Can I get a link as well please from anyone above who has it?
JFT97

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »
Hey guys - I'm thinking of getting one of these tv boxes, primarily for streaming live sports (I already have an Apple TV 3 so I guess I just need it for xbmc). I'm a complete beginner with this & there are so many boxes out there with different operating systems & firmware etc. that I'm finding it a confusing minefield!

Can anyone recommend one that would suit my needs & would be easy to set up etc.? Sub £80 would be preferable.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:48:19 pm by IgorBobbins »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2014, 06:59:58 am »
Could I have the link as well?
Pretty please..

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:00 am »
Hey guys - I'm thinking of getting one of these tv boxes, primarily for streaming live sports (I already have an Apple TV 3 so I guess I just need it for xbmc). I'm a complete beginner with this & there are so many boxes out there with different operating systems & firmware etc. that I'm finding it a confusing minefield!

Can anyone recommend one that would suit my needs & would be easy to set up etc.? Sub £80 would be preferable.

Cheers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-100035-Starter-Kit/dp/B00ALW7WWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413795382&sr=8-1&keywords=raspberry+pi+kit

You'll just need a HDMI cable on top of this. Dead easy to do and a great bit of kit.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:45 pm »
You would need a USB 3.0 stick to go with that Raspberry Pi starter kit as well. It is much faster with one.
I would look on Farnell also as it may well be cheaper than Amazon.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:10:02 pm by cloggypop »