Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2567271 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43040 on: February 29, 2024, 08:58:37 am »
The phrase ignorance is bliss perfectly describes fuckwits. Some people just dont give a shit and have no perception of other people. They dont care and dont know they dont care.

I think most know very well what they're doing.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43041 on: February 29, 2024, 09:32:58 am »
Had my first psychology appointment yesterday. Went really well and I was feeling much better after it. Then got down to the bike rack at the front of the hospital and found someone had nicked all the lights off my bike. Like who does that?!? At a hospital you can be pretty sure a bike is owned by either a patient or a nhs worker.
There are some horrible little parasites knocking about. I remember when I had an appointment at Walton Hospital one morning. I drive into the car park and see puddles of glass everywhere. Cars had side windows put through and contents of glove compartments were strewn on the floor. As you say, they know full well that the cars belong to sick people going to appointments or hospital staff / emergency workers.  :no

All the best with those appointments. I hope they help make a positive difference to your life.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43042 on: February 29, 2024, 02:00:45 pm »
Had my first psychology appointment yesterday. Went really well and I was feeling much better after it. Then got down to the bike rack at the front of the hospital and found someone had nicked all the lights off my bike. Like who does that?!? At a hospital you can be pretty sure a bike is owned by either a patient or a nhs worker.

Goodluck with the appointments

Probably kids looking for kicks.

When I first moved to Glasgow I moved in with a mate who lived in a first floor flat. I had two wheelchairs one sat the bottom which I would use for going out and one at the top of the stairs used for inside the flat.
I would either bum up or slide down the stairs. Worked fine until the one at the bottom got nicked. 
We found it abandoned in a park a few weeks later.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43043 on: February 29, 2024, 02:45:48 pm »

Some horrible c*nts out there.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43044 on: February 29, 2024, 03:11:04 pm »
got some stuff for the dog on subscribe & save on amazon and one item is repeatedly failing and it's fucking natwest making it fail and there is fuck all I can seemingly do, it won't go through app approval and I hate them.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43045 on: February 29, 2024, 07:47:16 pm »
Went out & about today & state of the roads in Liverpool are dreadful, not just side roads, but main roads like Speke Road/Aigburth Road [even Garston By-Pass] have potholes everywhere [the road to/from the Airport is like going through a minefield of potholes too] & it's been like that for the last dozen years too, London Road & the A57 out to Prescot is just as bad too.
#Sausages

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43046 on: March 1, 2024, 07:06:33 am »
ads for airlines are a disgrace.  they show the front section of the plane only, everyone sitting with oodles of room, served a lovely meal while watching a huge tv screen.

the execs of all airlines should be forced to travel on their flights -- economy, long haul, once a month.  with none of the air crew knowing who they are.  no passes to get through security, no airline lounge access to relax/stuff you face in, nothing.

see what it's like for 99% of your passengers you bastards.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #43047 on: March 1, 2024, 07:46:45 am »
Went out & about today & state of the roads in Liverpool are dreadful, not just side roads, but main roads like Speke Road/Aigburth Road [even Garston By-Pass] have potholes everywhere [the road to/from the Airport is like going through a minefield of potholes too] & it's been like that for the last dozen years too, London Road & the A57 out to Prescot is just as bad too.
I drove down to Aberystwyth recently, went via Chester, Wrexham, Oswestry, Newtown, then across to Aberystwyth. It was really noticeable how, when you got into Wales, the roads were perfect. There wasn’t a single pothole. The tarmac was so smooth you could’ve balanced a full tray of wine glasses in one hand and steered with the other (not sure why you would but you get my point). I know there’s far less traffic, but I just thought how can the Welsh do it so well, but we have to constantly scan the road surface ahead to avoid replacing our suspension and tyres every week. I’d recommend a trip to Aberystwyth for the journey there alone. It’s a nice reminder of what roads used to be like! Get the Welsh roads gangs on the case in England. Give em all the bara brith they can eat :D

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #43048 on: March 1, 2024, 08:41:11 am »

Not just your area...here is Southend the roads are fucking awful. The main arterial road was so bad drivers were doing 40/50 MPH and swerving dangerously into the overtake lane without warning to avoid them.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43049 on: March 1, 2024, 08:55:23 am »
The amount of genuninely stupid people not only in this country but everywhere

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43050 on: March 1, 2024, 09:02:36 am »
I drove down to Aberystwyth recently, went via Chester, Wrexham, Oswestry, Newtown, then across to Aberystwyth. It was really noticeable how, when you got into Wales, the roads were perfect. There wasn’t a single pothole. The tarmac was so smooth you could’ve balanced a full tray of wine glasses in one hand and steered with the other (not sure why you would but you get my point). I know there’s far less traffic, but I just thought how can the Welsh do it so well, but we have to constantly scan the road surface ahead to avoid replacing our suspension and tyres every week. I’d recommend a trip to Aberystwyth for the journey there alone. It’s a nice reminder of what roads used to be like! Get the Welsh roads gangs on the case in England. Give em all the bara brith they can eat :D

It shocks me now whenever I leave Wales how bad the roads are elsewhere.  It's particularly bad round Barnsley but even the M62 was bad last time I drove home that way.

We live at the end of an untarmacked farm track that has less potholes than some roads 😳

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43051 on: March 1, 2024, 01:05:42 pm »
It shocks me now whenever I leave Wales how bad the roads are elsewhere.  It's particularly bad round Barnsley but even the M62 was bad last time I drove home that way.

We live at the end of an untarmacked farm track that has less potholes than some roads 😳

"untarmacked farm track," nice turn of phrase, Debs... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43052 on: March 1, 2024, 01:33:43 pm »

It's because you're only allowed to drive at walking pace there
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43053 on: March 1, 2024, 03:50:31 pm »

It's because you're only allowed to drive at walking pace there
;D hehe.

Although surprisingly the reality was that the 20mph thing barely made the journey longer at all. I think we went through about three 20 zones, lasting about a couple of minutes in total.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43054 on: March 1, 2024, 03:59:14 pm »
;D hehe.

Although surprisingly the reality was that the 20mph thing barely made the journey longer at all. I think we went through about three 20 zones, lasting about a couple of minutes in total.

Go to Southport, it'll drive you nuts, 20mph everywhere and no-one about :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #43055 on: March 1, 2024, 04:16:13 pm »

Try visiting South Wales, the roads down here are shocking!

They're only as good as they are in Mid/West/North Wales because no fucker lives there!  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43056 on: March 1, 2024, 04:38:02 pm »
The quality of products on Amazon. This week I ordered a set of iphone cables, but none worked and I got a returnless refund, so I ordered from another supplier and none of them work either! You can't even trust the high review ratings these days. I think I'm going to cancel my Prime sub. It seems the more reliant we get on these tech companies, and the more high street shops close down, the worse they get. Once the high street is dead, it'll be a full on car boot sale online.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43057 on: March 1, 2024, 04:44:14 pm »
The quality of products on Amazon. This week I ordered a set of iphone cables, but none worked and I got a returnless refund, so I ordered from another supplier and none of them work either! You can't even trust the high review ratings these days. I think I'm going to cancel my Prime sub. It seems the more reliant we get on these tech companies, and the more high street shops close down, the worse they get. Once the high street is dead, it'll be a full on car boot sale online.

Ive had exact same problem, so I ordered a charging pad, theyre great
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43058 on: March 1, 2024, 04:48:19 pm »
Iphone cables are generally extremely shit quality unless you want to pay £26 for a genuine one, and even that'll end up breaking down in a few months. So glad Apple were forced into USB-C.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43059 on: March 1, 2024, 04:52:12 pm »
They're only as good as they are in Mid/West/North Wales because no fucker lives there!  ;D

In the north, there's pockets of Everton fans

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #43060 on: March 1, 2024, 05:24:15 pm »
There's pond life everywhere myfriend.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43061 on: March 2, 2024, 12:06:13 pm »
Not such a small thing really this, but reading in the news this morning about two Ryanair flights from Edinburgh to Tenerife on separate days but in quick succession, both disrupted by anti-social behaviour. Drunken pricks shouting and fighting and throwing bottles. Both flights diverted to Porto and arrests were made. They’ll probably be sent home without charge (I hope I’m wrong on that) or maybe a fine and a slap on the wrists. I’m sorry if I sound like some authoritarian, but honestly where others peoples’ safety is put at risk like this, I’d like to see them given fixed length prison sentences. Not suspended either, sorry but you act up on a flight and you’re doing time. Would soon stop it happening.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43062 on: March 2, 2024, 12:17:26 pm »
Not such a small thing really this, but reading in the news this morning about two Ryanair flights from Edinburgh to Tenerife on separate days but in quick succession, both disrupted by anti-social behaviour. Drunken pricks shouting and fighting and throwing bottles. Both flights diverted to Porto and arrests were made. They’ll probably be sent home without charge (I hope I’m wrong on that) or maybe a fine and a slap on the wrists. I’m sorry if I sound like some authoritarian, but honestly where others peoples’ safety is put at risk like this, I’d like to see them given fixed length prison sentences. Not suspended either, sorry but you act up on a flight and you’re doing time. Would soon stop it happening.

I think cases where a flight has to be diverted because of incidents like this, the perpetrators should face a spell in the local jail [at the place where they were thrown off the flight], followed by the person having to find their own way home.

A lot of this is because of having to check in at the airports well before the flight departure, gives passengers the opportunity to get rotten drunk in the bars at the airport after they've checked in, then they buy more alcohol on the flight too.
#Sausages

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43063 on: March 2, 2024, 12:18:25 pm »

Just give them a life ban on all flights on all airlines. Going to be great being stuck in your home country while all your family and mates are jetting o'seas on the yearly holidays.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43064 on: March 2, 2024, 12:19:44 pm »
Just give them a life ban on all flights on all airlines. Going to be great being stuck in your home country while all your family and mates are jetting o'seas on the yearly holidays.
That as well as a jail term.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43065 on: March 2, 2024, 12:25:16 pm »
I think cases where a flight has to be diverted because of incidents like this, the perpetrators should face a spell in the local jail [at the place where they were thrown off the flight], followed by the person having to find their own way home.

A lot of this is because of having to check in at the airports well before the flight departure, gives passengers the opportunity to get rotten drunk in the bars at the airport after they've checked in, then they buy more alcohol on the flight too.
True. Needs to be some way of mitigating that risk, but aside from dry departure lounges (which won’t happen), I can’t see how it could work.

I like the idea of a jail term in the country the plane diverts to. But really they shouldn’t have to clean up our mess.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43066 on: March 2, 2024, 03:09:08 pm »
Ive had exact same problem, so I ordered a charging pad, theyre great

Yeah, I'm getting one of those instead. I'm using one of my wireless powerbanks atm.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43067 on: March 2, 2024, 05:49:49 pm »

You're arrested as soon as the flight lands and the Portuguese don't take shit from anyone, you can get up to 5 years in prison and the airline can come after you for the costs of the diversion, this can range from £10k to £80k. You'll also be banned by the airline
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43068 on: March 3, 2024, 04:58:30 pm »

The road to the airport has been like that for years. I remember cycling along there during lockdown, with the airport closed, thinking that they surely must take that opportunity to fix the holes. But nope.

(They actually did fix the odd pot hole on there last summer. Weirdly they didn't do all of them, just two or three. Don't the pothole fixing people see that there's more?)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43069 on: March 3, 2024, 05:21:36 pm »
How did we draw with this lot, theyre gash

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43070 on: March 3, 2024, 06:35:11 pm »
How did we draw with this lot, theyre gash

Thats the nature of footy, otherwise we'd get 115 pts every season.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #43071 on: March 3, 2024, 09:03:59 pm »
Thats the nature of footy, otherwise we'd get 115 pts every season.
Without the 115 charges.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43072 on: March 4, 2024, 08:08:23 am »
Got in from work last night at about 9.30 and weirdly it looked like dawn was breaking on the horizon but didn't take a picture. 

Find out this morning it was a glorious Northern Lights visible from all of North Wales and Anglesey 😟

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43073 on: March 4, 2024, 09:57:19 am »
Been without hot water since the boiler threw up an error code on Sunday morning.  Tried to get someone in through Checkatrade but understandably didn't get any bites on a Sunday.

At least the dishwasher doesn't need the boiler to run.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43074 on: March 4, 2024, 10:15:06 am »
Microsoft has released an update of teams and its fucked it up and looks shite
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43075 on: March 4, 2024, 10:15:29 am »
Been without hot water since the boiler threw up an error code on Sunday morning.  Tried to get someone in through Checkatrade but understandably didn't get any bites on a Sunday.

At least the dishwasher doesn't need the boiler to run.

Awkward to fit in when you want a shower though.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43076 on: March 4, 2024, 10:17:55 am »

Cauasin gall sorts of problems for us at my work. The whole point of this "New" Teams was that it had supposedly been rewritten to address the fact it was slow and a resource hog. It's even worse.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43077 on: March 4, 2024, 10:22:58 am »
Cauasin gall sorts of problems for us at my work. The whole point of this "New" Teams was that it had supposedly been rewritten to address the fact it was slow and a resource hog. It's even worse.

The look is awful, pure white and cannot find a dark mode, its lost some groups I was a part of. Not good if its heavier on resources than the old version as well. shite

Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43078 on: March 4, 2024, 10:24:28 am »

My Teams tried to switch on me and I shut that shit down and reverted to the classic version.  You might still have it as an option too?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43079 on: March 4, 2024, 10:26:26 am »
My Teams tried to switch on me and I shut that shit down and reverted to the classic version.  You might still have it as an option too?

It's getting enforced this month and already is for some people.