Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 72785 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
« on: April 6, 2021, 07:01:15 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Not seen a thread and as it is tomorrow night will start one off. We do know Felix Brych is the referee. Good start there!
We know Ramos and Hazard are out for them and possibly a couple of others. They beat Eibar 2-0 at the weekend with Benzema scoring again.
They have, so I heard on TAW, lost 7 of their last 10 CL matches when they don’t have Ramos. This alone made me go for an LFC away win in my acca.
Over the last two seasons I used to use the analogy of a boa constrictor in the way we played, squeezing the other team to death, penning them in their own half, dominating and winning. I saw the snake again on Saturday away at Arsenal and it is a combination of the press8 g of the front three and Fabinho around the half way line with busy other midfielders and high full backs completing the suffocation.
If we can impose ourselves on them this will be a massive achievement with their ageing but technically excellent midfielders.
Salah will be up for this, Gini has been kept back for it and will be firing. Key questions are who has the third midfield slot and who of the front three start.
My guess is Keita in midfield and Bobby to start with Mo and Jota with Mane the one to provide impact from the bench.
Thoughts?
A narrow away win for me and Salah on the scoresheet is my prediction.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:54:42 am by John C »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: CL: Real Madrid vs Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2021, 07:57:27 pm »
Two teams are out, reminder Keita, Jota and Gini have been brought in today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2021, 08:00:48 pm »
Real Madrid kick off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2021, 08:02:48 pm »
1 Getting plenty early possession from kick off, Trent over hits a shot across field which enables Real Madrid to go on their first attack, but the shot is wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2021, 08:04:17 pm »
3 A lot of our attacking play so far going down the left, Robbo has been on a couple of runs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 6, 2021, 08:05:02 pm »
There was a moment then when Jota was free in the middle of their back two .... must have had 15 yards either side....

No one spotted him, but that’s something to look for
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2021, 08:05:50 pm »
4 Keita a bit slow getting to the ball, Kabak puts out for a RM corner, but Phillips heads it away, then its offside.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2021, 08:07:37 pm »
6 RM getting a bit of possession in our area they are pushing high up and trying to pressure Fab.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2021, 08:09:25 pm »
8 Trying to get our passing game going at the moment, Mane working really hard at closing down, but we've not really created anything yet.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2021, 08:11:10 pm »
9 Salah almost created a chance there when he managed to get a loose ball went on a run but they just about manage to get hold of the ball.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2021, 08:11:57 pm »
9 Salah almost created a chance there when he managed to get a loose ball went on a run but they just about manage to get hold of the ball.
Great cover by Mendy.  If he hadn’t read that they were stuffed
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2021, 08:12:19 pm »
10 Benzema trying to cause issues but Kabak does well there and kicks the ball out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2021, 08:13:35 pm »
11 There was a check for a penalty for RM, but they decide no, think Modric made the most of it, Gini stopped before he challenged him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2021, 08:14:49 pm »
13 A good move from the Reds between Trent, Salah and Keita, but Trent slightly overhits the cross and the goalie collects.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2021, 08:16:06 pm »
15 Not been many chances, RM have probably shaded but we are showing signs of coming into it.

Over to Tepid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2021, 08:17:39 pm »
16 the better of the half for Madrid so far...

But then an absolute pearled of a cross by TAA.  Dealt with well, but a hideous one to deal with
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2021, 08:18:14 pm »
That cross was mesmirising, such a shame we couldn't get on the end of it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2021, 08:18:51 pm »
17 nice ball down the edge of the area by Madrid.  Kabak deals with it so so well. Stays on his feet, keeps calm.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2021, 08:19:58 pm »
We really haven't got the midfield going yet, Keita has hardly been involved so far.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2021, 08:20:52 pm »
20 Mane is the one dropping deep so far, making up the numbers in midfield where they have an advantage

Another TAA cross into the box, but Mane can’t quite bring it under control.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2021, 08:22:38 pm »
22 a bit of keep ball from the reds, a lovely dribble from Naby, can’t quite find a way past the last man.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2021, 08:25:52 pm »
24 the reds growing into this one.  It’s an odd game though, in an odd ground...

And a mistake by TAA and Madrid are away, Benzema is last man up against Kabak.  Who clears up like VVD. Superb.

Madrid corner is cleared 
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2021, 08:26:33 pm »
Kabak has been so impressive we really need to keep the ball better though.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2021, 08:26:57 pm »
Well, proper CL game this - tight and tactical

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 6, 2021, 08:27:25 pm »
Well, that was coming.  ::)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 6, 2021, 08:27:45 pm »
27 1-0

Long ball form Kross over the top and Vicunius is away and sticks it past Alisson

Bugger
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 6, 2021, 08:27:53 pm »
Bollocks

That was shite

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Real Madrid 1 vs 0 Liverpool ‘27 Vicunius
« Reply #28 on: April 6, 2021, 08:29:12 pm »
Hey.. I brought a goal for once!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 6, 2021, 08:29:54 pm »
I was kinda hoping it would be for us though.  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 6, 2021, 08:30:33 pm »
29 Mane takes a touch and leaves the Madrid midfield for dead.

But his cross is into Courtois arms

Corner to the reds after good work by Mo.

Free kick given.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 6, 2021, 08:31:06 pm »
Over to Sir Bob
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 6, 2021, 08:32:38 pm »
We really need to look after the ball better, we're giving them chances every time we lose possession. I suspect it won't be long before Thiago is on.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #33 on: April 6, 2021, 08:32:49 pm »
31 Benzema down under a challenge from Kabak, no penalty given. Then Keita gets pole axed on the edge of the box. No free kick. Then Real break and Viniscus has a shot deflected wide by Nat.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 6, 2021, 08:33:35 pm »
We're being blitzed at the back

Long balls being pumped in at will.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35 on: April 6, 2021, 08:33:40 pm »
32 Nat heads the resulting corner clear and Ascensio smashes wildly over the top.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 6, 2021, 08:35:38 pm »
Keita there to dribble past people.  But he’s not getting the ball high enough up the pitch.  None of the forwards are either

W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 6, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »
OMG.  :(

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 6, 2021, 08:37:01 pm »
What's Trent doing?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: April 6, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »
36 2-0 Ascensio. Shambles really. Ball over the top and Trent heads it straight into his path. Over Alisson and in.