Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Yorky, do you consider Taylor's persuading Titsley to act injured and his summoning of the physios, to be a corrupt act, using the dictionary definition of corruption as "dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power", usually but not necessarily involving bribery?

Actually, let-let-let, let me rephrase that. Erm, can I... No, actually I'll just repeat the question. Yorky, do you consider Taylor's persuading Titsley to act injured and his summoning of the physios, to be a corrupt act, using the dictionary definition of corruption as "dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power", usually but not necessarily involving bribery?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 01:33:50 pm »
Goal
Amario Cozier-Duberry 28'

Liverpool 0 arsenal 2
Surely PGMOL won’t have any problem releasing the audio. Right? Right?
Taylor to the keeper - "I fucked up, pretend you're injured"
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 01:32:42 pm »
Goal
Amario Cozier-Duberry 26'

Liverpool 0 arsenal 1
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Jon2lfc on Today at 01:31:30 pm »
The lad needs to be put on the wing and he'd be great.
Leave the centre forward position to others.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 01:29:44 pm »

Walking In Memphis - Cher
Memphis Soul Stew - King Curtis
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Jon2lfc on Today at 01:29:19 pm »
We bottled it similar to what happened to Arsenal last year. Arsenal will bottle it this year as well when they lose to spurs. It’s citehs again this season.
Don't know if it's an age thing or if 'bottled' has changed definition over the years.

But when we were young, if someone was 'bottling' it it meant that they were ducking out in a cowardly fashion. Or in other words, scared to do something due to the other parties perceived dominance.

This word cannot be applied to LFC. Certainly not under Klopp. And certainly not in our current malaise.

We haven't bottled anything. We've just been low on confidence; fatigued; a bit lazy; out of sorts, etc.

Probably THE only thing we've bottled that I've seen, is bottling out of 50/50 tackles like we did with Everton the other day.
But that's it.

Low confidence is not directly equal to 'bottling'.
So we are currently living in a despotic regime ruled by Manchester City? That’s the crux of it? Verbal delict is in effect. Speak against the ruler and suffer the consequences, plebs should shut up and take it.

I doubt Tebas would give two fucks about them, but they will soon start chasing journalists. It really is the end game for football.

This is the issue with a lot of the discourse surrounding this (and many other) conversations about football.

Obviously there’s far more to Nunez’s game than being someone who ‘can’t hit a barn door’ and obviously Jota isn’t some super reliable Benzema esque marksman who rarely ever misses. People will try and make those sorts of arguments, usually because they don’t understand, or want to engage with the wider conversation.

What I will say, and this is purely anecdotal, is that when that ball was played across the goal to Nunez and the centre half clears it before he can reach it for a tap in, I geneuinly thought Nunez had got on the end of it and missed it, because it would be fairly consistent with the kind of thing we’ve seen from him this season. Equally; if he’s chipped some Pirlo esque effort from the edge of the area into the top corner it wouldn’t have surprised me either.

The question with Nunez for me is, if he doesn’t improve in any way from his current level, so we’re getting roughly 10-15 league goals a season plus a few against ‘lesser’ sides in Europe (as with the exception of the one he scored against Real all the other European ones have come against lesser sides) would you stick or twist? 2 months ago I think I’d have stuck, now I’m at the point where I feel he has to improve next season or I think we cut our losses.

As you say, I think it depends on the wider contribution. We were more than happy to have Bobby Firmino playing CF for us and scoring 10-15/season because of all the other things he could do on the pitch, and we were a better team when he was in the side, than when he wasn't (for the most part).

I think there's a very good player there. He's very quick which is always a great quality in attacking players. I wonder if we are genuinely getting the most out of him in Klopp's system. I'd give him a decent chance under a new manager, just like many of the other players. Maybe if he's not contributing that much or not really adapting his game, then it's time to look for other solutions.
Way too much is being made of the "head coach" thing. It's the normal way of operating in most other leagues. Slot will likely have never worked without a DoF.

Also the British working culture is crazy hierachical. The Dutch work a lot more consentual. Decisions are usually made together, regardless of the exact line management order.

Yep, the Head Coach/DoF/SportingDirector/whoever model is something Slot is well used to. He's Head Coach at Feyenoord, Xabi is Head Coach at Leverkusen, Ancelotti is simply listed as Coach on the Real Madrid website, it's only the English who struggle with the concept it seems. Whichever way we work will be something he is already used to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10