Author Topic: [World Cup 2026] South American Qualifiers | Rounds 7 + 8 on 4-11 September  (Read 11793 times)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: [World Cup 2026] South American Qualifiers | Rounds 7 + 8 on 4-11 September
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2023, 05:30:13 pm »
Thanks as always Jason.

That red card omg. de paul had him in a police/ramos 'come along' and he had to literally turn around and shove him off to unhook himself, and the refs looking right at it.

as soon as i saw that brazil line up you start wondering "where are all the players?"  Ali's the only exceptional player they have.  Almost all of them are pedestrian. strange thing.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2023, 06:06:53 pm »
That referee was awful. Would be a great fit for the PL. The red card, and all the fouls that weren't called and then there was a blatant handball from a Brazil corner too. Is it kosher to post a link to reddit? Anyways, the corner comes in and it didn't look like anyone touched it and then it bounces off of Romero's hand. Fan video.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2023, 05:24:28 pm »
Oh boy. As if the picture couldn't get cloudier for Brazil, with their CBF president removed, Ancelotti has just signed an extension with Real Madrid and so all that interim manager and waiting for him was for nothing.

Time for them to reboot their front office and see what happens I guess, at the moment it's a total mess.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
...aaaand the chaos for Brazil rumbles on, Ednaldo Rodrigues -the head of the Brazilian FA- was removed from his position by court a month or so ago, but yesterday he was re-instated back to his position, and he's decided to let go of Brazil's interim coach Fernando Diniz.

This fella was supposed to hold his position until Ancelotti took over, but now that this is no longer possible, apparently the rumoured coach will be Sao Paolo's Dorival Junior (much to the displeasure of some fans).

Let's see who the next guy is. I suppose one 'positive' for the CBF is that if they are going through a crisis/overhaul, they may as well do it now rather than 6 or so months before the World Cup.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
...aaaand the chaos for Brazil rumbles on, Ednaldo Rodrigues -the head of the Brazilian FA- was removed from his position by court a month or so ago, but yesterday he was re-instated back to his position, and he's decided to let go of Brazil's interim coach Fernando Diniz.

This fella was supposed to hold his position until Ancelotti took over, but now that this is no longer possible, apparently the rumoured coach will be Sao Paolo's Dorival Junior (much to the displeasure of some fans).

Let's see who the next guy is. I suppose one 'positive' for the CBF is that if they are going through a crisis/overhaul, they may as well do it now rather than 6 or so months before the World Cup.

They might have a chance in 2026 then. The more of a shambles they're in before a World Cup the better their chances of winning it, historically.

When they're favourites they flop.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
They might have a chance in 2026 then. The more of a shambles they're in before a World Cup the better their chances of winning it, historically.

When they're favourites they flop.
Now there's a fella that knows his history!

They were all over the shop in 2002, people calling for Felipao's head and the media constantly clashing with him, they thought they had missed their train in '98.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Now there's a fella that knows his history!

They were all over the shop in 2002, people calling for Felipao's head and the media constantly clashing with him, they thought they had missed their train in '98.

Struggled to qualify as well - lost 6 games. Similar in '94 - all the hype was on Colombia and Brazil only qualified on their last game where they needed a result. Similar 24 year gap as well since winning it (same in 2026) and weren't fancied going into the tournament. In the build up to 1970 they'd changed their manager a bunch of times and were chaotic.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mario Zagallo has passed away today. First man to win the World Cup as a player and manager. Won it 4x as he was the assistant in 94 as well.  RIP

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Mario Zagallo has passed away today. First man to win the World Cup as a player and manager. Won it 4x as he was the assistant in 94 as well.  RIP

Sad news, RIP.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

RIP. Great pic.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

RIP