Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers  (Read 64286 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #81 on: August 5, 2019, 09:15:44 pm »
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/scouse-not-english.213000/
I notice the comments along the lines of "our city is also disadvantaged but you don't see us complaining" that you often hear in anti liverpool rants as though that's good. Personally, I'm proud that I support a club with fans who stand up when they believe they're hard done to and the fact that wolves fans and other such little Englander fans seem to mindlessly support the regime that's given them nothing is a real shame in my opinion. If people from all working class towns and cities in the UK had the same mindset as scousers do, there could be real change.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 5, 2019, 09:51:31 pm »
Who the fuck cares about these?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 5, 2019, 11:06:56 pm »
Who the fuck cares about these?

Their Chinese overlords and Portuguese co-horts?  In a world where things matter Wolves would be held up to the same light of ManC, PSG or Chelsea as an example of everything wrong with the sport but here we are.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 6, 2019, 11:45:24 am »
A lot of comments on the first page of that are actually pretty balanced. Some knobs and some saying they understand.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 6, 2019, 11:55:37 am »
Funny thing is that their captain is a Liverpool supporting Scouser.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: August 6, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
A lot of comments on the first page of that are actually pretty balanced. Some knobs and some saying they understand.

Two posters gave an opinion & the rest just jumped on the bandwagon.They were more pissed off at the thought of other posters coming in and giving an unbiased opinion so that shows it's a rolling topic on that forum.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 6, 2019, 07:22:06 pm »
are they on their way to become new Everton?

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 7, 2019, 02:19:51 am »
Reckon top 10 but no higher than 8th this year
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2019, 05:23:07 pm »
They don't seem to be doing too well at the moment. Hope it continues.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 11:23:42 pm »
They don't seem to be doing too well at the moment. Hope it continues.

The curse of the Europa League is starting to bite.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2019, 04:05:59 am »
The curse of the Europa League is starting to bite.

Does this only apply to English teams?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2019, 04:15:39 am »
Does this only apply to English teams?

Just my perception but generally the teams that qualify for the first time struggle. They usually need to buy a lot of players to add squad depth, which means players take time to bed in or if they don't then they suffer fatigue.

Teams that have traditionally thrived in Europa League are the ones that usually have deep squads and are used to competing year after year in Europe. Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Madrid have done well in the past decade. Last year it was Chelsea and Arsenal in the final. Teams like that generally cope well.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2019, 06:11:17 am »
Just my perception but generally the teams that qualify for the first time struggle. They usually need to buy a lot of players to add squad depth, which means players take time to bed in or if they don't then they suffer fatigue.

Teams that have traditionally thrived in Europa League are the ones that usually have deep squads and are used to competing year after year in Europe. Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Madrid have done well in the past decade. Last year it was Chelsea and Arsenal in the final. Teams like that generally cope well.

Any team in the PL is automatically in the top 30-35 richest in the world.  There's no excuse that can be given about not being able to have the necessary squad.  Especially for a team like Wolves where their numbers last year were borderline top 4, they needed to push the boat out a bit but instead did nothing.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2019, 06:24:43 am »
Any team in the PL is automatically in the top 30-35 richest in the world.  There's no excuse that can be given about not being able to have the necessary squad.  Especially for a team like Wolves where their numbers last year were borderline top 4, they needed to push the boat out a bit but instead did nothing.

I don't know about their numbers being borderline Top 4. They finished a full 14 points behind Spurs in 4th position. They were 9 points behind a Manchester United team in Crisis.

They do have 4-5 high quality players but their squad was thin last year too. To prepare for Europa I think teams need to add another 4-5 players that are almost at the level of first XI. Its still no guarantee though, as those players can take a while to bed in. Also many teams probably can't justify this knowing that they are probably not going to be playing in Europe every year and then they will just have shift those additional players.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2019, 06:53:15 am »
I don't know about their numbers being borderline Top 4. They finished a full 14 points behind Spurs in 4th position. They were 9 points behind a Manchester United team in Crisis.

They do have 4-5 high quality players but their squad was thin last year too. To prepare for Europa I think teams need to add another 4-5 players that are almost at the level of first XI. Its still no guarantee though, as those players can take a while to bed in. Also many teams probably can't justify this knowing that they are probably not going to be playing in Europe every year and then they will just have shift those additional players.

Unless you're a Burnley and completely fluke EL qualification with a relegation candidate type squad why would you need to shift the new players if you don't qualify for EL again?  Wolves clearly aren't that and again you're ignoring the fact these clubs are rich.

Wolves were 5th in goals against, 4th in expected goals against and were 5th in xG difference.  They needed to add more offense which meant spending money EL or no EL.  They did not.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2019, 07:12:10 am »
Adama Traore is no wing back. They should put Doherty back there. The back 3 may have been found out. Nuno needs to go back to the drawing board and re-grouped. Otherwise relegation battle will ensue
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2019, 07:27:21 am »
Unless you're a Burnley and completely fluke EL qualification with a relegation candidate type squad why would you need to shift the new players if you don't qualify for EL again?  Wolves clearly aren't that and again you're ignoring the fact these clubs are rich.

Wolves were 5th in goals against, 4th in expected goals against and were 5th in xG difference.  They needed to add more offense which meant spending money EL or no EL.  They did not.

I don't know about fluke but for teams like Wolves its incredibly competitive to qualify even for EL. The top 6 monopoly has remained pretty strong over the past decade. Then they have teams like West Ham, Everton, and Leicester to compete with as well. Doesn't mean they shouldn't have invested more, but there are no guarantees that they would have replicated their finish from last year even with big investment.

Their defense last year was very solid and they have quality in midfield. But their strikers are very wasteful. Adama Traore being the perfect example, looks dangerous but no end product. I am not surprised to hear that they had a good XG difference. But in reality they had worse goal difference than Everton. They tried to fix it with Cutrone and Neto but they are both young and playing a new league for the first time.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2019, 07:35:48 am »
Adama Traore is no wing back. They should put Doherty back there. The back 3 may have been found out. Nuno needs to go back to the drawing board and re-grouped. Otherwise relegation battle will ensue

Injured i think.

Traore is a weird player,seems to have pace,power and dribbling in abundance and that's absolutely it,looks like a fast dribbly bodybuilder playing football out on the pitch.

Used to have a soft spot for Wolves since the 80's propably mainly because i used to love to watch Steve Bull play,but since it seems a large contingent of their fans has this irrational hatred towards us i'd now like them to go down the sooner the better,it's all a bit petty and childish but that's football fandom for you.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2019, 09:28:43 pm »
I don't know about fluke but for teams like Wolves its incredibly competitive to qualify even for EL. The top 6 monopoly has remained pretty strong over the past decade. Then they have teams like West Ham, Everton, and Leicester to compete with as well. Doesn't mean they shouldn't have invested more, but there are no guarantees that they would have replicated their finish from last year even with big investment.

Their defense last year was very solid and they have quality in midfield. But their strikers are very wasteful. Adama Traore being the perfect example, looks dangerous but no end product. I am not surprised to hear that they had a good XG difference. But in reality they had worse goal difference than Everton. They tried to fix it with Cutrone and Neto but they are both young and playing a new league for the first time.

A team bankrolled by a Chinese company worth north of Ł70bn in conjunction with Jorge Mendes is just a plucky underdog?  I think you're completely missing what Wolves are these days and what they've stated their goals are to be.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 6, 2019, 03:56:17 pm »
Wont have another bad word said about Traore

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #101 on: October 6, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »
Wont have another bad word said about Traore

His end product has actually been pretty good this season - something has clicked for him

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 6, 2019, 04:00:04 pm »
Take all the songs!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 6, 2019, 04:00:53 pm »
His end product has actually been pretty good this season - something has clicked for him

Just saying the same myself mate, he seems to be slowing things down a slight bit and getting his head up. He's so quick he can afford to do that, can be such a dangerous player as he's so quick and strong and also very skillful which i dont feel he gets enough credit for

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 6, 2019, 04:17:48 pm »
Nuno - my bruddah

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 6, 2019, 04:18:07 pm »
Thank you very much you funny sounding people.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 6, 2019, 06:57:37 pm »
Wolves. Love the team, love the animal.

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 6, 2019, 08:36:44 pm »
That Jimenez is a superb player. He has the total package of physicality, technique, football brain, movement, workrate and a good finisher. He is a handful for any defender. I reckon he would be even better in a top team with better players creating more chances for him. Well done Wolves.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #108 on: October 7, 2019, 12:31:29 pm »
^^Also surprisingly fast for a guy with those attributes
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #109 on: October 7, 2019, 12:33:54 pm »
Not only do their fans ripoff songs and chants, Nuno went full Kloppo at the end of the match yesterday  ;D

https://twitter.com/NasirLFC/status/1180919995582287874?s=20

I'll give him that though, cos that result was deserving.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #110 on: October 8, 2019, 12:00:33 pm »
Just saying the same myself mate, he seems to be slowing things down a slight bit and getting his head up. He's so quick he can afford to do that, can be such a dangerous player as he's so quick and strong and also very skillful which i dont feel he gets enough credit for

Very true. It's almost taken as a given that he beats so many players because he's quick. There's plenty of quick players around but very few - if any - beat their man as easily and consistently as Traore does and that's down to more than just pace.

Hope he keeps his current end product going as he's incredible to watch.

That Jimenez is a superb player. He has the total package of physicality, technique, football brain, movement, workrate and a good finisher. He is a handful for any defender. I reckon he would be even better in a top team with better players creating more chances for him. Well done Wolves.

He's one of the few players around who I think could replace Firmino.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #111 on: October 9, 2019, 12:22:16 am »
The jink past the diving city player for the first has been under rated I think. Absolute class at full pace
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 9, 2019, 08:25:41 am »
To think how many scoffed when I mentioned this guy last season as a potentially amazing project. Under the right guidance and tutilage you could have a monster on your hands.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #113 on: October 9, 2019, 09:59:15 am »
To think how many scoffed when I mentioned this guy last season as a potentially amazing project. Under the right guidance and tutilage you could have a monster on your hands.
True.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 9, 2019, 10:07:54 am »

from what I've seen of him, he seemed to fit into the usual category of extremely quick players, could get past his man with ease, but the final shot or cross was usually wayward.  If that could be remedied, then there is a hell of player there.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #115 on: October 9, 2019, 10:52:24 am »
Checking his numbers at Benfica is a bit of surprise, I would have expected a bigger return on goals in the league (with the exception of the 16/17 season).
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #116 on: October 9, 2019, 11:13:53 am »
Pleased for Nuno; seems a decent chap and manager. They needed to improve because given the daft way football has gone, he could easily have been out on his ear if Wolves had another bad 6 weeks or so.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2019, 09:55:13 pm »
Not bad you shower of c*nts..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2019, 10:00:39 pm »
Adama Traore there with one of the best individual performances I've seen in some time. What a ridiculous footballer. I would love him at LFC.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
Adama Traore there with one of the best individual performances I've seen in some time. What a ridiculous footballer. I would love him at LFC.

And he was shite for ages. Not sure he's consistent enough.