Author Topic: Wayne Rooney  (Read 296949 times)

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
Re: The White Pele
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2011, 12:29:12 am »
Some people are getting quite worked up over a nickname. It's just that, an over-hyped nickname. We've called a player God before. Was Robbie Fowler really God? No. Is Rooney the White Pele? No.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2011, 12:30:55 am »
get complicated, fucking hell - wouldn't take carol vorderman to keep up with domestic and european competition goals, but fine Rooney's 8-2 head start will still get beaten come end of the season

Pique and Puyol back and Barca will be tearing teams apart again even without Iniesta, Villa will score more league goals.

its on, bit of a mingey move calling people out for not agreeing to a bet inside 45 minutes, some people do shut the lid on the laptop and do other things like.

apologies

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2011, 12:31:38 am »
Can I have Saha?

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2011, 12:32:12 am »
The black Cisse.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2011, 12:34:24 am »
The black Owen.

Offline 5starLfc

• Anny Roader
  • Expedition to the summit. Success or failure?
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2011, 04:48:07 am »
The Lethal Torres

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2011, 05:44:33 am »
Some people are getting quite worked up over a nickname. It's just that, an over-hyped nickname. We've called a player God before. Was Robbie Fowler really God? No. Is Rooney the White Pele? No.

Blasphemy
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2011, 08:14:50 am »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:40 am »
He's not even one of the top 3 strikers in the world at present, the white pele  ;D
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2011, 09:43:36 am »
Well I'm glad that Fergie has bigged up a player who had an awful season last year bar one great goal and has started this season in fine form.  Apparently to be the next Pele, you just need to play really well in about 3 games.  Does that mean Suarez is the new Maradona?

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2011, 09:54:22 am »
Does that mean Suarez is the new Maradona?

Only if Giggs is the new messi.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2011, 10:40:59 am »
Well it was a fast moving thread and I've left this here for 45 minutes now. Seems everyone was so quick to slate him/pick Villa, but when it comes to it nobody want to put the money on the table, what gives?

Rooney may well score more goals than Villa. Doesn't mean he's better. He takes penalties and free kicks. He's their main striker. At Barcelona Villa doesn't take penalties and takes less free kicks than Rooney does at Man Utd. In addition, he's not the main focal point in attack unlike Rooney. So you might win a bet but all it does is say that Rooney scored more than Villa this season. It won't say anything else.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2011, 11:03:05 am »
Well it was a fast moving thread and I've left this here for 45 minutes now. Seems everyone was so quick to slate him/pick Villa, but when it comes to it nobody want to put the money on the table, what gives?
I'll take Aguero. Despite him being a younger player, debut season in a foreign league for a far less successful team.
Goals per gamed played in all competitions. No penalties.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:18 am »
I'll take the bet if you can find me one instance where I've compared him to Aguero.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2011, 11:35:58 am »
you should do goals not including set pieces, that would be more fair.

That should reduce Rooney's goals by 4 this season right? :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2011, 11:46:51 am »
Free kicks is a bit harsh!

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »
But he's white, completely white.

:lmao What kind of thing is that to say?

Anyway wheres this thread going, because Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world and anyone who argues otherwise is a clueless bias bell.

It's all a PR load of bollocks, Fergie knows exactly what he is saying. He is referring to his playing in glowing terms with what is widely recognised as the best of all time in Pele. His reference to Rooney as "But he's white, completely white." is to sell the player as a good lad, golden boy... never does any wrong load of bullshit. Purely a marketing activity to further promote their shite club through their most recognised player in an attempt to create a perception in media that Rooney isn't a granny shagging, wife cheating, prossie shagging, verbal abusing - retarted bluenose.

Cynical but accurate. Fergie doesn't for one moment think he has the next Pele on his hands, but he sure as hell wants anyone and everyone else to think he has.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2011, 12:44:53 pm »
Someone has tweeted that he's talking to the S*n again this weekend what a c*nt he is.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2011, 01:35:21 pm »
Suarez ?

Knew someone would say that. What i should have said is ANOTHER player. We do need a player his strength, power and pace. Carroll prob has the physical attributes, hopefully the ability will blossom soon
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »
Someone has tweeted that he's talking to the S*n again this weekend what a c*nt he is.

He's a prick if he is. Things like that is what make me hate him personally, it's not just the fact that he plays for them lot it's just he's a horrible, horrible person. On and off the pitch he sets a terrible example and the media and fans still think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Overrated footballer, horrible human being and he plays for United. I'm not participating in this no more as he genuinely puts a downer on my day.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »
White Pele??  :no  :butt

Off the field?
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
White Pele??  :no  :butt

Off the field?

Shags grannies in Pele's age range.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2011, 05:07:42 pm »
White Pele, well he doesnt have hard on problems, there is plenty of grannies to testify to this.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »
"But he is white, completely white."

What the fuck is that about?

He´s not. He´s got those liver spots all over his body.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2011, 03:11:21 am »
...which makes Dong Fangzhouo the Yellow Pele.
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2011, 07:26:43 am »
I thought this was a thread about Peter Thompson who played for us in the 1960s. I have no interest in granny shagging, hair transplanting mancs.
Justice for the 96!

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2011, 10:32:06 am »
This "White Pele" nonsense has been doing the rounds for a while. Last summer it was everywhere before the World Cup then hushed.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2011, 11:36:05 am »
This "White Pele" nonsense has been doing the rounds for a while. Last summer it was everywhere before the World Cup then hushed.

United fans have always been quick to big up their own players. I remember when they used to call Wes Brown the Orange Pele Peel.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2011, 09:18:10 pm »
United fans have always been quick to big up their own players. I remember when they used to call Wes Brown the Orange Pele Peel.

:lmao

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »
Just put a load of shite out and made it far to complicated. What would you prefer, just a 38 game season? After all, the players in question cant be held responsible if the team is knocked out of a cup early, plus spanish cup games are 2 legs compared to 1 FA cup.
get complicated, fucking hell - wouldn't take carol vorderman to keep up with domestic and european competition goals, but fine Rooney's 8-2 head start will still get beaten come end of the season

Pique and Puyol back and Barca will be tearing teams apart again even without Iniesta, Villa will score more league goals.

its on, bit of a mingey move calling people out for not agreeing to a bet inside 45 minutes, some people do shut the lid on the laptop and do other things like.

Villa just scored twice. Did you two settle the bet? :p
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »
Yep.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:04 pm »
He's scored twice in a game in september, we have another 7 or 8 months to go yet. I've already had a pm off him..

I honestly dont care if I lose, nothing wrong with giving money to the hjc. I still stand by my point, Rooney is better than Villa, he wouldve had a hattrick tonight ;)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:11 pm »
Yeh its abit of fun like, just gives me added incentive to give Rooney shit.

plus Villa is obviously better, jus cos ez not frm crocky lid.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »
Hattrick tomorrow.

RROOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2011, 10:25:06 pm »
Hattrick tomorrow.

Is that 3 grannies?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
Rooney can fuck off and so can Villa.

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2011, 05:34:47 am »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2011, 08:23:12 am »
Hattrick tomorrow.

:lmao Has me in stitches every time some one types his name that way.....ah well simple minds and all that.

But White Pele? Seriously? Old whiskey nose is clearly fooling himself there. I'm sure he regards him 'completely white'   ::)

"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline Jazz101

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2011, 01:51:16 pm »
Robbie Fowler recognises divine inspiration when he sees it.

And for the striker who Liverpool supporters called ‘God’, one man stands alone when he assesses who is currently the No 1 footballer in the world.

“Wayne Rooney is the best player out there at this moment in time,” said Fowler,widely recognised as the most natural finisher of his generation, scoring 230 goals in a ­domestic career that included two spells with Liverpool either side of moves to Leeds, Manchester City, Cardiff and Blackburn.

The 26 England caps he won were scant reward for his talent.

He went on: “I know Lionel Messi has been untouchable over the last two or three years, but on current form I don’t think there is anyone out there who is such a complete player as Rooney.

“Wayne has redefined the role of a centre-forward. Not only is he scoring goals at a phenomenal rate, he is also dropping deep to dictate games from start to finish.

“Messi isn’t that kind of player. He drifts in and out of matches. He wins matches with bursts of individual brilliance.

“Rooney is always in the game. Everything that Manchester United do goes through him. United have had players in the past who you think to yourself ‘how are they ever going to replace him?’

“I’m talking about players like Eric Cantona, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo. But looking at what Rooney now does for their team, I’d say he is ­absolutely irreplaceable.

“I think Mr. Ferguson knows that as well. That’s why he worked so hard to keep him at Old Trafford last year when it looked as though Wayne was going to leave.

“I know it’s a strange thing to say, given the number of goals that Wayne has already scored for United and England this season, but I wouldn’t say he is the most natural finisher.

“He has worked hard to improve that part of his game and has got better at it, but it’s his all-round game that puts him in a class of his own at the moment.”

Fowler, 36, is still giving defenders in ­Thailand nightmares with Muanthong Utd.

And as the Toxteth-born No 9 surveys the Premier League’s current strikers he believes clubs are tapping in to a rich seam of the game’s most important players.

“I remember when I was trying to break into the England team and it was so tough because I was up against great strikers like Alan Shearer, Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand and Ian Wright,” said Fowler. “When I look at the current crop of strikers in the Premier League I see the same kind of quality.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »
What shite.

With all due respect to God.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.