Author Topic: Ronaldinho - the fall from grace  (Read 13370 times)

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ronaldinho - the fall from grace
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2008, 01:25:44 pm »

Ronaldinho Agent In Barça Threat

Ronaldinho Gaúcho's brother and agent, Roberto Assis, has stated that the Brazilian star could use Article 17 of FIFA's transfer regulations to leave Camp Nou for only €16 million.

The Brazilian international's representative had guaranteed that the Barcelona footballer would stay on at Camp Nou until the end of the contract, which is due to expire in June 2010.

But Assis now claims Ronaldinho's situation at Barcelona to be wrecked because of the ongoing news concerning his life since he left Brazil.

According to him, the Brazilian playmaker does not refuse the possibility of using the Webster ruling, which would allow him to unilaterally break his contract with Barcelona at the end of the season, having only to pay a compensation equalling the amount of the final year's wages.

"We know that the release clause is set at €125 million but we also know of the Article 17, which would allow him to leave for a lot less," Assis told Globoesporte.com. "Everything is possible."

On the reports suggesting Assis to be interested in buying his brother for his own club, Porto Alegre, before engineering a transfer to another first-rate club, he stated: "It's absurd to put Porto Alegre, a small second-division club, in Ronaldinho's plans.

"His name must be linked with clubs like Real Madrid or Milan, without ever having to make a stop at Porto Alegre."

However, Assis has guaranteed that there are chances of 'Dinho staying on at Barcelona beyond the end of this season.

"What if Barça wins the Champions League? Who are they going to off-load if they are champions? With titles, everything is different," he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=637712

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2008, 01:30:21 pm »
Boro' have his signature in the bag.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2008, 01:32:24 pm »
Boro' have his signature in the bag.

Nah, he's a Newcastle signing if ever there was one.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ouestlereferee

• Pourquoi! C'est monsieur Scrutin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2008, 01:52:14 pm »
Nah, he's a Newcastle signing if ever there was one.

I'd imagine they'd be more tempted for Kewell on the basis of his injury record compared to Ronnie's.....

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 01:53:33 pm »
He would be perfect for us of course. But he won't come here.

"Not proven in Premier League?"

Are you having a laugh?

If Lee Catermole, David Dunn, Lee Carsley can cut it, I'm prety certain a world player of the year can...
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline Dish shhh

• Kopite
  • It's always darkest before the dawn
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 05:00:43 pm »
He would be perfect for us of course. But he won't come here.

"Not proven in Premier League?"

Are you having a laugh?

If Lee Catermole, David Dunn, Lee Carsley can cut it, I'm prety certain a world player of the year can...

Morientes, Veron, Sheva.................
Brian Reade - "Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend. Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy".

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2008, 09:33:43 pm »
Since when did they become world player of the year?
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2008, 09:52:57 pm »

Compare the 1st season at their current clubs of:
Torres vs Bent
Torres vs Tevez
Kuyt vs Crouch
Hargreaves vs Carrick
Garcia (at Liverpool) vs Pennant
Evra vs A Cole
Lucas, Babel, Nani, or Anderson vs Bendtner, Walcott, or Lennon

Mascherano has basically been great for us from the very start, (I don't think you can count his 200-odd mins in a West Ham shirt as being a significant settling-in period)

Offline BlaugranaPride

• Kopite
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »
The new Rivaldo, I don't no why but we destroy always the best players of the world.
MÉS QUE UN CLUB

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »
The new Rivaldo, I don't no why but we destroy always the best players of the world.

Thought for a moment you were a Liverpool fan suggesting the likes of Dirk & Voro are the best players in the world!

Phew!

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:49 am »
Maybe a new club will give him some motivation?

That's the 'god know how many millions of transfer money' question.

I'm pretty sure Rafa has a 'youth policy' in place, so won't happen. Probably Chelsea or x2 Milan as has been said.

10m or under and i'd love him here.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:21:36 am by Endoe »

Offline LiverpoolLankford

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2008, 06:45:29 am »
I don't mind Ronaldinho..he seems a nice lad. Wish it would happen to Cristiano Ronaldo though..now he's a twat

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2008, 07:30:47 am »
£12million . . Yes please!

We need match winners . . Someone who can create something from nothing.

Torres
Ronnie Stevie Babel
       Masch Alonso
Fabio Carra Agger Arby
             Reina

If he performed to 50% of his potential thats a Premier Leage winning 11 for me.
Even with the lack of quality full backs.
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2008, 03:36:07 pm »
IF any manager can motivate him, he'll be superb again. But is it possible?
I don't know. 12 million is a very little money for him, if he gets motivated

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2008, 07:18:09 pm »
Fat ;D If thats being fat, i wouldnt mind being fat like him! I dont see how hes wasted his talent either, hes already won everything worth anything, made shit loads of money and is famous around the world. He really hasnt got anything else left to prove for me like.
nail on the head.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 3, 2008, 11:12:27 pm »

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #136 on: April 4, 2008, 12:29:38 am »
MILAN, 3 you open them - For Ronaldinho it is pure row. There is a nourished list of squares interested to the Brazilian phenomenon, by now in route with Barcelona. The Milan, but, appears leggermente in advantage and an encounter happened yesterday between Galliani the brother-proxy of the player Roberto de Assis has not made other that to feed the voices: "the Milan is interested but it depends on many things. We are still in embryonic phase ", has said Ernesto Bronzetti, Fifa agent and adviser of the milanista market. "to say the truth - it has added - Roberto de Assis yesterday was directed to London and to Milan it has only called, therefore we have gone to supper together. If we wanted to hide and to make a negotiation sure we did not go from ' Giannino' ". CHAMPIONS? NOT E' a PROBLEM - Bronzetti has excluded that Ronaldinho can less decide its future to the Milan to second of the placing or in Champions of the rossonera square: "it does not mean nothing. To the Milan the players come even if the Goblet of the Champions is not made ". The PREMIER CALLS - the competition is high. In Premier there are clubs that would also make madnesses to obtain the cartellino of Ronaldinho. "offered Dinho does not lack it - Bronzetti has confirmed -. is not sure the last one arrived. Are tre-quattro squares interested to he, this are normal. The Chelsea of sure. And also the Liverpool
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #137 on: April 4, 2008, 02:09:47 am »
MILAN, 3 you open them - For Ronaldinho it is pure row. There is a nourished list of squares interested to the Brazilian phenomenon, by now in route with Barcelona. The Milan, but, appears leggermente in advantage and an encounter happened yesterday between Galliani the brother-proxy of the player Roberto de Assis has not made other that to feed the voices: "the Milan is interested but it depends on many things. We are still in embryonic phase ", has said Ernesto Bronzetti, Fifa agent and adviser of the milanista market. "to say the truth - it has added - Roberto de Assis yesterday was directed to London and to Milan it has only called, therefore we have gone to supper together. If we wanted to hide and to make a negotiation sure we did not go from ' Giannino' ". CHAMPIONS? NOT E' a PROBLEM - Bronzetti has excluded that Ronaldinho can less decide its future to the Milan to second of the placing or in Champions of the rossonera square: "it does not mean nothing. To the Milan the players come even if the Goblet of the Champions is not made ". The PREMIER CALLS - the competition is high. In Premier there are clubs that would also make madnesses to obtain the cartellino of Ronaldinho. "offered Dinho does not lack it - Bronzetti has confirmed -. is not sure the last one arrived. Are tre-quattro squares interested to he, this are normal. The Chelsea of sure. And also the Liverpool
That is one ugly translation. Si puo fare means yes he can doesn't it?
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #138 on: April 4, 2008, 02:15:11 am »
I think mentally he left 18 months ago. Not good to see such a talent going through the motions.
I do think he did better last season than people gave him credit for, he scored 23 goals last year and was the numbers man for Barca in a period when Eto'o was out. He carried the goalscoring burden as Gudjohnsen and Saviola failed to replace Eto'o and Ezquerro was ineffective. He was not as dynamic last year in his play and the increasing poor physical conditioning done by Barca's poor physical team has affected Ronaldinho more than any other player. Ronaldinho having a bad season last year was a myth and more down to the high high standards set and expected of him, because in actuality he did a very productive season even if it lacked the most exhilarating football he has produced before.

This season though has been very bad and Barcelona don't work to fix it, they still have yet to sort out the physical set up and try to improve this teams conditioning or that of Ronaldinho. Heck bloody Paco Ayesteran is sat at home right now, one call and he turns the team of laggards into proper athletes who are in peak condition. Instead they embroil in the political slandering and try to disassociate themselves with Ronaldinho. Who at this time more than ever needs support as he is suffering a lot from alcohol abuse apparently and loneliness, this is a time for them to give unity and try to make sure that Ronaldinho is loved and physically well, not trying to flush him down the loo without anyone watching. That doesn't mean he is faultless either as he has let the success of his football affect his form. The commercial interests and living a superstar life that he has been living is his fault and that of hs bother/agent as he could have learnt to control himself and let his football do the talking.

I don't think we have seen the last of Ronaldinho and we may see him exhilarate people again in a way only Maradona has done in recent times but I sense it will be in individual matches as opposed to sustained periods of time and that the best Ronaldinho has come and flashed by.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 4, 2008, 05:36:00 am »
If he can knock off the few extra pounds and regain his motivation, he will be the best player in the world bar none.  The natural talent he possesses is astounding.  12 m is an absolute bargain.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 4, 2008, 08:10:47 am »
If he can knock off the few extra pounds and regain his motivation, he will be the best player in the world bar none.  The natural talent he possesses is astounding.  12 m is an absolute bargain.
For 12 million it would be worth a punt.  A change of scenery, a new challenge, the adulation of the Kop, a whole new set of teammates not treating him as a black sheep - there's still some magic left in him for a few more years.
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #141 on: April 4, 2008, 09:52:12 am »
12 million for him is a steal.

"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #142 on: April 4, 2008, 09:54:02 am »
For 12 million it would be worth a punt.  A change of scenery, a new challenge, the adulation of the Kop, a whole new set of teammates not treating him as a black sheep - there's still some magic left in him for a few more years.
Some magic?  Even with one bad leg and 10 extra pounds this man can conjure a 19th title out of his butt when teamed with Torres, Babel, Mascherano and Gerrard.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 10:56:40 am by Vinay »

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 4, 2008, 09:59:03 am »
Some magic?  Even with one bad leg and 10 extra pounds this man can conjure a 19th title out of his but when teamed with Torres, Babel, Mascherano and Gerrard.
Not if he doesn't want to play games due to an imaginary leg injury.  ;)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #144 on: April 4, 2008, 10:02:33 am »
If we didn't even look at him for 12m then I'd be shocked and appalled.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline jazw

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: April 4, 2008, 11:38:12 am »
For 12m he could be decent for us if Rafa got him motivated and fully fit. If it didn't work out we could still probably sell him to one of the Milans for decent money so I don't think it would be that big a gamble.

Offline Hot Cross Bun

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • YNWA - JFT96
« Reply #146 on: April 4, 2008, 11:47:38 am »
£12m is a great price. The club would make that back in 2 seasons from shirt sales alone as he is probably still in the top 5 players in terms of bankability.
Dear Tom Hicks,

You are a FUCKING TWAT!

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Hot Cross Bun

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: April 4, 2008, 01:39:02 pm »
Apart from an immense attacking threat,he offers nothing definsively to a team.I just cant see Benitez being interested in a player who is like that.He would add the extra bit of flair and pace we crave but it would be so much of a risk depending on his lack of motivation/sharpness/age and for  a price which almost certainly be in excess of 16million.

Besides that though i cant see abramovich letting him through his grasp and if not that,then certainly milan with the incentive of playing alongside kaka

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: April 4, 2008, 01:40:45 pm »
For 12m he could be decent for us if Rafa got him motivated and fully fit. If it didn't work out we could still probably sell him to one of the Milans for decent money so I don't think it would be that big a gamble.

Would they be stupid enough to still buy him?

..........oh wait hang on a minute-whats that fat c*nt ac bought again?ronaldo or something??

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 4, 2008, 03:07:52 pm »
Apart from an immense attacking threat,he offers nothing definsively to a team.I just cant see Benitez being interested in a player who is like that.
We've got enough players who do the defensive work, we need more matchwinners

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 4, 2008, 06:44:16 pm »

..........oh wait hang on a minute-whats that fat c*nt ac bought again?ronaldo or something??
That fat c*nt who wasn't fat anymore and was scoring goals again before his injury?? The answer would be yes they will try and buy him.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #151 on: April 4, 2008, 06:49:34 pm »

Fucking rediculous statement you clearly dont have a clue what you're talking about
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline 80s_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: April 4, 2008, 07:28:25 pm »
It's amazing how a player can go from being god's gift to football to well...someone who isn't, in the space of just 2 years.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #153 on: April 4, 2008, 07:42:09 pm »
Ronaldinho to Chelsea and Lampard to Barca.
I can see that happening to be honest
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 4, 2008, 11:17:57 pm »
I can see that happening to be honest

Yeah ... I can also see Lampard displacing Iniesta or Xavi from the Barca team ...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 4, 2008, 11:43:57 pm »
Looks like he's on his way. My guess is Milan.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: March 5, 2020, 01:10:15 pm »
Fitting thread title.

Seems he has been caught using a fake passport  :butt

Had his real ones confiscated due to unpaid taxes so think he’s got himself some fake ones to travel still  ;D

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #157 on: March 5, 2020, 01:19:29 pm »
Fitting thread title.

Seems he has been caught using a fake passport  :butt

Had his real ones confiscated due to unpaid taxes so think he’s got himself some fake ones to travel still  ;D
The irony is that he didn't need a passport to cross the border from Brazil.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 5, 2020, 01:33:35 pm »
You can take the boy out of the favela...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: March 5, 2020, 01:34:21 pm »
You can take the boy out of the favela...

Not without his passport you can’t.