Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 166661 times)

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #4600 on: Yesterday at 08:41:03 pm »
If they were all so much against us, surely they'd have given Spurs a penalty for Joe's high boot

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4601 on: Yesterday at 09:53:21 pm »
If they were all so much against us, surely they'd have given Spurs a penalty for Joe's high boot

It would have been an indirect free kick not a penalty.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4602 on: Yesterday at 10:03:24 pm »
Haha . . . good man Stoa.

Incredible that people think there isn't some kind of agenda! I mean, there's unequivocal proof based on some of the staggering decisions that have gone against us.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4603 on: Today at 12:50:44 am »
Page 115. Yeah either fill it with 115, like in the Cheats thread, or close it.

Page 116. You just couldn't let it die, could you 😩
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4604 on: Today at 01:52:26 am »
Haha . . . good man Stoa.

Incredible that people think there isn't some kind of agenda! I mean, there's unequivocal proof based on some of the staggering decisions that have gone against us.

If there was an agenda against us, surely the ref would have blown the whistle just before each of our 4 goals and ordered the nearest defender to go down injured, since that is allowed now?

I am very intelligent.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4605 on: Today at 07:28:00 am »

Your village is calling you back. You are needed. They are very much missing you :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #4606 on: Today at 07:29:47 am »
didnt matter todays decisions theyve already fucked us over

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #4607 on: Today at 07:48:34 am »
There were several 50/50s on the edge of ours and their penalty areas.  They got the free kicks in dangerous positions and we didn't.  Standard stuff. 

Contact on Cody = no pen.  Havertz creates his own contact = pen.

All these are subjective decisions but it's becoming increasingly obvious that PGMOL will have had a big say in who does and doesn't win the prem. Again.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4608 on: Today at 07:50:44 am »
Whether or not you believe in conspiracy theories or not we've been royally fucked over by refs this season.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4609 on: Today at 07:54:05 am »
That Gakpo one was more of a pen than the Havertz one. If the Havertz one is given then the Gakpo one should also be given.

We would be better doing away with the officials and letting the players involved have an arm wrestle in the centre circle; winner gets the decision. They would get more correct.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4610 on: Today at 07:55:01 am »
This looks set to be the 8th time we get 80+ points in the Premier League with one title to show for it. Look at some of the unfathomable decisions we've had against us in the years we didn't win or that have gone one of the Manchester clubs way instead.

This will be the 6th time Arsenal have got 80+ points but they could also win their 4th Premier League title. Chelsea have had 9 80+ seasons but won 5 of them.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:57:09 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4611 on: Today at 07:55:45 am »
Whether or not you believe in conspiracy theories or not we've been royally fucked over by refs this season.

Agree and it’s not the diaz v spurs one that pisses me off the most even being the most obvious , the arsenal hand ball and doku chest challenge were absolute game changers if given and scored , the difference between  the extra two points for us and one less for both our main title rivals was huge

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4612 on: Today at 08:00:38 am »
This looks set to be the 8th time we get 80+ points in the Premier League with one title to show for it. Look at some of the unfathomable decisions we've had against us in the years we didn't win or that have gone one of the Manchester clubs way instead.

This will be the 6th time Arsenal have got 90+ points but they could also win their 4th Premier League title. Chelsea have had 9 80+ seasons but won 5 of them.

City have given crucial decisions and we haven't been given crucial decisions.

13/14 - Sterling is miles onside vs City
18/19 - Kompany should have been given a red vs City
21/22 - Rodri should have given away a penalty for the most blatant handball ever - Jota should have had a penalty vs Spurs
23/24 - There should have been a penalty with studs in Mac's chest vs City

It's small margins and it's cost us titles.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4613 on: Today at 08:01:52 am »
Agree and it’s not the diaz v spurs one that pisses me off the most even being the most obvious , the arsenal hand ball and doku chest challenge were absolute game changers if given and scored , the difference between  the extra two points for us and one less for both our main title rivals was huge

I don't count the Arsenal handball as we scored a minute later. It wasn't a game defining decision.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4614 on: Today at 08:08:14 am »
I don't count the Arsenal handball as we scored a minute later. It wasn't a game defining decision.
Ridiculous comment. We could’ve scored the pen then scored again a minute later…
Conceding the pen could’ve affected Arsenal’s concentration, you don’t know. It was a horrendous decision and should definitely be counted!

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4615 on: Today at 08:11:07 am »
Ridiculous comment. We could’ve scored the pen then scored again a minute later…
Conceding the pen could’ve affected Arsenal’s concentration, you don’t know. It was a horrendous decision and should definitely be counted!

Or we could have scored the pen and game state would have made Arsenal put 10 men behind the ball.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4616 on: Today at 08:14:48 am »
There were several 50/50s on the edge of ours and their penalty areas.  They got the free kicks in dangerous positions and we didn't.  Standard stuff. 

Contact on Cody = no pen.  Havertz creates his own contact = pen.

All these are subjective decisions but it's becoming increasingly obvious that PGMOL will have had a big say in who does and doesn't win the prem. Again.

"it's becoming"

Not being funny, but you'd have to be fucking thick to not have noticed how bent the league has been for decades now. Easily the most bent league the world has ever seen. Absolute fucking joke.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4617 on: Today at 08:17:04 am »
Or we could have scored the pen and game state would have made Arsenal put 10 men behind the ball.
Did they do that when we scored a minute later?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4618 on: Today at 08:18:31 am »
Did they do that when we scored a minute later?

Funny thing is that this is our penultimate game before Klopp leaves at our next one - we've won and all everyone was talking about in the pub afterwards was what a fucking cheat Tierney was.

That's what these inbred little cheating c*nts have reduced the game to.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4619 on: Today at 08:28:24 am »
Funny thing is that this is our penultimate game before Klopp leaves at our next one - we've won and all everyone was talking about in the pub afterwards was what a fucking cheat Tierney was.

That's what these inbred little cheating c*nts have reduced the game to.
Yep. It’s a large part of why I’m stepping away from the game after this season. I can’t keep on getting stressed by these cheating, gaslighting c*nts.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4620 on: Today at 08:30:46 am »
Unbelievable. Just watched MOTD2 for our game. Commentator said Brooks on VAR said Gakpo pen wasn't given as "a very exaggerated fall that was out of sync with the standing foot".

Funny how that never applies to the Mancs or Arsenal.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #4621 on: Today at 08:33:52 am »
"it's becoming"

Not being funny, but you'd have to be fucking thick to not have noticed how bent the league has been for decades now. Easily the most bent league the world has ever seen. Absolute fucking joke.
Andy, I said it's "becoming increasingly obvious" - ie. it's getting worse.  There's no denying it was going on in Fergie's era for a start.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4622 on: Today at 08:37:05 am »
Andy, I said it's "becoming increasingly obvious" - ie. it's getting worse.  There's no denying it was going on in Fergie's era for a start.

The state of PGMOL is his legacy. Corruption was going on in plain sight with him. United seasons have still been inflated by refs since he left (i.e. finishing 2nd one year with a shit team that got a penalty every week) but they've been shit anyway. City have also corrupted refs, whether by bribes of overseas trips or more sinister.

VAR is an added cheater's charter that wasn't there in Fergie's era.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4623 on: Today at 08:53:44 am »
"it's becoming"

Can't wait for Andy to tell us all how nobody in here is saying it's a conspiracy 😂

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4624 on: Today at 09:00:41 am »
Unbelievable. Just watched MOTD2 for our game. Commentator said Brooks on VAR said Gakpo pen wasn't given as "a very exaggerated fall that was out of sync with the standing foot".

Funny how that never applies to the Mancs or Arsenal.

Out of sync with the standing foot 😂 what the fuck does that mean?

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4625 on: Today at 09:04:50 am »
Go and suck Tierney off.

Nice. But nah, I think he's a dreadful referee and I save those sorts of favours for people who are competent at their job.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4626 on: Today at 09:20:15 am »
Out of sync with the standing foot 😂 what the fuck does that mean?

As someone mentioned earlier, it's a new language, Varspeak.

Basically it's not a penalty because of standly footal desynchripitation, it's written in the constipulations but you are probably too lazy or ignorant to have read them. Good process.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4627 on: Today at 09:27:25 am »
The state of PGMOL is his legacy. Corruption was going on in plain sight with him. United seasons have still been inflated by refs since he left (i.e. finishing 2nd one year with a shit team that got a penalty every week) but they've been shit anyway. City have also corrupted refs, whether by bribes of overseas trips or more sinister.

VAR is an added cheater's charter that wasn't there in Fergie's era.

That was a mad period. Didn't they break the record for most penalties awarded one season and then broke it again the next season?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4628 on: Today at 10:01:35 am »
Var check the Gomez (winning the ball) challenge but not Gakpo getting fouled in the box.
They checked it. Went with the onfield ref's call both times.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4629 on: Today at 10:33:13 am »
That was a mad period. Didn't they break the record for most penalties awarded one season and then broke it again the next season?

yes, and the irony (given recent events) is that it took Klopp calling it out for the refs to stop rigging games in MU's favour (or at least do it more subtly)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4630 on: Today at 11:01:25 am »
Went to the mancs had it in our hands and let it slip, not refs, us. I blame us.

You lot are like a gang of flat earthers :lmao

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #4631 on: Today at 11:06:44 am »
That Gakpo one was more of a pen than the Havertz one. If the Havertz one is given then the Gakpo one should also be given.

We would be better doing away with the officials and letting the players involved have an arm wrestle in the centre circle; winner gets the decision. They would get more correct.

Adama Traore would get every single decision.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4632 on: Today at 11:08:11 am »
Went to the mancs had it in our hands and let it slip, not refs, us. I blame us.

Yeah the referees have been impeccable. Not one wrong decision all season.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4633 on: Today at 11:20:57 am »
Yeah the referees have been impeccable. Not one wrong decision all season.

You’re bemoaning the past - we had it in our hands before we played the mancs and the wheels have royally come off, we lost it, refs didn’t take it from us.

No one is denying that the refs have had a woeful season for getting key decisions wrong, but that wasn’t just us, they’ve been shite across the board.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4634 on: Today at 11:32:57 am »
You’re bemoaning the past - we had it in our hands before we played the mancs and the wheels have royally come off, we lost it, refs didn’t take it from us.

No one is denying that the refs have had a woeful season for getting key decisions wrong, but that wasn’t just us, they’ve been shite across the board.

We fucked it up. No argument there.

But certain teams across the decades have fucked up and that's normally allowed. It's been unusual how unreally good we and teams we compete against have been. One slip and the whole season has gone.

What separates this from 'normal' seasons is that there have been several key decisions in several key matches that have had dubious decisions.

I can think of 8 or 9 off the top of my head that directly affected the result of the game. All went against us. I'm struggling to remember any that went for us - though there must be the odd one surely?

I don't watch much other football these days as my heart isn't in it. But from friends I have that still do, the discussion the last few times we met up was that the decisions that have been dodgy have largely gone for our competitors. The nature of the modern game is that all the teams are ultra fit, very well trained and very schooled in tactics and the ability of players doesn't differ that much. It's the small differences that allow one team to win or lose the game - all small pieces of brilliance or mistakes or luck.

When that is adjusted slightly so that you can clearly see what appears to be bias (For such a number of decisions routinely to go against you every season, it's hard to say they are mistakes if they keep happening) then that has an impact.

You don't see any bias. You see 'mistakes'. From the same refs. In many games. Repeated.

But you'd have to be nuts to see the refs as bent in your world. Not sure if you went to the match yesterday, but after the game, there was a dejected feel - even though we'd won - because despite the win, the officials still fucked us over. That's mad, we've won a game against a very good team and most people were dejected and pissed off with the officials.

We're all probably just bellends though.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4635 on: Today at 11:46:02 am »
Eventually it’ll be shown that City’s financial cheating is the tip of the iceberg.

Their manager is a proven cheat, he’s a man who’ll do anything to win. Their execs are the same execs who employed him and his doctor with the knowledge of their cheating. They are men who will do anything to win. They are all men who came from a club who were found to be paying referees. They are owned by ludicrously rich people who do whatever the fuck they like and do anything to win. The same referees who give these questionable decisions on a weekly basis and demonstrably wrong decisions in decisive moments on a yearly basis are the same lads who get flown out to the Middle East on a nice pay day.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I’m very far from it and I think they’re absolute nutters but corruption is not a fallacy or a conspiracy theory, it is rife in football. In 20-30 years time we’ll all look back and realise just how obvious and clear it was and is.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4636 on: Today at 03:47:19 pm »

If the officials hadn’t cheated us out of points , sorry made honest mistakes that they don’t make against Abu Dhabi or Arsenal, then the United result wouldn’t have been so catastrophic.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4637 on: Today at 03:50:17 pm »

You can see with you own eyes the earth is round, you can do experiments to prove the earth is round. I see certain referees contstantly make inexplicable decisions, but we're flat earth nutters who make things up with zero eveidence?. Stand points like your is what allows them to get away with it.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4638 on: Today at 04:28:46 pm »

United - City was 0-0 with no sign of a breakthrough until VAR intervened and gave City probably the softest penalty of the season. Even Gallagher said it was soft.

"It's difficult to say it's not a foul. People will ask how many we're going to give now if you see this given. Look at that, you can't say it's not a foul. The problem will be is that going to be given week in, week out?

Unsurprisingly it was the 'UAE' official on VAR who gave it.

From Gallagher again. Michael Oliver was the VAR and he studied it and took a long time. I heard him say to the referee 'you've got to stop the game now, I'm going to recommend you review it'.

So why is Oliver telling the referee to stop the game. The protocol is to wait until the next break in play. By telling the ref to stop play and go to the screen he is basically instructing the referee to give it.

Oliver's intervention for his employers was a month after his trip to the UAE. So what happened to VAR needing a high bar to intervene.

"Ohhh-kayyy"