Author Topic: Rafa Vs Roy - the differences that you as a fan can see with your own eyes.  (Read 26274 times)

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafa Vs Roy - the differences that you as a fan can see with your own eyes.
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 08:51:17 am »
well rafa's got a goatee

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 08:51:24 am »
One major difference for me.

Rafa made me dream again. Regardless of competition, venue or opposition. I always thought we could beat them

Roy has taken a damn wrecking ball to the foundations of the supporters stronghold and I now worry for when it will collapse.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010, 09:09:59 am »
I was willing to give Rafa another year to sort it out, with Roy i'm not willing to give him another week....
Oh wait you can't see that can you, oh well i tried!!
Smash it ??

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 09:24:44 am »
I don't know how long this thread will stay alive but . . .

The saddest thing for me is how much different (and worse) Rafa looks these days than he did in those pictures. Sure, time passing affects us all but . . . dear me, has that man aged or what?

It's amazing what stress will do to ya.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 09:25:59 am »
Much like pinky and the brain. One is a genius the other is insane
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2010, 09:30:59 am »
Under him we have become a passive team.

This is the main difference for me. And the impact of that difference is huge.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2010, 09:35:13 am »
Rafa getting dogs abuse from people that should know better. Rafa getting slagged off because 'he's coldhearted, selfish, doesn't care' and the rest. From those that were so blinkered, stupid, petty and sad that their one-eyed rage led them to believe anyone could do a better job and that he was a horrible person.

Then he donates all that money to the HJC. A very particular amount. Then he donates to Alder Heys. Then he donates to other causes close to his families hearts. Then he keeps the house he has over here. Then he says how much he loves the place and loves the club even though he was stabbed in the back. Admits he's made mistakes. Says he would love to come back one day. Gives us the Champions League and gets us to another final. Batters Real Madrid and Manchester United 4-1. Beats Barcelona on their own patch. Makes us feared throughout Europe. Gives us an FA Cup. Takes us to finals. Makes us believe. Makes us Dream. Makes us proud. Makes us spoilt with it all. Has us playing, controlling pressing football all over the pitch. Breaks scoring and points records and yet is labelled 'boring' by the seething, jealous press. The press hate him. The press really, really hate him. As a Liverpool fan - anyone that is hated by the lying Murdoch-led, Sun-oriented, money-spinning, self-serving, Xenophobic/Borderline Racist, Dumbed-Down, lying, crying press machine is a friend of mine. Gets the Club. Gets the City. Gets the Fans. Gets the Tradition. Gets the honour. Is one of us.

Roy: Slags the club, the fans, the City off. Blames everyone but himself. Peddles whopping media lies on a pretty much daily basis. Slags his own players off more often than not. Has a go at the squad which is 'too big', 'too small', 'not his' and then complains about the quality - even though the two worst players in that squad have been signed by him. Has a go at Rafa then backs down when Rafa responds. Tries to wheedle his way around the fans by lying about Rafa's relationship with Kenny - which Kenny and his son quietly refute. Chummies up with all his Southern press mates. Then complains that he is hard done to. Displays all the usual traits of LMA members in this country. Bigs himself up on every opportunity. Tells people how wonderful he is. But it's all the previous managers fault, it's the players fault, it's the clubs fault, it's the fault of not enough money, it's always someone else that is to blame. Bigs up Jose Mourinho to Liverpool fans. Bigs up Alex Ferguson to Liverpool fans. Worries that taking the Liverpool job will upset his LMA Mates. Doesn't get the Club. Doesn't get the City. Doesn't get the Fans. Doesn't get the Tradition. Doesn't get the honour. Is NOT one of us.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2010, 09:38:54 am »
Rafa

vs.

Roy (with PFK)

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2010, 09:40:46 am »
Spot on Andy.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline disainit

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 09:40:55 am »
Nothing to compare... it's like a Rolls vs Zastava (see picture below)...

Can't remember who said it but I liked it better:

vs

Offline BrettD

• Legacy Fan
    • Want an accessible website? Click here!
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 09:43:59 am »
Spot on mate. I love your posts, and also Andy@allterton. Becasue you 2 are the same as me, frustrated and passionate.

Roy has sucked all off my passion for football out of me. Even with hicks and gillet we still felt like we had one of us on the inside working for us in rafa. With roy, he couldnt be more different and further detatched frmo the fans if he tried.

I hope the game is called off tomorrow, because basicly i cant be arsed. If its not called off, i wont be going and my ticket will go to waste, because you cant even give them away these days.

Says it all really.

Exactly how I feel too.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 09:46:02 am »
A poster looking backwards,not forwards.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline liverpool_21

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2010, 09:46:43 am »
I miss rafa

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:14 am »
As a Liverpool fan - anyone that is hated by the lying Murdoch-led, Sun-oriented, money-spinning, self-serving, Xenophobic/Borderline Racist, Dumbed-Down, lying, crying press machine is a friend of mine.
When I seen some of us being influenced by that crap, I just couldn't believe that had happened to us. It's a shame, but I suppose that's modern football and it's followers. It's certainly not our tradition.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 09:57:21 am »

If Hodgson's the future we're spectacularly fcked.

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:05 am »

We dont seem to have much to look forward to.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 10:11:53 am »

Blimey Charlie you post some shite these days mate....
Smash it ??

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 10:53:25 am »
You can tell how good a manager is when opposition fans and even journalists/pundits resort to personal abuse to get at the manager rather than criticizing their tactics. 

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2010, 10:55:02 am »

I would think of it as a signpost pointing in the right direction as opposed to a signpost pointing in the wrong direction.

Andy's post is epic and sums everything up along with that clear passion he has for LFC. Would love that to be sent off to JW Henry, Tom Werner, Damien Comolli etc.

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 11:30:37 am »
You know, the more I think about this, the more I think that we need to get one last major act of "internet Terrorism" under way.  I appreciate that there will be many who wont take part, either because they were thise who wanted Rafa out last season, or because that don't think that the club should bring him back for other reasons (too soon, too hard, too unpopular.  Well FUCK 'em.  The man belongs to us. Lets get to work and bring the REAL manager of LFC home.

YNWA Rafa.  A spanish Scouser, a Red, a winner, and above all, an honorable man.

Believe...

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 11:34:21 am »
Rafa getting dogs abuse from people that should know better. Rafa getting slagged off because 'he's coldhearted, selfish, doesn't care' and the rest. From those that were so blinkered, stupid, petty and sad that their one-eyed rage led them to believe anyone could do a better job and that he was a horrible person.

Then he donates all that money to the HJC. A very particular amount. Then he donates to Alder Heys. Then he donates to other causes close to his families hearts. Then he keeps the house he has over here. Then he says how much he loves the place and loves the club even though he was stabbed in the back. Admits he's made mistakes. Says he would love to come back one day. Gives us the Champions League and gets us to another final. Batters Real Madrid and Manchester United 4-1. Beats Barcelona on their own patch. Makes us feared throughout Europe. Gives us an FA Cup. Takes us to finals. Makes us believe. Makes us Dream. Makes us proud. Makes us spoilt with it all. Has us playing, controlling pressing football all over the pitch. Breaks scoring and points records and yet is labelled 'boring' by the seething, jealous press. The press hate him. The press really, really hate him. As a Liverpool fan - anyone that is hated by the lying Murdoch-led, Sun-oriented, money-spinning, self-serving, Xenophobic/Borderline Racist, Dumbed-Down, lying, crying press machine is a friend of mine. Gets the Club. Gets the City. Gets the Fans. Gets the Tradition. Gets the honour. Is one of us.

Roy: Slags the club, the fans, the City off. Blames everyone but himself. Peddles whopping media lies on a pretty much daily basis. Slags his own players off more often than not. Has a go at the squad which is 'too big', 'too small', 'not his' and then complains about the quality - even though the two worst players in that squad have been signed by him. Has a go at Rafa then backs down when Rafa responds. Tries to wheedle his way around the fans by lying about Rafa's relationship with Kenny - which Kenny and his son quietly refute. Chummies up with all his Southern press mates. Then complains that he is hard done to. Displays all the usual traits of LMA members in this country. Bigs himself up on every opportunity. Tells people how wonderful he is. But it's all the previous managers fault, it's the players fault, it's the clubs fault, it's the fault of not enough money, it's always someone else that is to blame. Bigs up Jose Mourinho to Liverpool fans. Bigs up Alex Ferguson to Liverpool fans. Worries that taking the Liverpool job will upset his LMA Mates. Doesn't get the Club. Doesn't get the City. Doesn't get the Fans. Doesn't get the Tradition. Doesn't get the honour. Is NOT one of us.

For me that's probably your best post ever!  :thumbup

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:59 am »

You know, I read many of your posts and appreciate the thinking and effort you put in, and even sometimes agree with you.  However, your general point of view, is, I'm sorry to say, completely crap.  It's now got to the stage where the more I see posts like this, the more I agree with Andy and FS and Demented Scouser (who is he?), and the less and less respect I have for you, and your co-horts like Chopper.  Sorry, but I have to say, you just don't seem to get what Liverpool Football Club is all about, and for that reason....   You're now on my "cant be arsed with you any more" list.

YNWA Rafa.  Lets bring him HOME, and give him the chance to make us great again.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:39:17 am by Greebo62 »
Believe...

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 11:46:58 am »
I don't know how long this thread will stay alive but . . .

The saddest thing for me is how much different (and worse) Rafa looks these days than he did in those pictures. Sure, time passing affects us all but . . . dear me, has that man aged or what?

It's amazing what stress will do to ya.
  It's pretty amazing to me that people stilll think that managing a football team and being paid a fortune to do so is  stressful .

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:39 am »
  It's pretty amazing to me that people stilll think that managing a football team and being paid a fortune to do so is  stressful .

Yes because getting paid a load of money to do something takes all the stress away doesn't it.

Offline IvanSER

• Anny Roader
  • Long way from Liverpool
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 12:26:34 pm »
Our opponents hated Rafa.
Our opponents like Roy.

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
@Yvanicuzz

Offline TheBombardier

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 12:32:34 pm »
Spot on.
3 years ago I made an effort to watch every LFC game.
Now I just scan the scores, total lack of interest due to the dros that unfolds every game.
And its not just me, all of us down here in summer are disconected from the actual football.
We love LFC, we just see no point in watching the games anymore...

It HAS to change

Me too. Can't be bothered even watching the goals on the news roundup. Part of me even wants us to get beat just to hasten the useless c*nts departure. Couldn't bear it if he was given money to spend. Get Rafa back asap.
Walk On
The Bombardier

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 12:32:56 pm »
Well in my good man, drinks are on me.

No shandy please. I'm not a Southern Muffer.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »
Me too. Can't be bothered even watching the goals on the news roundup. Part of me even wants us to get beat just to hasten the useless c*nts departure. Couldn't bear it if he was given money to spend. Get Rafa back asap.

That is what has done it for me. Normally before a match, I'd be reading everything around the game. I'd be looking at the away form and working out how well every single player of the opposition had played, what their dangers were, what their positions were, how many times they've appeared, who might replace them and what the tactics were likely to be. I'd work out our team based on their system and our availability and then I'd work out the likely play with people dealing with certain threats and the likely outcomes. I'd be talking about the formations, positions, tactics and build up to the game for days. Before the game, I'd be rescanning everything about what is about to happen. Then I'd watch the managers take before kick off and see if there were any gems and clues about what direction the club was heading. I'd then watch the game - going mental at every decision and willing the ball into the net - this is what it's all about. All that buildup. All that stress. All that enthusiasm. All that passion. All that controlled passion. And after watching the game, try and put together what happened given the information gathered beforehand. I'd see the managers post-match press conference and again try and absorb what was said in relation to the information gathered. Then I'd watch the game again in detail, seeing where the mistakes were at. Seeing the positives. Making my own mind up - seeing if I was fair if I was at the ground and seeing if I was fair if I wasn't. Then I'd watch the Match of the Day take on it all and the Goals on Sunday take of it all and compare what I thought against what was said - another view is always welcome. Quite often I'd then watch the game a third time and see how the previous stuff affected it.

This season with Roy at the helm, I don't watch the buildup. I don't read about the opposition players or team or manager because I know Roy will largely ignore them completely. I don't bother watching his ridiculous match conference and I ignore the buffoons coming out with rubbish in the press. It's the same old tired bollocks excuses with no depth or knowledge involved. I watch the game in a detached manner. Mildly happy if we score. Mildly unhappy when we concede. Then I don't listen to what the manager has to say - theres nothing worth listening to. I don't watch Match of the Day defending the indefensible. I don't watch goals on Sunday and I don't read match reports.

The whole thing has been turned into a damp squib. I can't see anything happening to change that - apart from Hodgson leaving.

He doesn't do passion. He doesn't do Joy. He doesn't do Us.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2010, 01:01:15 pm »

I have read 100s of quality posts. But nothing has affected me as this one. The best!
Trust me mate. If ever RAWK removes the limit on signatures, that will be mine.

Offline 'justice'

• .....for the Westbury One.....and a woolly perm, a lacoste polo and a sovereign too, if it's not too much trouble, ta!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2010, 01:02:08 pm »

Roy: Slags the club, the fans, the City off. Blames everyone but himself. Peddles whopping media lies on a pretty much daily basis. Slags his own players off more often than not. Has a go at the squad which is 'too big', 'too small', 'not his' and then complains about the quality - even though the two worst players in that squad have been signed by him. Has a go at Rafa then backs down when Rafa responds. Tries to wheedle his way around the fans by lying about Rafa's relationship with Kenny - which Kenny and his son quietly refute. Chummies up with all his Southern press mates. Then complains that he is hard done to. Displays all the usual traits of LMA members in this country. Bigs himself up on every opportunity. Tells people how wonderful he is. But it's all the previous managers fault, it's the players fault, it's the clubs fault, it's the fault of not enough money, it's always someone else that is to blame. Bigs up Jose Mourinho to Liverpool fans. Bigs up Alex Ferguson to Liverpool fans. Worries that taking the Liverpool job will upset his LMA Mates. Doesn't get the Club. Doesn't get the City. Doesn't get the Fans. Doesn't get the Tradition. Doesn't get the honour. Is NOT one of us

Spot on

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2010, 01:02:32 pm »
Why does every thread have to descend into Rafa vs Roy.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2010, 01:06:08 pm »

To be fair, look at the title of this one mate. Was kind of inevitable...!  ;)
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2010, 01:07:03 pm »
To be fair, look at the title of this one mate. Was kind of inevitable...!  ;)

I know mate I was being ironical :P
In my defense it is just past 8am in the morning and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Will try harder

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »
I know mate I was being ironical :P
In my defense it is just past 8am in the morning and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Will try harder

Fuck, this hangover is worse than I thought then. As you were, sir....  :-[
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 01:09:44 pm »
Fuck, this hangover is worse than I thought then. As you were, sir....  :-[

:D

I too am slightly hungover. So no worries there ...

Rafa vs Roy, one gives me hope, one takes it away.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:46 pm »
The difference is simple. Roy hodgson does not share our ambition, our view on football or our view on Liverpool Football Club. Rafa Benitez does.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 01:14:12 pm »

Captain Obvious says because that is the title of the thread. Roy is wrong for us there is no question about that. Rafa looks a tired man now. I think he is brilliant but perhaps everything has got to him a bit. For Rafas sake i hope he takes a year off maybe do some punditry. Then go somewhere with a clear head and be brilliant again.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 01:19:11 pm »

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2010, 01:20:51 pm »

:wellin

Top class. Should be tattoed on to the back of peoples eylids.