Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 93917 times)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2023, 09:14:13 am »
He does seem a sound chap. Someone you'd definitely want to go for a pint with! Ha ha. It's just nice having a manager that seems to genuinely want to be here. Mourinho and Conte just continually gave off the impression they were doing us a favour...

...which they weren't because they bored us all to bloody tears for 3 years with nothing to show for it

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2023, 05:30:10 pm »
well - postecoglu has turned them into believers it seems - in a very short span.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2023, 05:31:52 pm »
They don't have the squad depth to sustain a top 4 push, but they'll be right up there for top 6 and he's done a good job so far, really turned it around.  The Spurs fans I know are raving about finally playing attacking football and not being such a passive team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2023, 05:32:27 pm »
Could be a new manager bounce. Or being freed from the tyranny of Kane wanting to nick everyone else's goals

You feel sure they'll end up Spursing it at some point.

But if they are strong enough to take points off City that's got to be good, if we do our job
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2023, 06:26:55 pm »
They don't have the squad depth to sustain a top 4 push, but they'll be right up there for top 6 and he's done a good job so far, really turned it around.  The Spurs fans I know are raving about finally playing attacking football and not being such a passive team.

No Europe makes that easier. A Celtic fan I know lived watching them but said they got spanked in Europe a bit because they were as open and attacking against the good sides as the dross. With a lot more good sides around in this league they may ship a few soon enough.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2023, 07:26:29 pm »
Have any of the various talking heads that are eulogising about Spurs, also mentioning the fact that they've genuinely had a piss easy set of fixtures to start the season?

We've went to the Tories and Saudi already, and outclassed a decent Aston Villa team.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2023, 08:29:43 pm »
They are playing Arsenal and LFC in their next 2 league games, so we will see how good they really are ...

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2023, 10:58:03 am »
Ange Postecoglou oozes class and it's a real pity there are not more managers like him.
The more you read about him, the more you warm to him. With a likeable manager and the diving, cheating Kane gone, I'm scratching around for reasons to still loathe them. The Pigeon is an obvious one but given his recent mental health difficulties, he's off-limits at the moment (likely to be temporary). I guess there's Maddison. Have never liked him but I'd probably say different if he was one of us. That leaves the media - especially The BBC - who have fawned over Spurs for years when it was wholly unjustified. We'll never hear the end of it if they start being successful.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2023, 11:47:51 am »
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy 'open' to selling stake

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy would be "open" to selling his stake if it was in the best interest of the club.

Levy has been chairman since 2001 and his family are 29.88% investors in Spurs' majority shareholder ENIC, who own 86.58% of the club.

Some Tottenham fans called for Levy to step down last season.

"I've got no real interest to leave Tottenham, but I have a duty to consider anything that anyone may want to propose," Levy told Bloomberg.

"It's not about me, it's about what's right for the club. We have 30,000 shareholders who own approximately 13.5 per cent. We run this club as if it is a public company."

The mood at Tottenham has lifted this season following the appointment of Ange Postecoglou in the summer, but issues off the field continue to keep Levy under the spotlight.

Fans protested before last month's win over Manchester United due to the club's decision to increase match day ticket prices for 2023-24.

Meanwhile, Joe Lewis - Tottenham owner until October when he ceased to be "a person with significant control" and the club shares were handed over to his family trust - was indicted on charges of insider trading in America in July, although he pleaded not guilty.

Spurs are unbeaten after five games - winning four and drawing one - and sit second in the Premier League.

Levy admitted earlier this week that the club made "mistakes" in appointing "trophy managers" Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.

The 61-year-old confirmed that several parties have previously expressed an interest in the club, especially since they moved into a new 62,850-seater stadium in 2019.

"If anyone wants to make serious propositions to the board of Tottenham, we will consider it along with our advisors. And if we felt it was in the interests of the club, we would be open to anything," Levy said.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66876889

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2023, 11:54:34 am »
James Maddison has been banned from driving his “red” car into the training ground.

Theyre very evertonish sometimes.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2023, 12:03:04 pm »
James Maddison has been banned from driving his “red” car into the training ground.

Theyre very evertonish sometimes.

Most articles seem to be reporting it as a joke about the derby, long way to go before they reach everton levels of even having blue cones because orange is too close to the colour that must not be named.  ;D

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2023, 12:09:54 pm »
Most articles seem to be reporting it as a joke about the derby, long way to go before they reach everton levels of even having blue cones because orange is too close to the colour that must not be named.  ;D

I still remember an everton fan on radio saying he doesnt eat tomatoes  :D

Hilarity

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2023, 12:14:05 pm »
We'll never hear the end of it if they start being successful.

I'm not too concerned :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2023, 12:17:01 pm »
Okay, listen mate, I’ve got to tell you something mate I saw something mate … mate just watch this mate okay mate thanks mate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66846293
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2023, 12:20:09 pm »
Okay, listen mate, I’ve got to tell you something mate I saw something mate … mate just watch this mate okay mate thanks mate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66846293

I like Ange.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2023, 12:22:05 pm »
I like Ange.

Same. I’m sure there’s a stat about Melbourne being about the third biggest Greek city in terms of population. I’m sure the resident Aussies would know better!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2023, 12:31:18 pm »
Hearing about him speak about his journey to Tottingham it made me bloody cry mate, you big great big galaahhhh … his dad was a blaaaaaaaaady unskilled labourer mate, they ate dandelions and baked beans as a kid mate

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/43TPK_XWpl4?si=KHo2GIBDAxCDFCEv" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/43TPK_XWpl4?si=KHo2GIBDAxCDFCEv</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2023, 12:40:09 pm »
Hearing about him speak about his journey to Tottingham it made me bloody cry mate, you big great big galaahhhh … his dad was a blaaaaaaaaady unskilled labourer mate, they ate dandelions and baked beans as a kid mate

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/43TPK_XWpl4?si=KHo2GIBDAxCDFCEv" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/43TPK_XWpl4?si=KHo2GIBDAxCDFCEv</a>

How dare you! Toby was a little wanker but that was tear jerking stuff. Poor old Joe, stuck with his busy body mum!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2023, 12:40:48 pm »

Blue outfits in the Santa Dash is my favourite ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2023, 01:19:49 pm »

Hilarity
not uncommon when I was growing up - refusing to allow bacon in the house for example.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2023, 02:13:29 pm »

Hilarity

Yeah, there's no end of real examples from the blue quarter, plenty won't even refer to the name of the city they live in.  ;D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2023, 04:21:10 pm »
Yeah, there's no end of real examples from the blue quarter, plenty won't even refer to the name of the city they live in.  ;D

lmao i know a really nasty, bitter blue that is like this ... nasty old goblin of a woman, gets super passive aggressive when she finds out someone is a red ... it's a sight to behold

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2023, 10:11:33 pm »
lmao i know a really nasty, bitter blue that is like this ... nasty old goblin of a woman, gets super passive aggressive when she finds out someone is a red ... it's a sight to behold
How is your mum? 😀
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2023, 10:32:21 pm »
Where the fuck do you even buy a blue cone?
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2023, 11:53:49 pm »
they have a huge warehouse full of cans of blue paint.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2023, 12:31:24 am »

It's not hard. Safety cones come in 6 colors.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2023, 12:55:25 am »
It's not hard. Safety cones come in 6 colors.

Jurgen says it's growing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2023, 01:22:34 pm »
Ange Postecoglou: Spurs boss talks to Gary Lineker about being a refugee, trophies and waiting - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66846293

I was a massive Liverpool fan, I loved Bill Shankly, I loved the boot room stories.

If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2023, 03:26:31 pm »
Ange Postecoglou: Spurs boss talks to Gary Lineker about being a refugee, trophies and waiting - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66846293

Hard not to like him, he comes across well. Being a massive red helps obviously. ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2023, 04:24:22 pm »
Normal service resumed. Still, I would like for Arsenal and Tottenham to finish 3rd/4th ...

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2023, 04:27:14 pm »
Normal service resumed. Still, I would like for Arsenal and Tottenham to finish 3rd/4th ...

Normal service being resumed at Tottenham would have had us losing that game as our record there is appalling.

6 games in and unbeaten whilst playing a decent brand of football. I'm loving life right now!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2023, 04:35:02 pm »
Normal service being resumed at Tottenham would have had us losing that game as our record there is appalling.

6 games in and unbeaten whilst playing a decent brand of football. I'm loving life right now!

When I said "normal service", I was thinking about LFC and Man City fighting for the title, and you and Arsenal fighting for the CL spots. I will watch the game later on replay ...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2023, 04:42:10 pm »
When I said "normal service", I was thinking about LFC and Man City fighting for the title, and you and Arsenal fighting for the CL spots. I will watch the game later on replay ...

Way to early for that, we're only 6 games in. We've got these next, it's going be tough. They look good so far.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2023, 04:45:58 pm »
Way to early for that, we're only 6 games in. We've got these next, it's going be tough. They look good so far.

Nah, we will beat them ...

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2023, 07:13:39 pm »
we play Leicester on Wednesday, but Spurs were knocked out in the last round by Fulham.

they have the whole week off.

crap.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2023, 07:42:13 pm »
we play Leicester on Wednesday, but Spurs were knocked out in the last round by Fulham.

crap.

True, but you’d imagine we are in for wholesale changes like last Thursday.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2023, 07:43:13 pm »

crap.

Actually, it is a chance to give our backup players some much needed starts ...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2023, 09:01:21 pm »
True, but you’d imagine we are in for wholesale changes like last Thursday.

I think we’ll see as close to 11 changes as possible, injuries permitting.

Could still put out:

Kelleher

Badger
Konate
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Elliott

Jota
Gakpo
Doak

Half hours here and there for some other regulars but we should be able to rest up fairly well.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2023, 09:22:56 pm »
Spurs will be more than happy with a draw against us and that’s what I feel like will happen

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2023, 09:26:24 pm »
I think we’ll see as close to 11 changes as possible, injuries permitting.

Could still put out:

Kelleher

Badger
Konate
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Elliott

Jota
Gakpo
Doak

Half hours here and there for some other regulars but we should be able to rest up fairly well.

Red tinted spectacles of course, but that’s not a bad team!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?