Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 108927 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1080 on: April 7, 2024, 06:29:02 pm »
could have fooled me.
Predictably, someone comes in to make it personal :D

It's not. He made a very basic mistake which really tilted tge momentum of the game.

Quansah was amazing today and the mistake doesn't matter, it was just bad luck. Happy now?

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: April 7, 2024, 06:30:10 pm »
I did and I praised him on here.

However, a must-win game away to your biggest rivals is a tougher game, no? You can't be making basic mistakes like that but he'll learn from it.
you're actually saying that MU is a bigger test than MC?  jesus.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1082 on: April 7, 2024, 06:30:21 pm »
Agree, but Quansah has that error in him, he gave an equally easy ball away at the start. I guess it's an aspect of his game that will improve as he gains experience. Top marks though for not letting it affect his game.

He does, but it goes with the way we play, we play on the edge. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. I thought his attitude was excellent after the goal he kept his head together well. I am sure he will learn from the experience. It wasn't that which made us draw the game, we just missed too many chances and were over fussy with our build up play.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: April 7, 2024, 06:31:33 pm »
you're actually saying that MU is a bigger test than MC?  jesus.
Playing away at OT is tougher than Anfield because it's more hostile and you know. You're just being pedantic.

Agree to disagree mate. You can argue with someone else. There's no need to derail the thread by asking rhetorical questions.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 06:33:36 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #1084 on: April 7, 2024, 06:33:40 pm »
Jesus... a player makes a mistake in a game.

It's not unusual.

Other than that he did really well.

Even Van Dijk makes mistakes. Even Baresi, etc did. It's just one of those things.
20 and 7

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: April 7, 2024, 06:36:40 pm »
His mistake cost us. It wasn't even the wrong option he just didn't hit the ball hard enough. He's been brilliant for us and that mistake whilst terrible doesn't change the fact that he's been brilliant for us in every game he's played including this one.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1086 on: April 7, 2024, 06:37:14 pm »
Thought he was really, really good again today, obviously aside from a couple of misplaced passes. Everyone has a mistake in them, but not everyone responds so well. Testament to his character that he picked up where he left off. Barely but a foot wrong across 26 games for us.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1087 on: April 7, 2024, 06:38:23 pm »
Bad pass aside he was great today. Not only that, he didn't put a foot wrong after the mistake, and that shows a lot about his character. It was a stupid and careless ball but that lends probably to how comfortable we were in terms of domination of play. He isn't the first to play a suicide pass like that and he won't be the last.

Head up Jarrell lad, you bounced back and your mistake shouldn't have mattered.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: April 7, 2024, 06:44:43 pm »
Was always going to happen, no blame from me, his team mates let him down for making that mistake be so important.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #1089 on: April 7, 2024, 06:46:34 pm »
Was always going to happen, no blame from me, his team mates let him down for making that mistake be so important.
Agreed. The senior players let him down. Can't ask young player to play perfectly because they can't take their chances.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: April 7, 2024, 06:47:17 pm »
Jurgen has to own this - there is no reason why you’d start a kid with less than 20 premier league appearances over Gomez who played an integral part in our last premier league win and has significantly more big game experience.

Quansah is a fabulous talent, but did not need to start this game - we had other proven options.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1091 on: April 7, 2024, 06:55:09 pm »
Only mistake he's made and didn't let it get to him either.

Onwards and upwards, he's the future.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1092 on: April 7, 2024, 06:59:33 pm »
Quansah will learn from this, he probably feels awful. But I blame the kit man, who didn't outfit the front three with their shooting boots. We can't miss so many chances and become champions, we have to turn this around right now.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: April 7, 2024, 07:00:37 pm »
Do you think Klopp is aware that  Konate can't play 2 games in quick succession? Seeing as Klopp played him in both thursdays fixtures before sunday games at old trafford, thursday fixtures incl home games against sheffield utd and protecting a 5 -1 lead over sparta

I dunno why he's played him when he hasn't needed to.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: April 7, 2024, 07:22:39 pm »
He was really good out the error. He going keep getting better.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: April 7, 2024, 07:22:52 pm »
Thought he was really good.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: April 7, 2024, 10:40:39 pm »
Feel for the lad, changed the game. He's not put a foot wrong all season. I also think any other player misses the opportunity/doesn't think to take it first time which is even more unfortunate for him.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1097 on: April 7, 2024, 10:54:55 pm »
I've been hugely impressed with Quansah this season, to the extent that he's the obvious Matip replacement in the squad for me to slot in as 4th choice CB, with a new left-sided one coming in the summer. I was at Craven Cottage for the SF 2nd leg and was just amazed how good he looked in the flesh, an immaculate defender on his day, which have been plentiful in his debut season.

But...and there's always a but. He has looked slightly nervier lately, especially playing alongside Bradley, which is totally understandable. Brighton clearly targeted those areas last weekend. The way Jurgen has rotated Quansah/Konate has done my head in all season to be honest; it's the one thing I don't think he's got right consistently in an otherwise incredible managerial season from the big man, and today it's probably cost us. He keeps playing Konate in games like Sheff Utd and Sparta Prague when we should be saving him for the big games like today, and letting Quansah continue to grow away from a) truly elite opposition players and b) tough away grounds.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: April 7, 2024, 10:59:24 pm »
I've been hugely impressed with Quansah this season, to the extent that he's the obvious Matip replacement in the squad for me to slot in as 4th choice CB, with a new left-sided one coming in the summer. I was at Craven Cottage for the SF 2nd leg and was just amazed how good he looked in the flesh, an immaculate defender on his day, which have been plentiful in his debut season.

But...and there's always a but. He has looked slightly nervier lately, especially playing alongside Bradley, which is totally understandable. Brighton clearly targeted those areas last weekend. The way Jurgen has rotated Quansah/Konate has done my head in all season to be honest; it's the one thing I don't think he's got right consistently in an otherwise incredible managerial season from the big man, and today it's probably cost us. He keeps playing Konate in games like Sheff Utd and Sparta Prague when we should be saving him for the big games like today, and letting Quansah continue to grow away from a) truly elite opposition players and b) tough away grounds.

Yeah can’t understand why Konate would start mid week and not today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: April 7, 2024, 11:03:35 pm »
Thing is Konate played on Wednesday for 90 minutes and if we would have played him against Brighton then that would have meant he played two full games in less than a week after coming back from a muscle injury.

I am no physio but i dont think it works like that, where you play two games but assure your muscles you are having a break after that, honest. He plays a game, he has then a greater chance of being injured in the next one.

It was just unfortunate the order of the games.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #1100 on: April 7, 2024, 11:04:54 pm »
We should just buy 60 million defenders and stop playing kids like that Genius  that manages Abu Dhabi.

Seriously though the kid has been a revelation this season and it's ridiculous we're where we are having had to play an inexperienced kid so often in such a key position. The irony today is that he's so brilliant technically for a centre back. Great that he didn't lose his head after the mistake too.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1101 on: April 7, 2024, 11:09:10 pm »
I didn't have a problem when I saw his name on the team sheet. He's been fantastic this season when we've needed him like many of the youngsters playing to ridiculous levels and the reason we have one trophy in the bag and still flying in the other two.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #1102 on: April 7, 2024, 11:09:59 pm »
His positioning after the goal was incredible and he stopped a good few counter attacks. He made a mistake, was brilliant otherwise, move on.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: April 7, 2024, 11:11:34 pm »
He was really good. Its been an incredible season for him, out of nowhere to perform this well.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: April 7, 2024, 11:12:33 pm »
I swear any other week Fernandes tries that and slices it out horribly for a throw in. Not that it wasn't a bad mistake.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: April 7, 2024, 11:25:04 pm »
I swear any other week Fernandes tries that and slices it out horribly for a throw in. Not that it wasn't a bad mistake.
Very good strike indeed.

It's not about the goal per say but United were dead at that point and that gave them something to cling on to. Even if they hadn't scored, they'd have played with more belief.

Even the most experienced players make those mistakes. I remember Matip misplacing a pass against Palace in Jan 22. It was a comfortable game but after that misplaced pass, they really attacked and it was a slog. More recently, Ake misplaced a pass against us (which led to the pen) and it completely the momentum of the game. After that, we outplayed even though we fielded a "weakened"  11.

At places like Old Trafford,  you can't show weakness. It's the same for Anfield and that's why teams crumble here after we equalise. It's a learning curve for the young lad.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 11:28:04 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #1106 on: April 7, 2024, 11:34:53 pm »
He was excellent in the build up to the penalty also. An exciting young player having a great debut season.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline us_col

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1107 on: April 7, 2024, 11:35:34 pm »
This lad is a revelation.
At 21 years old I bet he is ahead of where VVD was at this age.
We're lucky to have him.
end of.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1108 on: April 7, 2024, 11:38:47 pm »
Very good strike indeed.

It's not about the goal per say but United were dead at that point and that gave them something to cling on to. Even if they hadn't scored, they'd have played with more belief.

Even the most experienced players make those mistakes. I remember Matip misplacing a pass against Palace in Jan 22. It was a comfortable game but after that misplaced pass, they really attacked and it was a slog. More recently, Ake misplaced a pass against us (which led to the pen) and it completely the momentum of the game. After that, we outplayed even though we fielded a "weakened"  11.

At places like Old Trafford,  you can't show weakness. It's the same for Anfield and that's why teams crumble here after we equalise. It's a learning curve for the young lad.

If Old Trafford is the same as Anfield then why do we need special referees at Anfield.

Kyle Walker "I feel once you have Anfield and the crowd behind him, he could have crumbled. But that shows his experience, that shows his character and that’s why he's regarded probably as one of the best referees in this country and in the world at the minute."
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: April 7, 2024, 11:41:44 pm »
This was his most Matip performance. Just exceptional on the ball bar the mistake.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: April 7, 2024, 11:42:55 pm »
If Old Trafford is the same as Anfield then why do we need special referees at Anfield.

Kyle Walker "I feel once you have Anfield and the crowd behind him, he could have crumbled. But that shows his experience, that shows his character and that’s why he's regarded probably as one of the best referees in this country and in the world at the minute."
I was clearly talking about the impact on the opposition. Ake (a seasoned defender) made a bad pass and City went into their shell while it gave us a lot of confidence. IIRC we had more than enough big chances to win after that.

Did City's performance drop after that? Yes
Should we have won based on the chances created? Yes

That just shows how tight the margins are that a bad pass can change a big game.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1111 on: April 8, 2024, 12:09:01 am »
He's confident, which you need, sometimes a lesson like today stops you being overconfident, which you don't need.
I remember when Carragher scored two own goals in the same game and thinking that will be a good lesson for him, I think he took it onboard
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1112 on: April 8, 2024, 12:26:36 am »
He's confident, which you need, sometimes a lesson like today stops you being overconfident, which you don't need.
I remember when Carragher scored two own goals in the same game and thinking that will be a good lesson for him, I think he took it onboard

He certainly never did it again :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: April 8, 2024, 12:50:39 am »
That was a .04 Xg chance from Opta. So it was not easy even wo the goalie in position. Like the best chance of the game was the one Fernandes miss hit and Kelleher had an easy save(he was also onside by the looks of it)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1114 on: April 8, 2024, 07:27:54 am »
That was a .04 Xg chance from Opta. So it was not easy even wo the goalie in position. Like the best chance of the game was the one Fernandes miss hit and Kelleher had an easy save(he was also onside by the looks of it)
0.04?? Thats mad. The goal was wide open. I would rate that at 0.5 or so

Sorry for Quansah, but it was not his first misplaced pass like that. He plays just a bit too risky IMO.
ManU directed the press to let him do the buildup, hoping for something like this.

Great talent though, especially in defense

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: April 8, 2024, 07:34:32 am »
Mistakes happen, even VVD and Ali dropped a clanger away at Arsenal. He was boss again other than that, it's just a shame the game wasn't out of sight by then so we had some wiggle room.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: April 8, 2024, 07:41:33 am »
Mistakes happen, even VVD and Ali dropped a clanger away at Arsenal. He was boss again other than that, it's just a shame the game wasn't out of sight by then so we had some wiggle room.

Exactly, people talking like this hasn’t happened before, Ali, Trent, Van Dijk have all done the same, the problem was the magnitude but that’s on the team not Quansah.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: April 8, 2024, 07:53:37 am »
0.04?? Thats mad. The goal was wide open. I would rate that at 0.5 or so

Sorry for Quansah, but it was not his first misplaced pass like that. He plays just a bit too risky IMO.
ManU directed the press to let him do the buildup, hoping for something like this.

Great talent though, especially in defense
Yea. I mean he shooting like 40+ yards away still with a defender about to close down on him even though Kelleher was way out of his goal to be a passing option. XGot was .26(which the post shot).
You want the Cbs to make the line breaking passes, that was just a bad one. He young and been super good.
In this game he had the 2nd most progressive passes by a Liverpool player at 10 and he did well Defensively. He made one big error, he will learn from it. I know he misplaced some earlier but he fixed it quickly then rebounded well from the mistake that important.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: April 8, 2024, 07:59:49 am »
Yea. I mean he shooting like 40+ yards away still with a defender about to close down on him even though Kelleher was way out of his goal to be a passing option. XGot was .26(which the post shot).
You want the Cbs to make the line breaking passes, that was just a bad one. He young and been super good.
In this game he had the 2nd most progressive passes by a Liverpool player at 10 and he did well Defensively. He made one big error, he will learn from it. I know he misplaced some earlier but he fixed it quickly then rebounded well from the mistake that important.

Think his short passing is one thing he needs to improve on. He did it against Brighton as well, he sometimes doesnt sharply get the ball forward, probably one reason why sides are letting him have the ball as much.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: April 8, 2024, 08:00:08 am »
Exactly, people talking like this hasn’t happened before, Ali, Trent, Van Dijk have all done the same, the problem was the magnitude but that’s on the team not Quansah.

The game should already have been out of sight, his mistake shouldn’t have mattered.